Surgery and the truth

in every era he looked good at invincible he kind of lost himself it was extreme even though the anniversary shows were successful

Michael at Disneyworld in 2002. :love:

j7etzb.gif

I really don’t get the obsession with Michael getting surgery. Like ok big news, the man got surgery. Who cares if he got 2, 5, or 7 ffs. He was insecure about his looks especially when getting made fun of by his own family. He wanted to change himself and had the money to do so. And maybe he did lie about how much he got cause he was embarrassed. Imagine being picked on even more for trying to change a look you didn’t like, I wouldn’t come out and disclose how much I got either. It’s just his business. I get it you are fascinated with his sculpted pointy nose and jawline, it’s time to move on. The answers been out there for a while.

I actually don't understand why MJ even bothered to answer those kind of questions. Instead of saying it's nobodies fk business he would get himself into a mayhem. It's not only the surgeries, but other things like when Oprah asked him if he was a virgin...I mean wtf!? You are interviewing one of the greatest talents ever and this is one of the first questions that comes to your mind!? Sure people are nosy (me included ;)), but do you really expect an honest answer to indiscreet questions like that?

Last edited:
I wonder if the Victory album had been as successful as Triumph, had it been released without Jermaine and original intended songs (like Buffalo Bill for example)
Victory is the most successful Jacksons album commercially. Do you mean in terms of the critical reception?

Michael at Disneyworld in 2002. :love:

j7etzb.gif
Michael's looking good here.
He's looking at the girl like this... You can tell he likes her. It's cool when a man can express his affection like that.
Charm and expressiveness are worth more than perfect beauty.

Here's the real truth: the stigma of plastic surgery is silly.

Is it a good thing? Perhaps not, not exactly. But so often people take the worst case scenario and minimize things. Reconstructive surgery is good, very good, in fact essential. It's made many lives better.

The types of surgery MJ wanted? Are not quite as net positive but they are truthfully, net neutral. MJ was not clayface, not made of plastic. Changing his face, was just that, changing.

He sculpted himself because he was unhappy. And wanted to look like the most successful man of all time. And it actually did work there. MJ in 1983 looks just majestic. The most interesting man in the world. The mystique there was truly otherworldly.

You can say it went farther than we'd like but he still kept control for a while. But MJ still had imperfections, was an imperfect man. An immuno-compromised one in fact. And that caught up with him. Lupus and Vitiligo together started to become, overwhelming. Taking on surgery with lupus is dangerous, and what happened to him, we see, has to do with that.

I believe MJ looked fine until 1998. He seemed to have some sort of facelift after the History tour that made him look too unnatural; eyes were too wide, eyebrows too high, lips too lizard-like, etc. By 2001, he looked very off; didn't help that he was drugged a lot of times, either.

But there were times when he looked alright in the 2000s. He looked fine when he was rehearsing for This Is It.

Back