Reason for no new release news or Dangerous 25

Well, in that case Aazzaabb I've been a fan longer than you all have! :) DuranDuran, that's not the only reason to do "Dangerous 25". Kind of proves one point of mine that some of you do not know what you are talking about...

Re: Dangerous

Is thirty years supposed to be a long time? :) Well, in that case Aazzaabb I've been a fan longer than you all have! :) DuranDuran, that's not the only reason to do "Dangerous 25". Kind of proves one point of mine that some of you do not know what you are talking about...are you all twelve?

Last edited:
I'm done with your rudeness at this point, but when you either learn to read or buy yourself a pair of glasses with very thick lenses you'll be able to see that I said "30plus years!" That means for more than 30 years. There's also fans of 40plus years on here. I'm not sure if your aware of this, but being born at a certain time in history tends to factor in to it! And by the way, it's not a competition! My point was in relation to the way you've been talking down to people as if we are all newbees who were born yesterday.

Most of the people you are talking to have been lifelong fans and you know nothing about the extent of our fandom. Frankly your tone is insulting, you made snide remarks like "people who can't afford an item for over 20 dollars" how dare you make such a callous remark! If there are fans who can't afford an item for over 20 dollars it dose not isolate them from being a fan. You do not insult people's personal situation to boost your own materialistic ego. I'm not sure if you understand what being a fan actually is. And you accused people of "stealing MJ's music" also? Please get your act together and stop being so arrogant and rude to people. For some reason you've come here on the over-defensive as if your being attacked.

Perhaps it's time you looked at your own behaviour and learned to treat people equally and with respect.

I do not usually speak to others in this tone and I do not wish to continue doing so. Respect is a two-way street.

Last edited by a moderator:
used

Well, in that case Aazzaabb I've been a fan longer than you all have! :) DuranDuran, that's not the only reason to do "Dangerous 25". Kind of proves one point of mine that some of you do not know what you are talking about...
You have no point. You want a re-release of an album that's already in print and has already had a "special edition". Now most of Jermaine's Motown albums are out of print and have never been on CD, except maybe 2, and 1 of them was only in Japan. Those should have a re-release more than Dangerous, an album that's readily available and I always see lots of copies of it in used record stores for cheap. I just checked Amazon, and they have copies even cheaper than the ones in the stores, as low as 35 cents. If somebody wants it, they can buy a used copy for less money than a new copy of the one that's actually in print. An album being a popular seller hinders sales of a re-release (because of the availability of many used copies) way more than one of a lesser seller or rare album, because in a lot of cases the albums have never been on CD or not available as downloads. If a used copy is on sale, they're on formats that most people today don't use like reel-to-reel, cassettes, 8 tracks, records, etc. So they're more likely to sell on a CD re-release, even if it's not that much. A lot of the younger generation don't buy CDs anyway and I've heard car makers are going to discontinue putting CD players in their cars.

Sooo, is anything I am saying or asking true?

Im not really one for attacking anyone but would any of the staff really complain if I called you a bit of an antagonistic clown? Possibly.

In a short period of time (that I've noticed your posts) you've painted yourself as an antagonistic and dis-likable person.

But you've been a fan for longer than any of us, so it's all OK.

I think we are seeing certain jealous people who can't afford more than a twenty dollar item and therefore become resentful to those who can and think everything should bend to their will. Ooops. Did I just hit the nail on the head?

Jesus Christ.... Only saw this cracker now.

Yeah, I'm actually never responding to a post of yours after that comment. You aren't worth the energy in anyone's fingers.

Im not really one for attacking anyone but would any of the staff really complain if I called you a bit of an antagonistic clown? Possibly.

Well I was gonna call him a **** so you're better than me!

Last post for me that involves him. Easiest way.

NONE of which prevents any types of releases from being done. You all don't seem to know and understand how reality works. If someone has more success in particular financially then more opportunities exist for certain outcomes, products, and services. We are talking about the world's best selling recording artist. There is no reason "Dangerous 25" cannot and should not happen. The end and amen.

I understand what you're saying, but I highly doubt Dangerous 25 is going to happen at this point regardless of how much some of us may want it to happen LOL.
I'm not mad though I still have OTW, Thriller, Bad, etc to listen to, so I'm good. :yes:

I don't see Dangerous 25 happening but I would be happy if it did. A new concert would be great.

D25 or any release... I am just ready for some new music!

I just checked Amazon, and they have copies even cheaper than the ones in the stores, as low as 35 cents. If somebody wants it, they can buy a used copy for less money than a new copy of the one that's actually in print. An album being a popular seller hinders sales of a re-release (because of the availability of many used copies) way more than one of a lesser seller or rare album, because in a lot of cases the albums have never been on CD or not available as downloads. If a used copy is on sale, they're on formats that most people today don't use like reel-to-reel, cassettes, 8 tracks, records, etc. So they're more likely to sell on a CD re-release, even if it's not that much. A lot of the younger generation don't buy CDs anyway and I've heard car makers are going to discontinue putting CD players in their cars.
Only reason I bought the Special Editions is because I was given a good CD player. (Brother got tired of me not having one).

Off topic but They're taking them out of cars? I haven't graduated to that yet. I still play my cassettes and I've never had such great speakers as my car.

^ Yesssss.. I actually noticed this when getting a rent a car to go to Los Angeles... the car was newer than mine and it had no CD player... Had all the jacks needed to stream music but no freaking CD player... I felt like I was in the twilight zone, like I'm so confused am I in a world PRE CD player (which I remember) or POST CD player in the car... Have I lived through the CD era already? I'm only 31 lol......

Only reason I bought the Special Editions is because I was given a good CD player. (Brother got tired of me not having one).

Off topic but They're taking them out of cars? I haven't graduated to that yet. I still play my cassettes and I've never had such great speakers as my car.

^ Yesssss.. I actually noticed this when getting a rent a car to go to Los Angeles... the car was newer than mine and it had no CD player... Had all the jacks needed to stream music but no freaking CD player... I felt like I was in the twilight zone, like I'm so confused am I in a world PRE CD player (which I remember) or POST CD player in the car... Have I lived through the CD era already? I'm only 31 lol......

Looks like y'all need to invest in an AUX cord, LOL.

No CD player in a car?? That's... odd to even think about!

I'm one of the few who genuinely enjoys buying physical CDs. I love skimming through the album booklets, reading the lyrics (when they are given), seeing if anyone interesting contributed to the production or the songwriting.

You just made me feel so much better. I'd hate the day tho where you couldn't have something to hold in your hand and read the lyrics, credits and notes in a book. Happiest of times when buying a new record.

You just made me feel so much better. I'd hate the day tho where you couldn't have something to hold in your hand and read the lyrics, credits and notes in a book. Happiest of times when buying a new record.

Snap-ive recently started listening to Vinyl. Brings me back to when i listened to tapes and cds as a kid. Theres no experience with digital! I starved myself of proper music time for years!

Looks like y'all need to invest in an AUX cord, LOL.

Lot of the newer cars won't even give you that option, you can only connect with bluetooth. I've got no problem with being digital, I dumped CDs years ago. But not even being able to plug in the aux cord is too much, and the bluetooth audio quality is inferior anyway

Mod note warning this thread will be watch be kind to one another.

CDs

I bought those too. I didn't understand why there were Quincy Jones interviews. I've bought other reissues and deluxe CDs and none had interviews. They either were the album as it originally was, 2 albums on 1 CD, or had bonus tracks. Some had previously unreleased songs recorded during the same sessions, single versions, remixes, demos, or non-album B-sides. If they wanted to fill up space, they could have put on the full version of Carousel instead of a short snippet, Starlight Sun, or the long version of Lady In My Life, or even the instrumental version of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' that was on the 45.

The thing about car CD players was something I saw on TV about a year or 2 ago. It said people now wanted a place to plug in their Ipod, USB stick, or whatever else is used to store music on. They also wanted a car stereo that allows them to have satellite radio service instead of just regular free radio. I know someone who buys a CD, uploads it to the computer then return the CD for credit towards another purchase. CDs still have sales, but it must not be enough for people who wants it in a car. I guess people can still request a CD player to be factory installed, but it's not going to be there as default. My mom bought a new car in the 2000s, but she asked for a cassette player to be installed, because she never bought CDs and buys cassettes to this day. Cassettes and even 8 track tapes are still being produced today, but they sell to a niche audience, not really the general public. Some record stores today have both Record Store Day and Cassette Store Day. I don't think anyone makes 8 track players/recorders though, although there is a joke video posted April 1, 2014, for an audiophile 8 track player. It wasn't really sold, but I wonder if it works, as it is a real thing that was made for the video. :D

A lot of new cars utilize Radio, AUX, Bluetooth or USB for music now. Not sure about CD but given the wide prevalence of music being stored on smartphones nowadays, it's not surprising that they're dropping CDs. I've noticed a lot of my friends just download music off Spotify/Apple Music and play from that in their cars too.

AUX is still extremely prevalent (the few people I know who've bought brand new cars of varying prices over the past year, all have AUX), and with Bluetooth, it's quality has been improving recently too; most people won't be able to tell the difference. I don't think a car is a perfect listening environment either, given if you're the driver you should be focusing on the road anyway, but even then you have so many other noises interfering.

Doesnt mean you have to stop buying CDs of course, since you can just rip them (although computers are coming with them less often, you can buy external players though).

Last edited:
No CD player in a car?? That's... odd to even think about!

I'm one of the few who genuinely enjoys buying physical CDs. I love skimming through the album booklets, reading the lyrics (when they are given), seeing if anyone interesting contributed to the production or the songwriting.

I always buy a physical copy of something if I can. If something I want is only available digitally then obviously I will buy it but I try to buy physical when I can. Streaming services aren't very high quality either so I always like having the CD to rip the lossless files from, also the album booklet and art as you said.

The only physical stuff I care to own is Michaels.. who knows maybe in 5 years all CD's will be considered "collectables" or "Special edition" because it comes with...

A BOOKLET with lyrics and picture/art... lol!

Than the convos will be "I'm a bigger fan of ________ because I got the special edition version...you know the CD"

Back