Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary

I wouldn't get your hopes up...

Haha it's allgood, my hopes aren't up in the slightest. There are a number of potential MJ projects that interest me more personally than the release of the Triumph tour :)

No she wasn't and they said she's gonna talk about performing those songs with him, but even that is untrue. Her only connection to OTW is singing IJCSLY right before She's out of my life. Whatever... Lol

Well I guess she backing vocals for "working day&night" on the dangerous tour... that's the only OTW song I can think of that she's "connected" to I guess

SO glad to see Berry there. Hoping we get Diana Ross too- she had such an influence on his solo career. MJ even did Rock With You with her on a Diana special, and performed a bit of Upside Down with her. Plus the fact Michael met Quincy on the set of the Wiz. Others I'd love to see (mostly dreaming)

Stevie Wonder
Smokey Robinson
Paul McCartney
Bruce
Greg
Quincy
Rod
The Jackson (Marlon, Jackie & Tito.... preferably)
Foot

---------------------
Beyonce (Love hearing her talk about this album)
Bruno Mars

Yes, but you implied that i said he shouldn't be there. When in fact that is complete BS, he should certainly be there. He wrote the best song on the record, don't twist my words again. Okay????

I did not imply anything. Re-read my post. I'm not twisting your words at all. I guess it was a misunderstanding. It's all cool.

How do you know it wouldn't turn up well? He should be restricted to stay on topic and talk about the music. It will not be about his attitude towards the Estate.

Ok, maybe it's just me. I can't stand those 2 and La Toya. I actually hate La Toya. I don't hate Randy and Jermaine but I strongly dislike them.

Michael loved Randy.

Especially during the trial when he didn't want to see him. When Randy slammed his car into the Neverland gates. And when he tried to scam MJ for his catalog.

Especially during the trial when he didn't want to see him. When Randy slammed his car into the Neverland gates. And when he tried to scam MJ for his catalog.

I'm speaking in terms of the 'Off The Wall' era.

No she wasn't and they said she's gonna talk about performing those songs with him, but even that is untrue. Her only connection to OTW is singing IJCSLY right before She's out of my life. Whatever... Lol

She sang background vocals though, on tour. Working Day And Night.

I'm speaking in terms of the 'Off The Wall' era.

Of course. Back then it was all love. MJ, Janet & Randy were the closest.

Randy is actually on OTW too so, he could be? I'd say its unlikely.

I guess the Estate isn't behind the film :cheeky:

I am sure Estate is behind the project. Kathrine, Jackie, Tito and Marlon were also part of the Immortal-docu, also a official Estate-project.
When they get a check they are on board. No check they are not on board like on Bad 25, the whole family was sient about the documentation.

This said I am really not intrested in seeing Latoya, Randy and Jermaine in the documentation.

Don't ask me why, but Lee Daniels is also on board

a5381f63b236988cb812402b2ca94f81.jpg

^^ Weird.. looks like he's getting random people to discuss inspiration again...

Don't ask me why, but Lee Daniels is also on board

a5381f63b236988cb812402b2ca94f81.jpg

He was influenced by the Jackson family. His extremely successful U.S. television series, Empire, is based on a fictional U.S. African-American family from humble beginnings who are building a musical dynasty.

He also wrote a movie for Janet that eventually was completed with Mariah Carey due to late funding for the project.

It is a good sign that Lee may be gathering some great interviews (and other footage) about Michael's beginnings and how that lead to OTW.

It's nice to get peoples perspective who were just outsiders observing Michael in this era, too.

I'm getting worried that we haven't seen anything of Rod, Quincy or Bruce...

Maybe it will be just old footage like it was in Bad25. I'm 99% sure Quincy won't be in the doc. And 90% sure that Rod would not be either. I think Bruce may be. Bruce is still cool. Both Quincy and Rod had problems with MJ and/or his Estate (lawsuits, refusal to release Best Of Joy verse...).

There's many reasons why he might not have released images of him with them.

1. He might not have taken photos with them.
2. He might have taken photos but just decided not to upload them.
3. He's still conducting interviews and might not have got around to them (be it for scheduling reasons or whatever).

Also what Onir stated :)

Who is he?

Tygger literally posted who he was at the first post of this page.

As for Rod, Quincy, and Bruce, he might just not have gotten to them yet. He's probably still shooting interviews.

Quincy wasn't involved with the BAD documentary, so there's a chance he won't be involved with this either. Then again, he has said that Off The Wall is his favourite album that he worked with MJ on, so maybe he'll want to talk about this

Given that the lawsuit Quincy filed against the estate and Sony is still going on, I don't think he'll participate on any documentaries.

What I didn't like about the Bad documentary was all the current and ''trendy'' celebrities that were interviewed. IMO interviewing people like Chris Brown and Justin Bieber was a waste of time. I don't care what they think

I assume they will show this at some point?

hopefully without the dubbed audio though.

I assume they will show this at some point?

hopefully without the dubbed audio though.
I HOPE they show this clip. I probably watch this at least once a day. :). Lee Daniels new show, Empire, mentions Michael or the Jacksons a few times in every episode. They're obviously a gigantic influence on him.

And if they have any contemporary artists, I think it should be Bruno Mars, Pharrell and Justin Timberlake. They're all obviously influenced by OTW.
In fact, Bruno's 'When I was your Man' is SOOML with a different melody.

Have your views but, Michael Jackson is NOT his estate. Anyone participating and/or not participating most likely does so because of their relationship to Michael and their feelings about the project, not his executors.

Given that the lawsuit Quincy filed against the estate and Sony is still going on, I don't think he'll participate on any documentaries.

and if Iam honest I can not see that it would help really the documentation. He repeats himself over and over again, kind of boring anyway and his contributions since 2009 to Michael have only worsened. So it seems really useful to add Quincy in the form of archive interviews and material in the documentary as they did in Bad 25. Thousand times better to hear Bruno Mars talking about Michael and his art. I am sure Bruce Swedien will be in it with new interviews.
Rod Temperton, I can not remember any IVs with him. When did he give his last interviews to Michael or anyone?

Back