Speechless

its just unreal to me to think that MJ voice will never be heard on any new music....it makes me incredably sad,,,,,,such a gift to music is MJ voice,,,

i absolutely adore this song!!!! i dont care where i am or what im doing, if it comes on my ipod i can never skip it. and when im down i juss need to lsn to it and it makes me feel so much better to hear his beautiful voice..

as for the meaning, i have an interview of MJ about the invincible album where he says this song was inspired by a dream he had about 2 kids who were playing together in the forest,and MJ just felt so inspired by their innocence.

Hi Mary

It is Michael's most Spiritual Song and I agree with you it is a Worship Song!!!. The anointing of God on that song is so powerful..

Michael Jackson was singing to God in that song I feel it in my bones. I have it on my MP3 player with other Christian Worship Songs, that is the category that I put it in. I have not been able to find another Gospel Songs from Michael ... which is quite sad because he had such a beautiful voice.

Awn *-* Speechless is my fave song ever! It's simply the most beautiful and touching song I've ever heard. His voice sounds so sweet And the feeling he put on this song feels so strong! Whenever I listen to Speechless I feel so good. *-*

Hi AfricanQueen! so gladd to hear someones else think about the songs like i do! i cry evertime i hear this song,,i can just picture MJ singing this song to God and he looks up....so beautiful just like our God is!

I love Speechless. I wasnt exposed to this song until I saw a fan made vid various of clips showing Michael getting easily embarrassed and adorable on youtube. The music in the background, Speechless. It fitted perfectly to Michael's pure innocent smile. I fell in love instantly to this song. My favourite part is "words like I love you" Those are magic words of pure and sincerity from Michael. I really really love that part. With this song, I would usually think why Michael left us so soon. It's really unfair :( I really missed him ! Michael's orignality, sincerity, generosity,LOVE..left me speechless with his charities work and music. I dont think we'll get to see another person like Michael in our generations to come.

its always hard to say which is you favourite michael song,but i have got to say this song is one of my all time favourites,and my sister who has just recently converted to an mj fan loves this song to after hearing it,

Hello Mary
Thank you so much it is good to find that I am not the only one who believed that Michael loved God and was singing to him in this Song. It is the most beautiful song ever.
God rest his Soul

Last edited:
I love Speechless! I can hear it over and over again, it is so beautiful. His voice are so lovely in this song. I love it! :)

woohohohohohoooooooooo *shivering*

donnn't give anybody any ideaaaaasssssssss:bugeyed lol

i'm still trying to recover from the nightmare of a remake of WATW

anybody out there, thinking of remaking the classic 'speechless'...go somewhere and siddown.

Glad to hear what you write about We Are the World, it confirms to me why I haven't yet listened to the new version..

A remake of Speechless.. same deal.. only Michael can sing that magical song..

Ahh, this song was just playing in my head! I love it to pieces, it's BEAUTIFUL.

Speechless is very a very beautiful song.
It is a tune of his beautiful mind...

I love michael・・・・

I am totally and completely obsessed with this song lately. A couple weeks ago I was driving home from work and I put this song on and I swear to God, I had one of the most beautiful, transcendent experiences I've ever had with music. I can't even explain it. I got chills all over my body for the entirety of the song and I couldn't stop crying. I truly felt like I was being filled with pure love. It was just magical. Every time I have heard this song since I have had a similar experience. It's not like I had never heard it before. I had heard it a lot and always loved it and found it profoundly beautiful. But idk, it's like I came into spiritual contact with it during that one specific listening and now I can't disconnect.

I really think this might be the most beautiful song I've ever heard in my life. It's so far beyond the vocals, the lyrics, the instrumentation, etc. There is something absolutely magical about this song. I feel like it is lifting me up into another realm of reality or something. It's really unbelievable.

Reading upthread, it's interesting to hear people say this is about God, or his children, when I had just assumed it was about a romantic relationship. But no matter what it is about, it is about LOVE. The purest, most beautiful love a person can feel. Maybe thinking of it as divine love makes the most sense. I'm not sure. But wow. This song captures the essence of the kind of love I believe in so purely in my soul. The kind of love I've always had inside of me, even when life was terrible. There's a certain part of it, as he's heading into the chorus for a second time, that I feel this complete swell of love envelope me and I feel lost in it. It's the most majestic feeling.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this :)

PS: is it better to necrobump or start a brand new thread? I've chosen the former if for no other reason then that I could use the term necrobump.

PS: is it better to necrobump or start a brand new thread? I've chosen the former if for no other reason then that I could use the term necrobump.
Gaz's guidance is clear, reactivate an old thread if it fits the subject you wanna talk about.

There is something absolutely magical about this song. I feel like it is lifting me up into another realm of reality or something.
I've had similar feelings / reactions to this song. Transcendent (sp?) is definitely the word that fits here.

Reading upthread, it's interesting to hear people say this is about God, or his children, when I had just assumed it was about a romantic relationship. But no matter what it is about, it is about LOVE.
For me it def feels more about love in its purest form, not about any particular person. But, like any good lyric, it is endlessly flexible and can fit into anyone's life or experience. Something as beautiful as this can't be tied down, imo.

The purest, most beautiful love a person can feel. Maybe thinking of it as divine love makes the most sense. I'm not sure. But wow. This song captures the essence of the kind of love I believe in so purely in my soul. The kind of love I've always had inside of me, even when life was terrible. There's a certain part of it, as he's heading into the chorus for a second time, that I feel this complete swell of love envelope me and I feel lost in it. It's the most majestic feeling.
It's quicker if I just say, All of this. lol.

as for the meaning, i have an interview of MJ about the invincible album where he says this song was inspired by a dream he had about 2 kids who were playing together in the forest,and MJ just felt so inspired by their innocence.
He actually refers here to the 'The Lost Children' song.
Reading upthread, it's interesting to hear people say this is about God, or his children, when I had just assumed it was about a romantic relationship. But no matter what it is about, it is about LOVE.
He stated in the Vibe Magazine that 'Speechless' is about the children (not his children) with whom he had a water balloon fight in Germany.

He actually refers here to the 'The Lost Children' song.

He stated in the Vibe Magazine that 'Speechless' is about the children (not his children) with whom he had a water balloon fight in Germany.
Yes, I've seen this but songs work better for me when I have my own interpretation of the lyrics. It's always interesting to know what a lyricist was thinking of when they wrote stuff but I rarely think about that when I'm listening to the song.

The vocals on speechless are incredible and I love the verses. Just wish they were longer.

I'm not the biggest fan of the chorus though as it comes across as a bit corny.

I am totally and completely obsessed with this song lately. A couple weeks ago I was driving home from work and I put this song on and I swear to God, I had one of the most beautiful, transcendent experiences I've ever had with music. I can't even explain it. I got chills all over my body for the entirety of the song and I couldn't stop crying. I truly felt like I was being filled with pure love. It was just magical. Every time I have heard this song since I have had a similar experience. It's not like I had never heard it before. I had heard it a lot and always loved it and found it profoundly beautiful. But idk, it's like I came into spiritual contact with it during that one specific listening and now I can't disconnect.

I really think this might be the most beautiful song I've ever heard in my life. It's so far beyond the vocals, the lyrics, the instrumentation, etc. There is something absolutely magical about this song. I feel like it is lifting me up into another realm of reality or something. It's really unbelievable.

Reading upthread, it's interesting to hear people say this is about God, or his children, when I had just assumed it was about a romantic relationship. But no matter what it is about, it is about LOVE. The purest, most beautiful love a person can feel. Maybe thinking of it as divine love makes the most sense. I'm not sure. But wow. This song captures the essence of the kind of love I believe in so purely in my soul. The kind of love I've always had inside of me, even when life was terrible. There's a certain part of it, as he's heading into the chorus for a second time, that I feel this complete swell of love envelope me and I feel lost in it. It's the most majestic feeling.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this :)

Wouw…this is interesting!

^^ found a quote:

from the VIBE interview http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/interviews/vibemaginterview.html

and here's another quote about Speechless

from the radio chat http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/interviews/onlineaudiochat.html

I think the kids are Franziska and Anton Schleiter. He gave them special thanks on the Invincible-album.
They spoke also in a rare interview about him (the famliy did a interview in German TV after Leaving Neverland in order to defend him.
In this interview they said he was in their house (Hamburg) and he came upstairs and said "I just wrote a beautivul song and it was "Speechless".
They showed also some private tape-material with him and some photos.
I think they knew him since 1995 and were in connection with him until his death.

Song is too short. If the parts in between the acapella were longer, it might have been a true classic.

Back