[Spoiler Alert] Spike Lee Bad 25 Documentary UK Premiere & Fan Reviews

Another Part Of Me is actually one of Spike Lee's favourites on the album. His 4 favourites are MITM, APOM, IJCSLY and SC.

Well, according to Quincy, Michael wanted "Streetwalker" and Quincy wanted "Another Part Of Me." Mind you, "Another Part Of Me" was already out a year before "Bad" was out. It was shown on "Captain EO." I think Michael was already past that.

I think "Just Good Friends" was really the song that they thought was weak, but I happened to have like the song.

They should have dropped JGF and put in Streetwalker or Fly Away :D

I love JGF. I don't think it's any weaker than The Girl Is Mine or State of Shock. Of those other two duets I think JGF is much better track. I always found it underrated.

It's probably the most cookie cutter song on the album, but I still like it.

found this picture on another forum, it's from Venice showing.

A1sU74UCMAAWv68.jpg

now we have a picture taken at poor light conditions of the screen :p

A1sU74UCMAAWv68.jpg

Cell phone quality pic... but the screen looks pretty damn good.

Cell phone quality pic... but the screen looks pretty damn good.

yep, seems to be a cell phone picture with border added and taken in a dark cinema. I think this is the ending of MITM performance. It looks good for such conditions.

It's hard reading all this news, I'm happy and sad at same time, hard to seeing all this unpublished things after 3 years without Michael, I didn't want be like that but I think at some moments I'm more depressive than happier :/

If you live in Toronto like me and want to see the Toronto screening its on Sept 15 & 16 ! I'm trying to get tickets ! iT'S ON MY BIRTHDAY !

Last edited:

A1sU74UCMAAWv68.jpg

This actually exceeds my expectations, and it's possibly pre-restoration. It's going to look absolutely fine on a TV screen.

The mix they used for the Wembley footage at the end was incredible, though. They pumped up the crowd noise so that it really felt like you were there at Wembley with the masses watching Michael.

They added crowd noice? I hope it isn't like in 30th Anniversary concert and Bucharest.

They added crowd noice? I hope it isn't like in 30th Anniversary concert and Bucharest.

I would imagine they just enhanced the actual crowd noise from the show itself. This was wembley. No edited/added crowd noise needed.

[youtube]yHgIdY3FUns[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late response,Bad25 was amazing is the bottom line. Michael Jackson was introduced using a quote from James Baldwin to show what Michael was up against when he had to release his next album after the success of thriller,there were references to tabloid headlines at the time to place the album in its original context before starting to analyze each track chronologically (apart from Man In The Mirror). I was a little apprehensive when I'd read that there were too many interviews in the documentary but for me watching it yesterday, that wasn't an issue at all. Each person's input added to the analysis of the song they were discussing rather than having sometimes vague statements ie. "oh yeah he was the king of pop and I loved him". The documentary is really a huge celebration of the bad album, it really does it well.

They discussed the decisions made about what sort of short film would be filmed for BAD and discussed the inspiration for the short film, interviews with Wesley Snipes about how he was chosen, showed actual footage from filming the Bad documentary-very cool, from walking on the street for the first time to Michael having to jump from the ceiling into the shot and how he brought Church to the end of the short film and how that was everyone on set. Showed footage of dance rehearsals and discussed the influences behind the dance with input from Jeffrey Daniel.

For TWYMMF they showed footage of Michael on set, interviewed Tatiana and discussed her role in the short film. Told a story about how Michael said to the director that the guys (who were real gang members) were smoking and he didn't like it and that when the director cursed at the gang members to stop it, Michael quickly hid behind the director lol Showed footage of 'the kiss' from a Bad tour concert. Also discussed the technicalities of recording TWYMMF.

Speed Demon- showed footage of recording the part with Spike the rabbit-very cool. At one point when Michael is recording the dance with Spike, Michael says that he feels limited by the heavy bad costume and that it is 'tight'....lol

Liberian Girl- showed footage of Michael coming in just to film his part-whilst his car engine was still running lol He didn't hang about, got straight into it. Discussed how the song Liberian Girl was Michael's way of celebrating black beauty, there were a few jokes about how everyone originally was thinking Michael was singing about a sexy librarian

Another Part of Me -showed a performance from the Paris Bad Tour Concert,amazing, I think at this point they also showed some more dance rehearsals and discussed the debate between Another Part of Me and Streetwalker.

Just Good Friends-showed Michael putting down his vocal with Stevie Wonder-this was amazing as well. Him and Stevie messing about too.

IJCSLY-showed Michael and Siedah laying down vocals and him teasing her whilst she's trying to do it.Showed him putting his vocal down in different languages. Played the original intro. Showed footage of him performing live with Sheryl Crow-she said that his band would put bets on how turned on Michael got whilst he performed with her each night lol

Smooth Criminal-analyzed the short films beginnings, what inspired it, the dance side, showed rehearsals for the part in the video where the cat walks along the piano and then Michael works with the dancers to bring about a crescendo before going back into the chorus-that was very cool.

Dirty Diana-interview with the guitarist showing his guitar. No footage of him actually putting down his vocals though.

Leave Me Alone- showed footage of recording and rehearsing the dance routine with the elephant man's bones and how the short film required people to complete many cells and the interpretations of the short film.

Man In the Mirror-A-MAZ-ING wembley footage performing Man In The Mirror. If you hadn't already got goosebumps you will at this point.

Sorry! My bad, I did mean Just Good Friends.

If I hadn't been so giddy (emotional/and very hungry [forgot to eat in the morning, oops]) after the viewing I would have asked if the Wembley footage was restored or not. I have to say, the questions people asked...I thought were pretty poor. It was a good opportunity that I think was rather wasted.

I have to say, the questions people asked...I thought were pretty poor. It was a good opportunity that I think was rather wasted.

Yeah I thought this but they said strictly about Bad 25. It was good that John B was there to answer questions too though. He seemed nice and not so stiff business man like which I liked. Would be great if he could do a frequent Q&A for fans over MJ stuff and projects as a whole. Just so we know what they're thinking of doing or if they are looking for ideas on projects & so we know what's capable of doing. Seen as we are the ones buying it, we know what we want.

Great reviews, thank you all for being our eyes and ears :bow:

Somebody mentioned that they might be showing DVD and concert on BBC before xmas :clapping:
BBC is the best choice for showing these films.

Back