Some think "Morphine" was a cry for help, do you too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXAjmIhPAMY&feature=fvw

It was the first time listening to the song after his death, and it's very weird and sad at the same time to listen to it. I normally never got shivers during this song but now after he's gone...i did get them. This song means alot now, obviously....i just don't know how Michael himself was around that time.

So maybe it really wasn't nessecarily a cry for help. However..i've always wondered what he's saying at 1:35 in that song...and later in the song, once again. Anyone know?

1:35: "you heard what the doctor said" (a woman's voice/nurse?).

- missed the bit of stuff after that...

yes, this is hard to listen to now.

In this song Michael was talking about taking Morphine and then the doctor said to try some other drug..it is ok to try it..Demerol was being offered. Dr Klein was the doctor who gave him demerol? wasn't it? It was to tell the world that he knew he what he was going through and was a warning to ohters.. I could be wrong..

1:35: "you heard what the doctor said" (a woman's voice/nurse?).

- missed the bit of stuff after that...

yes, this is hard to listen to now.

according to tmz Debbie was injecting Michael with demerol.

When I first heard this song, I thought he must've took this stuff before and had a hard time with it. I thought it was a drug he didn't like and didn't want to take, but somehow, had no choice. And that song was a way to vent his anger.

But gosh, I thought he was through with the demerol and the morphine when I heard it since the song was done a long time ago.

From what I know, therapists (in any situation) tell artistic types to release their emotions about their battles (in this case, Michael's battle with drugs and other emotions - especially those which led to a dependency on drugs) in whatever they're most talented in. Michael could have released it in this song long before BotDF came out.

Personally, I think it shows how uneasy he was taking these drugs (painkillers). But it also shows that he'd been reassured;

"Relax
This won't hurt you
Before I put it in
Close your eyes and count to ten
Don't cry
I won't convert you
There's no need to dismay
Close your eyes and drift away"

That's my take on it :(

These are the bits that seem a little eery now to me.

A hot buzz baby
He's one of us baby
Another drug baby
You so desire

Trust in me
Trust in me
Put all your trust in me
You're doin' morphine

They got place baby
Kicked in the face baby
You hate your race baby
You're just a liar

Relax
This won't hurt you
Before I put it in
Close your eyes and count to ten
Don't cry
I won't convert you
There's no need to dismay
Close your eyes and drift away

Demerol
Demerol
Oh God he's taking demerol
Demerol
Demerol

He's tried
Hard to convince her
To be over what he had
Today he wants it twice as bad
Don't cry
I won't resent you
Yesterday you had his trust
Today he's taking twice as much

Demerol
Demerol
Hee-hee-hee
Demerol
Demerol
Oh my Oh God it's Demerol

when i first heard this song it made me cry. yes. i think it was a cry for help and also a warning to others not to take drugs. it surely worked for me as it was a motor for me to keep away of "tempations". it's disturbing to listen to it now. :(

Addiction or just using, the song is definitely related to Michael and his ''using'' of this drug. Who else would it be? A cry for help, yes I think so.. if not, then maybe he just wanted a personal song from what he was going through. Sad, very sad..

I don't think it was a cry for help.I don't even think that Michael had addiction to drugs,why, because you can't take those every day and perform(in this case rehearse)nobody would survive.

I do find it hard to listen to this song,listen to it the other day and bulled my eyes out :cry:morphine also makes u feel like that as i have to have it so i know abit about it but michael singing the song has already made me :cry: xxx

i Love all of Michaels songs some more then others, but i do not think that people need to over analyze his songs. You are looking for all these things in them that might and might not be there. You are searching for hidden meanings in songs that probably have none. Stop Torturing yourself. Stop looking for the needle in the haystack. Enjoy his music as if he never left.

You know...there are many MJ's songs that I listen to now and I'm thrilled - like heaven can wait. Has anyone thought about this song?? "If the angels came for me I'd tell them no..." song about DYING?????? Don't know, but when I'm listening to Invincible right now - I feel kind of odd - don't You? Unbreakeble, Invincible, Heaven can wait??? I'm having cheeling listeninig to it:(

Back