Ray Chandler scared to death to testify in 2005

BTW, on YouTube there were many videos of 1993 case and TV specials (Report - Was Michael Jackson framed? - Today Show) including Evan Chandler´s phone conversations recorded on tape which is the proof of his conspiracy against Michael and how to accuse him of molestation in 1993!

MOST OF THEM WERE DELETED!!!

If any of you can upload or find other similar videos please post it here!!!

PLUS

Last edited:
TBH i think the majiority of people believe MJ was innocent. I think alot of people will say they think hes guilty just because they don't like him for whatever reason, but it doesn't mean they truly believe it.
I agree. If they really did believe it, MJ would not be celebrated in the manner in which he is being given from street corners to schools to churches (man in the mirror is a church favorite). even before death, MJ would not have sold out 50 shows and sold Thriller 25.

Tom Mesereau said if he had been the attorney then he wouldn't have allowed Michael to settle the case. They would have fought it. The insurance did pay the money, but due to the counsel he had at the time, he went with the settlement. The trial would have been bad, especially with the media. Evan would have done his acting job as a concerned father, which we could see then and now that he wasn't that concerned as a father considering the book that was published by Ray Chandler then and how Evan attacked his son later. But it may have not helped Michael then. Mesereau may have been able to win for him had he been his attorney in spite of everything, but the lawyers he had then were not good enough. The media neglect to tell people the settlement did not prevent the Chandler's from testifying in a criminal trial. I think the general public did not trust Johnnie Cochran. He didn't seem to defend Michael very well. The media were like a mad mob out for blood.

this is all true. the people saying MJ did not settle and that the insurance company did are not telling the truth. Yes MJ's lawyer tried to make that argument when Sneddon wanted the settlement brought in as evidence. Messeraue said Mj never wanted to settle, the judge looked at the contract, and said "we have you documented as agreeing to settle. it comes in."

the jury wasn't allowed to know how much Mj settled for, but they were allowed to know that MJ chose to settle that case. and in the closing arguments Mj's lawyer explained why MJ had good reasons to settle and that MJ had gotten bad advice.

But at the end of the day it was MJ's decision. as some pointed out his insurance company said "we want you to settle" but it was still MJ's decision. People claiming otherwise are not being truthful.

Mj's lawyer explained why MJ had good reasons to settle and that MJ had gotten bad advice.
some of those good reasons were that his Insurance Carrier had been brought to the table because of the "negligence" word, MJ settled under protest.

MJ himself said "I reluctantly chose to settle"

BTW, on YouTube there were many videos of 1993 case and TV specials (Report - Was Michael Jackson framed? - Today Show) including Evan Chandler´s phone conversations recorded on tape which is the proof of his conspiracy against Michael and how to accuse him of molestation in 1993!

MOST OF THEM WERE DELETED!!!

Yeah, where is TSCMs video of the trial??? TSCM had a video on youtube about the trial.. I loved that video.. then i tried to find it after MJ passed but it was deleted..

The question I have is why a judge would even decide to allow a civil suit to proceed before a criminal indictment is handed down and before Michael knew whether he was even going to be charged with criminal wrong doing.

You could do it back then in early 90's... but since then, the laws changed regarding molestation-crimes and thats the reason WHY for instance the Arvizos HAD to go to a criminal trial before they could even think about suing MJ in a civil trial. The Arvizos needed a GUILTY verdict in the criminal trial in order to be able to cash in on a civil trial. Unfortunately, thats not how the law was in the first case in early 90s.

Last edited:
this is all true. the people saying MJ did not settle and that the insurance company did are not telling the truth. Yes MJ's lawyer tried to make that argument when Sneddon wanted the settlement brought in as evidence. Messeraue said Mj never wanted to settle, the judge looked at the contract, and said "we have you documented as agreeing to settle. it comes in."

the jury wasn't allowed to know how much Mj settled for, but they were allowed to know that MJ chose to settle that case. and in the closing arguments Mj's lawyer explained why MJ had good reasons to settle and that MJ had gotten bad advice.

But at the end of the day it was MJ's decision. as some pointed out his insurance company said "we want you to settle" but it was still MJ's decision. People claiming otherwise are not being truthful.

Huh? lol We already said MJ signed the settlement! Then he handed it over to his insurance company to pay the chandlers and that's where he had no control over as to how that would be done! That can still be done under protest, why? Because MJ didn't want to give them anything obviously, not from his pocket! When negligence was used in the lawsuit his Insurance Carrier decided that it was best to settle weather he really wanted to or not!

Because if MJ didn't settle then that would have meant a civil trial and the double jeopardy of him being tried for the same case twice if it would have also gone to criminal trial! And like I said Sneddon was gonna be aloud to get all the info the defense had in the civil case for his criminal case against MJ which is unfair! So that's what MJ was really avoiding!

Because the out of court settlement did not stop the criminal case from going forward! Plus Jordan was interviewed after the settlement by detectives and as a result of that interview no charges were filed! Plus the the statue of limitation didn't run out until 1999 for the 93 case! So they just wanted the money obviously!

So Remember MJ fought that civil lawsuit so it wouldn't interfere with the criminal case and that failed! The chandlers were the ones suing him for money! They later change that civil lawsuit to just negligence and drop any molestation allegations so they would be guaranteed money if MJ decided to settle and give it to an insurance company! Evan Chandler knew what he was doing!

So please stop making it look that simple like MJ was like here some money and that's it! At least explain why in detail as to the reason a settlement was reached at the end! GEEZ!

And for your FYI when the jurors were asked on Larry king about the settlement they shrugged and said "So there was a settlement." So Obviously the settlement didn't affect their decision to acquit MJ so making it a big deal was really no need! lol

Last edited:
There's the audio recording of Evan Chandler on the phone where he talks about finding the biggest son of a bitch lawyer and totally ruin MJ's career. When asked what about his son, he says he doesn't care at all for that.

If people actually see that and still say....nah, MJ was guilty...nothing else will change their stupid mind, i say F them! I am done with trying to convince people.

You could do it back then in early 90's... but since then, the laws changed regarding molestation-crimes and thats the reason WHY for instance the Arvizos HAD to go to a criminal trial before they could even think about suing MJ in a civil trial. The Arvizos needed a GUILTY verdict in the criminal trial in order to be able to cash in on a civil trial. Unfortunately, thats not how the law was in the first case in early 90s.

great info, thanks!

The question I have is why a judge would even decide to allow a civil suit to proceed before a criminal indictment is handed down and before Michael knew whether he was even going to be charged with criminal wrong doing. It is half-ass backward. All of Michael's civil trial testimony could have been used against him had there been a criminal trial. The thing that ticks me off is that it all got thrown back in his face at every turn, knowing he signed a confidentiality agreement and couldn't speak in detail of it, but those who interviewed him brought it up every single time and they knew he couldn't say.

Does anyone have a link to any documents that show MJ contesting the civil suit proceeding before the criminal charges? I'm not denying it as fact, but I would love to see [as above user posted] why the judge set aside the matter.

Also, what is the exact timeline of events from when the objections to the civil proceedings took place and when the final agreement was signed [and anything relevant in between]?

some of those good reasons were that his Insurance Carrier had been brought to the table because of the "negligence" word, MJ settled under protest.

MJ himself said "I reluctantly chose to settle"

of course it was reluctantly. I'm not denying that. People are saying he did not choose to settle. That is a completely different statement.

Huh? lol We already said MJ signed the settlement! Then he handed it over to his insurance company to pay the chandlers and that's where he had no control over as to how that would be done! That can still be done under protest, why? Because MJ didn't want to give them anything obviously, not from his pocket! When negligence was used in the lawsuit his Insurance Carrier decided that it was best to settle weather he really wanted to or not!

Because if MJ didn't settle then that would have meant a civil trial and the double jeopardy of him being tried for the same case twice if it would have also gone to criminal trial! And like I said Sneddon was gonna be aloud to get all the info the defense had in the civil case for his criminal case against MJ which is unfair! So that's what MJ was really avoiding!

Because the out of court settlement did not stop the criminal case from going forward! Plus Jordan was interviewed after the settlement by detectives and as a result of that interview no charges were filed! Plus the the statue of limitation didn't run out until 1999 for the 93 case! So they just wanted the money obviously!

So Remember MJ fought that civil lawsuit so it wouldn't interfere with the criminal case and that failed! The chandlers were the ones suing him for money! They later change that civil lawsuit to just negligence and drop any molestation allegations so they would be guaranteed money if MJ decided to settle and give it to an insurance company! Evan Chandler knew what he was doing!

So please stop making it look that simple like MJ was like here some money and that's it! At least explain why in detail as to the reason a settlement was reached at the end! GEEZ!

And for your FYI when the jurors were asked on Larry king about the settlement they shrugged and said "So there was a settlement." So Obviously the settlement didn't affect their decision to acquit MJ so making it a big deal was really no need! lol

So please stop making it look like MJ didn't settle. You admit here he settled which is what I'm saying. If your going to argue with somebody then argue with the people claiming he didn't settle. You admitted he settled so why are you arguing with me and not the people claiming otherwise?

People here are trying to spread rumours that Michael Jackson did not choose to settle. That's not right. These people doing this amount to nothing more than a bunch of tabloid junkies and liars.

If you agree he chose to settle then why are you arguing with me? It's like you agree with me, but you want to argue anyways.

So please stop making it look like MJ didn't settle. You admit here he settled which is what I'm saying. If your going to argue with somebody then argue with the people claiming he didn't settle. You admitted he settled so why are you arguing with me and not the people claiming otherwise?

People here are trying to spread rumours that Michael Jackson did not choose to settle. That's not right. These people doing this amount to nothing more than a bunch of tabloid junkies and liars.

If you agree he chose to settle then why are you arguing with me? It's like you agree with me, but you want to argue anyways.

Yes, I am agreeing with you that he settled!

But, what I am arguing about is that it wasn't as simple as you made it! He just didn't settle just to settle! There were challenges in his way with the justice system so in the end he felt he had no choice! I explained the reasons why in earlier posts!

That's what I am arguing about with you since you can't/didn't knowledge that fact and still haven't!! You just keep on saying he settled without the reasons behind why he did and that his insurance paid the settlement!

And that can make some think he just gave them money from his own pocket and just wanted to get rid of the problem fast! Which is fine if it were true cause I'm sure someone in a similar situation would and could have done the same.

But, that wasn't the case here cause in reality he never wanted to give them crap! He fought and faced a lot of legal challenges that didn't go his way and the result was him having to settle in the end and letting his insurance company pay the settlement! Which needs to be pointed out cause half ass information is unfair for MJ after so many yrs of the media manipulation and lies!

And this goes not just to you but, for anyone here that didn't know! This is a discussion board and other will read it, even if I quote you or anyone else!

Last edited:

Before you call others tabloid junkies and liars: Not mentioning the circumstances of WHY he settled and what else contributed to the settlement is also lying then. Telling half-truths is exactly the method the tabloid media is often operating with.

Before you call others tabloid junkies and liars: Not mentioning the circumstances of WHY he settled and what else contributed to the settlement is also lying then. Telling half-truths is exactly the method the tabloid media is often operating with.

Co-Sign! That's exactly what I been arguing about all this time!

Another thing that annoyed me during the trial was all of the stand up ''comedians'', late night talk show hosts and TV skits like MadTV taking cheap shots at Michael. It's people like that who also brainwashed people into thinking that Michael was guilty.

Those people were bullying Michael through ''comedy''. They'd insult him with the safety net of ''Hey can't you take a joke?''

Another thing that annoyed me during the trial was all of the stand up ''comedians'', late night talk show hosts and TV skits like MadTV taking cheap shots at Michael. It's people like that who also brainwashed people into thinking that Michael was guilty.

Those people were bullying Michael through ''comedy''. They'd insult him with the safety net of ''Hey can't you take a joke?''

Thats what i hated most too bout that time :angry:
And the worst part is, they still make fun bout the trial Grrr

Does anyone have a link to any documents that show MJ contesting the civil suit proceeding before the criminal charges? I'm not denying it as fact, but I would love to see [as above user posted] why the judge set aside the matter.

Also, what is the exact timeline of events from when the objections to the civil proceedings took place and when the final agreement was signed [and anything relevant in between]?
Here's an article discussing the motion that allowed the civil suit to begin before the criminal investigation was over,
http://www.variety.com/article/VR116092.html?categoryid=18&cs=1
Larry Feldman, attorney for the 13-year-old boy, told the court that it could delay the civil case if the criminal case went forward. “I don’t know if there is even going to be an indictment,” Feldman said. “It may be an open file for six years.” Feldman said his client would be pleased with Tuesday’s courtroom developments. “This is the first good news he’s had,” he said. Superior Court judge David M. Rothman denied Fields’ motion to delay the civil proceedings until the criminal investigation involving Jackson had been completed, and set March 21, 1994, as the trial start date.

That's really messed up, cause it was one of the big reasons why MJ decided to settle, right? If that criminal trial had come up first, there probably would have never been anything else...sigh.

And that can make some think he just gave them money from his own pocket and just wanted to get rid of the problem fast! Which is fine if it were true cause I'm sure someone in a similar situation would and could have done the same.

But, that wasn't the case here cause in reality he never wanted to give them crap!

That's exactly what happened. MMichael Jackson did give them money from his own pocket to get rid of the problem fast. He did not want a humiliating drawn out publicized civil trial. This is his side of the story, not just mine. Your trying to spin what happened to make it seem like MIchael had no choice.

He did have a choice. fight it in the courtroom or settle. He chose to settle. That's what happened. He even settled with the other kid before they even filed a lawsuit. And people are accusing me of telling half truths.

Look at 2:07 MIchael explains why he wanted to settle. No mention of insurance companies or anything. They even ask him how much HE paid. He couldn't give the number. He said the amount HE paid is not what the tabloids are saying it is, but still no mention of the insurance company. He expalins why he chose to settle. The reasons he has given are exactly what I am saying they are.

who is telling the truth? Michael Jackson or you guys spreading rumours making it sound like he had no choice? He said he was scared and his lawyers said there was no way to predict what would happen and it could go on for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbwLmOdE8ec

This along with the settlement documents should be enough to clear this up for people and stop the rumours.

Last edited:

I did tell that side of the story. Watch the video link I posted. Mj also tells the exact same circumstances I stated. It is nothing like what you guys are claiming. It was not his insurance company that settled.

I did tell that side of the story. Watch the video link I posted. Mj also tells the exact same circumstances I stated. It is nothing like what you guys are claiming. It was not his insurance company that settled.

do you know the difference between a Civil Trial and a Criminal Trial?

Regardless of who paid for the settlement, it was the RIGHT thing to do. With celebrity trials the only winner is the media. The hell MEL GIBSON is enduring right now pales in comparision to MJ. And don't you agree it would be in the best interest of MEL GIBSON to make his situation disappear.???

i think the best way for the truth to get out there is to post it on different entertainment websites or facebook topics that is not really mj related b/c fans already know the truth behind the media lies but many rely on media as the truth but if we random these positve article such as this or tweet articles that exposing the myth the media created about mj and lots of people do their own research that way too

That's exactly what happened. MMichael Jackson did give them money from his own pocket to get rid of the problem fast. He did not want a humiliating drawn out publicized civil trial. This is his side of the story, not just mine. Your trying to spin what happened to make it seem like MIchael had no choice.

He did have a choice. fight it in the courtroom or settle. He chose to settle. That's what happened. He even settled with the other kid before they even filed a lawsuit. And people are accusing me of telling half truths.

Look at 2:07 MIchael explains why he wanted to settle. No mention of insurance companies or anything. They even ask him how much HE paid. He couldn't give the number. He said the amount HE paid is not what the tabloids are saying it is, but still no mention of the insurance company. He expalins why he chose to settle. The reasons he has given are exactly what I am saying they are.

who is telling the truth? Michael Jackson or you guys spreading rumours making it sound like he had no choice? He said he was scared and his lawyers said there was no way to predict what would happen and it could go on for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbwLmOdE8ec

This along with the settlement documents should be enough to clear this up for people and stop the rumours.

WOW! You are really something else! Michael Jackson signed the settlement then gave it to his insurance company to pay the settlement to the chandlers! IN WHAT LANGUAGE DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU!?

IT'S IN THE LEGAL DOCUMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED ON THIS THREAD! Again LEGAL DOCUMENTS for all to read! So what more do you want!? Michael don't mention it in interviews...and?

That doesn't take away that it's in LEGAL DOCUMENTS! LMAO

So stop wasting my time! You need to learn the law and how insurance companies are involved in settlements when people sue for negligence! Even though the name of the company doesn't appear because they aren't the ones being sued! Then you can get back to me! lol

MJ wasn't allowed to give specifics of the case legally! So him pointing at himself was the safest thing he thought he can do and yet it proved a bad thing! Because Evan used that as an excuse to try and sue him again! So look at that even Evan didn't take that as MJ taking full responsibility! MJ could have said much more if he was legally allowed too! LOL Even Martin Bashir had to edited out MJ talking MUCH more about the 93 case because it would be illegal of MJ to had that aired! Lucky for bashit it help him spin more!

And as you know but, want to ignore anyways, T-Mez already proved that it was MJ Insurance that paid the settlement and Judge Melville agreed to that! So case closed! Even in the 94 settlement there is language of a insurance company gonna be used to pay the settlement!

Plus, the news of MJ insurance company paying the settlement should not come as a surprise it's has been reported since the 90's as well as during the 05 trial! It's just some choose to keep on denying that it's the truth! Shame on them!

FYI Jason Francia mother was gonna be part of the civil case against MJ! The civil case that MJ fought to not let it go first before a criminal trial but was denied by the judge!

Which was the reason for the settlement out of court after the chandlers changed the allegations to just negligence! So if he gonna settle with the chandlers then why not settle with the Francia's in the same way? The Francia's were all apart of the same B.S and only came a knocking after they heard a civil case was gonna happen $$$$$$$$ not a criminal case!

Last edited:
WOW! You are really something else! Michael Jackson signed the settlement then gave it to his insurance company to pay the settlement to the chandlers! IN WHAT LANGUAGE DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU!?

IT'S IN THE LEGAL DOCUMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED ON THIS THREAD! Again LEGAL DOCUMENTS for all to read! So what more do you want!? Michael don't mention it in interviews...and?

That doesn't take away that it's in LEGAL DOCUMENTS! LMAO

So stop wasting my time! You need to learn the law and how insurance companies are involved in settlements when people sue for negligence! Even though the name of the company doesn't appear because they aren't the ones being sued! Then you can get back to me! lol

MJ wasn't allowed to give specifics of the case legally! So him pointing at himself was the safest thing he thought he can do and yet it proved a bad thing! Because Evan used that as an excuse to try and sue him again! So look at that even Evan didn't take that as MJ taking full responsibility! MJ could have said much more if he was legally allowed too! LOL Even Martin Bashir had to edited out MJ talking MUCH more about the 93 case because it would be illegal of MJ to had that aired! Lucky for bashit it help him spin more!

And as you know but, want to ignore anyways, T-Mez already proved that it was MJ Insurance that paid the settlement and Judge Melville agreed to that! So case closed! Even in the 94 settlement there is language of a insurance company gonna be used to pay the settlement!

Plus, the news of MJ insurance company paying the settlement should not come as a surprise it's has been reported since the 90's as well as during the 05 trial! It's just some choose to keep on denying that it's the truth! Shame on them!

FYI Jason Francia mother was gonna be part of the civil case against MJ! The civil case that MJ fought to not let it go first before a criminal trial but was denied by the judge!

Which was the reason for the settlement out of court after the chandlers changed the allegations to just negligence! So if he gonna settle with the chandlers then why not settle with the Francia's in the same way? The Francia's were all apart of the same B.S and only came a knocking after they heard a civil case was gonna happen $$$$$$$$ not a criminal case!

Exactly. Dancemasterman hangs on MJ interviews in the media while completely ignores official, LEGAL, court documents just because that doesn't fit his/her agenda. And he/she says he/she doesn't tell half-truths and even arrogant and rude enough to accuse others of lying, being tabloid junkies and what not. LOL.

Try the truth language.

Exactly. Dancemasterman hangs on MJ interviews in the media while completely ignores official, LEGAL, court documents just because that doesn't fit his/her agenda. And he/she says he/she doesn't tell half-truths and even arrogant and rude enough to accuse others of lying, being tabloid junkies and what not. LOL.
sorry man but I prefer reality over fantasty when voicing an opinion. You guys are acting like spin doctors.

Why not just tell the truth. Michael wanted to move on with his life and focus on his career instead of focusing on a civil trial that could last years and distract the world from his music.

Anything else makes it looks like you will say anything in the world, true or false, so long as it paints a prettier picture of MJ.

Back