Someone pulls a fast one to grab Havenhurst

This is true Jermaine need to sit down and close his mouth. Kathrine doesn't need Havenhurst she is fine where she is. Katherine didn't want to stay in Havenhurst there was to many memories of Michael there.

Apparently, Paris is living now in Hayvenhurst. No wonder jermaine is talking about it belonging to his mother and his siblings and purposely leaving out mj's kids. Probably, the family feels the heat now. I don't believe she moved out but left her allowance to be controlled by Katherine. That's a significant drop in income for the Jacksons.

That makes the picture a whole lot clear as to why they want the house hmm. But why would Paris want to live in that big of a house?

Well she has the right to live there it belong to her father the Jacksons might as well get over it.

Kathrine doesn't need Havenhurst she is fine where she is. Katherine didn't want to stay in Havenhurst there was to many memories of Michael there.

No she didn`t want to live there. She waited to tell her decision to the Estate until they made did a big renovation for Kathrine and the kids.
And also she did a intervention at the time the Estate had selling plans because Kathrine didn`t want to come back with the kids.So she made it clear she wanted Havenhurst even she is not living there.

Last edited:
That makes the picture a whole lot clear as to why they want the house hmm. But why would Paris want to live in that big of a house?

Well she has the right to live there it belong to her father the Jacksons might as well get over it.
Back to speculation. Maybe Paris herself did this so she could move that band in there. :(

Back to speculation. Maybe Paris herself did this so she could move that band in there. :(

If Paris indeed had anything to do with this paper, Jermaine would have made it very clear considering that he could not help but show his disdain toward her even immediately after she tried to commit suicide. The man seems upset because he and his siblings are fighting to get back that house even thought it is "theirs".

Apparently, Paris is living now in Hayvenhurst. No wonder jermaine is talking about it belonging to his mother and his siblings and purposely leaving out mj's kids. Probably, the family feels the heat now. I don't believe she moved out but left her allowance to be controlled by Katherine. That's a significant drop in income for the Jacksons.

Living there with her white trash boyfriend? An almost 30 year old man latching onto a trust fund baby...for SHAME!

Mike is rolling in his tomb...

tapatalk_1461727838026_zpsl0upbodg.gif

No she didn`t want to live there. She waited to tell her decision to the Estate until they made did a big renovation for Kathrine and the kids.
And also she did a intervention at the time the Estate had selling plans because Kathrine didn`t want to come back with the kids.So she made it clear she wanted Havenhurst even she is not living there.

I remember that. She said she doesn't want to live there, but want to keep it for family weddings. Paris said she preferred to live there than Calabasas, so if she lives there, good for her. She can spend all the time in the world in the room MJ created without someone telling her to take pics and photos down.

If Paris indeed had anything to do with this paper, Jermaine would have made it very clear considering that he could not help but show his disdain toward her even immediately after she tried to commit suicide. The man seems upset because he and his siblings are fighting to get back that house even thought it is "theirs".

Why would anyone even suggest Paris having anything to do with this paper?
Eventually it will be hers anyways.

So paris is by herself?

I can't help wondering about the legality of a 'quitclaim deed' or 'A Quitclaim Deed is used to transfer property interest from one person (grantor) to another (grantee). It is most often used between people who know each other, such as family members as there is no warranty to the title.'

Execute the Deed
To execute the Quitclaim Deed, the grantor needs to sign the deed in front of a notary public. Some states require witnesses to sign the deed in addition to a notary public. Once it has been signed, the Quitclaim Deed is filed in the local County Clerk or Registry Office and sent to the grantee after it has been recorded.

https://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/quit-claim-deed-form/#.VzLErYQrJhE

That's why the story seems fishy!

IDK what it all really means but something is going on in the family, IMHO.

Paris seems to live in Hayvenhurst now and all of a sudden, the family wants control over that property.

Maybe it is more about Alejandra and her kids than Paris.

But who knows maybe by living there Paris is trying to make it clear, that this house is hers… someone doesn’t like it or doesn’t want to let the girl go.

I hope it is about Alejandra but not about taking control over Paris in such manner.

It is only speculations but in the Jackson family, everything is possible.

I know this was the Jacksons home when they first came to LA but things have change Michael brought the house from Joe and remodel it.The deed is in Michael name end of story. There is no more that can be done. If Paris is living here she has that right. I just hope this doesn't turn into a battle between Paris and the Jacksons.

I just find it odd that who every pull this fast one want Hayvenhurst now. I have to also agree it does sound fishy.

I don't believe this has anything to do with Alejandra. I'm sure Katherine knew her signature on that paper meant nothing. She may have signed it just to keep peace with someone, who knows. I'm sure she probably appreciates that Paris is living someplace in security and she knows where she is at. Paris is free to do whatever she wants and she will live with the consequences. Unless she runs off the rails completely (like Brittany Spears did) there is nothing the family can do but offer love and support. Paris can live as she pleases and enjoy her trust fund as she pleases. She has been in therapeutic treatment, she's been counseled in means to best care for herself. She can go along with what she's been advised or not. While she was in deep therapy she was not participating in social media. Soon as she was away from her counciling she came back to it. The jock boyfriend wasn't an IG hog, but the current boyfriend enjoys or needs the publicity. If she is cool with being intimate with a proud Son of the Confederate that's her business and like he said if I and others are offended by the flag of racism, too bad.

If this was a plan by the Jacksons to get Hayvenhurst or who every did it it backfire on them. MJ hold the deed and he is no long with us.

Me personally I would want that house to always be Jackson related simply for sentimental reasoning's.. To me its a historic home! I would be sad if some random bought it and no Jackson had connection to it..

That why it would be nice for Hayvenhurst to be turn into a museum then it can stay in the family this was the Jacksons first home when they came to LA that imo.

Since Neverland is way too costly, the upkeep and all, Hayvenhurst seems like a nice place to live for Paris, to feel closer to her Dad and to keep his memory alive!

4641-hayvenhurst-avenue-encino-los-angeles-ca-L-Y2T_CP.jpeg

She's made it clear that is where she prefers to live... simple answer would be that would be the home for her.. However up til the age of 18 it should always be with her guardian ie. Katherine... So I get why she had to leave!

Ivy, any idea of what is going on with this Havenhurst thingy?

05/24/2016 Notice (OF PENDENCY OF ACTION )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff

I googled that Notice of..... and found the following:
"A "notice of pendency of action" also known as a "lis pendens" is a document filed in the county records when there is a pending lawsuit concerning the title of a real estate. By filing this document, the claimant places an encumbrance on the title of the property at issue. This way, anyone who wishes to purchase that property is placed on notice of the possible issues with the property's title."

Could it be that Weitzman, on behalf of the estate did that notice thingy?

THE LIS PENDENS: A POWERFUL LEGAL TOOL
by Frank O. Brown, Jr.

You've probably heard of a "lis pendens" but may not be sure of its meaning. Because it can be a very powerful tool that helps or hurts you, it makes sense to know more about it.

What does it mean? In Latin, it means "pending lawsuit." In modern usage, it means a notice of a pending lawsuit that is recorded in county real estate records.

Who records it? It's usually filed by a plaintiff, but it can be filed by a defendant that is pursuing a counterclaim.

What's its purpose? A lis pendens provide notice of a claim involving specific real estate to potential buyers and lenders, as well as the general public.

What's the effect of providing that notice? Any buyer, lender or other person who acquires an interest in the real estate after a lis pendens is recorded is bound by the ultimate results of the pending suit. An example: Marge signs a contract to sell land to Homer. Marge believes Homer has breached the contract, so she signs a contract to sell it to Bart. Before the closing of the sale to Bart, Homer sues Marge to enforce the sale to him. At the same time, he files a lis pendens. Bart closes anyway. A year later, the court determines that Homer is entitled to enforce the sale. Bart loses the property to Homer, and Bart must now try to get his money back from Marge.

Does a lis pendens prevent a sale of or loan on real estate? Technically, no. Practically, yes. Most prospective buyers, lenders and title insurers are very reluctant to become involved with property that could be adversely impacted by a pending suit.

What information must be included in a lis pendens? The court in which the suit was filed; the name of the parties to the suit; the time the suit was filed; a description of the real estate; and a statement of the relief sought that relates to the real estate.

Can a lis pendens be recorded for any suit in which the underlying transaction or events relate to real estate? No. Significantly, a lis pendens is appropriate only when the suit seeks relief directly relating to that real estate. Classic examples include suits for specific performance of real estate contracts, cancellation of deeds and establishment of title by adverse possession. Importantly, but often overlooked, they also include suits requesting relief relating to physical conditions on real estate—for example, a suit requesting that the owner of adjacent property be required to take steps to prevent unlawful runoff onto the plaintiff's property. If a suit seeks only money and no relief relating to the real estate itself, a lis pendens is inappropriate, even though the damages sought arise from a real estate transaction or otherwise relate to real estate.

What if someone files an unauthorized lis pendens? If the suit seeks only damages or other relief that does not directly relate to the property, the court, upon request by the property owner, should strike the lis pendens.

How long does a valid lis pendens stay in the real estate records? If the suit seeks relief relating to the real estate itself, the court will normally refuse to strike it absent a decision in favor of the property owner, whether by summary judgment or trial. Thus, a lis pendens can, from a practical perspective, tie up property for years. That may, of course, be devastating for the owner and enormous leverage for the claimant. Some courts have been willing to strike a lis pendens when its filer failed to diligently pursue the underlying suit.

Does the recording of an inappropriate lis pendens constitute slander to title? The simple answer is that it depends on other factors, such as the intent of the recorder and the existence of damages. It is not a good idea to record one unless you are confident that your claims justify it.

What if the suit relates only to part of real estate but the lis pendens covers all of it? Depending on the circumstances, a court may limit the coverage of the lis pendens.

Can a lis pendens be filed without filing a lawsuit? No. By definition, it is a notice of a pending lawsuit.

Is a lis pendens the only way to provide notice to the public of a claim relating to real estate? No. A title affidavit can be recorded, but it arguably involves a higher risk of triggering a suit for slander to title than a lis pendens.

Is a lis pendens a lien on real estate? No. By itself, it does not create a lien.

Can a lis pendens properly be recorded in order to provide notice of a pending arbitration? The Georgia law addressing lis pendens only refers to suits. However, courts would probably be reluctant to strike a lis pendens premised on a pending arbitration, as long as the underlying claims otherwise justify a lis pendens. Some lawyers avoid this concern by filing a suit, even though the claims are subject to arbitration. As a practical matter, this approach generally works because, unfortunately, the Georgia Arbitration Code only allows a court to stay, not dismiss, a suit containing claims subject to arbitration.

The good news is that a lis pendens is a powerful tool that you may be able to use against someone else. The bad news is that a lis pendens is a powerful tool that someone else may be able to use against you. Either way, it's helpful to learn a bit about it.
http://www.naylornetwork.com/gah-nwl/articles/abn.asp?aid=51062&projid=3104

Back