Registration on Staplescenter.com JUST FOR FANS IN THE USA !!!

I thought thay said that the people who have been successful in getting a ticket will be told by email on Sunday and have to collect their ticket and wrist band on Monday. How feasible is it for someone outside of the US to do that I wonder? Maybe that's why they said US only.

yes you're right, I think that's why too. But there's still hope since the successfull emails will be sent on sunday after 11 am (US time). There will be time to get to L.A early monday or something, thanks to the time difference with Europe.

They've made it difficult deliberately, announcing the info late so that its difficult for those abroad to come. Doesnt matter though. lol airlines are gonna have a field day!

It's such a shame that not even a tenth of all us fans can go :( But seriously, no one and nothing could cope with the amount of fans wanting to go. It's not FAIR.. But we have worldwide footage. If EVERYBODY went, there would be so many disappointed people not being able to see/hear, all the police about and the bodyguards and things :(

theyve made it difficult for everyone. i guess mj was just a annoyance to them. i hope theres some real memorial for fans to attend later.

There is no way i can go but i was wondering something. How are fans outside the US gonna do it if they win tickets.. I mean as far as i heard in the press conference about it you can sign up till tomorrow and then you know if you win a ticket a sunday. You get a code then for ticketmaster i believe to get those tickets and pick them up on monday. Is there even enough time then to fly there if you have a ticket? I mean the US isn't around the corner (well not for me). Or do you all book flights in advance?

Omg. 500,000, 000 already registered?! Like I said I KNEW I had NO chance trying to get in the memorial! Dang. o_o

wow thats alot of people I wish everyone could be there :(

I think this has all been deliberately planned to be difficult. By asking people to apply online, you immediately have all those fans in LA now, at Neverland, Encino etc away from the computer making a scramble to an internet cafe to apply.

They clearly want people to stay and watch indoors yet the more I think about it, the more I hope they place is beseiged!

There is no way i can go but i was wondering something. How are fans outside the US gonna do it if they win tickets.. I mean as far as i heard in the press conference about it you can sign up till tomorrow and then you know if you win a ticket a sunday. You get a code then for ticketmaster i believe to get those tickets and pick them up on monday. Is there even enough time then to fly there if you have a ticket? I mean the US isn't around the corner (well not for me). Or do you all book flights in advance?

it would be vertually impossible u would have to get an email saying u have a ticket straight away on sunday and basically book a ticket straight away and go a couple of hours later

Only Michael...

Jackson ticket site gets half billion hits: official

24 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — The website set up to process applications for tickets to Michael Jackson's memorial service received more than half a billion hits in less than two hours, officials said Friday.
A statement released by representatives for the Jackson family said an additional server had been added to the website -- www.staplescenter.com -- to cope with the volume of traffic.
"As of 11:30 this morning, www.staplescenter.com has received over 500,000,000 hits," the statement said.
The website crashed within minutes of officials announcing plans to hold an online lottery for 17,500 free tickets to watch Tuesday's service at the Staples Center and a neighboring venue in downtown Los Angeles.
Jackson, 50, died on June 25 after suffering an apparent cardiac arrest, sparking a worldwide outpouring of tributes.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g6b7zfZEBd9Lfwo6sR32l3MqeEkA

i think i am becoming so tired with everything the last few days

its in the U.S sadly they cannot please the world so everyone needs to respect the decision.

it is only important that MJ is laid to rest ... nothing else

This is why I was a little annoyed with the Jackson's choice for his memorial at the Staples center! (500 MILLION hits already for tickets to his memorial!) I knew millions of people would want to be there! Its MICHAEL JACKSON! You do NOT go and have his memorial in a 20,000 arena! I'm annoyed. Why should fans be asked NOT to come and mourn? Everyone who loved him should have that right.

I cannot believe what I heard on the news that if you don't have a ticket don't bother coming!
I'm sorry but that is unfair, Michael would not have been happy! Every person deserves an equal chance as the next fan to be there. They should of put big screens up OUTSIDE to allow millions of fans to gather on the streets surrounding the Staples Center!!!!

Ive never heard of anything so silly... Out of ALL the arena's, the smallest one for the biggest star in history?

Well, I registered and I won't bother coming if I don't get a ticket for the Memorial only. Why? It is going to be pure chaos down there. People everywhere. And they will show up whether they get a ticket or not. They don't care what the cops are saying.

You guys really do need to calm down a bit. You should know by now that the largest arena available wouldn't be large enough for him, given that it would even be made available for him. This family has had to endure a sudden death, crazy worldwide coverage, as well as plan a ceremony fit for a king in a very short period of time. We are not talking about a head of state where there are certain protocols and massive amounts of resources available to do what one wants at the drop of a hat. I think these folk are doing the very best they can under the worst possible circumstances.

Please do try to be a bit understanding.

I am sorry but i heard on cnn that they said the website got 500million hits in the first half hour!

Well, I registered and I won't bother coming if I don't get a ticket for the Memorial only. Why? It is going to be pure chaos down there. People everywhere. And they will show up whether they get a ticket or not. They don't care what the cops are saying.

And people need to understand that this is LA, as in LAPD. While they are generally being cooperative by the order of the Governor, this is the same crew whose DA seated a grand jury against the man back in the 1990's. This is the town of Rodney King, OJ Simpson and the South Central Riots.

The cops are going to be on edge, so if folk go there without a ticket, just be mindful of the history here.

500 million hits! i am a tech guy and my god that is a ton i mean come on! 500million!!!

I cannot believe what I heard on the news that if you don't have a ticket don't bother coming!

It might possibly be more for our benefit. If they are going to do what they say and we rock up, then we're there and we can't see anything, we're just on the streets. I think that might be worse, to be so close but so far away.

Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service
Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 10:00 a.m.
STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, California

The Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service will take place on Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at STAPLES Center in downtown Los Angeles, California and simulcast inside to Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE across the street. A limited number of free tickets to both venues will be made available for Michael Jackson's fans to attend.

Due to the expected overwhelming demand, the following procedures have been set to accommodate registration for the tickets. Please note that by registering for tickets to attend the Public Memorial Service, it does NOT guarantee the registrant tickets.

The opportunity to register for tickets begins at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday, July 3, 2009 and ends at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Saturday, July 4, 2009.

Please enter your information below for your chance to receive two tickets, that will be randomly distributed for either STAPLES Center or Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE to attend the Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service. Only one entry per individual will be accepted. Registering to attend the Public Memorial Service is NOT a guarantee of tickets. Two tickets will be issued to each randomly selected attendee.

^^

It appears the wording has changed - it no longer says US residents only..... maybe they thought it over and had so many complaints?

hey did you get an email confirming your registration or did u just get the webpage? im worried mine didnt go through considering the traffic...

that's why even 50 concerts arent enough. even if he signed for 200 or more concerts - it still would not be enough. because people need him. a memorial service is certaily only for a very small amount of people.

well at least us fans didnt have concerts for such a long time. may be it makes things even somehow .. sorry if i dont make sense

many people are already enroute or there already ... nothing is stopping any of you from simply lining the streets outside both theaters, if they both fill up.

either you desire to be there or it is not something you wish to hassle around with.

Back