Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary

I just think that BAD25 could have gone into more detail with Michael as a songwriter.

Surely their's footage of him writing and harmonizing song's? there are melody ideas etc. as you heard on the deposition..

Does no body remember the documentary Michael Jackson: The Man, The Myth, The legend? It was similar to The Legend continues and even had footage from the same interviews and such, Haven't been able to find it anywhere at all, great footage though.
I don't remember that documentary. I DO remember the little one called "Michael Jackson: the Magic Returns" that played right before the world premiere of "Bad". It was great and got me all worked up-then "Bad" started. That was just an amazing night.
I had just bought my first VCR, got it on tape, and watched it over and over and over and over and over.

I don't remember that documentary. I DO remember the little one called "Michael Jackson: the Magic Returns" that played right before the world premiere of "Bad". It was great and got me all worked up-then "Bad" started. That was just an amazing night.
I had just bought my first VCR, got it on tape, and watched it over and over and over and over and over.

That thing had one of the most epic endings ever.. "How will he move? What will he look like? What will he sound like? One thing we know for sure.. here he comes." LOVED that bit!

Any updates on this? Any reasons behind it? No Off The Wall anniversary, what would the marketing angle be for this one?

I just think that BAD25 could have gone into more detail with Michael as a songwriter.

Lee could only use past footage that Estate/Sony owned. Estate/Sony most likely do not own the clip you posted.

Lee could only use past footage that Estate/Sony owned. Estate/Sony most likely do not own the clip you posted.

Is this the footage of MJ in the studio recording and working on Another Part of Me? It was probably MJ's camera crew. Assuming it was Disney's (since ya know, Captain EO) I don't see why they would've refused permission to use it... unless the price demanded was too high and the Estate refused to pay it? Hmm...:thinking:

Historic, I am unsure if Michael's camera crew filmed APOM footage. It is a current legal matter regarding who owns the the Vogue/Ebony photoshoot and that was Michael's cameras as well. If APOM's footage is owned by Disney, it could be Estate/Sony is not aware it even exist. Please note that Disney owned television network(s) aired the Bad25 documentary in the U.S.

An update on the project here...

''More information about the documentary of the album 'Off the Wall' from Michael Jackson being conducted by Spike Lee.

Another was revealed as being the writer of She's Out of My Life , Tom Bahler will be giving his input.

More information at any time by MJBEATS''

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));Post by Michael Jackson Brasil.

^^that should be good. He has a YT channel that has some good stuff and sweet comments on it.

^^that should be good. He has a YT channel that has some good stuff and sweet comments on it.

I'm curious if when he's being interviewed.. they will show clips of SOOML from the Triumph Tour.. they should really insert some concert footage.. especially if there will be no concert release

23st53k.jpg

Last edited:

I have a feeling a deluxe edition will not be on the way.. nevertheless, i'm glad Spike is acquiring some great interviewees.

Another update...

''Two big names just recorded their holdings to the highly anticipated documentary "Off The Wall" : Stevie Wonder and Berry Gordy (Motown founder). The documentary recordings are in full swing ! Just yesterday , as we reported, it was the turn of Tom Bahler (music writer "She's Out Of My Life") be interviewed. The production, which has no set title, is directed by Spike Lee - director of videos for "They Do not Care About Us" in addition to the acclaimed documentary "BAD 25".

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));Post by Michael Jackson Brasil.

Just please no Bieber & Kanye this time!

And no "Where were you when MJ died"! It is irrelevant to the topic!

would be nice if Bruno Mars was to be involved, you can feel the influence from 'Off The Wall' flowing through him.

Siedah Garrett posted this pic on Faceboook

10984025_10206057807388854_3131503679586858348_n.jpg

was she even part of 'Off The Wall'? or is he getting most of the exact same guests?

My guess is that she's there to talk about the influence the album had on her

She wasn't.

I can understand Stevie being called back, but i don't think influence is enough to be part of the docu again.. i'd rather see his brother's talking about Michael drifting towards a solo career and also discussing the two tours during that time... plus.. WHERE'S ROD TEMPERTON AND BRUCE SWEDIEN??? i want Quincy to be there too

Why Siedah??

I can understand Stevie being called back, but i don't think influence is enough to be part of the docu again.. i'd rather see his brother's talking about Michael drifting towards a solo career and also discussing the two tours during that time... plus.. WHERE'S ROD TEMPERTON AND BRUCE SWEDIEN??? i want Quincy to be there too

Yeah, it would be cool to see Jacksons in there BUT NOT Randy, NOT Jermaine and NOT LaToya! Quincy, Bruce & Rod are essential. They have to be in it. It would also be cool if Paul McCartney is in it.

Stevie has to be there since he wrote I Can't Help It. But I do not see the point in Siedah being in it. Yes, in Bad 25, but she had nothing to do with OTW. She will probably just talk about the influence the album had on her or something. Hopefully this isn't a sign of not enough material.

Yeah, it would be cool to see Jacksons in there BUT NOT Randy, NOT Jermaine and NOT LaToya! Quincy, Bruce & Rod are essential. They have to be in it. It would also be cool if Paul McCartney is in it.

Well, if you listen to the demos of DSTYGE and WDAN Randy was on them, so I think he could contribute to this. Whatever feelings some fans may have about him he was a part of Michael's history, esp. during this era. They wrote songs together for the Jacksons albums and Randy played some instruments on Michael's demos, so he could tell a story or two.

Why Siedah??
I was wondering about Siedah as well as Berry. (Now, I love Berry-but he's Motown, not Epic).
I hope they interview Greg Philliganes for sure since he worked on both Triumph and Off the Wall and helped Michael bring his songs to Quincy's studio the way they should be. And Randy, LaToya AND Janet were on the album. So hope they are included.
I really hope he shows a lot of the Triumph tour since they more or less turned it into the "Off the Wall" tour during its run. Michael even calls it that in his book.
AND I want to see Sylvia Chase's interview in there too.

Stevie wrote I Can't Help It. He has to be in it.

''I CAN understand Stevie being called back'' or are you blind?

Back