The Estate of Michael Jackson enters partnership with Sony Mobile

Re: [MJ Estate] Monday an announcement coming your way

That's what I get to have my hopes too high, MEH! :wtf: I'll be happy if we get to hear Michael's version, the way he left it the last time he worked in it. The same for the rest of the album, I couldn't care less about the new versions.

If this is the new mix, we should only judge the entire song with complete vocals!
From the snippet it doesn't sound (necessarly) better, but more professional than the Tricky mix for sure.

Yeah, I agree. This new version has mostly an instrumental part from the chorus. We'll see.

I'm hyped. The mix is not my cup of tea, but it sounds "fuller" than Tricky's job.

163649hf84y7n4uuh7t6u3.jpg

waste of time, sony xperia. no thanks. what a waste.

Hehe, it made my day!

Lol! I just read about it online. OK.
Ah well. Maybe the spring will bring a bigger, better announcement.

Good night/morning all. :yawn:

waste of time, sony xperia. no thanks. what a waste.

It doesn't matter, im not interested in phones either. But a lot of people are and this could therefore help to create hype for the song/album.

Hopefully they release the info soon what this is all about. Is it the new single? Or just a "promo song" for the new album which will not be released as a single in the end?

and to top it all off, the instrumentals sound like todays shit. well done for ****ing it up, now Michael will be thought of as a computer processed piece of crap. disgusted. by everything.

Sony Will Use The Music Of Michael Jackson To Promote Xperia Z2

Sony today announced a partnership with the Michael Jackson estate, which will see the music of Jackson being used as part of the promotional material for the Xperia Z2.

Jackson was hailed as one of the best artists in the world as part of Sony's presentation at Mobile World Congress, and as Sony is heralding the Xperia Z2 as one of the best devices for the aural experience, it makes sense for the company to partner with such a prestigious artist.
The music of Michael Jackson will be used in advertising, as can be seen from the 90-second short video that the company showed at its presentation and will release publicly shortly. More will be announced in the coming weeks as to how the partnership impacts customers who purchase an Xperia Z2.

Sony was keeping its cards relatively close to its chest at Mobile World Congress, but is very excited by this partnership.

- See more at: http://www.clickonline.com/tech/son...promote-xperia-z2/23278/#sthash.svjuj3JR.dpuf

Sony working with Michael Jackson on 'special' Xperia Z2 smartphone launch

By Hunter Skipworth

Sony has announced that it has worked with the estate of Michael Jackson on the launch of its new Xperia Z2 smartphone.

An advert for the handset featuring Jackson's unreleased track 'Slave 2 The Rhythm' was shown to press at MWC.

The song was worked on during Jackson's Dangerous sessions and completed in 1998, before leaking onto the internet in 2010. A version featuring vocals from Justin Bieber emerged online in August 2013.

Buyers of the smartphone are reportedly being treated to 'something special' around Jackson's music.

What exactly it is remains to be seen, but given Sony Music's ties with Jackson's current music library, it is possible users will see tracks bundled with the device.

The smartphone is unique in that it features a digital noise canceling processor in the handset, providing improved sound quality in noisy environments with its included headphones.

Sony has promised more information on the Michael Jackson news over the coming weeks.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news...peria-z2-smartphone-launch.html#ixzz2uEE0Mgee

I'm trying not to judge prematurely, so all I'm saying right now is: I hope they will make MJ's original demos/songs available. That's what I'm more interested in.

and to top it all off, the instrumentals sound like todays shit. well done for ****ing it up, now Michael will be thought of as a computer processed piece of crap. disgusted. by everything.
i agree but Im pretty sure its only remixed like this for the video.

I knew it would be about phones but I thought it was Samsung cuz theyre gonna announce the S5 soon. Xperia Z2 is cool but S5 might be a lot better...

mkgenie Have you heard anything regarding if this (version) will be the first single or anything about the album? :) Thanks.

Sony has promised more information on the Michael Jackson news over the coming weeks.

So this was the announcement for today and more is coming up about MJ in the coming weeks?

Sony has announced that it has worked with the estate of Michael Jackson on the launch of its new Xperia Z2 smartphone.

An advert for the handset featuring Jackson's unreleased track 'Slave 2 The Rhythm' was shown to press at MWC.

The song was worked on during Jackson's Dangerous sessions and completed in 1998, before leaking onto the internet in 2010. A version featuring vocals from Justin Bieber emerged online in August 2013.

Buyers of the smartphone are reportedly being treated to 'something special' around Jackson's music.

What exactly it is remains to be seen, but given Sony Music's ties with Jackson's current music library, it is possible users will see tracks bundled with the device.

The smartphone is unique in that it features a digital noise cancelling processor in the handset, providing improved sound quality in noisy environments with its included headphones.

Source:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/ne...n-on-special-xperia-z2-smartphone-launch.html

oh, yeah.. let's give buyers of a multi hundred dollar phone shitty remixes from the king of music, because that will suffice for his hardcore fanbase won't it????????????????? useless, if this is the mix that is being released and there ain't no demo's then i'm keeping my money. MONG'S.

I hope the "something special" are just the MJ songs on the phone and nothing exclusive where you have to buy the phone to get it.

Sony and Estate also mentioned that there are more NEWS to come about new MJ Music! So I guess YES IT COULD BE THE FIRST SINGLE!!!

Don't like how the song sounds at all and the commercial is horribly boring and imo doesn't fit the song. Think it's sad when genius is paired with mediocrity. I do like the phone though

BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL, WISHING I WAS ALIVE IN THIS DECADE!!!!!

Don't like how the song sounds at all and the commercial is horribly boring and imo doesn't fit the song. Think it's sad when genius is paired with mediocrity. I do like the phone though

Well said. Slave to the Rhythm is about a woman's struggles in a marriage. I don't think that theme fits to this commercial. Though because only the chorus "slave to the rhythm" is used in the commercial people might think it's about a shallow song about dancing, but it's not.

Jesus....

Of course it's a remix. As far as we know the remix versions will be the ones known to the general public and you will hear on the radio. Original versions are "bonus"

lol_face_meme.jpg

At least it gets the song more exposure. I'm not going to buy a phone though to get Michael's music if that's what they're planning on doing. I also hope the music will be available as mp3s and/or on CD, not just in ads. The Estate scares me sometimes...

Of course it's a remix. As far as we know the remix versions will be the ones known to the general public and you will hear on the radio. Original versions are "bonus"

it's unconfirmed there's even a new album coming, these ''something special'' may be the only way to hear them when bought by the phone.. this is the only news we have right now. also, i wouldn't hold your breath on us getting the original versions, my expectations are we get nothing at all.

it's unconfirmed there's even a new album coming, these ''something special'' may be the only way to hear them when bought by the phone.. this is the only news we have right now. also, i wouldn't hold your breath on us getting the original versions, my expectations are we get nothing at all.

yeah, we don't know for sure. I hope the "something special" are just MJ songs for "free" which you would have to buy otherwise and nothing exclusive.

Ok. You said that once. Can you cut it out already? This is a thread where we anticipate the new releases. If you expect nothing at all go to the chit-chat thread.

Back