She Drives Me Wild or Can't Let Her Get Away?

JEMFTV

Proud Member
Two songs from the same album, i wanted to ask which song do you prefer?

I prefer Can't Let Her Get Away over She Drives Me Wild.

Last edited:
I really like She Drives Me Wild because it sounds so creative and different with all these car sounds! ;) and his voice is very strong in that song. It's just timeless.

I really like She Drives Me Wild because it sounds so creative and different with all these car sounds! ;) and his voice is very strong in the song.
Yes it does! ;D, i think Teddy Riley stated that even the bass line of the song was created with car-sounds. ;A :naughty:

For a long time I too thought of She Drives Me Wild as a filler, but then it became one of my favourites. So it's not a filler to me any more. I love it very much. Love the car sounds. Love his voice and the cheeky lyrics. Can't Let Her Get Away is the only song on Dangerous I could not really warm to, but I know that song has fans as well. It's just that I'm not one of them.

"Black jeans and a turtle neck sweater, I know that girl is fakin' cause I've seen her look better" !!!
Love both songs so much, this is the Dangerous album to me. MJ branching out and trying something he's never done before.
Love SDMW, it's amazing the car sounds, the vocals, adlibs and the lyrics. I think it has one of the best raps on a MJ song ever.
Love CLHGA , it's amazing and so different, love how he goes from falsetto to his angry voice.
Two great songs, but for me She Drives Me Wild. (sorry for the long post :cheeky:)

First heard it when I saw the HIStory tour on YT, when SDMW started the beats resonated through my ear phones. I kept replaying the whole performance just to hear that 10 seconds of music, I thought it was the most coolest thing I've ever heard. :bugeyed Didn't know it was a whole song for a long time until my slow brain decided to check wiki... the moment I discovered it was, I was literally like ->:woohoo:. "She Drives Me Wild" is the most played song on my phone now. :D IMO, this deserves to have been released as a single. I actually would have preferred seeing MJ and Naomi Campbell in "SDMW" opposed to "In The Closet". MJ's raw voice and the powerful bassline coupled with all the hardware sounds gives it an overall "macho" feel. The only other song like this is 2000 watts. But in terms of sounding unique, SDMW wins big time. Also because of the sheer raw power of MJ's voice.. he sounds amazing. The beats are too addictive, I CAN'T help but press the replay button.
"Can't Let Her Get Away" is fine in comparison. Not as catchy or addictive as "SDMW" though.

I've loved 'She Drives Me Wild' since i first heard it.. i just love the beat & groove! plus Michael's vocals are so extremely divine/aggressive.. just makes you wanna get up and groove :)

She Drives Me Wild is one of my favourites on Dangerous! The way they used 'natural' sounds to form a beat and instrumental. Absolutely brilliant ^_^ (I'm blasting it right now!)

To be honest though, Can't Let Her Get Away is the closest thing to a filler on Dangerous and it has the lowest amount of plays on my iTunes for the album. I don't hate it... I just never play it? Doesn't stop Dangerous from being a 5/5 album though - easily one of Michael's greatest artistic triumphs in my opinion.

Last edited:
She drives me wild I have always favoured this one the most

This is tough. SDMW takes it for me, but I love them both.

When he starts adlibbing towards the end and kinda goes into the delivery from Serious Effect, I lose my mind. Such a cool song.

Two incredible important elements in The Dangerous Experience. I'm just such a big fan of Can't Let Her Get Away. Such a groove! Do y'all remember that movie from the 90's that featured the song? Lol :p

I wish that Michael would have performed Can't Let Her Get Away. I could always picture coming straight after Jam on the Dangerous Tour

Two incredible important elements in The Dangerous Experience. I'm just such a big fan of Can't Let Her Get Away. Such a groove! Do y'all remember that movie from the 90's that featured the song? Lol :p

Which movie was that?

I'll have to go with She Drives Me Wild if I had to choose. It's just such a great song but Can't Let Her Get Away is good too. It seems like it's often overlooked.

I really like both but would have to go with Can't Let Her Get Away. She Drives Me Wild has great lead vocals and I like the creative sound creation. But I really like the groove of CLHGA, and the juxtaposition between the funk groove and the subdued chords works well too. Gives it that cool, kinda mysterious feeling that Dangerous (the song) has too. And Michael's harmonies are amazing in this song.

I think both could have worked well live, but CLHGA in particular. If the band would have been allowed to loosen up a bit and the funky elements emphasized, it could have been killer. I was pleasantly surprised that the brothers decided to perform this song as their band introduction song on their tour and I thought that really showed how good this song could sound with a live band.

Here's a video I found of one of their performances of it on YouTube:

Last edited:
She drives me wild, hands down. I remember hating Can't let her get away when Dangerous came out. It sure has grown on my in the years since! Two great songs. Love his falsetto in Cant let her!

Michael mastered the incorporation of every day sounds/noises on She Drives Me Wild and some other songs on Dangerous unlike Timbaland with those stupid ducks.

I googled it and found Can't Let Her Get Away is part of the movie soundtrack of The Meteor Man but I couldn't find any scene featuring the song. Here's the trailer, I don't remember watching that movie, maybe some of you did.

"Can't let her get away" is in my top 3 of Dangerous and in my Top Ten of MJ's adult Era. Perfect Groove. I'm so glad the Jacksons play it in their Tour. It reminds me also the "New Jack Swing era". YOu heard about it if you are 35+ Year Old...lol

I like both tracks, although I'm like others in this thread...the songs are the "fillers" of the Dangerous album. Dangerous was thee best album Michael ever did. It could have been better without those two songs, and songs like say For All Time & Do You Know Where Your Children Are were on there....but I digress.

I prefer She Drives Me Wild. Especially the cool little rap part in the middle.

Although both are good songs.

Back