'stay" the great debate (entire song)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, this thread is in the wrong place. An unreleased song has nothing to do with the Michael album.

My only opinion in this thread:
It's Michael.

Be careful Bumper... People can get really upset if you keep challenging their comments...

Here you can see when Michael is singing.
All data subject to correction.

MICHAEL JACKSON - "Stay"

lead vocals & ad-libs: Michael Jackson
chorus and background vocals: James Porte
Sometimes they're also singing together but I have not marked this.

VERSE 1
Never have I ever been so sure (so sure)
(Hoh no, now)
Never thought I'd see you walk in that door (that door)
(Hoh nay-na)

I can make you feel
(like you're the queen)
No remedy (no compromise)
Would you rather be right here with me

I want you right here next to me

CHORUS
Do you really wanna stay (we can take it slow)
Do you wanna walk away (if you let it go)
Girl, I'm writing you this letter just to say goodbye
I'll be standing in the rain, case you change your mind
(say goodbye)

Do you really wanna stay (we can take it slow)
Do you really wanna go (we can let it go)
So I'm writing you this letter just to say goodbye
(good)

VERSE 2
She never thought she'd be here away, in no need
(Hoh no now)
I never thought I'd be here back in my fears
(we can take it slow) (hoo)

When you're in need, your fantasy (all here with me)
So would you rather be
right here with me

Girl, get in to me

CHORUS
Do you really wanna stay (ho-ooh) (we can take it slow)
(don't you walk away)
I'll be standing in the rain, case you change mind (say goodbye)

Do you really wanna stay (we take it slow) (we can take it slow)
Do you really wanna go (did you say goodbye) (we can let it go)

BRIDGE
Anything, oh, anything
To chase the rain, goodbye
When you're left with all your dreams
I couldn't say good night
(I want love you)
She was contagious (she was contagious)
She was my baby

Te quiero
(te quiero mi amor)
I love you
Say goodbye
(say goodbye)
Say goodbye

CHORUS OUT
Do you really wanna stay (haaaah) (we can take it slow)
(don't walk away)
I'll be standing in the rain, case you change your mind (no go away)

Do you really wanna stay (stay by my side) (we can take it slow)
Do you really wanna go
(stay by my side) (we can let it go)

I never let you go
(do you wanna walk away)
I never let you go
Never let you go
(I'll be standing in the rain, case you change your mind)
Never let you go

Do you really wanna stay (hoo-oaa)
Do you wanna, wanna go (ho-ooaah)
I'll be standing in the rain, case you change your mind (hoo-aaoooh)

No go away
Stay by my side
Stay by my side

Last edited:
I read the lyrics in the other thread as I was listening to the song and the bits I thought were MJ were the bits you highlighted. So thanks. :)

where can I hear the full version, i can only find a snippet in 2000 watts section.

You know, I think Stay and all the Casio tracks I've heard are Michael. But that dosen't mean that I go around forcing my opinion on others. People can make up their own mind. As long as there is no proof of anything, I think it's very wrong to claim that anyone is "stupid" for not hearing what I hear.

So far the doubters were called stupid in different threads.

I never said anyone was stupid.

But, from the past experiences I know that people were already thinking for sure that it was Michael singing on some tracks and later on it was revealed that it was not Michael. Me too, when I heard Mamacita, the day it was not credited and when everyone was sharing that song claiming it was Michael, I thought I heard Michael. At that time I just couldn't believe that someone could imitate Michael so well, so Iassumed it was impossible that someone else was singing it.

Later on when I heard other songs, I was actually amazed by the singer's ability to imitate Michael's voice. At some points you would swear you hear Michael.

It was a lesson for all of us who believed it was Michael's voice.

With that in mind, now when I hear the slightest vowel, the slightest consonants or segment, the slightest accent, intonation or husk that does not sound Michael I doubt the enire song. Something i did not pay attention to earlier on songs such as Mamacita when it freshly came out and was spreading like a disease.

"Stay" has that taste of hearing something familiar, but also something strikngly unfamiliar, which leads me to doubt the entire song.

Just listened to it.

Michael is nowhere to be found in there.

And Korgnex stop posting BS please.

There is a certain manner in which you should convey your opinion to others though, and there is a certain manner in which you should disagree with someone. I'm going to look like a hypocrite saying all of this, because when this all started I was one of the main culprits and was even banned for arguing at one point. But thats when it was all fresh, at this point.....everyone should have learnt that this kind of talk gets us nowhere......well constructed and thought out posts in a respectful manner may help us get somewhere. :fortuneteller:

Ok, thanks for your precious advice, but I don't remember that I called names anyone or that I disrespected anyone here.

My vehement defense of opinion shouldn't be considered as an attack on others. Others also have ways to express themselves without attacking.

@barok232: Tells me a guy that has BS in his signature and is aggressively spreading the BS on the forum.

Have some respect. Seems like the staff has not yet noticed your signature.

Doubts on the vocals are OK. Claiming it would be Jason is just ridiculous...

@barok232: Tells me a guy that has BS in his signature and is aggressively spreading the BS on the forum.

Have some respect. Seems like the staff has not yet noticed your signature.

Doubts on the vocals are OK. Claiming it would be Jason is just ridiculous...

What's wrong with the signature now?

You can have the signature :"proof that it is Michael on the Cascio songs" if you disagree with his signature, no?

One thing I do wonder though, is why we dont see the kind of reaction out of people who believe it is Michael when we hear one of these Cascio tracks, that we see out of everyone when a new song comes out which is undoubtedly Michael.

Like when '12 O'Clock' came out, everyone went mad praising it and saying how incredible it was, as this was undoubtedly MJ. Even with the 'Hollywood Tonight' clip on Ellen to a certain extent.

Why do we not see this kind of reaction out of people when a new song like 'Stay' comes out? All I see is, 'I Think this is Michael 100%'. I dont see much off 'Oh wow! This is a great song and MJ's vocals are incredible!'

Why is that? I'm genuinely curious as to why this is and would like an answer. I even see some people who are strong believers in the Cascio tracks going mad and praising some of the songs that have leaked in the past few months that are undoubtedly MJ, but I dont see the same reaction from them for the Cascio tracks.

One thing I do wonder though, is why we dont see the kind of reaction out of people who believe it is Michael when we hear one of these Cascio tracks, that we see out of everyone when a new song comes out which is undoubtedly Michael.

Like when '12 O'Clock' came out, everyone went mad praising it and saying how incredible it was, as this was undoubtedly MJ. Even with the 'Hollywood Tonight' clip on Ellen to a certain extent.

Why do we not see this kind of reaction out of people when a new song like 'Stay' comes out? All I see is, 'I Think this is Michael 100%'. I dont see much off 'Oh wow! This is a great song and MJ's vocals are incredible!'

Why is that? I'm genuinely curious as to why this is and would like an answer. I even see some people who are strong believers in the Cascio tracks going mad and praising some of the songs that have leaked in the past few months that are undoubtedly MJ, but I dont see the same reaction from them for the Cascio tracks.

Because we doubters should go and see an otorhinolaryngologist, fast.

Just read this tread and you wil understand why.

1) The Cascio songs are no masterpieces
2) The vocals have been processed
3) The music is all-new and wasn't envisioned by MJ

Apart from that, many people are praising them as any other MJ song.

@Bumper_Snippet: There's no need to have such a signature as it is the official word.

Ok, thanks for your precious advice, but I don't remember that I called names anyone or that I disrespected anyone here.

My vehement defense of opinion shouldn't be considered as an attack on others. Others also have ways to express themselves without attacking.

No, you haven't called anyone names. But the believers, being very sensitive and all, may view the way in which you replied to them as being disrespectful. Some examples from the first page:

Lol! Lol! Lol!

If anyone hears Michael in this song then I definitely will claim that Weird Al Yankowitz is Michael Jackson and that Fat and Eat It are Michael's vocals.

Turns out, some do feel that they hear Michael in the song, so it comes off as making fun of their opinions.

I am just trying to figure out. Maybe Michael sang all Cascio songs in a morning voice, right afetr he woke up. After all wasn't he recording in pyjamas and sleeping in that studio? :)

Also making fun and a bit condescending.

I can't believe you just said that MJ is clearly present.

May come off as disrespecting one's views.

No, seriously. Do you really do hear Michael clearly in that song?

Challenging, may be provocative to others.

No comment

May seem as implied disrespect for one's views.

I know that there are some from the believers who are also disrespectful, but always seem to be ignored by the moderators. In fact, sometimes they're praised when they do some of the same things that you're doing.

But please, don't lower yourself to that level. It won't make others see things your way. In fact, some might become even more close-minded at the end of the day, and as a result, nothing is gained from these debates. No matter what, you must always be above all of that.

If people came out and went "Oh Wow, this is an amazing Michael Jackson song" I can guarantee that someone would give them a heap of shit for it.

I gave Monster & Keep Your Head Up a lot of praise and got shit for it.

@Bumper_Snippet: There's no need to have such a signature as it is the official word.

1) That's quite subjective to say. Why aren't they masterpieces, can you explain that?

2) The vocals don't seem to be processed more than in other usual songs that we hear. And even so, I don't think that we wouldn't recognize the voice.

3) All-new? Not newere than some other songs. And not less envisioned than other songs.

I am sorry but all these three arguments are quite weak to prove that it is Michael's voice on the song(s)

We never ever had doubts about others songs such as DYWYCA or STTR. Why is that, can you explain?

Just read this tread and you wil understand why.

What, because us doubters are refraining you from being able to enjoy these songs fully?

@ Korgnex

So a lot of you, or some of you arent particularly fond of these songs despite believing the vocals are MJ?

This isnt me trying to get at you by the way, i'm genuinely interested and feel things like this might need clearing up.

1) No they aren't

2) BS again. Vocals sound totally natural and unprocessed

3) That's what I think too, Michael didn't write those songs

And no, people are not happy. They are with leaks such us Do you know where your children are, blue gangster and Slave to the rythm

By the way, as some may not know, there is a great quality slave to the rythm at the 2000 watts section. Go and enjoy the real MJ

1) No they aren't

2) BS again. Vocals sound totally natural and unprocessed

3) That's what I think too, Michael didn't write those songs

And no, people are not happy. They are with leaks such us Do you know where your children are, blue gangster and Slave to the rythm

By the way, as some may not know, there is a great quality slave to the rythm at the 2000 watts section. Go and enjoy the real MJ

Get lost with your utter bull shit. Seriously. Let us enjoy what we believe to be Michael instead of giving us all this crap.

What, because us doubters are refraining you from being able to enjoy these songs fully?

@ Korgnex

So a lot of you, or some of you arent particularly fond of these songs despite believing the vocals are MJ?

This isnt me trying to get at you by the way, i'm genuinely interested and feel things like this might need clearing up.

No, I'm able to enjoy the songs I like. I just don't want to praise them in here. I happen to like Monster a lot, but I don't praise it in the Monster tread. I don't want to argue about it.

Probably not, but all of them are damn catchy and STAY is SO GOOD, I love this:wub::wub::wub:

Right now i'm enjoying STAY, like the Tricky production as you mentioned before, 1st verse makes the best in the track.:D
do you happen to have writing and production credits in full?
i would really appreciate:cheeky:

No, you haven't called anyone names. But the believers, being very sensitive and all, may view the way in which you replied to them as being disrespectful. Some examples from the first page:

Turns out, some do feel that they hear Michael in the song, so it comes off as making fun of their opinions.

Also making fun and a bit condescending.

May come off as disrespecting one's views.

Challenging, may be provocative to others.

May seem as implied disrespect for one's views.

I know that there are some from the believers who are also disrespectful, but always seem to be ignored by the moderators. In fact, sometimes they're praised when they do some of the same things that you're doing.

But please, don't lower yourself to that level. It won't make others see things your way. In fact, some might become even more close-minded at the end of the day, and as a result, nothing is gained from these debates. No matter what, you must always be above all of that.

Yes, those were my first impressions when I heard the song. If you read my posts again, you will rather see my surprise that someone actually does hear Michael than disrespecting people. I added some joke comments out of my dispair not to be able to hear michael on those songs. It is not my fault if people twist and turn whatever I say and take it offensively.

I can also say that it is offensive to say that it is clearly Michael on those songs, but I never said it, because I don't find it offensive. So let's not get paranoid and chill out. A little humor or sarcasm won't hurt from any of the sides. It doesn't mean that we're being disrespectful. I have impression that nowdays you can't say anything without someone being offended. Maybe we should take some distance when someone posts some comments rather than nuke them with arguments such as "you are being disrespectful" or whiny "I am entitled to my opinion".

Of course that we are entitles to our opinion, that's why we are here, no need to repeat it over and over again.

Seems like you didn't understand. These are no arguments about the authenticity at all.

LOL!

Ow, I see. I am relieved, because I thought they were argments about the authenticity.

Yes, those were my first impressions when I heard the song. If you read my posts again, you will rather see my surprise that someone actually does hear Michael than disrespecting people. I added some joke comments out of my dispair not to be able to hear michael on those songs. It is not my fault if people twist and turn whatever I say and take it offensively.

I can also say that it is offensive to say that it is clearly Michael on those songs, but I never said it, because I don't find it offensive. So let's not get paranoid and chill out. A little humor or sarcasm won't hurt from any of the sides. It doesn't mean that we're being disrespectful. I have impression that nowdays you can't say anything without someone being offended. Maybe we should take some distance when someone posts some comments rather than nuke them with arguments such as "you are being disrespectful" or whiny "I am entitled to my opinion".

Of course that we are entitles to our opinion, that's why we are here, no need to repeat it over and over again.

Indeed, I wouldn't say it's your fault of how one interprets from your posts. But do keep in mind that the believers are very sensitive, seeing as they are the ones most likely to report posts. So, for the sake of not ending up on the bad side of moderators, be extra careful of how you word your comments.

I like the song, it is better than Keep Your Head Up and All I Need, in my opinion.. Breaking News is still my favourite Cascio track, then Monster.. Probably we won't hear Burn Tonight and Water until next album so that is it for now with Cascio tracks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back