Surgery and the truth

BuffaloBill87

Proud Member
A sensitive subject I know.....

I'm not interested in a long debate but during the final interview with Bashir, Michael got questioned about how many surgeries he had done - his response was 2.

We all know MJ was lying, he's clearly had more than 2, I don't care how much surgery he had , I couldn't care less about plastic surgery but his response has always bothered me.

What else could he be telling porkies about?

I get what you’re saying, two is definitely not true. But I also don’t really care, I don’t know why Martin Bashir cared, I don’t know why the public care. Who cares? The guy seemed to be very insecure with how he looks, he’s photographed all the time, then someone says to his face “what you done to your face?” His back is up.

I get what you’re saying, two is definitely not true. But I also don’t really care, I don’t know why Martin Bashir cared, I don’t know why the public care. Who cares? The guy seemed to be very insecure with how he looks, he’s photographed all the time, then someone says to his face “what you done to your face?” His back is up.
The public seemed to have as much fascinating with his face as MJ did, tbh the surgeries, vitiligo, it all added to the mystique of Michael Jackson.

Heck by today's standards MJ looked normal!

It's been a while since I read it but I'm sure in his moonwalker book MJ himself said that he got a cleft made.

Fans should stop being so sensitive about these things cause its a part of his life. He struggled with his insecurities and he always looked fine. Also if you looked at his face before and after the depigmentation due to his vitiligo, apart from looking more slim possibly to the drugs, he always looked similair.

I think all the media made more of it than necesary which also influenced the public image.

To your question: I think he means two parts of his face with surgery? (Nose and chin possibly) It is known that his nose was reconstructed multiple times.

Also maybe for example he didnt see the tattooing of the lips and hairline as 'surgery' or the surgeries after the pepsi incident.

Do you think he did more than this? Not sure if there is evidence on his surgeries? (Like his cheeks or facelift) his autopsy also stated there were scars in his face.

Fans should stop being so sensitive about these things cause its a part of his life. He struggled with his insecurities and he always looked fine. Also if you looked at his face before and after the depigmentation due to his vitiligo, apart from looking more slim possibly to the drugs, he always looked similair.

I think all the media made more of it than necesary which also influenced the public image.

To your question: I think he means two parts of his face with surgery? (Nose and chin possibly) It is known that his nose was reconstructed multiple times.

Also maybe for example he didnt see the tattooing of the lips and hairline as 'surgery' or the surgeries after the pepsi incident.

Do you think he did more than this? Not sure if there is evidence on his surgeries? (Like his cheeks or facelift) his autopsy also stated there were scars in his face.
I think that’s the point @BuffaloBill87 is making - MJ said two, meaning chin and nose, but he went under the knife more than twice. It’s purposely carefully worded.

I don’t really agree with what you said about comparing his face before and after vitiligo - they are two different faces, the pigmentation is not what has changed it. To me it’s the eyes and the lips (which aren’t even mentioned).

Anyway, stan MJ.

Alrighty here’s my thoughts. Read carefully
Michael had two plastic surgeries, the nose.
He looks different in his later years because it was years and years later many years.
He also did drugs to help him sleep and even though he did drugs to try and help him, it actually worsened his health.
The drugs had some effect on his appearance and so did the natural aging. (I’m 13 and I noticed some of my facial features got more pronounced so it’s everyone not only MJ some people forget that when they discuss this topic)
He also had diseases so of course that would take a toll on his health and also on his appearance.
And maybe some past trauma that greatly affected him so much so that it may have gotten him to get slimmer, on the note of him getting slimmer
He lost a lot of weight. Now from my science class I know there are muscles everywhere on your body and your face, you also have fat on your face, I think Michael lost that fat on his face.
But really (what I think, I’ve been researching this topic for a year now) it is because of him being human. Aka getting old. When you get older your features are more refined and because Michael was doing drugs at the time and also because he was a little slimmer than usual, that’s why his face changed.
It changed naturally, not because he did plastic surgery.

Before anything else, I want to state that this is my opinion.
You can have your own opinion and it can be the opposite of what I said, and that’s totally fine.
Also, whatever I say may not be true because we can’t actually ask Michael because he went to heaven.

Last edited:
I think that’s the point @BuffaloBill87 is making - MJ said two, meaning chin and nose, but he went under the knife more than twice. It’s purposely carefully worded.

I don’t really agree with what you said about comparing his face before and after vitiligo - they are two different faces, the pigmentation is not what has changed it. To me it’s the eyes and the lips (which aren’t even mentioned).

Anyway, stan MJ.

I know the pigmentation doesnt change face features but it did a lot to his looks.
But what I meant is that if you look at some parts of the face like bone/face structure, Imo it didnt change as much as claimed by the media.

Yeah the contrast is pretty big due to a lot of factors: vitiligo changing skin color, different wigs, make-up, health issues, drugs, being very slim and what people always seem to forget: simply aging. (Apart from some surgeries).

Do you think he had surgeries for the eyes and lips?

I did some research on his surgeries but its all full of contradictions even between quotes of 'his' doctors.

I know the pigmentation doesnt change face features but it did a lot to his looks.
But what I meant is that if you look at some parts of the face like bone/face structure, Imo it didnt change as much as claimed by the media.

Yeah the contrast is pretty big due to a lot of factors: vitiligo changing skin color, different wigs, make-up, health issues, drugs, being very slim and what people always seem to forget: simply aging. (Apart from some surgeries).

Do you think he had surgeries for the eyes and lips?

I did some research on his surgeries but its all full of contradictions even between quotes of 'his' doctors.
Lips, definitely. Eyes…it’s hard to tell with all the heavy makeup he had on. But I think so. Maybe he didn’t count those as surgeries but more ‘enhancements’. But work was done.

It always baffles me though how he got away with it if you know what I mean. Maybe it’s because social media didn’t exist and he did practically no interviews but imagine Taylor Swift just gradually transforming into someone who looks totally different and still being at the top of the game. It just wouldn’t happen now, it would totally overshadow everything. How he still managed to be the biggest star with everything going on is very interesting.

I don't think this topic should be taboo. MJ's appearance was a gigantic part of his life and represents the image he crafted during his career. Lying to Bashir about it was an intentional move on his part to spark more controversy, adding to the mystery and discussion around his life. Probably all stems from what he learned at Motown school.

People need to remind themselves of the MJ manifesto from time to time!!

A sensitive subject I know.....

I'm not interested in a long debate but during the final interview with Bashir, Michael got questioned about how many surgeries he had done - his response was 2.

We all know MJ was lying, he's clearly had more than 2, I don't care how much surgery he had , I couldn't care less about plastic surgery but his response has always bothered me.

What else could he be telling porkies about?
MJ was NEVER lying. While saying, that he had 2 operation surgeries, he meant he had 2 face region, that he changed - his nose and his chin! So stop being disrespectful to Michael. Leave this forum and go get a job

MJ was NEVER lying. While saying, that he had 2 operation surgeries, he meant he had 2 face region, that he changed - his nose and his chin! So stop being disrespectful to Michael. Leave this forum and go get a job
Richard I have a job thank you very much and no, I will not leave this forum.

Go back and LISTEN to what Michael says to Bashir when being asked about plastic surgery.

His response , I've had no plastic surgery on my face, just my nose , it helps me breath better and so I could hit higher notes.

He gets asked again if he is being honest and he says two that he could remember.

Richard I have a job thank you very much and no, I will not leave this forum.

Go back and LISTEN to what Michael says to Bashir when being asked about plastic surgery.

His response , I've had no plastic surgery on my face, just my nose , it helps me breath better and so I could hit higher notes.

He gets asked again if he is being honest and he says two that he could remember.
No. Apparently, you don't have a job. So, go and get one. You will leave this forum, eventually

You didn't get, what MJ was talking about. He meant he had 2 face regions, that he changed. Any other thoughts are not acceptable

No. Apparently, you don't have a job. So, go and get one. You will leave this forum, eventually

You didn't get, what MJ was talking about. He meant he had 2 face regions, that he changed. Any other thoughts are not acceptable
Oh so it's apparently now? Make up your mind Dickie boy.

I got exactly what he meant and he was lying. Simple as that.

Why are any other thoughts not acceptable?

Bro relax, you act like we cant talk about this topic, while we should be able to. When of the reasons I love Michael Jackson so much is because of his interesting persona and difficult life, even as the biggest star in the world. His appearance is a big aspact and we actually dont know for 100% what surgeries he has done. Also since there are a lot of contradictions and statement regarding this topic. Its fine to talk about as long as everyone stays respecful.

I don't think this topic should be taboo. MJ's appearance was a gigantic part of his life and represents the image he crafted during his career. Lying to Bashir about it was an intentional move on his part to spark more controversy, adding to the mystery and discussion around his life. Probably all stems from what he learned at Motown school.

People need to remind themselves of the MJ manifesto from time to time!!
I agree with him, Michael always knew what he was doing and people who worked with him even stated that sometimes he 'created' stories or be controversial to add mysterie and discussion, the I only had 2 surgeries part of the interview with bashir could also be that tactic. But we simply wont know.

Bro relax, you act like we cant talk about this topic, while we should be able to. When of the reasons I love Michael Jackson so much is because of his interesting persona and difficult life, even as the biggest star in the world. His appearance is a big aspact and we actually dont know for 100% what surgeries he has done. Also since there are a lot of contradictions and statement regarding this topic. Its fine to talk about as long as everyone stays respecful.

I agree with him, Michael always knew what he was doing and people who worked with him even stated that sometimes he 'created' stories or be controversial to add mysterie and discussion, the I only had 2 surgeries part of the interview with bashir could also be that tactic. But we simply wont know.
We already know) Michael officially confirmed his 2 facial regions, that he changed. So, case is closed

You can discuss about his legndary music, about his precious kids, about his amazing plans, legacy. But you choosed to talk about his personal life. Shame on you. If I meet someday the clown, that made this thread, I'm gonna crush his face into a piece of meat :) so now go and turn around;)

We already know) Michael officially confirmed his 2 facial regions, that he changed. So, case is closed
He was lying mate 😂, you believe everything that came out his mouth?

Having said that, you also think that his weight during This is it was perfectly acceptable so your credibility is down the toilet.

Ps, you're going to crush my face into a piece of meat? That's a pretty extreme threat. Hopefully the mods will take note of that.

There is nothing wrong with this thread.

Michael Jackson was a public figure, which means that people and fans have the right to discuss anything they want about him.

Regarding the number of Michael Jackson's plastic cosmetic surgeries, doctors who operated on him have spoken about that.

For instance, Surgeon Dr. Wallace Goodstein (who operated on him in the 1990s) revealed some very interesting information:

"[Michael Jackson] had multiple surgeries … He came in approximately every two months. It was about 10 to 12 surgeries in two years, while I was there … [He] had multiple nose jobs, cheek implants and he had a cleft put in his chin. He had eyelid surgery … He had so many things that were inappropriate…" (Dr. Wallace Goodstein, PEOPLE Interview)

Note also that the singer had his first nose plastic cosmetic surgery in 1979, not because he fell down and broke it as he claimed, but because he wanted a thinner nose as revealed by his long-time vocal coach Seth Riggs.

Also, author John Randy Taraborrelli wrote that the singer did not want to look like Joseph Jackson, that is why he resorted to so many plastic cosmetic surgeries on his face.

No one cares what y'all talk about. Just put it in Trials and Tribulation, or better yet, go to Lipstick Alley and do it.

There is nothing wrong with this thread.

Michael Jackson was a public figure, which means that people and fans have the right to discuss anything they want about him.

Regarding the number of Michael Jackson's plastic cosmetic surgeries, doctors who operated on him have spoken about that.

For instance, Surgeon Dr. Wallace Goodstein (who operated on him in the 1990s) revealed some very interesting information:

"[Michael Jackson] had multiple surgeries … He came in approximately every two months. It was about 10 to 12 surgeries in two years, while I was there … [He] had multiple nose jobs, cheek implants and he had a cleft put in his chin. He had eyelid surgery … He had so many things that were inappropriate…" (Dr. Wallace Goodstein, PEOPLE Interview)

Note also that the singer had his first nose plastic cosmetic surgery in 1979, not because he fell down and broke it as he claimed, but because he wanted a thinner nose as revealed by his long-time vocal coach Seth Riggs.

Also, author John Randy Taraborrelli wrote that the singer did not want to look like Joseph Jackson, that is why he resorted to so many plastic cosmetic surgeries on his face.
Thanks for the info👌🏼.

We know Michaels life was very difficult and we can speculate why and where he had surgeries. But in the end it doesnt really matter. It was his choice and we should respect his decisions. The only thing what we as fans can do is support and defend his actions (with facts) to people who spread lies or bad opinions about him.

But watch out otherwise the maniac Richard76 is going to your house and crush your face to pieces.

I can imagine Michael meant 2 'surgeries' (nose and chin as he admited) and the rest being 'procedures', botox or additional work on nose and chin.
In that case you could say he wasn't lying but it's clear he wasn't very open to the subject anymore, to say the least. On the other hand, before that MJ was actually more honest about his alterations than most I believe, mentioning the surgeries himself in Moonwalk from 1988

Thanks for the info👌🏼.

We know Michaels life was very difficult and we can speculate why and where he had surgeries. But in the end it doesnt really matter. It was his choice and we should respect his decisions. The only thing what we as fans can do is support and defend his actions (with facts) to people who spread lies or bad opinions about him.

But watch out otherwise the maniac Richard76 is going to your house and crush your face to pieces.
Stop mocking Michael's image already. I know, that you hate him so much. But that's your personal problem. Be respecful atleast to people on this forum. I know, that you envy Michael's success. But you have no chance against us, his greatest fanbase. We will always defend Michael. Till the very end. And you will always lose. This is the way)

I never really understood the discussion around this whilst he was alive never mind now that he's been gone for so long. It's really nobody's business what he does to his own body, I'm not commenting on the amount or how often, or whatever. At this point it's pretty much all out there and you can come to your own conclusion as to what he had done or did not.

Last edited:
Back