[Spoiler Alert] Spike Lee Bad 25 Documentary UK Premiere & Fan Reviews

But not every Dangerous show was shot on film... I don't know if any were shot on film. The best bet would've been Bucharest due to the plans to release it, but we know that it wasn't. So whether it was shot on film is anyone's guess.

lol i know for a fact that every Bad, Dangerous, and HIStory Tour concert were recorded, they had to atleast bring cameras for the big screen, its just that shows never meant to be on DVD were stored on lower quality film and not stored very well for money reasons.

lol i know for a fact that every Bad, Dangerous, and HIStory Tour concert were recorded, they had to atleast bring cameras for the big screen, its just that shows never meant to be on DVD were stored on lower quality film and stored really bad for money reasons.

Yes, but there's a difference between shooting something on 35mm/16mm and shooting it on video. I'm certain that every Dangerou show was shot on video, but I doubt that many - if any - were shot on film and could therefore be upscaled to HD quality.

Yes, but there's a difference between shooting something on 35mm/16mm and shooting it on video. I'm certain that every Dangerou show was shot on video, but I doubt that many - if any - were shot on film and could therefore be upscaled to HD quality.

I imagine from what I've heard, they recorded each show like Bucharest, but not as good because they had to go the extra mile for Bucharest to look amazing for a release

It'd be my dream come true if they do a similar project for Dangerous. May be Dangerous 25 in 2017?

Back go BAD 25, I can't wait to see the documentary on ABC in November.

Thanks all for your reviews. I'm glad you guys had wonderful time in the premier.

John Branca (when asked about the possibility of similar films for other albums eg Dangerous ) said 'Absolutely'.. he added that History was a personal favourite of his.

Massive thanks to everyone that went along to the film and took the time to post their thoughts and info on it. Sounds incredible. Would love if they did Dangerous25 and HIStory25 releases in the same fashion as Bad25. It's brilliant to have some positivity and excitement back in the fan community. 12 days until the 14th!

Massive thanks to everyone that went along to the film and took the time to post their thoughts and info on it. Sounds incredible. Would love if they did Dangerous25 and HIStory25 releases in the same fashion as Bad25. It's brilliant to have some positivity and excitement back in the fan community. 12 days until the 14th!

Having these new concerts released for every 25th anniversary makes me feel like im living back in the late 80's and 90's. Me being born in 1997, its a great way to feel the same (or a small taste) excitement that the fans did back then. I really like anticipating things like this, hopefully my kids in the future will get to see a Bad 50 or something, and i'll tell them all about whats happening today and how MJ was always better than any artist of my time, even on a DVD!

Spike said that he would never make a biopic about Michael because no-one would meet his standards to play the lead role; Michael is too iconic for anyone to play him.

Branca also said before the film that it was a lot like This Is It, as This Is It showed Michael in the middle of the creative process while Bad 25 shows Michael seeing that project to the end. He also said that it was great that there is a definitive documentation of an album being made, in the same way that This Is It was a documentation of a concert being made.

On possible Dangerous Tour release... Regarding the quality of the Bucharest official release and having in mind that in fact it's a mix of various performances from DWT (wich we know for sure), Estate could've release some really good quality shows of DWT :) It'd be awesome to see Munich opening night and one of Wembley nights from which we have Jam performance :) The best Jam ever! :)

Everything is in the Estate hands ;)

This film was a masterpiece.

Highlights:

- Behind the scenes footage and out takes from Bad short film
- Alternate ending to Bad short film
- Michael and Siedah recording IJCSLY in the studio
- Michael recording the Spanish version of IJCSLY in the studio
- Michael and Stevie Wonder recording Just Good Friends
- Several of Michael's notes shown about the songs
- Two alternate takes from different angles of the Smooth Criminal lean including one where a dancer falls over
- Different performance of APOM from Bad Tour - looked to be a mix of Paris and somewhere else but wasn't the same ones as the video
- The entire take of MJ's scene at the end of Liberian girl - he filmed it in one take while the car engine was still running!
- The full Tatiana kiss from MSG
- Tour of Hayvenhurst studio with Matt Forger
- Behind the scenes of Leave Me Alone
- Dirty Diana short film was originally meant to end with a rain scene on the stage but Michael couldn't film it cos he hurt his knees from spinning and dropping down
- Video shot by Michael of Siedah singing MITM demo and Michael snapping his fingers in time
- Funny stories about Michael going out in disguise
- A sad story about how Michael had got all dressed up to meet his brothers one time during the Bad era and they never showed up
- Audio of Michael's vocal warm ups
- Complete California raisins commercial and video of Michael showing how he wanted the characters to be in the commercial
- Complete MITM performance from Wembley July 16th - will blow you away. Raw and powerful. No crowd shots. No cuts. Just Michael up close
- Don't Be Messin Round is played during the end credits

Having these new concerts released for every 25th anniversary makes me feel like im living back in the late 80's and 90's. Me being born in 1997, its a great way to feel the same (or a small taste) excitement that the fans did back then. I really like anticipating things like this, hopefully my kids in the future will get to see a Bad 50 or something, and i'll tell them all about whats happening today and how MJ was always better than any artist of my time, even on a DVD!

It is fantastic for the younger fans to be experiencing Bad25 and get a little bit of a feel for what it was like back in the 80's. It is very exciting for myself and brings back so many memories of 87, 88 and 89 and an incredible amount of nostalgia. Since it began, the whole Bad25 campaign has been mostly brilliant and it's only really beginning now. It's been great and bringing a master like Spike Lee on board to create a documentary about the creation of it all was a masterstroke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kayne West "How many times can you say Annie are you OK? Annie, are you, OK? Annie are you...OK? I don't think Annie's OK." That got a big laugh.

It was also stated that they hope to show both the Bad documentary and possibly Wembley concert on the BBC before Christmas and John Branca wants to do something with History. They are planning high definition 3d release of History tour. Spike also wants to do more films covering Dangerous etc.

Thanks to all those who have shared their reviews of the Documentary so much to look forward to in this documentary

It was also stated that they hope to show both the Bad documentary and possibly Wembley concert on the BBC before Christmas and John Branca wants to do something with History. They are planning high definition 3d release of History tour. Spike also wants to do more films covering Dangerous etc.

You. Your good you. Your good! Sounds all very promising and good for the future. Perhaps they feel they've finally found a formula that works and is satisfying to all demographics. The entire Bad25 project is pretty pleasing to old, new and casual fans and definitely feels like it will win over lots of people and earn some new fans. Brilliant info.

Fan question: Fondest Memory of Michael?

John: "I have and [I think he said "Karen"] I think we all have so many fond memories of Michael. But the one thing the first time I saw it, Michael do that rehearsal for that raisin commercial...It just cracked me up. Because that WAS Michael. I think Spike said the word, but to stand there and to tell Will Vinton the back up raisins weren't good enough - that's Michael Jackson."

Thanks to all the fans who provided their reviews and feedback of the premiere in London on Sunday. It provided *some* relief to my pain of missing the world premiere in Venice even though I had tickets and live in Italy!!!!

Caught in severe traffic. You can all imagine how I feel...

On the plus side, I DID get there just in time to see some Japanese film stars go into a film I know nothing about :) *sarcasm*

Does anyone know who the person wrapped as a mummy in the Liberian Girl video was?

On possible Dangerous Tour release... Regarding the quality of the Bucharest official release and having in mind that in fact it's a mix of various performances from DWT (wich we know for sure), Estate could've release some really good quality shows of DWT :) It'd be awesome to see Munich opening night and one of Wembley nights from which we have Jam performance :) The best Jam ever! :)

Everything is in the Estate hands ;)

I can't believe they actually released a Dangerous Tour show that DOESN'T have a performance of DANGEROUS.
This is why it needs to be a different show.

but to stand there and to tell Will Vinton the back up raisins weren't good enough - that's Michael Jackson."

2hnxb4p.gif

Thank you so much to everyone for sharing their experience. I can't wait to watch the videos in the evening!

Another highlight was seeing MJ recording part of IJCSLY in Spanish..he was really nervous about getting the pronunciation right, but the lyrics translator (who was with him at the recording) said he was excellent.
THIS has gotten me so excited and anxious! I always always wanted to see him recording IJCSLY Spanish since it was released, omg thanks for giving us this great insight! cannot wait to see it and the Bad clip behind the scenes :clap: all of the docu. actually! yay.

he considers APOM weak?????
I know right.. I love APOM, one of my faves.

Back