[Spoiler Alert] Spike Lee Bad 25 Documentary UK Premiere & Fan Reviews

I see that lately, you disagree with anything I say ;) But you're right... if it was Munich, it should be Munich. But it won't be nice experience to hear Michael bothering while trying to sing WBSS and IBT :(

Haha, no it's just a difference of opinion :) It's not the best show to release by along way. I'd love Prague because of the opening night energy :D

They're choosing Munich because it was filmed in HD and it's therefore the best source to work with when it would come to the restoring and 3D conversion process.

To Andreijackson: (forgot to quote, sorry)

Re: [Spoiler Alert] Spike Lee Bad 25 Documentary UK Premiere & Fan Reviews
http://youtu.be/MDqIX2jTQh4 is this Another Part of Me in documentary? I take it from an italian program of 31 august before the anteprime of Bad 25 documentary...I change the title if it's from Bad 25 documentary

Yes...I think so..... I'm sure I remember that girl screaming..... I think it was better quality though.

They're choosing Munich because it was filmed in HD and it's therefore the best source to work with when it would come to the restoring and 3D conversion process.

I understand HD, but Copenhagen wasn't shot in HD but it was broadcast in HD, same with MSG. Why 3D? TII maybe, but HWT? Doesn't make alot of sense for 3D. I'd gladly buy Munich Blu-Ray though.

But Munich was FILMED in HD, and therefore the footage will be easier to convert and the quality will look better than something that wasn't filmed in HD, but was only broadcast. As for why it'll be 3D, I can only speculate it's to keep Michael in the current era. The premise of a 3D MJ concert is great, and Munich is the perfect candidate because of how it was filmed and the fact that it's complete and fully edited already.

But Munich was FILMED in HD, and therefore the footage will be easier to convert and the quality will look better than something that wasn't filmed in HD, but was only broadcast. As for why it'll be 3D, I can only speculate it's to keep Michael in the current era. The premise of a 3D MJ concert is great, and Munich is the perfect candidate because of how it was filmed and the fact that it's complete and fully edited already.

Ah right. Got ya, definitely would be a good watch if done well.

We are discussing the Wembley DVD the Estate will be releasing. Not sure what you are speaking of ? :scratch:
unless it was that first tv add with low quality footage -which is not any indication of what will be on the DVD

It's an official promo, I saw it on MJ's vevo channel : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALT7dvKmop8
@0:28 it's clear the quality is meh..I'm not mad ya know it's too late :lol: !!!!

Gold pants in 3D... :shifty:

I'm pretty sure my hand somehow would grab his crotch :shifty:

Not the right place to ask, but since we're talking about HWT... Does anyone know if the Dangerous Tour was shot on film? Or maybe a few concerts? 'Cause that tour on Blu-Ray would be amazing. And I think it would be a better cinema release then HIStory Tour.

On the Wembley quality, out of the approximately three qualities they used of general Bad tour footage throughout, it was the worst but not by much. I would say that the Tatiana footage was fairly sub-par, and only a couple of steps up from the VHS. But for a VHS, it looks incredible and it is watchable. But the limitations of the source have to be taken into account and Branca himself admitted that the Estate have far less Bad Tour footage than they initially anticipated.

On the Wembley quality, out of the approximately three qualities they used of general Bad tour footage throughout, it was the worst but not by much. I would say that the Tatiana footage was fairly sub-par, and only a couple of steps up from the VHS. But for a VHS, it looks incredible and it is watchable. But the limitations of the source have to be taken into account and Branca himself admitted that the Estate have far less Bad Tour footage than they initially anticipated.

FINALLY! Someone who gets it. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: This will not be a HD release. It looks amazing for a VHS, and when people grasp that, they'll enjoy it so much more.

The mix they used for the Wembley footage at the end was incredible, though. They pumped up the crowd noise so that it really felt like you were there at Wembley with the masses watching Michael. It was one of those almost transcending moments. I doubt the mix will be used in the Wembley DVD because it was somewhat hard to hear Michael's vocals in places, but it was so appropriate for the end of the film.

You were also watching it on a huge movie screen. I ask again wouldnt the quality greatly improve on a PC or Tv screen as it is intended to be watched. We know they can't restore that VHS to a quality exceptable for a huge cinema screen.

You were also watching it on a huge movie screen. I ask again wouldnt the quality greatly improve on a PC or Tv screen as it is intended to be watched. We know they can't restore that VHS to a quality exceptable for a huge cinema screen.

I completely agree. I completely believe that the quality will be even better than what I saw if it was on a smaller screen. Not by a whole lot, but it will be more watchable.

he considers APOM weak?????

He doesn't understand why it made the album. Also, why when you have Stevie and Michael, why neither one of them wrote a track, instead of APOM. Either Spike or someone in the doc said something along the lines of APOM being a coffee break moment midway through the album.

Every interviewee is asked "Where were you when Michael Jackson died?" and what followed was a montage of reactions.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Most, if not all ended in tears and they all spoke extremely highly of Michael when they reminisced about him at this point. The most heartbreaking was Vincent Patterson's who broke down and said about how much he cared for him. He started tearing up earlier when recalling that one of Michael's biggest wishes was to just be able to go to a party and sit alone in a corner. Then Seth Riggs recounted over how he yelled at the person who told him the bad news on June 25th because he couldn't believe it. The pain in his eyes was the most raw and sincere that I had seen in a person discussing Michael.

-----------------------------------------------------

I placed that in the big box because I know that such things would be difficult to read for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Qbees is right, a VHS recording blown up on a massive screen like that is bound to look more pixelated, which it did.

He doesn't understand why it made the album. Also, why when you have Stevie and Michael, why neither one of them wrote a track, instead of APOM. Either Spike or someone in the doc said something along the lines of APOM being a coffee break moment midway through the album.

I'm pretty sure you mean Just Good Friends?

Amie I believe they were discussing the song Stevie and MJ did together Just good friends not APOM :)

Not the right place to ask, but since we're talking about HWT... Does anyone know if the Dangerous Tour was shot on film? Or maybe a few concerts? 'Cause that tour on Blu-Ray would be amazing. And I think it would be a better cinema release then HIStory Tour.

Every Dangerous show was professionally filmed, where the footage is at now? I personally dont know.

Ah man. I can't wait to see this. I'm glad to hear everyone who was lucky enough to go had a great time :)

But not every Dangerous show was shot on film... I don't know if any were shot on film. The best bet would've been Bucharest due to the plans to release it, but we know that it wasn't. So whether it was shot on film is anyone's guess.

Every Dangerous show was professionally filmed, where the footage is at now? I personally dont know.

It'd be my dream come true if they do a similar project for Dangerous. May be Dangerous 25 in 2017?

Back go BAD 25, I can't wait to see the documentary on ABC in November.

Thanks all for your reviews. I'm glad you guys had wonderful time in the premier.

I thought they didn't film any tour on film apart from Bad because they didn't need to. DWT and HWT were shot on some form of video, and the quality would be/is brilliant.

Thanks. Well, I think that a DWT Blu-Ray would be amazing, not much playback and a lot of energy. Not Bucharest though, we already had that one.
But anyway, i wish one day all MJ's tours end up on Blu-Ray, but if I could choose one for cinema and 3-D release, that would be the Dangerous Tour for sure.

Back