September 12 - 14 (Update for Sept 14, 2008 on post #83)

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings. Great covers of pop's royal family + a bunch of other st

hi Dorothy-marie

facebook :)

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings. Great covers of pop's royal family + a bunch of other st

For those who like Guitar Hero Michael Jackson's song "Beat It" will be featured in the new game. Here is the information:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/09_12_08_12_37PM.htm

ACTIVISION UNVEILS FULL GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR SET LIST
Featuring 86 Master Tracks, Game Delivers the Biggest Selection of On-Disc Music in the Music-Rhythm Videogame Genre to Date
Delivering unparalleled depth and diversity featuring some of the most prolific artists of all-time including Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Van Halen, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Michael Jackson and more, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today revealed the highly-anticipated full set list for Guitar Hero® World Tour, the definitive rock ‘n’ roll music videogaming experience. Spanning over 40 years of rock history and featuring 86 tracks, comprised entirely of master recordings, the game will deliver Guitar Hero® fans the largest selection of on-disc music in the music-rhythm videogame genre to date. The complete Guitar Hero World Tour on-disc set list available on October 26, 2008 will include:

hi Dorothy-marie

facebook :)

Facebook? Sorry but that is not a reliable source. :scratch: I will have to delete those articles that don't have a link and you have to provide me with reliable sources (i.e, AP, Reuters, ABC, NBC,CBS) Please don't post anymore news from facebook as that is just a social network and not a NEWS site.

Who does Nelly think he is when he compares his career to Michael's and saying that Michael has gone down hill since Thriller has been out. Read for yourself :smilerolleyes::

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/en...7B793AB362A81566862574C200727B1E?OpenDocument

Nelly is never going to have another "Country Grammar."

He knows it, and he's OK with that as he stares down the Tuesday release of his latest CD, "Brass Knuckles."

"Country Grammar," his 2000 debut CD, was not only a musical milestone for St. Louis, but a national phenomenon, selling more than 9 million copies.

Nelly says it's wrong for anyone to expect him to duplicate that success

:doh:
Michael Jackson killed his career with 'Thriller,'" says the buff rapper, interviewed this summer in the cigar room of his Skybox restaurant on Laclede's Landing. "He made the ultimate album and that left him with nowhere to go but down. He's been chasing 'Thriller' his whole life.

"There's no way in hell I'm going to chase 'Country Grammar.' That would drive me crazy."

Michael Jackson killed his career with 'Thriller,'" says the buff rapper, interviewed this summer in the cigar room of his Skybox restaurant on Laclede's Landing. "He made the ultimate album and that left him with nowhere to go but down. He's been chasing 'Thriller' his whole life.

First of all, that's hystarical that he actually compared his album to "Thriller", second, why does this fool keep talking about how messed up Michael's become? Michael's topped "Thriller" aretistically in the view of many and he's already got beyond it some of the top selling albums in history, more successful then any of Nelly's albums.

I thought Nelly admired Michael or am I just imaging things?

Well he said he does, but he's obviously got a warped perception of things. Can't really blame him, he's apparently been brainwashed in to thinking the only good work Michael's ever produced is "Thriller".

Thriller Thriller thriller thriller thriller thriller..
I'm starting to hate thriller now, it overshadowed everything else MJ does or did. What about HIStory and DANGEROUS album? They are better than thriller a 100 times yet never get a slight appreciation.

thanks to the media for this.

It is the media's fault. Ass holes. Michael's other work is every bit as good, better in my opinion, or as Michael would say, my true humble opinion, lol.

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings Great covers of pop's royal family + a bunch of other stu

The truth or an opinion? It is really not that serious and to be frank, the review was about James Brown and his impact, not Michael. So, in many ways, they were not trying to give MJ or Prince any credit. They weren't tripping, either. This is not about if James is a better dancer than MJ. It is about this:

That is what it is about and I agree with what he said. Heck, MJ would agree. MJ and Prince learned showmanship from James Brown, which is a fact. MJ and Prince were heavily influence by James Brown, that is a fact. I do not know or care if MJ is a better dancer than James Brown or not. All I know is all three can dance better than me or you. LOL. I think the fact that you stated that basically MJ will smoked James in the dancefloor shows that you have no respect for the people before Michael or Prince. It is offensive. It shows that you could care less about James Browns's achievements. Everyone knows that no one can match the footspeed of James Brown. No one, not even our beloved Michael. So, please, stop the trippin' and accept the cold hard facts.

I dunno, MJ's up on his speed game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD-4CDVcjCc&feature=related

And "everyone knows that no one can match the footspeed of James Brown" is just an absurd statement. There are plenty of UNKNOWN/NON-FAMOUS HUMAN BEINGS on this planet who we have no idea how fast their "foot speed" is. For all you know there could be someone who could out-"foot-speed" both Michael and James Brown combined.

Thriller Thriller thriller thriller thriller thriller..
I'm starting to hate thriller now, it overshadowed everything else MJ does or did. What about HIStory and DANGEROUS album? They are better than thriller a 100 times yet never get a slight appreciation.

thanks to the media for this.

Yeah...the Thriller-worship is quite sickening. It was a great album. But so was Off the Wall. And so was Bad. And so was Dangerous. People, give it a break, life goes on after Thriller. The sum and the end-all be-all of Michael's career is NOT with Thriller.

It's like the brady bunch or something...MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA!!!

^True, Michael is an all-around better dancer than James Brown. I know that's hard for some people to swallow and might even seem like sacrilege. Like...disrespecting those who came before, or something. No disrespect to James Brown (R.I.P.) whatsoever. We all know he taught Michael a lot of what he does now.

But look, it's blatantly obvious that Michael is far more well-rounded as a true dancer, and that his foot speed has most definitely matched that of James Brown's (Michael's speed is incredible). As far as I can see now from available footage and shows/concerts.

Michael's feet are just as fast. I've seen him bust out the mashed patatoes during the "Dangerous" tour and also "History" and it was like lightening. And his over all movement from step to step is much quicker. I'm not trying to disrespect James Brown. Anyone who says I am is just speaking out of ignorance and defensiveness. James Brown was an awesome talent and I've already said that. But he wasn't as versatile as Michael, he wasn't as quick, his lines weren't as good, and he wasn't as fluid or accurate. I'm just being honest and the only reason I said it is because someone else said Michael couldn't match him in some article. This is a discussion board and god forbid someone should think Michael's talent in a particular area is superior to one of his heros and then state as much on his own fan board.

Tsk, tsk.....Nelly, Nelly, Nelly......:bugeyed

omg wtf? Nelly!!ahaha omg whats his problem?

I'm sorry guys but Michael Jackson and James Brown should NOT be compared. They're great dancers in their own right. As is Fred Astaire.

Well I didn't start it, lol.

cut the crap u guys. knock it off....does it have to be that big of a damn deal? honestly? if u don'tlike each other, take the drama to pm. it's obvious one person was trying very hard NOT to keep the animosity flowing. chill the hell out

soso def i feel ya!! right on

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings The greatest covers of pop's royal family

thnks for all the news i could not find this maybe i overlooked if so sorry :michael jackson and his three children, dining at Benihana at the Las Vegas Hilton on Wednesday. Hilton executive chef Toy Tomme personally cooked for Jackson and his children

Last edited:

Not sure if this has been mentioned ( i didnt see it anywhere) but i heard on Classic Hits FM (radio station here in New Zealand) that Michael and his kids have been hiding out in Sydney Australia the past few days. Don't know if there is any truth to this. Does anyone know more about this rumor?

Just in case you didn't hear about that. In Germany we had a tv show with various impersonators last evening. You know, John Bon Jovi, Elvis, Amy Winehouse, Tina and more. It was a competition. The audience had to choose. Guess who won? Right! Michael Jackson aka William Hall!! I don't think William is the greatest performer (he was sooo nervous), but a lovely, nice person. I'd say he deserves the money.

Members: Please use the 'report post' button for legitmate violations of forum rules ONLY.

Just to make it clear: there was never any (reliable) information that Jackson ever "forced" television networks to name him anyway. Obviously, they mean MTV in 1991's promotion. Few years after producers denied the story.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Sept. 13, 2008:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/view...9/13/1987michael-jackson-bad-100252-21806998/

1987Michael Jackson – Bad

Sep 13 2008 by Jade Wright, Liverpool Echo
MICHAEL Jackson’s seventh solo album remains the only album in history to feature five Billboard No. 1 singles.
Released nearly five years after the phenomenon of Thriller, the album sold more than 25m copies worldwide.
Jackson began recording demos after his last performance with The Jacksons in 1986.
Jackson reportedly wrote 60 songs for the new album and recorded 30, wanting to use them all on a three-disc set.
Instead, his longtime producer Quincy Jones cut it down to 10 tracks and a bonus song making it a single LP. The CD release contained the bonus track, Leave Me Alone.
By the time Jackson released this album, sales of its predecessor, Thriller, had already reached 40m.
Bad became the first of Michael's albums to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 where it remained for the next six weeks.
The 18-minute music video for the single Bad was directed by Martin Scorsese and featured Wesley Snipes.

http://www.brooklynrail.org/2008/09/theater/hooch-hatchetation-radiohole-takes-on-the-nation

Some of his most well-known films, which almost all begin with the highly trademarkable title “A film by Anger,” include Lucifer Rising and the motorcycle-themed Scorpio Rising. One of my favorites among the few that I’ve seen is Rabbit’s Moon (which is a perfect marriage of the silents of the 1920s and the best epic music videos, particularly a certain moonlit Michael Jackson video). Music is absolutely central to the work, as are pop culture, music, and the occult. Though Anger’s films weren’t popularly released and were primarily screened at small festivals, he was well-respected among his peers and is considered to be among the most important avant garde filmmakers.

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=152996&bolum=114

R&B in the 1980s was synthesizer-heavy and soulful. Then, as now, artists were going forward by looking back, meshing sounds from the swing era and bebop with the latest a Casio keyboard had to offer. Groundbreakers such as Prince and Michael Jackson accomplished something else today's artists ardently desire: They went beyond the traditional "urban" audience to defy genre classifications.

http://www.ringsidereport.com/rsr/news.php?readmore=1101

Against Curtis Parker I definitely remember being a little tentative. And then when we had the weigh in, this guy was built like a tree stump, and here I was, this skinny kid with a Jheri Curl, straight out of Vancouver (that was when the Michael Jackson of boxing thing began).

http://www.examiner.com/x-515-SF-Tr...l-for-Sunday-Streets-this-Sunday-September-14

I’m sure they will continue to have bicycle repairs and tune-ups available at Illinois and 23rd Street. But more importantly, I hope they will again have the do-it-yourself s’mores available with those propane torches providing a different type of burn altogether. It reminded me of summer camp, though I think I would have had alternative uses for those torches. Nonetheless, the biggest piece of nostalgia came with the mock tribute to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video on Justin Herman Plaza where ghoulish-looking roller skaters tried to replicate the Gloved One’s idiosyncratic dance moves (see the video above).

Re: September 12 - 14 (Update for Sept 13, 2008 on post #56)

JUST POSTING THIS...NO DRAMA FOLKS, OTAY?

this is from feld dog's blog!
http://coreyfeldman.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/a-very-interesting-week/

Speaking of strange stories I have one of my own…..not about aliens…….about Jacksons!
Over the weekend I attended the BM IUrban Music Awards show. The event (which I attend every year as a member/publisher) this year was honoring the greatest musical family in the history of music. Given my on again off again relationship with that family I was hesitant to go. Ultimately I decided that overall even though Michael and I have had our differences through the years, i still applaud he and his families musical legacy and the iconic music they have created through the years. They really achieved unearthly achievements like no other family in this business. So why not bury the sword, after all Michael didn’t even attend the event. So certainly no reason not to go and honor the rest of the family for their achievements. I certainly left the ceremony with a warmness in my heart. One that had not surfaced for that family in quite a while.

I feel after all of the time that has passed, Forgiveness is truly the key to everything. Ultimate i felt bad for any distress I may have caused to the family as a result of the animosity between Michael and myself. However the whole family looked great, everyone was there (except Jermaine, and Michael) and they looked honestly happy,grateful, and emotional over the honorarium. Janet was even crying for a potion of the night. It reminded me of better times with the family, and it got me to thinking how kind, warm, and hospitable, and every one, of those family members is. So in total this week I officially give my solemn oath from this point forward you will hear no more Jackson basing from me. They have always treated me well themselves and I an continuously grateful for that.

So in total this week I officially give my solemn oath from this point forward you will hear no more Jackson basing from me. They have always treated me well themselves and I an continuously grateful for that.

Oh puhleeze! shut up Corey! 'cause it won't be long before you start your ish again!:*****:

LOL! I will just roll my eyes and not say a word. Whichever way the wind blows Corey. Kick them while they are down and try and get back in their good books. I don't think so.

Back