The Culture Club appreication thread

^^^^I didn't know they recorded anything, I thought they were just performing Culture Club songs in concert with a different singer like Journey or Queen.

Well, New Culture Club did start recording, but they never put out anything... The group they evolved into "Culture Dub" recorded quite a few things, and also released an album on the net, never really was able to find it though... you can hear their version of Karma Chameleon and a few other songs here
http://www.myspace.com/culturehub ... at the end Culture Dub was mostly Phil Phicket and Silvio, Phil is one of the people who wrote KC.

Here's a recent picture of the group
1321388216600_f.jpg

I have been listening to Victims on repeat for weeks. Boy George's voice was so soulful and emotional, and it doesn't matter that Culture Club were at their peak in the 80's, I never tire of hearing their music from that era. As much as I love Karma Chameleon, they have other amazing songs that need to be heard.

I wasn't a huge fan of culture club, but enjoyed their music until Boy George left the band to play solo. After that, I don't remember anything from the band that appealed to me. The guy that replaced Boy George seemed pathetic trying to imitate George's initial run in the band wearing that braided wig and singing Karma Chameleon. Ain't nothing like the real thing.

On the other hand, George's solo career was great at the beginning, but he screwed up everything, doing stupid things. Now, he seems just a ghost of what he used to be.

2014 ➤ Reunion in the air for Culture Club – again
January 31, 2014

Boy George posts a new pic at Facebook Jan 31, and says:
Had a little writing session with the Club last week. Four degrees of pout! The plot thickens.” … His website adds: “Expect a new album and a tour from Culture Club by the end of 2014.
The last time George announced a Culture Club reunion (2011 New Year’s Eve gig in Sydney, Australia) Jon Moss was also photographed in the studio rehearsals, but he didn’t turn up on the night.

The Late Late Show with James Corden (October 5, 2018)

Life

[video=youtube;3La_vgpIFtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3La_vgpIFtY[/video]

Back