TDCAU Prison VS Brazil version.

Good question. I love both versions, the message behind both is very strong.

I love the dancing in the prison version and I love one part in particular, when he's sitting in the cell and his facial expression speaks a thousand words.

With that being said, I prefer the Brazil version. I love the swagger in that version, it's like MJ saying nice try but I'm still Michael Jackson. Love the pacing of the film and the imagery from a director's stand point. As a fan, I love how he is just wearing jeans, blending in with the surroundings and the dancing. As well I love seeing the adulation for him first hand, it's great seeing how much he meant to people across the globe.

Sorry for the super long winded answer :cheeky:

Prison version, because it was the first MJ video i had seen in my life (i think it was in 2005,I was 7) and i watched it over and over.

I like both versions though

I favor the Brazilian one (was of course the first I saw) but It was interestingly interesting to see a 'new' version.. The Brazilian version simply had more Michael, more dancing etc.. I do think It would have bee cool if they put them together, they could have made it so those guards In Brazil tossed him in prison.. All they needed is a scene of him being taken away..

hmm a new editing project for me?

I love both.
Both of them accurately represent the outcasts of our societies.
I think, if I refer to the song alone, I prefer the Brazilian version because of the drums.
If I refer to the visual content, the prison version is my favorite because of its accuracy of the violence the song is denouncing. Plus, in the Prison version, Michael is unapologetically hot.

This is a hard question..I love them both. Brazil for his moves and the drum beats but if I absolutely have to pick one I'd go with the prison version. It's more hard hitting and for me reflects what he's saying in the song.
Gotta say though he definitely looks hot in both versions. Lordy...

I think Prison was the best.
It speaks alot for the time period and the world we're living in now and its much more timeless.

Brazil 100%

It's cool, he looks amazing, Olodum sound & look fantastic.

The cinemetography & colouring are beautiful and the paradox of one of the world's most successful black men dancing in the Brazilian favelas is so clever.

Only gripe is the occasional bad sound syncing - i.e. the actual words with what he's saying (but that happens in both versions).

Oh, and I love **** YOU Michael! I.e. When he grabs the young boy out near the end to dance and during the last drum solo when he walks so far up to the camera he nearly eats it!

Back