'stay" the great debate (entire song)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loka

Proud Member
entire song available in the 2000 watts section

it was very hard to hear MJ...the voice is even different from the other cascio songs...

after 5 listenings, he is more recognizable (if it's him)

all this story is very very strange

Lol! Lol! Lol!

If anyone hears Michael in this song then I definitely will claim that Weird Al Yankowitz is Michael Jackson and that Fat and Eat It are Michael's vocals.

Oh dear, and I actually said that I thought this was MJ based on the snippet.............

Good song though, is it just me? I like it haha I dont think its MJ though.

I am just trying to figure out. Maybe Michael sang all Cascio songs in a morning voice, right afetr he woke up. After all wasn't he recording in pyjamas and sleeping in that studio? :)

It's my opinion. God almighty, I'm sick and tired of the doubters giving us shit when we say that he is on the Cascio songs.

It's my opinion. God almighty, I'm sick and tired of the doubters giving us shit when we say that he is on the Cascio songs.

No, seriously. Do you really do hear Michael clearly in that song?

I'm going to talk about something outside of the authenticity of the vocals.

'Stay' to me is a better song than Keep Your Head Up. . . .I am suprised they chose Keep Your Head Up over Stay.

The first half of Keep Your Head Up is incredibly weak and has allways sounded out of tune to me. That maybe vocal related, but i'm not going to go into detail with that.

I think i've made my feelings quite clear about the Cascio tracks, but I enjoyed listening to Stay more than I ever have listening Keep Your Head Up.

Ok, i've pretty much failed in avoiding talking about the vocals....i'll admit it. haha But at least I didnt go into too much detail.

Arent you all bored of this crap by now? Seriously, i've been one of the main culprits for arguing over the past 2 months and I have gotten so bored of seeing the same old things being said over and over and over again, its getting us nowhere. Come on guys, I thought we would be able to avoid this kind of thing again.

We have to stop repeating ourselves.

One side believes it sounds like MJ, the other doesnt. Its allways going to be like that until either side is proven wrong. You should be used to it by now.

We ESPECIALLY need to stop stating our opinions as fact.

Both sides, PLEASE. Stop putting each other down for their beliefs, stop stating your opinion as fact, stop repeating yourselves all together. I'm not a mod. But it became stale a long long time ago and has never been too nice to begin with.

Control yourselves, for the love of god. Control yourselves. haha

If you see someone saying something you dont agree with, at least just disagree with them respectfully and state your opinion. If it annoys you, take a step back and realise that anything you say to this person isnt going to change anything, that person wont change their mind and it isnt going to magically reveal the truth behind these tracks just because you have put someone down for their opinion.

If you see something you dont like, just think....no, what I am about to say is boring.

good.....GOD.

Last edited:
Arent you all bored of this crap by now? Seriously, i've been one of the main culprits for arguing over the past 2 months and I have gotten so bored of seeing the same old things being said over and over and over again, its getting us nowhere. Come on guys, I thought we would be able to avoid this kind of thing again.

One side believes it sounds like MJ, the other doesnt. Its allways going to be like that until either side is proven wrong. You should be used to it by now.

Great post:agree:

Just stop this kind of talking. People hear diffrent things. Just deal with it.

No, I won't stop till we have a good explanation why Michael doesn't sound Michael on any of the Cascio tracks.

This is unbearable and tiring! It CLEARLY is not Michael's voice! The argument that Michael wanted to innovate isn't plausible. He would do it with one or two songs, but not the entire studio sessions with both fast and slow songs.

This is the biggest scandal I've ever heard and disgrace to Michael's legacy.

In the worst case scenario, in the worst dreams even if this voice you hear and claim to be Michael, it should never be put on any album except on bonus discs as additional material or Michael's probable projects.

Both sides, PLEASE. Stop putting each other down for their beliefs, stop stating your opinion as fact, stop repeating yourselves all together. I'm not a mod. But it became stale a long long time ago and has never been too nice to begin with.

Control yourselves, for the love of god. Control yourselves. haha

Well, a debate is not a negative thing. We clearly need a debate. It doesn't mean that we are disrespecting each other because we defend our opinions. But one cannot be silent when hearing the Cascio songs.

Well, a debate is not a negative thing. We clearly need a debate. It doesn't mean that we are disrespecting each other because we defend our opinions. But one cannot be silent when hearing the Cascio songs.

This isn't debating....what I have seen in this thread IS NOT debating. This kind of thing is SO 2010. Its out of fashion, its not cool anymore...from either side. The new craze is trying to guess what kind of vegetable MJ stuffs his crotch with.

I mean just look at what has been said here.

'The lead vocals are clearly MJ'

'No they are not! How can you possibly hear him here!?'

You're not sick of that? Can you honestly tell me that you arent sick of that?

You know when you repeat the same word over and over again until the word makes no sense anymore? Thats what is happening here......I dont even know what a 'vocal' is anymore. :S

Last edited:
No, I won't stop till we have a good explanation why Michael doesn't sound Michael on any of the Cascio tracks.

This is unbearable and tiring! It CLEARLY is not Michael's voice! The argument that Michael wanted to innovate isn't plausible. He would do it with one or two songs, but not the entire studio sessions with both fast and slow songs.

This is the biggest scandal I've ever heard and disgrace to Michael's legacy.

In the worst case scenario, in the worst dreams even if this voice you hear and claim to be Michael, it should never be put on any album except on bonus discs as additional material or Michael's probable projects.

If you don't like it, stop listening to it and move on. Then you wont have to suffer the ear bleeding you are, right? :)

Could somebody pm the song stay? Because I can't find it in 2000 watts section, just snippets. Later on, I'll tell you what I think

A great song.

That being said, I'm finding it difficult to recognize Michael on this song. It sounds like him, but it doesn't feel like him.

That's all I'm going to say on the topic, for obvious reasons.

This isn't debating....what I have seen in this thread IS NOT debating. This kind of thing is SO 2010. Its out of fashion, its not cool anymore...from either side. The new craze is trying to guess what kind of vegetable MJ stuffs his critch with.

Lol, we are not going to debate what is a debate otherwise we are out of scope.

It is however logical to include in the debate your opinions about the song. We are debating song per song here.

If you read my posts for example, in "Keep your head up", despite the fact that it is a Cascio song, I clearly say that I have more difficulties to hear if it's Michael's voice or not in the song as the voice that is used is almost matching Michael's at some points.

But in this very song STAY, the voice is strikingly even more not Michael's. You can tell it from the first lines.

Imagine if we were sitting somewhere on a terrace having a drink and imagine that we have never heard of Cascio affair, nor any of these debates surrounding these songs. And all of sudden you hear on the radio this song "STAY", would you really jump up and say "wow, this a new Michael Jackson song, I've never heard it before!"?

If you don't like it, stop listening to it and move on. Then you wont have to suffer the ear bleeding you are, right? :)

liking is not the issue hear, is it?

I always said I like the songs such as Monster and Breaking news. I also like All I Need. And then what?

I also like many other artists. It is not because I like a song that it must be Michael singing it. I never said that any of the songs were horrible. I said that it is not Michael's voice and that's a huge difference.

Now, this is a debate thread, so I am sharing my part on this particular song. For other songs there are other threads. So, if you don't like debate threads, then I can also say to you skip the threads and enjoy the songs.

Lol, we are not going to debate what is a debate otherwise we are out of scope.

It is however logical to include in the debate your opinions about the song. We are debating song per song here.

If you read my posts for example, in "Keep your head up", despite the fact that it is a Cascio song, I clearly say that I have more difficulties to hear if it's Michael's voice or not in the song as the voice that is used is almost matching Michael's at some points.

But in this very song STAY, the voice is strikingly even more not Michael's. You can tell it from the first lines.

Imagine if we were sitting somewhere on a terrace having a drink and imagine that we have never heard of Cascio affair, nor any of these debates surrounding these songs. And all of sudden you hear on the radio this song "STAY", would you really jump up and say "wow, this a new Michael Jackson song, I've never heard it before!"?

Dont get me wrong here Bumper, I agree with you totally. But there is no point going on like this anymore. Its getting us nowhere.

I'm not saying we shouldn't debate anymore, but the same old 'This is Michael, I hear him 100%', with a reply of 'No, its not...how can you possibly say that!?'. Is just pointless.

If we could all just debate with each other in a respectful manner from now on, discussing in depth reasons as to why Michael might sound different, or why the Cascio's/Sony may have used an imposter then that would be great.

At this point we should be seeing things being said like 'To me, this is the most convincing of all the Cascio tracks, I hear Michael here more than any of the others', with replies such as 'I have to disagree with you, to me this is probably the LEAST convincing Cascio track'....and so on and so on.

Dont get me wrong here Bumper, I agree with you totally. But there is no point going on like this anymore. Its getting us nowhere.

I'm not saying we shouldn't debate anymore. But the same old 'This is Michael, I hear him 100%', with a reply of 'No, its not...how can you possibly say that!?'. Is just pointless.

If we could all just debate with each other in a respectful manner from now on, discussing in depth reasons as to why Michael might sound different, or why the Cascio's/Sony may have used an imposter then that would be great.

I see your point, but this is a new thread, a new song, and I see it as a separate debate from others. So I am not judging the Cascio songs in a block. Maybe there will pop up a Cascio song where we all will definitely hear Michael, who knows. But so far for each case per case song, I am purely giving the opinion in the beginning of the debate. Later on I am not going to repeat in this very thread that this is not Michael.

Once people give their opinions in the beginning of the thread the debate can start.

You know, I think Stay and all the Casio tracks I've heard are Michael. But that dosen't mean that I go around forcing my opinion on others. People can make up their own mind. As long as there is no proof of anything, I think it's very wrong to claim that anyone is "stupid" for not hearing what I hear.

I see your point, but this is a new thread, a new song, and I see it as a separate debate from others. So I am not judging the Cascio songs in a block. Maybe there will pop up a Cascio song where we all will definitely hear Michael, who knows. But so far for each case per case song, I am purely giving the opinion in the beginning of the debate. Later on I am not going to repeat in this very thread that this is not Michael.

Once people give their opinions in the beginning of the thread the debate can start.

There is a certain manner in which you should convey your opinion to others though, and there is a certain manner in which you should disagree with someone. I'm going to look like a hypocrite saying all of this, because when this all started I was one of the main culprits and was even banned for arguing at one point. But thats when it was all fresh, at this point.....everyone should have learnt that this kind of talk gets us nowhere......well constructed and thought out posts in a respectful manner may help us get somewhere. :fortuneteller:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back