Song battle: WBSS VS JAM.

WBSS or JAM.

• Jam

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Wanna Be Startin Something

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I didn't know any better I swear I was being interrogated by the CIA for information and they chose to torture me with that question. I'd rather spend the rest of my life in prison then answer.

God I can't decide... I'll let my iTunes play count decide :p

WBSS: 52
Jam: 79

Oh damn. I thought it was gonna be WBSS! Ok, Jam it is :)

This is easy for me I voted for Jam. Back when we still had him I used to really, really L.O.V.E. that song. I always watching the Jam video. But now it is one of my most hated MJ songs ever. There is no words to even explain of how much I truly hate that song now. Since that song just automatically makes me think about that horrible nameless day and year. When I had gotten the worst news ever about him.:boohoo I will never forget the day when I put the 6:30 pm news on. And they were showing Michael's Jam performance. From his Dangerous Bucharest concert and see those years on my tv screen. And know the once h word life I once had was truly over me.:(

I prefer Jam over WBSS, although they are both great and in my Top 20 MJ songs.

Definitely WBSS. I could do without Jam. (I like the horns tho).

Woah, you crossed the line lady!

Jam is the funkiest piece of dance music ever recorded.

Michael outdid himself with this one and the step up from Bad to Dangerous musically is summed up in this 6 minutes of relentless hybrid of NJS, funk, dance, pop and soul. From that shattering glass opening to the boom ending, it is superb.

The lyrics, the vocal delivery, THOSE FUNKING HORNS, and even the rap are just stunning. The breakdowns at the end, and that bit where the music just stops for a second before dragging you straight back in. Brilliant.

And one of his best ever short films, one of the few where I felt you really saw the true Michael. Enjoying himself and happy.

In summary, Just Awesome Music.

(You see what I did there?)

Last edited:
You should have..lol. It was a struggle but I went with WBSS. That song can get my foot a tappin' and can lift my spirits high, I swear. "Help me sing it.."

You should have..lol. It was a struggle but I went with WBSS. That song can get my foot a tappin' and can lift my spirits high, I swear. "Help me sing it.."
That's my girl!!!! I'm going to have to start slamming this thread with vids of "Wanna Be Startin Somethin'. LOL. VOTE. VOTE!!

I only say Jam because it has a music video advantage. WBSS is one of the greatest dance records ever!!!!

Damn what a difficult choice to make...they are both so good but I'm gonna say Jam....WBSS is still one of my top favourites nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After some further pondering I think i'm going with WBSS. I just love the sporadic song structure of WBSS. It was a really close call though.

Both incredible album openers, both incredible live songs. This is like choosing between my children, only worse, because I actually like both. But Jam edges out WBSS for me. Jam is one of my all time favourite MJ songs.

Plus, if you'd have chosen the other, we'd have had to change your user name to MattyWBSS.

Last edited:
I hadn't read the OP yet so I thought it was about which song we preferred and I voted WBSS. So please disregard my vote! WBSS is one of my favourite MJ songs :)

I hadn't read the OP yet so I thought it was about which song we preferred and I voted WBSS. So please disregard my vote! WBSS is one of my favourite MJ songs :)

Ha! Me too 🙄

I reckon most voted for their favourite.

You make an interesting point about the video. I wonder what a WBSS music video would've been like? I can't imagine it any other way than the live performances, but it would've had to have been something spectacular with a song that good.

Billie Jean would cameo

Back