Quincy Jones' recollections of Michael

Bravo, Quincy, all my respect for you went down the toilet in a little less than 12 minutes.

I honestly thought it was a fake. There are many picture there you can see that MJ did have vitiligo. My respect for Quincy is gone and this time I will never get it back. He is just a bitter old man. MJ has also gone from beeing like his own son to barely know him to a part of his soul depending on his record sales at the moment it seems.

He's obviously grieving and really shouldn't have given this interview w/o getting his thoughts straight. The interview in itself seems spastic to say the least.
I'm not even wasting my time getting upset becuase some of it is just silly.
Chemical peels don't change a person's skin color and that's common damn sense.
MJ not wanting to be black- how could he know that if he never talked to Michael about it by his own admission?

What I don't like is Q mentioning MJ's kids. That's crossing the line and he should know better. That comment makes me lose respect for him.
I really don't understand people even if you have no respect for MJ you should atleast respect those children no matter whose they are. I have no tolerance for such mess.

MJ is now a part of his soul???? OK I too remember when he wanted nothing to do with MJ.
Add Q to the long list of people who need to shut what we call the F*ck up!!!

People, Quincy just tells it like it is. He's not lying about what he thinks. Between the time that him and Michael met on the set of the Wiz until now, Michael looks a lot different. What do you expect? He obviously still has feelings for Michael and together they created magical work. It would not have happened without the two of them together. I don't think any less of Quincy Jones. I don't understand what you expect him to say about his appearance and I don't think Quincy thinks any less of Michael.

I agree with you. That Q thinks about Michael's appearance is his business. That does not make him a backstabber come on. He's just being honest. What I did find strange is him mentioning his kids... maybe that's added to it (made up)? And it does not change the fact that he loves him.

i hate Quiency , oprah,and Obama....the tringle of hate.
i remember Oprah and Barbra Walters making programs about their most important interviews they did in their long career non of them mentioned Michael although they put some very usual characters and other normal interviews but not the King of pop !

Well congrats Quincy. Your statement about Michael didn't want to be black is spreading like wildfire. I'll be expecting one in our national newspaper tomorrow.

quincys always been a credit hogging idiot
he gets on my nerves seriously
after bad you cud tell q had summat stuk up his bside ths interview proves it
the mans gone let him be

I dunno, I frown at Quincy for nnot standing by Michael at the trial. That being said, the interview above didnt offend me too much. When you get up in years like Quincy, you stop beating around the bush. I appreciate his insight

I don't appreciate anyone who says that Michael did not have vitiligo. I have posted on this board before that I saw it with my own eyes during the History tour. He was on the cherry picker during Earth Song and then wind machine blew his white t-shirt up. His back was full of classic vitiliginous scarring - exactly the same random pattern of dark black and pale white that is seen on the vitiligo description web-sites. I'm not talking about the occassional little black dots we've all seen on Michael's arms when he wore t-shirts , I'm talking about large random black areas and white areas - typical unreated vitiligo. Michael did have vitiligo.

I dunno, I frown at Quincy for nnot standing by Michael at the trial. That being said, the interview above didnt offend me too much. When you get up in years like Quincy, you stop beating around the bush. I appreciate his insight

I am not going in to a debate about wether Michael did or did not have vitiligo. In my opinion, that is just a fact.

When it comes to Quincy, I have a lot of mixed feelings.
But as for your comment about getting older means that you tell it like it is, its my experience that age does not change your personality- if anything it tends to make you "more"of what you already are. Your colours shine more through.
If I follow that logic, I can understand why a working relationship between Quincy and Michael would stop working. I think Q likes the mentor role. And when Michael grew up, it became a challenge for both of them.
Quincy refers to Michael as his little brother. And that position is where he prefers to have him. It does not mean that he does not grieve, or feel loss. Its just that it may have been mixed emotions, and a lack of understanding.

I am not going in to a debate about wether Michael did or did not have vitiligo. In my opinion, that is just a fact.

But as for your comment about getting older means that you tell it like it is, its my experience that age does not change your personality- if anything it tends to make you "more"of what you already are. Your colours shine more through.
If I follow that logic, I can understand why a working relationship between Quincy and Michael would stop working. I think Q likes the mentor role. And when Michael grew up, it became a challenge for both of them.
Quincy refers to Michael as his little brother. And that position is where he prefers to have him. It does not mean that he does not grieve, or feel loss. Its just that it may have been mixed emotions, and a lack of understanding.

your points on how the working relationship between Quincy and Michael reached its useby date are very astute - thankyou

It does not mean that he does not grieve, or feel loss. Its just that it may have been mixed emotions, and a lack of understanding.

That was my assesment too but instead of being diplomatic with his answers he was just very to the point.

This Quincy sounds like a teen
LOL

OMG Was this real?

He is not mature then. LOL

Wow. . He was just another gold digger with good music, wasn't he?

I agree with you. That Q thinks about Michael's appearance is his business. That does not make him a backstabber come on. He's just being honest. What I did find strange is him mentioning his kids... maybe that's added to it (made up)? And it does not change the fact that he loves him.

There's a 'tense' problem. Not loves.
Loved MJ for money OK?

I seriously hope that this is a fake interview. How can he bash Mike like that especially now of all times????

I have just lost respect for a man Michael had great admiration for :(

........aaaaaaarrrhhhh.....I can see this making huge headlines :no:

just because you don't beat around the bush doesn't mean what your saying is correct.
HIs insight into what excatly?
From the sound of the interview, it doesn't seem like he knew MJ the person since the eighties, what kind of insight is that?
Growing in years doesn't mean you grow in wisdom.
And a wise person would not have said anything right now espceically on stuff you didn't really know the story about. Why add to all the speculation right now?

If my bestfriend came to me and said she had a disease that turns her skin from dark chocolate to skim milk white, I'd believe her.
Why the hell would he make that up?
You really think he would want to change his appearance that much?
A nose job, chin implant, that's one thing. Changing your skin color? Oh hell no. Michael was at the top of his game when this started to happen. He needed his friends to gather around him. It had to be scary not knowing how much of his skin would change and how fast. Trying to hide it back in '80-'86.
QJ just needs to STFU.

^I don't know what to make of Quincy either. I respect his musical accomplishments all right. I don't question his contributions and appreciate his passion to keep music in schools. I don't however like him as a person, and I don't really feel like I need to either. I think his partnership with MJ was brilliant - at the time. It served its purpose and Mike moved on. But I hate how the media has jumped on it so that it eclipses all of MJ's prior and later work. It's stupid, especially with the success and amazing videos Dangerous had and the global recognition MJ received.

I don't see why anyone is questioning if this interview is real or not. Q has said some not so nice things before - it's in his nature. He really does not beat around the bush. That's his choice, but I wish he were more sensitive about it - particularly now. If you ask me, it's just in poor taste to say some of the things he has so soon after MJ's death. With his passing, every question and mystery about MJ has just exploded all over the place. I've heard so much debate & arguing and it just makes me so sad when those of us who love him are grieving and trying to celebrate his life at the same time. Q's comments have just added fuel to the fire and that's a damn shame.

NO i find this really unfair. i dont think mj was some perfect angel. everyone has problems. the whole worlds strange... yet i would choose not to focus on the negative at this time. when someone dies, that is what you do, CELEBRATE THEIR LIFE. not take pots at someone who can no longer reply or fight their corner. alot of my best friends annoy me, but theres NO WAY i'd go around criticising one of them if they dies... you focus on the positive

what gets me is that MICHAEL NEVER CRITICISED PEOPLE IN THIS WAY. can you IMAGINE if Quincy died before MJ and the stuff MJ would have said??? there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY ON EARTH that mj would start discussing Qs private life or trying to psycoanalyse him.. im sorry i think its a disgrace

Agreed. That just gets to me too. Mike was so kind about everyone. He never had a bad word to say about anyone (well, except maybe Tommy Motolla). But with him it was always like he said in 'Jam', 'No one seems to let me be.' After his divorce with LMP, after Eminem made fun of him - seriously, this guy was just too nice. And he always, always gave it up to Quincy. How could Q say these things? What's obvious here is that he didn't ever know MJ personally, or didn't care to I guess.

What I don't like is Q mentioning MJ's kids. That's crossing the line and he should know better. That comment makes me lose respect for him.
I really don't understand people even if you have no respect for MJ you should atleast respect those children no matter whose they are. I have no tolerance for such mess.

Yes, co-sign x 1,000! I cannot believe all the hoopla surrounding MJ's kids. They were his life, and I've been hearing such awful things. But Q should absolutely know better. And WHO THE HELL does he think he is to say such things! I often forget Rashida Jones is his daughter when I see her. Why? Hmmm... But I would never insinuate anything bad about that. Someone's kids are their kids and that's plain off-limits. Everyone knows that. I guess it doesn't apply to MJ though :mat:.

I don't appreciate anyone who says that Michael did not have vitiligo. I have posted on this board before that I saw it with my own eyes during the History tour. He was on the cherry picker during Earth Song and then wind machine blew his white t-shirt up. His back was full of classic vitiliginous scarring - exactly the same random pattern of dark black and pale white that is seen on the vitiligo description web-sites. I'm not talking about the occassional little black dots we've all seen on Michael's arms when he wore t-shirts , I'm talking about large random black areas and white areas - typical unreated vitiligo. Michael did have vitiligo.

Unfortunately, so many people have not seen this and question it. I hate that too because just by looking at a few pictures it's so obvious that he had vitiligo. But a lot of people don't care to look or listen. You know, it's one thing to say that his looks have clearly changed, but it's another to assume that he didn't want to be black. It's such complete garbage. I wish those (supposedly) close to him would have just said he would've rather been one color than splotchy. Quincy is talking out of his ass. Because if anyone saw what Katherine Jackson had to say about it, she made it clear that their attitude was like that. That MJ didn't want to look like a 'spotted cow'. And I've seen someone with vitiligo. It is jarring to look at. You can hardly keep your eyes off of them. Lee Thomas, that reporter with vitiligo from Detroit, said too that he could understand being in the entertainment world and having to go through some sort of de-pigmentation treatment. I mean, I just don't understand why people won't listen to this kind of stuff.

And then Q has to go make it worse :no:.

Back