Thank You Case Team Volunteers - Please join me to say thanks

A big thank you to everyone who has helped out with this, and a huge thank you to the staff and every member for keeping the love at this hard time!

Thank you EVERYONE who has helped.
Living in Australia makes it so hard to get --up to the minute--news.
MJJC filled that gap so well.
Dawn

Yes, thanks to all of the volunteers. The work must not have been very easy. Since I joined this forum shortly after Michael's death I have been so impressed by the dedication shown here to protect and fight for Michael and I know that existed way before that horrible day. I would like to think that Michael is somewhere witnessing all this and is impressed and touched by your dedication as well.

Thank you guys for all of your hardwork...if not for you all...on the days that I had to work and missed parts of this trial....I never would of known what was going on if not for your summaries. as we all know Flannigan and chernoff were NOT easy to follow. So again I say thank you all so much, :flowers:

I just finished translating the closing arguments, I feel very exhausted now and emotionally drained. The translators heard everything at least twice and couldn't just look away when it got too much. And I'm sure most didn't have time to talk about what they heard, sometimes I felt like I was about to explode ...

Then we had our translation teams. That translated whatever we sent their way no matter how long it was without complaining and even correcting mistakes.

I did complain a bit, but as I told you, that's a Viennese trait and I can't help it. ;)

I am nothing if not impressed with the job the volunteers did in covering this trial for MJJC. I cannot comprehend the work it took to take and transcribe the notes and get them posted so quickly. Your summaries are a treasure trove of information. And it must have been so difficult to listen and still stay focused on note taking. All I can say is:
images
and
images

thanks Ivy for this thread ! And a big big thank you to you Ivy and all the staff at MJJC , for making it happen .

And special thanks to the translators, that was probably the hardest thing to do ! Translating can be very difficult, especially here when you have to be very precise , if you don't want to mis state what someone is saying. And I'm still wondering how you dealt with the Chernoff, and especially the Flanagan language, that's already hard to understand in English...

As for me , I didn't want to commit myself in the beginning, I was seriously considering helping translate to French, but I was not sure if my work schedule would allow me to do it , and I had a surgical procedure scheduled the first week of october. I was in a hopsital for 3 days, then off work at home for another 2 weeks. I was not sure how fit I would be after the procedure, so i didn't want to promise things if I was not able to do them.
And Ben has been doing a great job in French, it didn't look like he/she needed any help at all !

Si I just started to take notes , I think it was a day when Elusive could not do it, and kept taking notes every time I was able to watch the trial live. I found out it was very therapeutic, it really helped me focus on what the witnesses were saying, and keep the emotional stuff from being too overwhelming.

So I'm really glad it helped, and I wish had started earlier. Everyone on this board has been very very helpful for the past 2 years, it was the last I could do, and I'm happy to give back a little.

this a thank you thread , so a big thank you to all the people Ivy mentionned , the staff at MJJC, and also to the members of this board. You have all been amazing , your comments about the case helped understand the things we were hearing, and the emotional support has been fantastic.

Last edited:
Yeah taking notes is totally theraputic bouee. the first day of the trial i couldnt do notes as everything was just a shock. that picture that audio. everything. But it helped me get through each day typing as u are trying to type asap to keep up so what u are hearing and who u are hearing it about doesnt have time to sink in. it was far easier for me than just sitting listening to it as then u have to much time to think and process what u are hearing which isnt a good thing so in helping myself im glad i could help others.

I remember being on this board during the 2005 trial - what you did then was so amazing. It was probably one of the only sources of unbiased reporting and just plain truth of what was going on. Everything I knew about the trial I read in this board.

So when Murray's trial was about to start I really wanted to be a part of this - and help others with what I can, like you helped me. As other people have said here so well - I wanted to give back.

I want to thank everyone for making this past month bearable. It really felt like a big family - everyone helping with what they can. thanks to all those who took notes, twitted did summaries. You are all amazing. It's been a privilege to be a part of this.

Yes, of course....this forum is really the best in keeping us updated on everything related to the trial (and not only the trial). So, thank you all for the summaries, the special threads created for this trial, the YT's. Also very organized and clearly structured. And for the translationteam: You have my deepest respect. Although there were no Dutch translations, I realize the incredible amount of work that had to be and the importance of it and translating all these medical terms had to be hard also. So, thanks for the incredible dedication.

Thank you Ivy,for this thread.

I have to say that it was very very hard to do the summaries.
The difference of time between Portugal and LA is 8 hours.(We have the same time as England).
To make the summaries on time,i had to be up almost all night,but it was worth it.
I did it because i felt i should do it for Michael,and the fans that don't undertand a lot of English.
Yes i took way more time then others to translate,but i had to stop so many times during the translations,because it got too much emotionally speaking.(I'm sure it was to all of us,but maybe i am not as strong,as i thought i was?)
But it was in those times that i would reach Gary,Ivy,and some friends,and would gain strengh to move on.
They supported me since the begining,and from the bottom of my heart,i want to thank them a lot.
Also have to thank a fan that read my summaries and helped me having strengh to go as well.Her name is Lisa M.P.Jackson,and she is from Brazil.
Now for me its the worst part...the waiting.The anxiety is driving me crazy...but hopefully it will end tomorrow and the veredict will be what we wish...GUILTY!
Again,thank you ivy for the summaries.It was great to be a part of this team.

Guys..there are just no words, to express how grateful and appreciative I am of your work.

You did an unbelievable job...by far the best coverage of the trial.

And you guys invested your personal time and resources for the fan community, without money ever exchanging hands.

I am forever grateful! Thank you again to all of you.

MJJC has done the most amazing job during this trial. The dedication and love that you shared by volunteering hundreds of hours to this is phenomenal. Thank you so much. I am so proud of the staff, the volunteers, and everyone here. :) God bless!

Thank you very much to all the volunteers and to everyone that contributed and participated in the comments.

The effort and dedication that was put in covering the trial was amazing.
There were some days/moments when I wasn't strong enough to follow minute by minute.You couldn't look away,cause you had to be there for all of us and I can't begin to express how much I appreciate it and how much I admire you for it.
It was a very well organized,selfless,labour of love,and one that has helped many of us go through this nightmare.Thank you

I would also like to say a huge thank you to everyone who kept us updated and simplified everything. Most of all thank you for keeping me sane during the trial, sending you a great big cybaspace hug XX.

Huge thanks to the team, you've all done a great job in keeping everyone informed and providing a place we can discuss things that need discussing.

I just pray the right thing happens now.

Thanks to all who helped keep us up to date on what was happening in the courtroom. With work, I was not able to watch as much direct verdict as I had wanted to do. The forum was wonderful to count on. I really appreciate people who sat through so much of the crap that the defense spewed during their case; it was hard to deal with the highlights of what was said then, so I can imagine that actually having to listen to it all was very difficult.

When Michael's trial in 2005 ended, we still had him. This time it is different because, though we still have the right verdict again, we don't have him on earth with us.
But there is at least justice in his name. There will be images from this trial that we will never forget but we know that our love for Michael will mean those won't be the images that we keep close to our heart.

Thank you, everyone. This was SUCH a help. The organization, and the volunteers, were exemplary, and deserve our sincere thanks. Thanks to those MJJC staff who organized everything, and who provided updates. And especially, thanks to those who gave of their time to provide translations, in so many languages, to provide up-to-date news to the international members.

THANK YOU!

Thank you Ivy, for "threatening" me into doing this. ;) It kept me busy, and help me through it. I know you understand what I mean.

Thank you Ben for all those french translations! It was really nice!

Thank you to all the volunteers as well!!! I'm so glad and feel relieved about the verdict... I thank God for that! I love you Michael!

Back