[Spoiler Alert] Spike Lee Bad 25 Documentary UK Premiere & Fan Reviews

For me personally, it's fine. I know I'm going to be amazed. However based on what I saw today I think that some people will not be satisfied with the quality. I think people should wait for the dvd to judge the quality properly.

Thankyou :)

What about the Wembley quality?

"Lorraine ?@MJfanForAllTime
For anyone wondering about quality of London show we will get on DVD, it's not great. I don't even care, but I know some do."

How does she know that?

Supposedly Wembley Man in the Mirror performance is played at the end of the documentary

As of now we know that it's not perfect. The close ups look fine but the wide shots looks pixalated on the big screen. Some fans think it might be a pre-restoration version as the colors etc didn't look sharp. Some believe they can't fairly judge the DVD quality as the big cinema screen is not really comparable to normal screens.

Cannot wait, thanks for providing us with some amazing reports.

Supposedly Wembley Man in the Mirror performance is played at the end of the documentary

As of now we know that it's not perfect. The close ups look fine but the wide shots looks pixalated on the big screen. Some fans think it might be a pre-restoration version as the colors etc didn't look sharp. Some believe they can't fairly judge the DVD quality as the big cinema screen is not really comparable to normal screens.

I don't expect a great quality but because the quality is bad on the documentary doesn't mean it's going to be bad on TV. You said it it could be an image pre restoration. My question was more about did someone from the Estate or Spike Lee confirmed it was the restored image or not?

:unsure:

Footage was shown in the documentary.

When I say not great, I don't mean awful.
It's fine for me but know some want much better quality.
It's not perfect is what I meant but I think we all knew that.

"Lorraine ?@MJfanForAllTime
For anyone wondering about quality of London show we will get on DVD, it's not great. I don't even care, but I know some do."

How does she know that?

My question was more about did someone from the Estate or Spike Lee confirmed it was the restored image or not?

I don't think anyone asked that question. We are all speculating at this moment I believe.

:unsure:

Footage was shown in the documentary.

When I say not great, I don't mean awful.
It's fine for me but know some want much better quality.
It's not perfect is what I meant but I think we all knew that.

I think you didn't want to say it looked good, with people judging it and comparing it to HD material. But I think based on what you said to me on twitter, it will be more than enjoyable :)

?@KaisaJesta
@Ivy_4MJ And @SpikeLee isn't opposed to doing other documentaries about MJ's other albums. Branca would love that as well.

?@KaisaJesta
@Ivy_4MJ Branca has been listening to a lot of HIStory lately and regards it as one of his favourite albums.

?@KaisaJesta
@Ivy_4MJ One of the Estate's dream projects is to remaster HIStory Munich and convert it to 3D for a cinema release.

?@KaisaJesta
@Ivy_4MJ Branca also admitted that the Estate thought they had more than they actually did in terms of concert footage.

---------------------------

Guys Jesta and Amie told me that they recorded the Q&A session. In a few hours to day we would probably be able to watch it. :)

Hi guys,

I've just got back home. Some pics/vids from my phone here: http://s1148.photobucket.com/albums/o569/ALandsborough/Live London Premiere Bad 25 Documentary/ I will be uploading higher quality video and pics from my camera (to that link location) shortly. Between myself and Jesta I think we videoed all of the Q&A.

You're going to have to forgive me, I felt quite emotional for some reason, and thus my memory is a bit all over the place.

John and Spike spoke a bit before the documentary started (I have video). Afterwards, Jesta, Lindsay and another member (I'm ever so sorry, can't remember his username!) spoke to John briefly, and shook his hand (I think he deserved that). I'd like to point out John stayed until he'd spoken to EVERY fan that wanted to speak to him, and was very gracious, kind and friendly.

We were sat front row and everyone was greeted by free popcorn and water!

So, to summarise at this point things that stuck out in my mind: -

Tatiana was interviewed and discussed TWYMMF shoot. Joe Pytka also discussed this. Joe said that Tatiana was told not to kiss Michael, as they thought it would be cheesy, plus Michael was too shy for that. However, Tatiana then says when Michael lended in for the hug she could smell that his breathe was minty. This got a big laugh. Joe said at one point he told Michael to just f*** her and get it over with! (Also got a big laugh, as you can imagine).

They show a brief (good quality) clip of when Tatiana kissed Michael on stage. It was a very brief kiss.

Footage of Stevie and Michael in the studio (good quality) recording APOM. Michael's voice is STUNNING. Spike asks people why that song ended up on the album, as he considers it weak (he addresses this in Q&A).

Footage of Michael and Siedah recording IJCSLY (good quality), and Michael singing in Spanish. Again, stunning vocal. Siedah speaks of Michael throwing popcorn at her face while she had her eyes shut recording her part.

Good quality and cuts of various shows (I think) of Michael singing Another Part of Me.

Man In The Mirror Wembley footage was shown. I honestly don't know if this was post or prior enhancement, but I have to be honest, it wasn't very good. The close up shots were fine, but on the panned out shots you couldn't make out features.

Bad behind the scenes footage - Shows Michael climbing up into the roof of the subway before the beginning where he jumps down. Shows when he pulling the guy's arm and telling him run away. Then they talk about how Michael accidentally hurt the guy's arm. Martin wanted another shot, but Michael didn't want to hurt the guy again. In the end they used the original shot. Also, shows the end of Bad, where Michael goes SHHH moving his finger...the original ending without that bit. Michael pats the guys on the arms and stuff. That got a big laugh.

A lot of the other footage in the documentary was comprised of stuff you can find on YouTube. Namely: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9jPsyb0HrI (Got big laughs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg6Xa8zadLQ (Opens the documentary)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyagHEpFCIU

Fingers crossed Bad 25 does come on tv before christmas really looking forward to it

*sorry if this is posted twice*
Was amazing!! 9.5/10 and the only reason its not 10/10 is I think after 2 or 3 songs they rushed through them a little bit. I hoped they would of shown and spoke more about Liberian girl, Dirty Diana but its not a biggie because Spike still gave good insight. was not much talking for Another part of me but instead a perfromance. They go in depth on Bad, Smooth Criminal, I just cant stop loving you and Man in the Mirror. The end footage was great and is the one being released, quality wasnt top notch but I expected that; because its such a meserising performance you forget its not 100% and enjoy it anyway. The footage was great; showing behind the scenes of the short films and in studio. Only thing I was hoping for was (seen as they showed the Raisins commercial) that they would show the pepsi and behind the scenes of those. I think everyone will enjoy it, its pretty much everything you could want. Wish it would be cinema release so everyone could FEEL the music and see it on a big screen, so glad I went and luckily got in seen as I was not on guest list.

Nope, I saw the promo months ago on yt.
We are discussing the Wembley DVD the Estate will be releasing. Not sure what you are speaking of ? :scratch:
unless it was that first tv add with low quality footage -which is not any indication of what will be on the DVD

I will do a full write-up within the next two or so hours and once I receive all the footage and photos from Amie and Lindsey, I will create a small featurette on the day, along with the "full" Q&A session.

Thank you very much. I can't wait to see it and I am happy the dvd will have extra footage.

I thought it was funny how someone asked Spike about TDCAU and Michael told him he could pick any song to direct and he picked Stranger in Moscow and Michael said no he wanted him to do TDCAU lol.

This is the kind of respect Michael deserves.

I hope Michael's children will see it since it is decicated to them and katherine. They can see how hard their dad worked.

I will do a full write-up within the next two or so hours and once I receive all the footage and photos from Amie and Lindsey, I will create a small featurette on the day, along with the "full" Q&A session.

Great cant wait :)

If they really want to restore HIStory Tour from Munich and put in 3D... WOW! Maybe they'll put the live BOTDF vocals from July 6th :D I'd love to see this on big screen. But I hope they will mix the audio with another show as Mike's voice was in really bad condition during this show :)

I'm really looking foward to this!

So John Branca was there! It was better than Paris, Spike lee didn't speak that much and didn't wear a bad t-shirt lol!

I didn't want to say too much because I think that if you expect too much you can be disappointed sometimes.

Some footage are still in my head... Can't wait to have the dvd and watch it again!

If they really want to restore HIStory Tour from Munich and put in 3D... WOW! I'd love to see this on big screen. But I hope they will mix the audio with another show as Mike's voice was in really bad condition during this show :)

That was the Munich show. Nothing should be changed at all.

How did you pull this off?

*sorry if this is posted twice*
Was amazing!! 9.5/10 and the only reason its not 10/10 is I think after 2 or 3 songs they rushed through them a little bit. I hoped they would of shown and spoke more about Liberian girl, Dirty Diana but its not a biggie because Spike still gave good insight. was not much talking for Another part of me but instead a perfromance. They go in depth on Bad, Smooth Criminal, I just cant stop loving you and Man in the Mirror. The end footage was great and is the one being released, quality wasnt top notch but I expected that; because its such a meserising performance you forget its not 100% and enjoy it anyway. The footage was great; showing behind the scenes of the short films and in studio. Only thing I was hoping for was (seen as they showed the Raisins commercial) that they would show the pepsi and behind the scenes of those. I think everyone will enjoy it, its pretty much everything you could want. Wish it would be cinema release so everyone could FEEL the music and see it on a big screen, so glad I went and luckily got in seen as I was not on guest list.

http://youtu.be/MDqIX2jTQh4 is this Another Part of Me in documentary? I take it from an italian program of 31 august before the anteprime of Bad 25 documentary...I change the title if it's from Bad 25 documentary

No new music is heard in the film, save for Don't Be Messin' 'Round, which plays during the credits as its only song.

If they really want to restore HIStory Tour from Munich and put in 3D... WOW! Maybe they'll put the live BOTDF vocals from July 6th :D I'd love to see this on big screen. But I hope they will mix the audio with another show as Mike's voice was in really bad condition during this show :)

Thats gonna be awesome

That was the Munich show. Nothing should be changed at all.

I see that lately, you disagree with anything I say ;) But you're right... if it was Munich, it should be Munich. But it won't be nice experience to hear Michael bothering while trying to sing WBSS and IBT :(

Back