Quincy Jones Proms

Tony R

Proud Member
Last edited:
Thank you for the youtube link. I read an interview with the conductor and thought this is a show I'd love to see.
Just read the Guardian interview where he admitted he said "stupid things after Michael died."

Almost fell over.

Was gonna mention that ^, but didn't want it to become another anti Q thread ;)

where he admitted he said "stupid things after Michael died."
I can't, I really just can't.
kkI82_.gif

Was gonna mention that ^, but didn't want it to become another anti Q thread ;)
I can't post it since I'm on a phone I can't work-
There are a lot of hateful, disgusting things said about Quincy but not from me. I'll always love his work.

(and I still think he had a type of nervous breakdown during that interview with Harry Smith.)

Quincy Jones: the day Michael Jackson's pet snake got loose in the studio https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...-jazz-sinatra-michael-jackson-proms-interview

“It is a tragic story. I said a lot of stupid things after he died,” says Jones, who reportedly claimed that Jackson had wanted to be white. “You cannot make records like that without extreme love, trust and respect,” he adds now, with what might be a note of contrition.

No shit Sherlock, what he said about MJ and then his kids was downright vicious, and says more about him than of MJ......stupid old fool!

Last edited:
That Billie Jean cover is just awesome! Gives me the chills! (y)

The Metropole Orkest is a blast! That whole arrangement :swoon:

The guy is either senile or bipolar! I suppose we should feel sorry for him except, next week he will probably be slating Michael again.

🙅

The guy is either senile or bipolar! I suppose we should feel sorry for him except, next week he will probably be slating Michael again.

??

Nice. Simultaneously mocking mental illness and age.

No room for tolerance or forgiveness in the MJ fanworld!

I've got no tolerance or forgiveness for a man that has said the things he has, about a person he was supposed to care about.

Also, if he does have either of those conditions, someone should stop him from talking shit to the worlds press.

The alternative, and more likely of course, is that he has neither of the conditions, but that he is just a nasty, bitter old man.

Which do you think it is?

Nice. Simultaneously mocking mental illness and age.

No room for tolerance or forgiveness in the MJ fanworld!

I agree with you completely about it being wrong to mock mental illness and age (I would never do that), but honestly I don't think his apology was sincere, and I'm almost sure he'll say some dumb shit about Michael in the future.

After that video I made a thread about, I did some research and Quincy has said TOO many bad things about Michael for me to ever forgive him.
I have zero tolerance for anyone insulting Michael especially if they're repeat offenders.

I'd also like to add that there are many situations in which I've seen MJ fans be too kind and forgiving (at least in my opinion).
However, if you do feel as though MJ fans are too harsh perhaps you should consider that maybe many of us are that way because we're tired and wary of people that supposedly loved and/or cared about Michael backstabbing him. :yes:

Whether or not it was sincere I do like how he admitted that the things he said were wrong though. :)

Last edited:
He said many of those horrendous and untruthful things while Michael was alive having most of the world crucifying him and and repeated them again when he died. Why did Q kick him when he was down? How his apology is worth anything if Michael can no longer hear/read it?

He said many of those horrendous and untruthful things while Michael was alive having most of the world crucifying him and and repeated them again when he died. Why did Q kick him when he was down? How his apology is worth anything if Michael can no longer hear/read it?

The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

With Quincy I prefer just not to pay attention to his words now… good or bad. I’ve heard enough from him.
Saying that it still would be ok for me to see him taking part in MJ Estate projects.

Interesting that he admitted his mistakes though. I don’t remember him saying “sorry” before and ever. Can it be a damage control? What for? IDK.

With regards to that version of Billie Jean i thought it was great. I LOVE the arrangement from intro, middle to end. Awesome cover version. Can only imagine it would have been great to hear that live in that setting at the Royal Albert Hall.

He said many of those horrendous and untruthful things while Michael was alive having most of the world crucifying him and and repeated them again when he died. QUOTE]

Did he say anything bad about Michael before Michaels death? I only do know bad words from him after Michaels death.

Goddess4Real;4162121 said:
Quincy Jones: the day Michael Jackson's pet snake got loose in the studio https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...-jazz-sinatra-michael-jackson-proms-interview

“It is a tragic story. I said a lot of stupid things after he died,” says Jones, who reportedly claimed that Jackson had wanted to be white. “You cannot make records like that without extreme love, trust and respect,” he adds now, with what might be a note of contrition.

No shit Sherlock, what he said about MJ and then his kids was downright vicious, and says more about him than of MJ......stupid old fool!
Well that is hypocrical Q would say Mj wanted to be white. Many in the black community feel that QJ wanted to be white. As a black man who had been married FIVE times, Quincy has never had a black wife so many blacks felted he wanted to be white. At least Michael was truly in love with a black woman (Diana Ross. I believe he had real love for Diana Ross as a wife if he could married her-sorry but LMP and Debbie were women who were there when he was going through some things and that causes people to get into those kinds of relationships out of hurt and some caring feelings but not real love. That is why those marriages were short among other thing. but again, Q can not judge MJ on who wanted to be white. that is laughable coming from him.

Back