Registration on Staplescenter.com JUST FOR FANS IN THE USA !!!

cant you jut give your hotel room address as that will have a Zip code right? or a friends or fellow mjjc's address who wont be going?

Only Michael...

Jackson ticket site gets half billion hits: official

24 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — The website set up to process applications for tickets to Michael Jackson's memorial service received more than half a billion hits in less than two hours, officials said Friday.
A statement released by representatives for the Jackson family said an additional server had been added to the website -- www.staplescenter.com -- to cope with the volume of traffic.
"As of 11:30 this morning, www.staplescenter.com has received over 500,000,000 hits," the statement said.
The website crashed within minutes of officials announcing plans to hold an online lottery for 17,500 free tickets to watch Tuesday's service at the Staples Center and a neighboring venue in downtown Los Angeles.
Jackson, 50, died on June 25 after suffering an apparent cardiac arrest, sparking a worldwide outpouring of tributes.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g6b7zfZEBd9Lfwo6sR32l3MqeEkA
This is exactly why it has to be televised worldwide and why there is no way they could allow people to just show up. The crowd will be massive.

Simulcast is the only way to go with a memorial for the most famous man in the world.

In my opinion, they are handling it in the best way humanly possible.

I am spending my life savings just to go there. My aunt died yesterday and her funeral is on Tuesday and as much as I cared for her - have to go to the MJ memorial.

It's a done deal now. No sense of whining who was able to or who wasn't. We fans were cheated out these tickets, while outsiders were able to obtain them right there at the staduim. Now they're selling for crazy prices on craigslist and e-bay.

I just cancelled my motel room and I had a long cry. I'll just sit at home like most of you and watch.

The Staples Center did the best they could but...still this roller coaster ride was one stressful one ....

Back