Slave To They Rythym

I like it very much, it's a great song... I got hooked straight away! :D

Yes, bring on those sinful-minded beats that make us a slaves to the rhythm, nasty but oh so good!
moonwalk.gif

I love Slave to the Rhythmn! :yes:
Think about the lyrics behind the song though. We are caught up in being slaves to the rhythmn, yet the lyrics are about a woman who is dancing at night to try to pay for her children's welfare.
Michael's heart is always towards disadvantaged children.
''The kids must get to school?'' :yes:
Thats my interpretation of it anyway.:wub:
Michael Jackson – Slave To The Rhythm Lyrics
She dances in the sheets at nights
She dances to his needs
She dances till he feels just right
Until he falls asleep
She dances at the crack of dawn
And quickly cooks his food
She can’t be late
Can’t take too long
The kids must get to school

Dancing in the sheets?? Dances till he feels just right..?
dancing as a double entendre for a particular activity some see as a duty or chore along with a woman's other duties, such as getting the kids off to school,
cooking his meals, a woman's job is never done, etc...depending on your point of view of what constitutes an enslaved woman and what she deems a "duty".

i.e. Billy Jean: "...'Cause we danced on the floor in the round"
well, we know she didn't get pregnant by him dancing on the floor... if that were the case, we'd all be baby mama's, albeit as intoxicating as some have said...

Sometimes it's just nice to listen to a good groove without being beaten over the head with a message

Sounded like the woman in the song was a prostitute at first...until this part "and quickly cooks his food" so maybe her husband. Feels like an obligation, maybe her husband is really controlling. Slave to the Rhythm could mean different things. Slave to life (the rhythm of life) or just her particular situation, or the sexual connotations. I don't know. Every song can have a story. I'm loving these interpretations of the song. :D

Last edited:
This track is great and sounds like a classic vocal take. This sounds like it comes from either Bad or History possibly. Anyone know when it was recorded?

This song does have a message. It becomes obvious during the bridge, where he so passionately and empathetically sings about that unfortunate woman.

It isn't just some other catchy track.

This track is great and sounds like a classic vocal take. This sounds like it comes from either Bad or History possibly. Anyone know when it was recorded?

Apparently 2002...I don't have a source for that though :(

Thanks. :) i wonder if the music and vocals could have been recorded from different time periods.....the vocal has an earlier style to it....whereas the music is more technologically inclined.

Back