R.Kelly Appreciation Thread

loveland leaked and he was driving down the street after leaving the studio and the person driving along side of him was blasting tracks from the album. but Loveland was classic IMO. glad to see he is in the Motherland and dug his acapella take on "a change is gonna come" and hope he gets back to the soulful brand of Music he can make and leave the tired Dream,T-Pain,akon,trendy crap alone. he is way better than that. the Man is almost 20 years deep and he is above that garbage.

As sure I am that Michael Jackson is my favourite artist, just as sure am I that R. Kelly is my second most favourite artist.

Oh lord if you guys only knew how much I wish that Kells and Michael would get back together in the studio and reboot the music industry.
I mean like "You Are Not Alone", who does a song like that? Or you know, "R. Kelly - I Wish" or all them other epic R. Kelly songs.

There was a time when Kells did songs that only he could do, where the industry went like "how does that? how can we do this also?", and Kells would be standing inside looking out the window. - While now days he's standing outside looking in.

the last great quiet storm artist, imo. i prefer his greasy Chris Jasper-inspired slow jams over anything else. i recently posted this in the babymakers thread but here's my favourite:

1zam8g.jpg

R. Kelly
It Seems Like You're Ready

One of my favs from Kells!

I'm a big fan, but I'm really hating on the music Kelly has been putting out the last couple of years :(

He's dropping a new album in a month or so, will be interesting but I don't have too high hopes :(

Me too :(

The sad thing is he's a gifted vocalist and he would sound amazing with a live band. His voice is very reminiscent of Marvin Gaye's. Anyways, I heard he's following the Untitled album with an album called Zodiac which is supposed to be all R&B/baby-making music.

What are you thoughts on the Double Up album?

Yeah, I read he's doing a new stepping album also... kind of like Happy People/U Saved Me.

Honestly, I didn't like Double Up at all :( - Did you like any joints of it?

There were a couple of joints of TP.3 that I felt like Sex In The Kitchen and Kickin' It With Your Girlfriend. But after that I really haven't liked anything at all except "Playas Get Lonely" and "I Believe"... Supa Dupa Man was also quite nice.

I wish he'd get back to that music that hits you in the heart.

Everyone is saying this! I don't know why he's not getting the memo
You should've seen the Jimmy Kimmel performance! You can tell the audience was thinking "WTF? Is this the same guy that wrote and sang I Believe I Can Fly and If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time?" :lol:

I think Double Up is R. Kelly proving he can make Rap/Hip-Hop hits. I love Leave Your Name- it never fails to make me laugh! Best Friend and Real Talk- very entertaining and creative. Sex Planet and The Zoo is just..... :lol: I think it's brilliant! R. can sing about anything and make it soulful and good. But I wish he would do more songs like You Knock Me Out, The Greatest Show on Earth, and If. Happy People/Saved Me is nothing short of a masterpiece! I read that Marvin Gaye's mom gave R. Kelly Marvin's driving license because she felt if Marvin was still here with us he would do an album just like it.

What's your favorite R.Kelly album?

Haha Real Talk is quite funny though, especially the "video":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdaAWFoWr2c

Uhm, I think my favourite album is "TP-2", but I often find 2-3 favourite joints on each album, and don't so much listen to the rest :D
He's done some fantastic joints for soundtracks like "Gotham City" (+ remix) and "World's Greatest"

What's your favourite album?

Yes, he has. He wrote a song for the "Life" soundtrack- Fortunate for Maxwell (which BTW remains his biggest hit).

I'm the same! I have a few favs. from each of his album that I just leave on repeat for days on end! But It's so hard to choose one album! It depends what mood I'm in. ATM it's 12 play. That album is just pure genius!

Ugh, I love R. Kelly's music. Talk about versatile, the makes any type of album and it sales. He's a great artist IMO. He's able to appeal to old and young people.

R. Kelly is at his best when he's doing clasic R&B/Soul music
when he ventures off to pop.. it goes awry
12-play
loveland
chocolate factory
were his best, the early stuff with Aaliyah, sylenna Johnson, some of his best

YANA- example of his worst imo....

The Loveland album is INCREDIBLE!!

He should make more music like this!!

BruceWayne! You told a perfect story with those gifs!
But they're stretchin' the thread. Lol!
Other than the one you quoted, from whence you recieve your inspiration?
*Apples?*

:lol:

Hot 97: Reactions To First Two Episodes Of "Surviving R. Kelly"

I just know that they’re somehow going to drag MJ into this. I’m waiting.

Themidwestcowboy;4236417 said:
I just know that they’re somehow going to drag MJ into this. I’m waiting.

It was all over twitter the other night. People drawing parallels between MJ and R. Kelly. Awful.

So... how do we as an MJ community treat this? He appears guilty, signs are all over the place and seems very authentic. But I personally only watched the docuseries and fallowed this topic very lightly..

I'm trying not to be a hypocrate cuz I know when you dont study it, Michael LOOKED guilty when he wasnt.

So what do we do with this?

Back