September 12 - 14 (Update for Sept 14, 2008 on post #83)

However, Nelly didn't have to say or assume that MJ is "chasing Thriller". Mike hasn't chased Thriller since the CD came out. It is not Mike's fault that people still want him to do Thriller Part 2: The After Effect.

Regardless, Mike has and always will chase Thriller. That's not a knock on Mike at all. That's just the perfectionist in him. That's why he's loved by so many folks. He's always striving for more. He just didn't go the predictable route and clump a bunch of thriller outtakes together and call it a day. It's all subjective in the end, but many people saw thriller as just "perfection". Every major artist has dealt with that at some point. "Oh that's pretty good, but it's no (insert huge-monumental-colossal-blockbuster-smash hit here)". It's not fair, but what can you do?

Regardless, Mike has and always will chase Thriller. That's not a knock on Mike at all. That's just the perfectionist in him. That's why he's loved by so many folks. He's always striving for more. He just didn't go the predictable route and clump a bunch of thriller outtakes together and call it a day. It's all subjective in the end, but many people saw thriller as just "perfection". Every major artist has dealt with that at some point. "Oh that's pretty good, but it's no (insert huge-monumental-colossal-blockbuster-smash hit here)". It's not fair, but what can you do?

Well, I see what you are saying. However, my thing is I doubt that MJ is trying to chase Thriller. I think MJ is over that. I do not think that when MJ does a CD he is thinking about how he can top Thriller. I doubt that. Well, we are just gonna agree to disagree.

For those who are wondering why I have not been on much recently.. Just wait a bit.. Got some stuff coming............ ;)

Re: September 12 - 14 (Update for Sept 13, 2008 on post #56)

well Nelly can't talk his new album and his last are shit, so what gives him the right to comment. He will never have a Thriller
um...his new onehasn't even come out yet....call it shit on tuesday after it's out! lmao

:scratch:

Back