September 12 - 14 (Update for Sept 14, 2008 on post #83)

Re: September 12 - 14 (Update for Sept 13, 2008 on post #56)

ooohhh jeez. LMAO at Corey!!!:rolleyes:

ROFL @ corey feldman....the bloke is such a loser -- he can't possibly expect people to take him seriously! aww feldman you just extended an onlive branch to the Jackson family-- im sure they are elated NOT! this dude needs to geta life.

:no:Talk about a fair weather friend Corey, hummm :no:

it's more like, the world of corey! lol

it's from his blog...and yes people, dude has fans who post to him all the time. it's really scary. there's even a church fanclub.....but im glad he'll shut up for now. he seems to have alienated his other best friend, haim, so now he needs something to talk about so of course the only other famous friend he has is mj...the rest r too obscure to mention.

i mean, who wants to write a blog about todd bridges?

JUST POSTING THIS...NO DRAMA FOLKS, OTAY?

this is from feld dog's blog!
http://coreyfeldman.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/a-very-interesting-week/

Speaking of strange stories I have one of my own…..not about aliens…….about Jacksons!
Over the weekend I attended the BM IUrban Music Awards show. The event (which I attend every year as a member/publisher) this year was honoring the greatest musical family in the history of music. Given my on again off again relationship with that family I was hesitant to go. Ultimately I decided that overall even though Michael and I have had our differences through the years, i still applaud he and his families musical legacy and the iconic music they have created through the years. They really achieved unearthly achievements like no other family in this business. So why not bury the sword, after all Michael didn’t even attend the event. So certainly no reason not to go and honor the rest of the family for their achievements. I certainly left the ceremony with a warmness in my heart. One that had not surfaced for that family in quite a while.

I feel after all of the time that has passed, Forgiveness is truly the key to everything. Ultimate i felt bad for any distress I may have caused to the family as a result of the animosity between Michael and myself. However the whole family looked great, everyone was there (except Jermaine, and Michael) and they looked honestly happy,grateful, and emotional over the honorarium. Janet was even crying for a potion of the night. It reminded me of better times with the family, and it got me to thinking how kind, warm, and hospitable, and every one, of those family members is. So in total this week I officially give my solemn oath from this point forward you will hear no more Jackson basing from me. They have always treated me well themselves and I an continuously grateful for that.

Yeah, until 6 months have passed and you STILL ain't heard from Michael. Pff.

I like how he says HE'S forgiving THEM, lol.

Hahahahaha :lol:

Hey, who deleted my post?
angry-emoticon-150x149.jpg

The least you could do is tell someone it was deleted, and why.

good afternoon everybody :)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/view...9/13/1987michael-jackson-bad-100252-21806998/
1987Michael Jackson – Bad

MICHAEL Jackson’s seventh solo album remains the only album in history to feature five Billboard No. 1 singles.

Released nearly five years after the phenomenon of Thriller, the album sold more than 25m copies worldwide.

Jackson began recording demos after his last performance with The Jacksons in 1986.

Jackson reportedly wrote 60 songs for the new album and recorded 30, wanting to use them all on a three-disc set.

Instead, his longtime producer Quincy Jones cut it down to 10 tracks and a bonus song making it a single LP. The CD release contained the bonus track, Leave Me Alone.

By the time Jackson released this album, sales of its predecessor, Thriller, had already reached 40m.

Bad became the first of Michael's albums to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 where it remained for the next six weeks.

The 18-minute music video for the single Bad was directed by Martin Scorsese and featured Wesley Snipes.

1998The Corrs – Talk on Corners

THE Corr family’s second album saw them break through into the UK mainstream market.

But its first three single releases (Only When I Sleep, I Never Loved You Anyway and What Can I Do) all failed to reach the top 40.

Meanwhile the band had contributed to the album Legacy: A Tribute To Fleetwood Mac's Rumours with their version of the song, Dreams, and took part in a televised live concert at the Albert Hall on St Patrick’s Day 1998.

The event did much to raise the band's profile – the single Dreams was released and the album was reissued with Dreams added.

Talk On Corners became the UK's top-selling album in 1998 and eventually went on to sell 2.7m.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article809573.ece

Kickin' back: Gaines Adams opens up

Despite possibly being the quietest man in the Tampa Bay locker room, Gaines Adams reveals, among other things, he prefers old-school Michael Jackson and would opt for down-home soul food over an upscale steak dinner any day.

Okay. That's pretty popular. Is there something on there I'd be surprised about?

Well, I have a lot of Michael Jackson. I have some Thriller on there. The old stuff. I have a good bit of it.

Too bad he didn't stick with the old stuff, huh?
Who knows how good he could have been if he would have? You have to remember, it wasn't just one group of people listening to Michael. The whole world was listening to Michael. I mean, everybody. So, you're from a small town, Greenwood, S.C. So, what's cooking at the Adams' household for Sunday dinner?

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article809573.ece

Kickin' back: Gaines Adams opens up

Despite possibly being the quietest man in the Tampa Bay locker room, Gaines Adams reveals, among other things, he prefers old-school Michael Jackson and would opt for down-home soul food over an upscale steak dinner any day.

Okay. That's pretty popular. Is there something on there I'd be surprised about?

Well, I have a lot of Michael Jackson. I have some Thriller on there. The old stuff. I have a good bit of it.

Too bad he didn't stick with the old stuff, huh?
Who knows how good he could have been if he would have? You have to remember, it wasn't just one group of people listening to Michael. The whole world was listening to Michael. I mean, everybody. So, you're from a small town, Greenwood, S.C. So, what's cooking at the Adams' household for Sunday dinner?

Shut up fool! So what, Michael was supposed to just keep making the same damn record over and over? Yeah, that's what an artist does! Refuses to grow or change and just keep putting out the same, sure fire formula. Jesus man, these people don't know how stupid they sound. Michael's later work gets no effin respect. I hate that so much.

I have been a Jackson fan for 40 years and I just want to say that Michael nor the Jacksons, nor the Jackson 5 have ever been the opening act for ANYBODY! Even when way back when they first started out touring when they were with Motown, the Commodores were THEIR opening act. So, no, Michael has NEVER been anybody's opening act. He has always been the headliner. Why the Village People want to perpertrate that lie just because they apperared on the same show as Michael, I don't know. It is just to make them look more important than they really are. :mat:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Shut up fool! So what, Michael was supposed to just keep making the same damn record over and over? Yeah, that's what an artist does! Refuses to grow or change and just keep putting out the same, sure fire formula. Jesus man, these people don't know how stupid they sound. Michael's later work gets no effin respect. I hate that so much.

I feel ya pain gurl!:doh:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/t...d_shakers/executive_movers/article4748377.ece

"There is much more of a hire-and-fire mentality than there used to be," said Michael Jackson, former chairman of the Sage software group and Party Gaming who took part in the survey. "There is much more short-termism."

Sunsetdriver's note: Obviously not our Michael Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:

not sure if posted but thanks to TSCM and mjjr.net

Earlier this week, a 10-page formal agreement was filed in Santa Barbara between Michael Jackson and Colony Capital LLC. Colony Capital LLC is the organization which purchased the loan against Neverland four months ago, allowing Michael Jackson to retain ownership of the property that was otherwise scheduled for public auction.
At the time, Michael Jackson had released a statement which read: "I am pleased with recent developments involving Neverland Ranch and I am in discussions with Colony and Tom Barrack with regard to the Ranch and other matters that would allow me to focus on the future."
Since this is strictly a private matter between Colony Capital and Michael Jackson, there is no further info...

MJJR.net

I know what you mean. It's like ever since MJ released Thriller people just want all of his songs now to be clones of Billie Jean and they want all his videos to have dancing zombies in them

well Nelly can't talk his new album and his last are shit, so what gives him the right to comment. He will never have a Thriller

Mentionings coming up for Sept 14.

Oh k no one saw my warning so I am going to close this thread and clean it up a bit.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Sept 14, 2008:

http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/19980.html

Closing in on Checker’s number one spot were some equally unexpected songs. Carlos Santana and Rob Thomas’s duet, “Smooth,” place second, and Bobby Darin’s “Mack the Knife” came in third. The latter was number one on the charts for nine weeks in 1959, the BBC reported. Music icons like Michael Jackson, Elvis, and Madonna were noticeably absent from the top 10. The Beatles just made it at number 8 with “Hey Jude."

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_upclosewith14_09-14-08_SQBJ03G_v4.1374002.html

•MY FIRST CONCERT: It was Michael Jackson at the Astrodome. I was about 5 years old.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation/0-2-316/Wisconsin-10--Fresno-State-0--Halftime.html

I also want to give props to the Fresno State band, which did a dedication to Michael Jackson songs during halftime.
Two ranked teams and a Michael Jackson retrospective? Now that's what I call a Saturday night!

Michael Jackson HIStory for Sept 14, 2008:

1990 - The Los Angeles Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America gave Michael Jackson the "Michael Jackson Good Scout Humanitarian Award." Disney CEO Michael Eisner presented the award.

1990 - The Los Angeles Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America gave Michael Jackson the "Michael Jackson Good Scout Humanitarian Award." Disney CEO Michael Eisner presented the award.

Aww that's so sweet!

As for the rest of the mentionings, thanks.

^^ yes, very sweet..awwww :)

Thanks to all for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

LOL @ the SAD Corey cover. :giggle:

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings. Great covers of pop's royal family + a bunch of other st

I'm sorry guys but Michael Jackson and James Brown should NOT be compared. They're great dancers in their own right. As is Fred Astaire.

Your friend Nicole had no issue comparing James Brown to Michael. Anyway, I agreed with what you stated.

I was not going to post this weekend, but I saw this laughable comment and I HAD TO say something:

Michael Jackson killed his career with 'Thriller,'" says the buff rapper, interviewed this summer in the cigar room of his Skybox restaurant on Laclede's Landing. "He made the ultimate album and that left him with nowhere to go but down. He's been chasing 'Thriller' his whole life

What a fool. Nelly killed his career when he tried to "sing" that song he had with Tim McGraw. Does anyone remember that song? That's right. How did MJ "killed" his career? Thriller made him a MEGASTAR, a LEGEND. What is Nelly? Nothing more than a hasbeen rapper. He never influenced anyone. He has never innovative anyone. He decided to create a card with a woman's booty on it, instead of changing the music that is being made. He raps about the same kind of nonsense that is killing, ruining and destroying the young black youth instead of making music that is inspiring the young black youth. This dude is a damn clown. He thinks that posing for the Sean John ad can get me or any other female to buy his crappy music is not gonna work! Please. LOL. Michael has never chased Thriller because he already accomplished what many artists can never accomplished. It is the effing media that has been comparing every damn CD this man made to Thriller which makes most of the ignorant public think that Michael is trying to "chase" Thriller when clearly his ass is WAY OVER SOME DAMN THRILLER!! The only people STILL talking about some Thriller is shitty artists like Nelly and the crappy media! Please!

feldman.jpg

Enough said...

Exactly.

So in total this week I officially give my solemn oath from this point forward you will hear no more Jackson basing from me. They have always treated me well themselves and I an continuously grateful for that.

This man is the loser of the past year. I will never forgive him for what he has down to MJ and his family. I will never have a change of heart for this fool. If the family forgives him that is them, but my rear is not gonna do that to this nobody. I wish MJ and his family never gave a damn about this clown.

So, the football player is a "fool" because he prefers old school MJ? LOL. Wow. I mean, at least he was not ashamed of listening to MJ. Some of you fans are too sensitive. I mean, really.

Anyway, thanks to DM, Elusive and others for thre news.

Norm has a new report on Mike. Someone made a thread about it:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55580

Last edited:

well Nelly can't talk his new album and his last are shit, so what gives him the right to comment. He will never have a Thriller

He has the right just like anyone else lol and eh.. he never compared his album to Thriller. He's pointing out that in some people's eyes, an artist is only as big as their last hit. "Country Grammar" (Nelly's first album), was his "Thriller", because it sold more than any of NELLY'S other albums. The same can be said about "Purple Rain", "Like A Virgin", etc. Alot of folks believe that anything that sells/sold short of those albums is a failure. Some of the expectations that critics (and some fans alike) set for follow-up albums are damn-near impossible to meet.

However, Nelly didn't have to say or assume that MJ is "chasing Thriller". Mike hasn't chased Thriller since the CD came out. It is not Mike's fault that people still want him to do Thriller Part 2: The After Effect.

Back