The Beatles!

What can i say, The Beatles are my favorite band, I remember when I started to listen more regularly in 2013, I heard the complete discography and i loved, after I became a fan of Paul McCartney weeks after seeing it live last year, by far the best concert I've attended, and now I hope to buy the deluxe version of the Beatles 1+ pack

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Celebrating George&#39;s Day - have a happy one! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StGeorgesDay?src=hash">#StGeorgesDay</a> <a href="https://t.co/egINxUvSbX">pic.twitter.com/egINxUvSbX</a></p>&mdash; Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaulMcCartney/status/723819589277224960">April 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hi guys! My obsession with The Beatles is only begginning and I wanted to talk to you about it. For a year I have been listening to more or less fifteen songs by them (mostly the hits) but never more than that. These past few weeks I've been getting more into them (added 25 more songs to my Beatles playlist!). And after visiting this thread a couple of times I decided to buy the White Album today! I love Back in the U.S.S.R, Dear Prudence, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Hapiness Is A Warm Gun and Revolution 1. I also like Birthday and Helter Skelter. It's a really good album, but I assume I will even like it more with time! I also like the fact that it was almost 8 dollars less than I thought it would be!
I think about getting Please Please Me and A Hard Day's Night next (because I know some songs from each of them and I love them) and I think I will end up buying all the studio albums!
Anyway, I just wanted to tell you all my little Beatles Story! Hope you liked it and I will keep you posted about what I buy next or if I dig a song more!

Muhammad Ali

tumblr_o863pbbEiK1rf9hn3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o88c82AgeT1rw606ko1_r5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o99dcxGfVq1rw606ko1_540.jpg

Watch the first trailer for the highly anticipated documentary feature film about The Beatles’ phenomenal early career The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years.

LOS ANGELES, CA June 20, 2016 – Academy Award®-winner Ron Howard’s authorized and highly anticipated documentary feature film about The Beatles’ phenomenal early career The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years has set its US theatrical release date for September 16th, 2016 and debuts the first trailer from the film and the official poster to launch the campaign, it was announced today by Imagine Entertainment, White Horse Pictures and Apple Corps Ltd.

Hulu will be the presenting partner for the theatrical release of the film in the US where the film will become available to stream exclusively to Hulu subscribers on September 17th.

Featuring rare and exclusive footage, the film is produced with the full cooperation of Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison. White Horse Pictures’ Grammy Award-winning Nigel Sinclair, Scott Pascucci and Academy Award®-winner and Emmy® Award-winner Brian Grazer of Imagine Entertainment are producing with Howard. Apple Corps Ltd.’s Jeff Jones and Jonathan Clyde are serving as executive producers, along with Imagine’s Michael Rosenberg and White Horse’s Guy East and Nicholas Ferrall.

Studiocanal is an anchor partner on the film having acquired UK, France, Germany and Australia and New Zealand rights.

The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years is based on the first part of The Beatles’ career (1962-1966) – the period in which they toured and captured the world’s acclaim. Ron Howard’s film will explore how John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr came together to become this extraordinary phenomenon, “The Beatles.” It will explore their inner workings – how they made decisions, created their music and built their collective career together – all the while, exploring The Beatles’ extraordinary and unique musical gifts and their remarkable, complementary personalities. The film will focus on the time period from the early Beatles’ journey in the days of The Cavern Club in Liverpool to their last concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco in 1966.

Richard Abramowitz’s Abramorama will handle the US theatrical release of the film that is set to be an event driven experience with a few special surprises planned for cinemagoers.

Hulu will have the exclusive US streaming video on-demand rights to the film on SVOD beginning September 17th – marking the first feature film to debut on Hulu following its theatrical premiere. The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years is the first film acquired by Hulu’s Documentary Films arm which will serve as a new home for premium original and exclusive documentary film titles coming to Hulu.

Following an all-star world premiere in London on September 15th, the film will roll out theatrically worldwide with release dates set in Japan (September 22nd), Australia and New Zealand (September 16th) and UK, France and Germany (September 15th).

Award-winning Editor Paul Crowder is the editor. Crowder’s long-time collaborator, Mark Monroe, is serving as writer. Marc Ambrose is the supervising producer.
[video=youtube;Mj0KLrrl2rs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj0KLrrl2rs[/video]

CCAP69768__.jpg

The Beatles Eight Days a Week: The Touring Years Deluxe (2 Blu-Ray)
release date: November 18, 2016

Special Collector's Edition includes Feature Film Plus 100 Minutes of Extras & 64 Page Booklet!

In The Beatles: Eight Days A Week – The Touring Years, Oscar-winning director Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13) explores the history of The Beatles through the lens of the group's concert performances, from their early days playing small clubs in Liverpool and Hamburg to their unprecedented world tours in packed stadiums around the globe, from New York to Melbourne to Tokyo. The film is produced with the full cooperation of Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison.

After their legendary North American television debut on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, The Beatles transfixed the U.S. and the tremors were felt worldwide, transforming music and pop culture forever with their records and television appearances. The Beatles' extraordinary musicianship and charisma also made them one of the greatest live bands of all time. The first feature-length documentary authorized by The Beatles since the band's breakup in 1970, Eight Days A Week features rare and never-before-seen archival footage of shows and interviews, plus new interviews with McCartney, Starr and numerous prominent observers. The film captures the exhilaration of The Beatles' phenomenal rise to fame as well as the toll it eventually took on the band members, prompting them to stop touring altogether in August 1966 and devote their prodigious musical energy to the series of ground-breaking studio recordings for which they are best known today.

Featuring a wealth of specially created supplementary material totaling 100 minutes of extras, the deluxe editions contain exclusively created featurettes for fans to delve even deeper into the band's world. Accompanying these are stunning, fully restored full length performances of some of the band's most iconic tracks including "Twist and Shout" and "She Loves You" recorded at the ABC Theatre, Manchester in 1963 and "Can't Buy Me Love" at the NME Awards, 1964, in London, bringing the experience of seeing The Beatles in concert fully to life for all fans.

Special Collector's Edition Features:
• Blu-ray feature disc
• Blu-ray Bonus Disc (containing approx. 100 minutes of extras)
• Words & Music (24 mins)
• Early Clues To A New Direction (18 mins)
• Liverpool (11 mins)
• The Beatles in Concert (12 mins)
• Three Beatles' Fans
• Ronnie Spector and The Beatles
• Shooting A Hard Day's Night
• The Beatles in Australia
• Recollections of Shea Stadium
• The Beatles in Japan
• An alternative opening for the film
• 64 page booklet with an introduction from director Ron Howard, essay by music journalist and author Jon Savage and rare photos from The Beatles' private archive

OK, enough of the messing. No more fooling around. Music & Me rebirth is not complete without adding these four lads to the other ingredients.

SO, to kickstart this thread (one I'm hoping will be a neverending one, because with the Beatles there are more wrong answers than right- and vice versa) I'm asking the simple question....

What is your favourite Beatles album, and why? Answers on a postcard please

They are the only thing in my orbit right now! Today I picked up the Eight Days A Week Deluxe set. Currently reading Revolution In The Head and literally going through the recording/writing history of every single song from the beginning. Bought The Beatles The Early Years magazine in Liverpool the other day and collecting the Vinyl Magazine Collection. This is possibly the biggest Beatles kick of my life thus far. Every other artist/group has been set aside for the time being.

They are the only thing in my orbit right now! Today I picked up the Eight Days A Week Deluxe set. Currently reading Revolution In The Head and literally going through the recording/writing history of every single song from the beginning. Bought The Beatles The Early Years magazine in Liverpool the other day and collecting the Vinyl Magazine Collection. This is possibly the biggest Beatles kick of my life thus far. Every other artist/group has been set aside for the time being.
Oh good man! I'm on a buzz now today. Always love chatting Beatles. I'm looking for Rubber Soul at the minute, but I'm on a White Album buzz at the minute. I find when you go "into" the Beatles, it lasts a while, and requires/deserves 100% of your musical attention haha

What does everyone here think of Free as a Bird and Real Love?

I love both those tracks, but there's a real tint of sadness to those songs given Lennon wasn't around to see them completed. Some people have written it off, but I also really love Paul McCartney's songwriting on Free as a Bird.

Whatever happened to, the life that we once knew?
Can we really live without each other?
Where did we lose the touch, that seemed to mean so much?
It always made me feel, soooo free....

I have to give part of the credit for the beginning to Lennon, he wrote the first line or so of those and McCartney picked up the torch for the rest. As far as released material goes it's the very last time Lennon/McCartney would 'collaborate' in a sense, the next released song Real Love was fully written by Lennon and he took centre stage.

Today was the first day I heard "Real Love" because the video was posted earlier. I loved it-and I wondered how it came to be. Didn't realize they made it later. I thought maybe it was an old completed song that they just re-recorded. It was great-and especially loved the video with it.

Oh good man! I'm on a buzz now today. Always love chatting Beatles. I'm looking for Rubber Soul at the minute, but I'm on a White Album buzz at the minute. I find when you go "into" the Beatles, it lasts a while, and requires/deserves 100% of your musical attention haha
What's remarkable to me is that the quality in their compositions never really dropped. Like you just said 'you're listening to the White Album', I mean every album is its own unique moment yet completey them and further into their evolution. What they created and achieved in such short time is remarkable.

What does everyone here think of Free as a Bird and Real Love?

I love both those tracks, but there's a real tint of sadness to those songs given Lennon wasn't around to see them completed. Some people have written it off, but I also really love Paul McCartney's songwriting on Free as a Bird.

Whatever happened to, the life that we once knew?
Can we really live without each other?
Where did we lose the touch, that seemed to mean so much?
It always made me feel, soooo free....

I have to give part of the credit for the beginning to Lennon, he wrote the first line or so of those and McCartney picked up the torch for the rest. As far as released material goes it's the very last time Lennon/McCartney would 'collaborate' in a sense, the next released song Real Love was fully written by Lennon and he took centre stage.
Love them both. Free As Bird is an important song to me personally. I remember that time well as MJ was at the hight of the HIStory era and I would always hear Free As A Bird as much as Earth Song on MTV and chart shows. I also love the video. Real Love is also genius. I used to listen to Lennon's demo of it constantly from the Lennon Anthology cd belonging to my brother. I thought they were both magnificent tracks as part of the Antology albums.

Today was the first day I heard "Real Love" because the video was posted earlier. I loved it-and I wondered how it came to be. Didn't realize they made it later. I thought maybe it was an old completed song that they just re-recorded. It was great-and especially loved the video with it.
It was a Lennon demo. A lot of his demos are beautiful and have this spiritual contemplative quality.

I was telling the story of how it happened earlier! So Lennon recorded his demo back in '77 or so at his apartment in NYC. You can hear it here actually!

In 1994 as they were working on the Anthology project (a fantastic in-depth documentary series on The Beatles careers), they also started going into the archives at Abbey Road and looking for previously unreleased songs, demos, alternative takes and the like they could release on a trilogy of CDs called Anthology 1, 2 & 3 respectively.

Naturally the idea came up of making new music, but there was just one problem. Obviously, Lennon wasn't around to record with them. At the beginning of 1994, Yoko Ono handed over a tape to Paul McCartney with a series of unreleased songs by Lennon. The remaining Beatles sat down and went through these songs, selecting a small few that they could work on and add onto. Obviously it was an extremely emotional process for all of them and they didn't know how it was going to work out, but they persisted. Paul explained that he reasoned himself that John had finished his work on the songs and went off to get some lunch, telling the other lads he trusted them to finish it off.

The first song they worked on was Free As A Bird, which they enjoyed because it allowed the rest of them to add lyrics to the song, touch up on what Lennon wasn't able to complete himself (see what I said above earlier, although thinking about it now it's likely both George and Ringo helped with the lyrics too as they got songwriting credits). The music video that ended up being shot too is a real treat for hardcore Beatles fans, it's COMPLETELY packed to the brim with subtle references to their songs and incorporated footage of The Beatles in their younger days, digitally inserted into the new footage.

What's really cool about Free As A Bird is that at the end, you hear John Lennon saying "Turned out nice again", but that's not the amazing part! The amazing part is that The Beatles reversed it and coincidentally it ended up sounding like "Made by John Lennon". It's so cool.

The experience of recording wasn't as good on Real Love, they later said they felt like 'sidemen' to Lennon as they has less input on the song given how much more complete it was.

Two more recordings were attempted on by The Beatles as well in these sessions. "Grow Old With Me" was a Lennon demo eventually posthumously released in 1984, but The Beatles apparently did some work on it, abandoning it due to the incredibly extensive amount of remastering work needed on the tape to bring it up to releasable standards. Finally in March 1995, they began work on a final demo called "Now and Then", intending this to be the third and final "new" Beatles song for the Anthology series. They recorded a rough backing track that was used as an overdub, but after a few days work ceased on the track. This was largely due to the lack of already written verses outside of the chorus, but also due to technical issues with the tape.

Theoretically Paul and Ringo could release "Now and Then", the technology of today is obviously far superior to what they had in the 1990s and they still have some musical material for the track recorded by the now late George Harrison. Paul himself said in 2012: "And there was another one that we started working on, but George went off it...that one's still lingering around, so I'm going to nick in with Jeff [the producer] and do it. Finish it, one of these days." I'd really love that. If that came out, it'd be the absolute final Beatles song in history to have contributions by all Beatles.

Last edited:
Love them both. Free As Bird is an important song to me personally. I remember that time well as MJ was at the hight of the HIStory era and I would always hear Free As A Bird as much as Earth Song on MTV and chart shows. I also love the video. Real Love is also genius. I used to listen to Lennon's demo of it constantly from the Lennon Anthology cd belonging to my brother. I thought they were both magnificent tracks as part of the Antology albums.

I remember reading on here recently that for a week or two, MJ was at #1 and The Beatles at #2. I thought that was so cool, they're my two most favourite artists of all time and they were both dominating the charts? Especially The Beatles who hadn't released anything new in decades? So so SO awesome.

I hope some of Lennon's Anthology albums are eventually released to streaming services. I sometimes play the FaaB and Real Love demos on YouTube, would love to them in my library! Maybe I'll have to download it from a certain... place... given you can't buy the two songs legally online.

I remember reading on here recently that for a week or two, MJ was at #1 and The Beatles at #2. I thought that was so cool, they're my two most favourite artists of all time and they were both dominating the charts? Especially The Beatles who hadn't released anything new in decades? So so SO awesome.

I hope some of Lennon's Anthology albums are eventually released to streaming services. I sometimes play the FaaB and Real Love demos on YouTube, would love to them in my library! Maybe I'll have to download it from a certain... place... given you can't buy the two songs legally online.
I've decided that I'm going to spring for both Lennon box sets and probably get the George Harrison box set at some point. Possibly give McCartney's post Beatles career a chance for the first time in my life. Heck, if things work out I may even buy the Ringo albums.

And yes, it was great to have The Beatles at #2 and MJ at #1! You would always get to see both videos because they were top2. I think that's also partly why I feel HIStory was MJ's last truly great moment; the music charts were still pretty good and exciting at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided that I'm going to spring for both Lennon box sets and probably get the George Harrison box set at some point. Possibly give McCartney's post Beatles career a chance for the first time in my life. Heck, if things work out I may even buy the Ringo albums.

I love Paul's solo catalogue the most. He has some seriously amazing songs, you should check out Pure McCartney, a 2 or 4 disc compilation he released last year. It's a really cool way to look at his career because he's given many of his top hits, but also a number of unknowns. Say Say Say was on there and he used the opportunity to include the mix from 2015 that featured previously unreleased vocals from Michael.

And yes, it was great to have The Beatles at #2 and MJ at #1! You would always get to see both videos because they were top2.

That'd be so dope! Ahh, just seeing the whole fuss about The Beatles again in the mainstream media. I love it.

^^Ah! That's what those MJ vocals came on 'Pure McCartney?! Well that seems apt and the perfect introductory to solo McCartney then. I will make that my way in.

^^Ah! That's what those MJ vocals came on 'Pure McCartney?! Well that seems apt and the perfect introductory to solo McCartney then. I will make that my way in.

Yep. You have the normal version that's been around since '83, available on the beautifully remastered 2015 reissue of Pipes of Peace. It's a great place to start off with personally my favourite mix as it's more balanced between the two singers.

On the reissue he included a 7 minute remix of the track which featured new vocals primarily by Michael and some by him too. This was edited down into a radio edit that was forwarded to radio stations and Spotify, then later released for sale on Pure McCartney :)

Also on Pipes of Peace, there's a track called The Man. Michael duets on there too!

I can absolutely vouch for Pure McCartney. It has everything you need. Plenty of Maca and Wings for everyone. Its a perfect introduction - then you can guage your favourite sounding songs and go back to the albums. I only really knew Band on the Run and Tug of War/Pipes of Peace before hand, but Wings at the Speed of Sound, McCartney, Ram, Flaming Pie are some of my favourite albums now. Glad to see Real Love being discussed from when I posted it. Such a gorgeous song. My friend sent me the piano demo earlier. Loved it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

By Michael Gallucci March 27, 2017 Ultimate Classic Rock
Ethan-Miller.jpg

Ringo Starr is heading back on the road with his All-Starr Band this fall.

The former Beatles drummer and his star-studded group have announced almost 20 dates starting on Oct. 13 in Las Vegas and winding down nearly a month later with a show in Newark. In between, they’ll play concerts in Austin, Atlanta and New York City, among other U.S. dates.

Almost half of the concerts will take place as part of a limited engagement at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Starr and his band — which includes Todd Rundgren, Gregg Rolie, Steve Lukather, Richard Page, Warren Ham and Gregg Bissonette — will then head to Texas for a trio of shows.

You can see the entire run of shows below.

This All-Starr Band lineup has been around since 2012 and have been Starr’s touring band ever since. “The dream is still unfolding,” Starr said in a press release announcing the new shows. “I love to play, and I love to play with this band. I can’t say that enough, and we’re on the road again.”

Starr was most recently in the studio with his old bandmate Paul McCartney to record a song reportedly for Starr’s next album. His last solo album, Postcards From Paradise, was released in 2015.

Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band Tour Dates
Oct. 13-14, 17, 20-21, 24, 27-28 – Las Vegas, NV @ Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Oct. 30 – El Paso, TX @ Abraham Chavez Theatre
Oct. 31 – Austin TX @ Moody Theater
Nov. 2 – Sugarland, TX @ Smart Sugarland Civic Center
Nov. 4 – Thackerville, OK @ Global Events Center at Winstar
Nov. 7-8 – Ft Lauderdale, FL @ Parker Playhouse
Nov. 11 – Atlanta, GA @ Fox Theater
Nov. 12 – Norfolk, VA @ ODU Pavilion
Nov. 14 – Morristown, NJ @ Mayo Performing Arts Center
Nov. 15 – New York City, NY @ Beacon Theater
Nov. 16 – Newark, NJ @ New Jersey Performing Arts Center

Thanks Duran. Its a shame we dont have Rick Danko or Levon Helm around for it anymore. I always think of them when I see the All Star Band.

Back