The Cascio Tracks Have Been REMOVED!!!

Looks like Spotify is late to the party, but removed from other platforms - is that fair to say?

All I’m gonna say is, the fact that a certain biographer has put more effort into applauding this than he ever did challenging Leaving Neverland or the ensuing lawsuits says a lot about how bad his priorities are.

Anyway, good news I suppose.
Great News!! Leaving Neverland is 3 years old and essentially came and gone. Thank god Michael is slowly but surely starting to get back the love and appreciation he deserves. The Cascio debacle is 12 years old. The MJE and Sony didn’t produce and release LN! Michael already had his day in court pertaining false child abuse allegations and the LN lies have been debunked. I’m just glad the fake tracks aren’t being sold and displayed on streaming apps. Just like I can’t wait for Robson and Safechuck to lose ANOTHER appeal!!

I would consider them being off streaming a mistake that could be corrected but the fact they don't seem to be officially associated with MJ on YouTube anymore makes me think something is going on. Can't find any videos of the songs that are in the MJ category or are from the official MJ channel on there.

Cascio tracks had been co-administrated by Kobalt Music Publishing. First they were just co-published under "Jab Me Music", then - I believe - "JibJab Music" (or so, couldn't find info on that right now) and then - I believe around the time when the Sony/ATV buyout happened - they went to Kobalt Music Publishing.

So the current removal is likely to have to do with "rights of exploitation" (the last word can easily be misunderstood) which are administration/publishing rights. For that there can be many reasons.

In short: I would be careful to attribute the removal to the ongoing controversy as of now.

whoever sang the songs properly took them to court over royalties or something? Malachi or porte?

It won't happen but it would be pretty wild if they gave us remixes meant for the album, like Stop Throwing Your Life Away.

Cascio tracks had been co-administrated by Kobalt Music Publishing. First they were just co-published under "Jab Me Music", then - I believe - "JibJab Music" (or so, couldn't find info on that right now) and then - I believe around the time when the Sony/ATV buyout happened - they went to Kobalt Music Publishing.

So the current removal is likely to have to do with "rights of exploitation" (the last word can easily be misunderstood) which are administration/publishing rights. For that there can be many reasons.

In short: I would be careful to attribute the removal to the ongoing controversy as of now.
Again, famous defender and believer in fake songs. Do you you really still believe they are real?

can't be because of some "rights".
why would they remove the -whole- album on youtube?

I really hope this is true - and I really hope the Cascio songs will be effectively removed from MJ's discography.

BUT - on iTunes - The Ultimate Collection - the 3 fake songs still appear.

I’ll sue the estate for not being able to listen to these 3 songs rn
The songs are trash and obviously fake but we paid for them when buying the original album. That means they owe us something because they profited from us. Maybe they will rerelease with 3 different songs and give it free 😂

Maybe J3 have finally takes charge and forces SONY/The Estate to remove the fake songs??

In the US they are still on Spotify, but not on Apple Music 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone here know about law? is the Estate legally obligated to refund or to give 3 more songs? Wishful thinking but I can't imagine them releasing the leaked remixes because they're already out on Xscape or releasing songs that they saved for future releases, so they could put the demos of some songs.

Does anyone here know about law? is the Estate legally obligated to refund or to give 3 more songs? Wishful thinking but I can't imagine them releasing the leaked remixes because they're already out on Xscape or releasing songs that they saved for future releases, so they could put the demos of some songs.
Maybe they’ll give us the leaked Cascio demos

This was my initial thought. It isn't unsual to remove songs from streaming services due to rights issues.

However, the so called 3 Cascio tracks have also been removed from digital music stores - the Michael album is now listed as a 7-track cd. Based on my observations, albums with (partial) rights expiration were always pulled off entirely - which isn't the case here.

Back