Robin Williams as "Genie" impersonates MJ!

CrazyVegasMJ

Proud Member
Purchased the new Aladdin bluray that was just released in the US a few days ago. There's a bonus feature included called "Genie Outtakes," where the original animator of the Genie has taken some alternate voice takes that Robin Williams did for Genie (that didn't make it into the final film) and drew storyboards to give the viewer an idea of what some different "takes" would've been like had they been included in the movie.

There's a very brief part where a Robin, as Genie, does an impersonation of MJ.. Would've been awesome if this were included in the actual Aladdin movie, and Mike would've loved it too!

https://twitter.com/deeemaych/status/654878200820985856

Follow me on Twitter also!

Purchased the new Aladdin bluray that was just released in the US a few days ago. There's a bonus feature included called "Genie Outtakes," where the original animator of the Genie has taken some alternate voice takes that Robin Williams did for Genie

Didn't Robin Williams join the mob which slandered MJ left and right in the US?
I heard it somewhere.
If so then f..k him.

I heard it somewhere.
If so then f..k him.
True, but this is one of those people that I try to separate the before and after. That scene where the animators matched his improv so amazingly well is quite wonderful. Sorry the outtakes didn't make it to the final.

Robin Williams made a few jokes here and there about MJ, I can't remember what he said exactly but I know he made some jokes MJ fans weren't too big about.

Personally I'm not going to really let it change my opinion of Robin Williams; there's so much more to him as a person and artist that it would take more than a couple of jokes he made about some musician I like (and besides, my life doesn't revolve around Michael to the point where I'm going to instantly hate someone just cos they made some jokes about Michael). Judging by how many people grieved for him upon his death and the numerous stories about how he was a good person, the joy and laughter he brought to this world throughout his lifetime make up for some mediocre jokes... I remember though when he died last year, the arguments between both sides on this issue got completely out of hand and the mods had to step in hahaha.

Whatever Robin Williams impression on Michael was saying "F him" is a bit harsh no? I mean this is a guy that spread a lot of joy to people despite the demons he battled internally which to me shows beauty.. While I too don't like what Robin Williams view of Michael was, I still appreciate Williams for who he was as a person and the art he created..

my life doesn't revolve around Michael to the point where I'm going to instantly hate someone just cos they made some jokes about Michael)

Depends what the joke was.
If he joked about him and boys or his changing skin color then he was part of the mob which tortured an innocent man for years and there is no excuse for that
and noone should tolerate something like that in a civilized country, regardless of who the target is. I would hate everyone who fuels false accusations and sides with false accusers or who bullies someone for his or her looks, let alone his or her skin color.

I think Williams changed his tune about Michael after he had passed. I believe he even mentioned him in some interview and talked about him in a more sympathetic light.

I think Williams changed his tune about Michael after he had passed. I believe he even mentioned him in some interview and talked about him in a more sympathetic light.

I like to think so too, I never heard any of the stupid jokes he say about Michael and I mean never, if he did I would be appauld and started to hated him, but since I never heard of the sort in my life, I got none to say about it. Besides I loved how did in films and playing the Genie. Just saw the footage of the outtakes, dang funny.

Last edited:
Depends what the joke was.
If he joked about him and boys or his changing skin color then he was part of the mob which tortured an innocent man for years and there is no excuse for that
and noone should tolerate something like that in a civilized country, regardless of who the target is. I would hate everyone who fuels false accusations and sides with false accusers or who bullies someone for his or her looks, let alone his or her skin color.

Hate is such a strong word though.

I think it is a reason to dislike someone more, not completely, but more. It's a reason I dislike Gene Simmons more for example, but he's a complete dick all around (understatement). Robin Williams on the other hand? Well like I said, he's brought a huge amount of joy and laughter to this world through his art and I've heard countless stories about how he was an incredible guy.

I think it's a small stain on his legacy, sure, but it's not enough to make me hate the guy completely. Like I said earlier, there's so much more to a person than a few jokes he made about some musician and what he's done for this earth, the impact I've seen him have on people, it cancels it out for me really.

Jokes or no jokes, Robin was a fantastic human being and I miss him like crazy..

I haven't seen many of his films admittedly, but he was amazing in Mrs. Doubtfire. That movie would've been nothing without him.

I heard it somewhere.
If so then f..k him.
Mike was shitted on WORLDWIDE, not just at home. Come off your high horse and stop being just as shitty by being extremely disrespectful to Robin. He did regret joking about Mike and he was never part of the lynch mob gunning for him.

No, HIStoric. He didn't make just a few jokes, quoting the words he said after Michael's passing he felt bad for "relentlessly slapping him like a bitch." That's not making a few jokes here and theere as you said. I don't deny his talent as an actor but I can't simply respect a person who relentlessly kicks someone when he's/she's down.

It's expected many comedians joke about the plastic surgeries or his skin (which is racist but, oh well) but any comedian or comedienne who "jokes" about molestation or rape in general are f*cked of their heads. Eddie Murphy and Chris Tucker have shown they can make hilarious jokes about him without insulting Michael's character or defaming him.

Who the hell was he to judge/making fun of him when Robin Williams succumbed into his own demons 3 years later?

If you have the stomach to watch, his last "joke" was disgusting.

I found the exact words he said. Michael had to die to make Robin feeling bad for jumping into the bandwagon as many others did to kick the dead horse.

"For me, it was sad. It was just a sad, kind of lonely event. For years of making fun of him, I felt really bad because it used to be making fun of Michael Jackson's like bitch slapping a paraplegic. Then when he died, you went, "Aw, sh*t, man. That's lonely." For me it just strikes me as just being so lonely. When you're taking a drug that would anaesthetize an elephant, how scared are you."

Last edited:
I've seen many people here get pissed off with other comedians who take cheap shots at Michael. So why does Robin Williams get a free pass?

BTW, I don't hate Robin Williams. I just hate what he said about Michael

No, HIStoric. He didn't make just a few jokes, quoting the words he said after Michael's passing he felt bad for "relentlessly slapping him like a bitch." That's not making a few jokes here and theere as you said. I don't deny his talent as an actor but I can't simply respect a person who relentlessly kicks someone when he's/she's down.

It's expected many comedians joke about the plastic surgeries or his skin (which is racist but, oh well) but any comedian or comedienne who "jokes" about molestation or rape in general are f*cked of their heads. Eddie Murphy and Chris Tucker have shown they can make hilarious jokes about him without insulting Michael's character or defaming him.

Yes, but that's what I've been saying about "there is more to him" comes into play. A couple of Michael Jackson jokes do not cancel out everything he's ever done to make me gain respect for him, so despite making those MJ jokes, I still respect him on the whole for what he's done throughout his life, just a little less so though because of the jokes. There are people who are just giant dicks, like Gene Simmons, who is a complete asshole all around and won't stop making MJ jokes, has not realised he's wrong and I have no respect for. Seriously, he came to my country last week and opened up an interview with Michael Jackson jokes (DW, interviewer wasn't really impressed. In fact he just shat on Simmons all throughout the interview).

What I'm trying to saying is, making MJ jokes is not neccesarily enough for me to lose all respect for a person outright, but it is enough for me to lose some respect in them. I have lost a little respect for Williams following these jokes, but on the other hand, he's done a lot of good on this earth by bringing a lot of joy and laughter into this world. I've heard so many wonderful stories about him over the years whereas for Simmons, they all essentially just point to him being a dick. So for me, while I did lose a bit of respect, I still have a great deal of respect for Mr. Williams on the whole. This is just the way I see things I suppose.

Perhaps I'm not reacting as bad as some of you are because I've desensitised myself to Michael Jackson jokes in general (but not completely) so they don't bother me as much as they used to. In addition, I think it might be the fact that Robin realised his mistake... even if it was after Michael's death. It would've been better if he had done so before Michael died but it's better late than never imo.

Who the hell was he to judge/making fun of him when Robin Williams succumbed into his own demons 3 years later?

What's the relevancy of that video? I mean, he's hardly hating on Michael Jackson since what's he saying is true, even if the audience is laughing along. "Michael Jackson was taking propofol to sleep which is like having chemotherapy cos you're tired of shaving your head". That's true, Michael shouldn't have been administered propofol just to fall sleep every night, especially outside of a hospital. It's a perfect analogy and Conrad Murray was a terrible doctor.

Last edited:
Yes it pissed me off to hear the jokes Robin Williams said about Mike and I wanted to turn off the stand up as soon as I heard it.. I will also admit that sometimes when I see footage of him that comes to mind and angers me.. BUT!!!

Robin Williams was nothing more than human.. It's not fair to hold him to a different standard than others.. I know many people (even family members) that have made some rude jokes about Michael.. Guess what, I still love them!

I would genuinely have no friends if I was to fall out with people over MJ jokes. Not one. I don't even know if I'd have any family.

I would be all alone.

I never said I hate Williams as a person, I hate his jokes and the fact it took Michael's death in order for him to feel bad which is pretty lame because him and many others didn't feel bad being part of the lynching mob ready to condemn him without caring about the truth. He just jumped into the bandwagon taking cheap shots masqueraded as jokes. The good he did to others doesn't justify his mean spirited attacks he perpetuated for years, that's why he doesn't get a past from me. His work doesn't take away he was an racist asshole to Michael and probably to other people as well.

Like I said, I expect most comedians taking cheap shots joking about the surgeries, his skin but anyone who "jokes" about children (all people in general) being raped or molested is f*cked of the head.

Fortunately there are/were superior stand up comedians to Robin Williams who don't/didn't need to tell bullshit to joke with intelligence. If George Carlin really said this quote, I take my hat.

I haven't been able to find were this quote came from.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, comedians of all ages, has anyone accused you of kicking a dead horse? This Michael Jackson stuff is really getting old. So Mike decided he wanted to live dangerously by helping kids. That’s no reason to call him a w***. Then the worst part is he gets stalked for everything he does. Headlines all over read "W**** J**** Suicide Try” and other disgusting things that are so cruel and sick even to the most degenerate mind. One comedian, one joke, that’s all and then that person can go and get hated for the rest of his life, but I’m not f*****g with Michael Jackson fans. I’m not that dumb. Mike’s sweet, his fans are vicious. Attack him, you’re already considered dead.“ -George Carlin

I can't help wondering, how scared Robin was to take his own life? That's why I asked previously who the hell he was to judge/make fun of him.

Last edited:
Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4112737 said:
I never said I hate Williams as a person, I hate his jokes and the fact it took Michael's death in order for him to feel bad which is pretty lame because him and many others didn't feel bad being part of the lynching mob ready to condemn him without caring about the truth. He just jumped into the bandwagon taking cheap shots masqueraded as jokes. The good he did to others doesn't justify his mean spirited attacks he perpetuated for years, that's why he doesn't get a past from me. His work doesn't take away he was an racist asshole to Michael and probably to other people as well.

Like I said, I expect most comedians taking cheap shots joking about the surgeries, his skin but anyone who "jokes" about children (all people in general) being raped or molested is f*cked of the head.

Fortunately there are/were superior stand up comedians to Robin Williams who don't/didn't need to tell bullshit to joke with intelligence. If George Carlin really said this quote, I take my hat.

I haven't been able to find were this quote came from.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, comedians of all ages, has anyone accused you of kicking a dead horse? This Michael Jackson stuff is really getting old. So Mike decided he wanted to live dangerously by helping kids. That’s no reason to call him a w***. Then the worst part is he gets stalked for everything he does. Headlines all over read "W**** J**** Suicide Try” and other disgusting things that are so cruel and sick even to the most degenerate mind. One comedian, one joke, that’s all and then that person can go and get hated for the rest of his life, but I’m not f*****g with Michael Jackson fans. I’m not that dumb. Mike’s sweet, his fans are vicious. Attack him, you’re already considered dead.“

I can't help wondering, how scared Robin was to take his own life? That's why I asked previously who the hell he was to judge/make fun of him.

Who ever said that quote is so right on. The sick MJ jokes are not only getting old, those kinds of joke should be dead. Like I've always say that people who makes fun of Michael, saying crap about him and/or believe in all these BS lies about him are incredibly stupid.

I'll never understand why people get filled with anger and hate over some stupid jokes someone made about MJ, I'd hate a lot of people if I had that attitude. I didn't like that he made those jokes but I'm not gonna hate him for it. As others have said he did a lot more than make some crappy MJ jokes.

I'm sure Michael and his family/children laughed their heads off when Williams was ridiculing him on national TV, video/DVD, and to audiences all across the world - not.

I don't decide 'who' is 'allowed' to make MJ feel like shit, based on my likes and dislikes. The same way as I wouldn't say it's ok for some people to be racist or cruel to my family and friends.

Not liking MJ's music, clothes, choice of pet, that is one thing. Using your fame to claim that he is child molester, or that he is trying to be white because he hates being black, then that goes way too far.

Taking the piss about the way MJ died? Perhaps I could think of a joke or two about the way Williams died?

Nah. That would make me the same as him.

(and besides, my life doesn't revolve around Michael to the point where I'm going to instantly hate someone just cos they made some jokes about Michael)

Your life doesn't have to revolve around Michael to that point but this is a Michael board and this video is posted in a Michael section for the MJ reference in it so of course some people would want to discuss this aspect too.

Your life doesn't have to revolve around Michael to that point but this is a Michael board and this video is posted in a Michael section for the MJ reference in it so of course some people would want to discuss this aspect too.

Thats true it is an MJ aboard but it's still a bit much to base your opinion of someone on how they perceived Michael Jackson. I think that was the point HIStoric was making.

If I had had the chance to be friends with Michael, I'd be equally angry as I am as an MJ fan. The same way I was angry at Joan Rivers, Kat Williams, (I admit they were/are way nastier making sicker jokes than Robin, I'll give him tha) Seth Macfarlane, Russell Brand, Chris Rock, etc. But somehow Robin Willians for the work he did or who he was, gets more of a pass from some MJ fans than the other comedians I mentioned which is double standards IMO. No one gets a pass from me if they've claimed Michael abused children without evidence.

I believe in justice and that there is more to life than this world. I hope Robin Williams and others like him will answer to God for the pain they caused to MJ.

It is not about MJ, it is about causing so much pain to others while having zero consideration for their feelings simply because you can. If people are held accountable to what they do to each other under the "freedom of expression" this world would have been much better. But the logic of those who perceive themselves as enlightened and expect the victims of verbal abuse to "get over it" and "grow up" remains a mystery to me.

Thats true it is an MJ aboard but it's still a bit much to base your opinion of someone on how they perceived Michael Jackson. I think that was the point HIStoric was making.

Well, to each his own. I guess I would be more cautious before saying things like "a bit much" or "not enough" in a fan community board. My point is that it's kind of unrealistic to expect fans to avoid the "bad side" of these certain celebrities who chose to side against Michael or to make fun of him in public. In this case this is not a general Robin Williams thread in the Community General Discussion section and MJ is a big part of this topic.

I think maybe you should consider the idea that this is not just about how people "perceived Michael Jackson". I think for some people this kind of behavior is seen as bullying and many times it's considered unjust, ignorant, racist (generally speaking) and offensive. In my opinion these are totally legit reasons to not like a person and it's not necessarily about "some stupid jokes" nor about how these people perceive MJ in particular. Personally, this 'celebrities making fun of other celebrities' thing is not something I admire. In my opinion artists (comedians, musicians, actors, etc.) should not go there - especially when they're talking about sensitive issues.

Last edited:
I would genuinely have no friends if I was to fall out with people over MJ jokes. Not one. I don't even know if I'd have any family.

I would be all alone.

EXACTLY! I'll add having no coworkers, neighbors or fellow human beings, period. I'd have to have my own island, because Mike is not a sacred cow and he's not exempt from being the subject of jokes. It's a no brainer that the truly tasteless/slanderous jokes are despicable, but one can't shut off the entire world over some jokes about their favorite artist. Life is too precious and too short to live it in a constant state of anger because everyone doesn't respect/admire/love Mike. Other people's perception of him has no effect on how I feel about him, ANYWAY and I won't give them the satisfaction of getting all riled up and pissed off. That would make me look unhinged.

Talking about sacred cows: I don't think everyone is obliged to love Robin Williams. He is not exempt from criticism either. And if someone is turned off by his "jokes" about MJ then oh well.

Comedians can fall from grace with many people for a little stupid remark. MJ fans are obviously sensitive about certain "jokes" about MJ (not all - I never heard anyone have a problem with the kind of intelligent parody that Eddie Murphy did on him). Other parts of the population are sensitive about other kind of "jokes". So what? People have the right to their sensitivities. That doesn't make anyone unhinged.

Last edited:
Back