Randall Sullivan's book "Untouchable"

Re: Randall Sullivan's new book "Untouchable" Tabloid Mess

Tmez does not have to explain himself to anyone. He's a good man.

Oh this time he does! he was mjs lawyer at the most horrible time in michael's life and it was tmez job to help him fight in court. Just cause michael aint here doesnt mean t mez can just act like it was nothing, cuz it was

Just because "A" does not agree with what "B" does, it does not mean "A" thinks "B" is not a good person. I thought we all admire Mez's legal prowess and the way he always tries to show people Michael is innocent. I think what most are saying here is that they do not understand why he supports Sullivan's book. This has nothing to do with a bad or good person. Mez did not say he supports only what he has to say in the book, but rather he supports the book. There is a difference here.

The fact that T-Mez is doing this Q & A is because he does feel he has to explain himself. And no one said he isn't a good person, so why even go there?

With so many law Enforcement trampling on Michael's private life, turning his home upside down looking for anything to prove and convict Michael in a Court of Law, that he truly is a pedophile, (which the FBI never found any child molestation sites on his computer, much less naked children involved with adults...screaming for help), Michael left "Neverland" and Michael moved to Bahrain upon the Invitation from the 33-year old Prince of Bahrain. The Prince offered Michael a job, to record music and work alongside the 33-year old Prince. It didn't work out. Instead the 33-year old Prince ended up suing Michael, because Michael got paid but didn't bring in any revenue for the Prince and Michael had to settle out of Court with the 33-year old Prince of Bahrain, so Grace the Nanny would quit spilling the beans about her Bank account and sending money to Katherine Jackson. I guess if the IRS is listening, maybe it could pose a problem for Michael!

I personally wouldn't give him the opportunity to make excuses and spread more lies.

Michael said

stopfilthypress.jpg

+10000000000............................

Joyce;3747784 said:
Tmez does not have to explain himself to anyone. He's a good man.

He doesn´t have to explain himself.
I don´t have to listen to him.
I don´t have to buy the book.

Re: Randall Sullivan's new book "Untouchable"

I still stand by what I said. We can agree to agree to disagree.

. Someone mentined earlier that if people really believed he was the monster that he was portrayed to be people would not have been so affected by his death. The world stopped .

I agree and he was also getting tons of love after the trial before he died. Just look at the 2006 World Music Awards and that was one year after the trial when the trial was still fresh in people's minds.

Hasn't this book flopped so far?

^ It has, that's why he's doing the interview with Reflections on the Dance, he wants to get the fans on his side to help promote his book, and to stop us from leaving negative reviews which he's aware are hurting his sales.

If he cared about sales he should've taken the time to write a better book.

"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

There's no way for Sullivan to explain away what he said on Nightline about his doubts. And there is no point for T-Mez to try and convince those who pointed out already that u can not sell a book to some just for one fair part in it and ignore the rest. So IMO their wasting their time! And I think I wasted mine for asking T-Mez a question when I know he just gonna say the same answer over again! -_-

Last edited:

Not interested in the book, and certainly not interested in the Q&A.

I can see there are different prices in different onlineshops but I take the highest price +shipping and for those money I plant 15 trees in Vi-agroforestry in Africa.
It´ll be a christmasgift for Michael.

'Untouchable'? This crap really is! I stayed out of the threads, don't really know alot but I know enough. Waste of paper, imo!

Actually already the title is interesting indeed. "Untouchable" may first sound like MJ is so good he's untouchable by anyone else, but the term is a lot more ambivalent and knowing the content of the book I wonder if what Sullivan meant is more the negative connotation: "Untouchable" people are in many societies (such as India, Korea) the outcasts, the low caste people...

Untouchable as in wouldn't want to go near it maybe?

It can also be a reference to the perception of him after 2005, "the teflon molester."

But I've realized it may just be a way to reference MJ's supposed virginity.

^Don't ask me where i read this as i can't remember, but sullivan said that the title referred to how mj was seen as untouchable in some quarters by the effect of the child molestation allegations, his whole book was intended to show how the 93 allegations played such a pivotal, negative role in his life. Unfortunately in the uk, untouchable has become synonomous with the saville affair, big celebs being called untouchable as they got away with crimes because of their power and influence - but seeing the book hasn't exactly caused a stir here that seems by the by.

Understanding The Fan Outrage Over The Sullivan Book From A Native Amercian Perspective

Posted by: Raven on: December 9 2012 •

My Favorite Pic Of Michael And Jingle Dress Dancer Sage Romero.

The fan outrage over the Sullivan book is being misrepresented in the media. I am personally tired of reading accounts that falsely try to pass this off as fans only wanting books that portray Michael positively. I beg to differ. Of course, I cannot speak for everyone. But from my standpoint, I would simply like to see books that portray Michael as a human being and that do not perpetuate the cliched’ caricature. I was thinking of this the other day when something occurred to me.

I am sure that most of you are aware that I am part Native American. I have mentioned this numerous times. Well, let’s make an analogy here.

Supposing a new book was released that promised to be a sympathetic look at the “plight” of the Native American? Let’s say that said book promised to tell the ugly truth about the US government’s treatment of Native people. Let’s say that said book does offer up some insightful chapters regarding various broken treaties and promises never delivered. So far, so good, right?

But what if in the process, said book also refers to us-not once, not twice, but repeatedley throughout the book-as “bucks” and “squaws”?

What if said book makes repeated references to scalping and highlights historical accounts of atrocities committed against Europeans, while downplaying all of the Native American massacres? And what if said book questions the validity of historical events such as the Sand Creek Massacre, or distorts events leading up to the Trail of Tears? What if said book completely ignores the advancements of civilization made at New Echota, or the Aztec Empire, only to say that all Native people lived only in tipis? What if the book only referred to us as “noble savages” and “misplaced children of the earth” or some such, and basically reduced our humanity and the entire complexity of who we are as a race of people down to nothing more substantial than a sports mascot caricature? What if the only sources or so-called “experts” on Indian culture and identity to be interviewed were descendants of Custer’s scouts and Dick Wilson’s ”goons” hired by the US government? What if the prevailing sentiment of the book was, “Yep, those poor Natives did get a raw deal, but they sure know how to make good fry bread. I love their beadwork; Dances With Wolves was a great movie, and, well, I do love me some Atlanta Braves!”

You get the picture. No matter how “sympathetic” such a book might be in regard to how the US government treated Native people, the end result is that readers still walk away with a false perception of who Native Americans are. They will come away with nothing to combat the idea of us as an inferior race; a stereotyped and carcicatured race who, even today, still are not afforded even the simple dignity and rights of most minority people. All we have to do is look around at the proliferation of sports mascots and team names that mock the true origins of Native people, or the stereotyped and cliched’ portrayals we continue to see in Hollywood (whether romanticized or villified) to see how true this is.

Native people would be understandably outraged over such a book, and most would agree that the potential damage of perpetuating cliches’, stereotypes, and misrepresentations of our people would far outweigh any of its intended good.

Now let’s suppose said author of such book went on a national talk show. An irate Native woman calls and asks if he knows what the word “squaw” actaully means, and what he is actually calling an Indian woman when he calls her by that word? (Hint: It doesn’t mean “woman” so much as it refers to what is between the legs of a woman!). The author simply shrugs, laughs off the question, and says, “But to the average American, the word simply means an Indian woman. No harm done. This word was a generally accepted part of the public lexicon for years. I have to pander to that part of my readership in order to get the ‘truth’ to them.”

Another caller asks how he can dispute that the Sand Creek Massacre, in which over 364 Cheyenne men, women and children died under the direct orders of General Armstrong Custer, happened? Again, said author simply shrugs and says, “Look, only Preseident Lincoln, General Custer, Colonel Chivington, and those 364 Cheyennes would know the truth about that.”

In between calls, the author and host exchange scoffs about “those crazy Indians” who can’t seem to understand or appreciate when someone is working for their benefit.

Our people are constantly being chided. We are told we should “lighten up” when we protest sports teams using our sacred names and defiling our images as mascots; for centuries, we have been expected to simply “take” being caricatured and misrepresented because “that’s just the way things are.”

Interestingly enough, I can also draw parallels between the current situation with the Sullivan book and how Native people have dealt with such conflicts for centuries. You see, just like with MJ fans, we have never been united on anything. You will have the radicals who believe the only way to right injustice is to have a “take no prisoners approach” (think AIM and political prisoners such as Leonard Peltier). Then there are those who think the only correct way to get results is to try to go through the system and do things “the legal way” via the white man’s system.
In the past, it has been proven time and again that neither approach really reaps results. The former almost universally results in arrests, further repatriations, deeper estrangement, and even death. Those arrested may be deemed heroes, but what good are they really serving in jail, when they could be doing far more productive things for our people? Yet history has also taught us that the way of passivity seldom works, either. (The infamous Trail of Tears was the result of leaders who tried to do things within the confines of law-and failed).

You might be asking how any of this has to do with Michael Jackson, or the Sullivan book? Well, obviously, I see a lot of parallels. Those of us who are knowledgable about Michael’s life have engaged in an ongoing battle to see the cliches’ laid to rest; his humanity fully restored, and the respect in his humanity fully restored. Some seem to think that we should settle for less in the name of whatever smidgeon of good this book proposes to do. My position, however, is that allowing the same old misrepresentations to go unchallenged isn’t making progress.

I have heard some ask: What would it matter if Michael wore a prosthetic nose, anyway? What difference should that make? Does it change the fact that he was the greatest entertainer of our time? No, it doesn’t and shouldn’t. But that is not the point.

I would still love Michael if he wore a prosthetic nose. I would still love him if he was gay. Heck, I’m sure I would still love him even if history proved him to be a purple people eater from Mars! These things don’t matter.

But truth DOES matter. Why should we accept a narrative that insists Michael wore a prosthetic nose, was a presexual virgin, a self hating black man, etc when all of these things have either been proven as blatantly false or at the very least, have enough contrary evidence with which to cast a severe shadow of doubt? We will never get to the truth about Michael by allowing misrepresentation to go unchallenged.

You see, it’s not so much that I care whether Michael wore a prosthetic nose, or had a nose, or died a virgin-if I thought any of it was true! But I do care that what is written about him is presented fairly and accurately. I just don’t see how this can be called going forwards-making progress-when it feels to me like taking ten gigantic leaps back.

But history has taught my people two very harsh lessons. Neither extreme radicalism nor extreme passivity work. Time and again, both have only ended in tragedy and more misunderstanding. There has to be a middle ground. Somehow, we have to find the balance that is assertive strength tempered with humility, grace, and patience. We have to correct misunderstanding and ignorance with education; not angry or bitter words. Yet we can’t afford to not take a stand. Garbage doesn’t always sink to the bottom. Sometimes it floats. Worse yet, it can also stick like slime.

While I have used the Native American experience as an easy analogy for me to relate to, the fact is that this is an issue that should be of concern to all humanity. Any attempt to exonerate or vindicate Michael Jackson should not have to be at the expense of his humanity. Allowing the caricature, tabloid myth to be perpetuated should not have to be the price that is paid.

Source: http://www.allforloveblog.com/?p=7456#comment-91844

Waw that blog, rely grips me. What makes it more powerful is to see Michael's story juxtaposed with that of the Native American's, and what we learn is that the vilification of Michael is not unique. It is the same where the group with the louder voice and power tries to wipe out someone's whole history and make it WHAT they want it to be. Here Sullivan tries to take away the truth about Michael and create or perpetuate that stupid caricature that the media (those with power) has created for him.

Many thanks to the writer of this blog, and thank you Qbee for posting it.

^History is written by the victors.

I'm just glad there's the internet now and so much information freely available, or else Michael's history would be sealed with endless books like this. The fact that his autopsy report can even be lied about though, something so definitive, it makes you realize how utterly easy it is to tell a lie about someone in the public sphere. Definitive proof about something can be right there and the front page of a magazine will tell an entirely different story.

I see the Sullivan friends/family are on the Amazon.co.uk page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Untouchable-Strange-Tragic-Michael-Jackson/dp/1611856035/ref=cm_rdp_product

^If you go on untouchable's amazon page you get 2 'official' reviews now.

Amazon literary editor Everybody knows the story: adorable musical prodigy grows up into weird, plastic surgery–addicted, money-obsessed celebrity who may or may not have been a pedophile but is doubtless sexually stunted. Sullivan hits all those notes, of course, and .. the sheer accumulation of detail and unusual amount of access to longtime Jackson advisors and relatives also makes you realize, once and for all, the extent of the damage done both to and by the guy the British press dubbed “***** *****.” Go on: Check out this train wreck of a life. I dare you to look away. --Sara Nelson

“Sullivan reveals a man who was not the pedophilic, transgendered, transracial freak the media thought he was, but a highly intelligent and sensitive perfectionist, more self-aware—and ashamed—of his surgically altered looks than the public ever knew. . . . Sullivan’s sensitive portrait of [Jackson] is a good start toward explaining and rehabilitating a lonely genius who was poorly understood in his lifetime.”—Kirkus Reviews

Are they reviewing the same book?? It's clear sullivan and his publishers are in a mess with this book. Are they wanting it to be seen as sympathetic or not? Who did they see as their audience? People who enjoy reading about mj's trainwreck of a life or people wanting a different view of mj?

I think sullivan and his publish are taken back by the savagery of the negative reviews because i personally see this book as very much along the lines of jrt's books. I'm not sure how jrt is seen by folks on here, but he does seem to have supporters in the fan community and is the go-to guy in the media, but doesn't have the level of hostility directed at him of a ddimond or orth. I find his book sneering, judgemental and unsympathetic towards mj, again his music his dismissed and jrt's psychological insights into mj are pitiful - and he is vv ambivalent about jordan - far more so than sullivan.

I'm unaware of a big anti-fan feeling towards jrt when he was bringing out all the different incarnations of his book, but it's these type of books that set the narrative for mj - you can see sullivan relying on him for alot of stuff, and i think more generally on his overall tone of disrespect, in fact sullivan includes more sympathetic voices about mj than i remember jrt doing. It just shows that it's all very well fans taking a lofty view of these things and saying i'm just going to ignore this typeof book, but that means that this narrative of mj is just going to go by on default, like jrt's seems to have done.

Last edited:

please don't buy this kind of books, let's not make these liars rich! we know our sweet Michael:he was a human being, he made mistakes (and we are lucky even here because we can learn from these errors), but he was a good man, a great father and an amazing artist!

la_cienega;3749109 said:
^History is written by the victors.

I'm just glad there's the internet now and so much information freely available, or else Michael's history would be sealed with endless books like this. The fact that his autopsy report can even be lied about though, something so definitive, it makes you realize how utterly easy it is to tell a lie about someone in the public sphere. Definitive proof about something can be right there and the front page of a magazine will tell an entirely different story.

I see the Sullivan friends/family are on the Amazon.co.uk page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Untouchable-Strange-Tragic-Michael-Jackson/dp/1611856035/ref=cm_rdp_product

Basically they did this about the allegations all the time: reported twisted info, lies, when the facts were available...
It just made me realize how manipulated and brainwashed people are by the media. Our focus is on this subject, but I guess it's so in many other areas... You really have to be alert to not to be manipulated.

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
― Malcolm X

^If you go on untouchable's amazon page you get 2 'official' reviews now.

Are they reviewing the same book?? It's clear sullivan and his publishers are in a mess with this book. Are they wanting it to be seen as sympathetic or not? Who did they see as their audience? People who enjoy reading about mj's trainwreck of a life or people wanting a different view of mj?

I think sullivan and his publish are taken back by the savagery of the negative reviews because i personally see this book as very much along the lines of jrt's books. I'm not sure how jrt is seen by folks on here, but he does seem to have supporters in the fan community and is the go-to guy in the media, but doesn't have the level of hostility directed at him of a ddimond or orth. I find his book sneering, judgemental and unsympathetic towards mj, again his music his dismissed and jrt's psychological insights into mj are pitiful - and he is vv ambivalent about jordan - far more so than sullivan.

I'm unaware of a big anti-fan feeling towards jrt when he was bringing out all the different incarnations of his book, but it's these type of books that set the narrative for mj - you can see sullivan relying on him for alot of stuff, and i think more generally on his overall tone of disrespect, in fact sullivan includes more sympathetic voices about mj than i remember jrt doing. It just shows that it's all very well fans taking a lofty view of these things and saying i'm just going to ignore this typeof book, but that means that this narrative of mj is just going to go by on default, like jrt's seems to have done.

I wholeheartedly agree about Taraborelli! It makes me cringe when fans say it's a good book. It's actaully not better than Sullivan's in terms of innuendo about the allegations and Michael's sexuality! But about many other things as well. Taraborelli downplays Michael as a musician as well - just like Sullivan does. So what makes JRT's book so great? That he said MJ and LMP had sex? Great. So because of that he gets a pass on everything else? Like saying things that Michael was obsessed with Jordan? Obviously his source for many Chandler "info" was Evan (which he basically admitted after Evan's death), so how does it make him better than Sullivan whose source for the Chandler "info" was Ray Chandler?

The upsetting thing about JRT to me is, that despite of this, fans keep offering his book as a good book on MJ. Actually the Wikipedia articles about Michael are full of references to JRT's unreliable book and haters actually can claim that this book is supported by fans, so the things written in it must be true as they are not even disputed by fans... Really, I just wish fans would be more aware of how much harm they do by supporting JRT and his book (those who support him) and using him as a "credible" source when he is absolutely NOT!

I also agree that Sullivan's book is a huge marketing blunder. And it's funny to watch that. I really think they miscalculated the current market situation. Halperin could sell his trash right after Michael's death because the general public was buying anything MJ at the time. But three years after Michael's death the post-death hype already died down and most people who would buy MJ books are the hardcore fans. And if the fans aren't buying your MJ book then you are in trouble, because no one else will.

I'm personally tired of "biographies" which reveal more about the author's agenda (JRT, Halperin, Sullivan) than about Michael. I'm tired of books trying to psychoanalyze MJ. I'm tired of books harping on the MJ caricature. I'd be a lot more interested in books taking his music seriously and analyzing his art.

Last edited:

Amen to the above posts!!!! How are sales going now? As long as they are going down, I am happy because it shows many are not contribution to spreading these lies. I hope the UK is not supporting it, and that they are very informed about they time of publication it is.

Ivy did you make a blog after you read this book, or give some sort of review?

I got in argument with a co-worker today over Michael. He only likes a few songs which is fine but then he put him down, calling him weird and then saying how he died over drugs and so on. I tried to tell him about the trial and he wouldn't listen. I know how Miichael died and then he brought up the baby dangling thing and so on. I just lost it today and I am usually a lot calmer. I told him it's trash like this and the tabloids that cause alot of harm. I hope books like these get at the bottom of the barrel. These lies just hurt Michael all the time. It doesn't help him at all. Sorry for my rant.

Sullivan takes from JRT book a lot. So if fans view Sullivan book as trash (and it is) then that makes JRT books trash too. Some fans can't have it both ways!

I never liked JRT he showed his true colors during the 05 trial when he thought MJ would get convicted and congratulated Diane Dimond on all she has done "investigating" MJ. Like WTF? Then JRT revealed after Evan died all the bad things he knew about him. Yet, he kept all that to himself and still does. Why? Because bad news sells and these people who knew MJ was innocent make lots of money making people believe MJ was a Pedo. Trust me when I say these kinds of folks don't give a shit about any children! All they see is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Back