The Great Debate - Poll of Polls

Do I believe It Is Michael On The Three Tracks In Question.

• Yes

Votes: 152 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 135 35.2%
  • I Can Not Decide

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • Maybe in Parts

Votes: 73 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^
ok L.T.D

Eddie looks insincere to you.
Then it is all clear.
HE MUST BE GUILTY!

LMFAO

@ the samhabib:
To me, you're the perfect definition of a hater.

Your posts are without any merit.
They only spread hate and show that you are uninformed, uneducated & ignorant.
And THAT IS MY opinion!

By the way:
You're on the verge to get on my ignore list. (barok.. also)

Welcome to the forum! Are you a fan of the "new era"? Did you become a fan after you learned that "michael" was about to get released? Were you previously a Malachi fan?

(I just added you to my ignore list, I won't miss a new provocateur)

MJJuniorSinceMW;3157873 @ the samhabib: To me said:
the perfect definition of a hater[/B].

And THAT IS MY opinion!

By the way:

I am just curious to hear your definition of someone who says to a person that he is uninformed, uneducated and ignorant.

everyone should stop insults to each other remember it's a reason for 10 day ban

everyone should stop insults to each other remember it's a reason for 10 day ban

Yes I PM-ed MJJunior already to stop with it, but I think he was really angry... Sometimes I need to calm down too... and take a little distance :).

Thanks for helping, that's welcome Ivy!

Peace.

Welcome to the forum! Are you a fan of the "new era"? Did you become a fan after you learned that "michael" was about to get released? Were you previously a Malachi fan?

(I just added you to my ignore list, I won't miss a new provocateur)

I don't understand what that has to do with anything. It sounds as if you're also belittling that persons belief, or anyone who thinks it's Michael, isn't a "real fan". Care to offer an explanation for what that means?

Yes, I believe it is Michael on the three tracks in question.

I think 10 day bans would really help some people calm down. It worked for me. I was arguing about this but I got a 10 day ban and now I'm fine. Some people here still need to relax.

Last edited:
To re-iterate what ivy said the insults have to stop now. No more insinuating that people aren't real fans because of their join date or haters as they do not believe what you believe. If it carries on we will need to take further action. Thanks everyone.

I dont believe it is him. Listen to Best of Joy recorded in 2009 compared to KYHU. Where is that shaky vibrato? Sounds like a completely different person. Not to mention the fact that those songs sound EXACTLY like Jason Malachi. Michael has never sounded like him, he always had his unique sound to his voice. Why would he all of a sudden sound like Jason? It just doesn't make sense to me.

October 2010:

singer jason malachi finds that sounding like ***** can be *****:

october 1, 2010 - 10:30 am

back in 2007, a pittsburgh radio station broadcast what it thought was a brand new, unreleased michael jackson track. The song, "mamacita," made it all the way to celebrity gossip site tmz, which wrote of the single, "either the king of pop is on a mission to reclaim his throne, or some other smooth criminal is pulling a fast one."

the song was written and recorded by germantown native jason malachi, but he wasn't trying to pull a fast one over on anyone. Malachi didn't attempt to fool people into thinking it was a michael jackson track, but it's easy to see why the mistake was made. Although malachi is a white guy from maryland, who works in law enforcement, he does sound a lot like jackson.

"with the tmz story, it came at a low point in my career, when i started working in law enforcement," malachi says. "my best friend called me and says, 'your song "mamacita" is all over tmz, they’re saying it’s not you, they're saying it’s michael jackson.' then, my attorney contacted tmz and, said, 'that's not michael, that’s jason malachi.'"

the next day, a story appeared on tmz, clearing up the whole thing. The headline: “new ***** tracko—done by a white guy!”

this was, naturally, a turning point in malachi's career.

"it catapulted my career, people wanted me to do cameos, shows—they couldn't believe my voice was so similar," says malachi, who will perform at the 28th annual germantown oktoberfest tomorrow.

"and, i can't confirm this, but at the time, my management said they received a call from michael, and that he wanted to work with me," malachi continues. "now, it could've been someone posing as michael, but he said he was interested in doing something with me."

the thing is, malachi insists he isn't trying to sound like michael at all. “i don’t try to sound like michael," he says. Michael,' "producers tell me i naturally have same vocal structure—that's really how i sound. When people say, 'you're trying to sound like i say, 'no, if i wanna sound like michael, you won’t know the the difference [between me and him]. if you want me to get mike-ified, i can do it.'"

even though the resemblance isn't intentional, and malachi has been releasing studio albums since for years (his latest is critical), appearing on a site like tmz opens doors. He has performed in las vegas, at a party where heidi montag and spencer pratt, of the mtv series the hills, put in an appearance. He says that suge knight once expressed interest in signing him and flew him out to california. They talked about a record deal while riding horses (knight's horse was named "gangster," malachi says), even though he decided eventually not to sign with the infamous impresario.

But with the increased fame also came increased hate. One commenter on tmz wrote, “ok....he sounds a lil like michael, but honestly, he doesnt sound exactly like him. Hes good, but when mike comes back, he better hold his breath.” malachi says some especially ***** ***** fans even found his home numer and began calling him with death threats, telling him to stop stomping on jackson's turf.

and then, michael jackson died in june 2009. And, as the world mourned the king of pop, things took a strange, but fortuitous turn.

“people will see me and hear music on my facebook and myspace, and they think it’s a conspiracy, that i don’t exist and michael didn’t die," malachi says. "they talk about how 'malachi' backwards is 'michael', it’s crazy. They write these long things..."

indeed, the web is filled with strange rants about malachi and michael. One fan writes, under the facebook topic "jason malachi is michael jackson. All of the evidence is here": "trust me, if there was someone out there who sounded identical to michael jackson the way that "jason malachi" does, he'd definitely have 15 or 30 minutes of fame. And somehow, the only information you can dig up on jason malachi is from his myspace page. This whole thing is way to quiet."

those mj fans who believe that malachi does indeed exist seem to be more open to his music now that the real mj is gone. In missing michael, some seem to be embracing malachi. "before [jackson died], reaction was about 50/50, of people that liked it or didn't like it," malachi says. "i was getting threats from people saying, 'you're trying to be like michael, he's our king, leave him alone.' and then other people were like, 'oh this is a new chapter.' after he passed it seemed like a total [positive] transition. "

the singer was even invited to perform at a special event at cleveland's rock and roll hall of fame in june, to honor jackson, performing with established artists such as angie stone.

Malachi says that despite having to cram in rehearsals between sheriff duties, he killed it. He brought dancers with him, and even moved the crowd after the cd of music brought started skipping and he had to sing a capella."

“i let crowd pick, i said, 'y’all wanna hear a michael jackson song?' one lady wanted 'gone too soon,' and when i started doing it, i saw people crying," he says. "i did 'wanna be startin' somethin',' which is a hard song to do, and nailed the vocals. But i didn’t want to do michael's choreography. I didn’t want to be a copycat, i wanted to differentiate."

malachi also put a couple of his own songs in the set, he says, and passed out cds, but the michael songs were the highlight.

"even my wife sometimes is like, 'honey, i gotta be honest with you, you sometimes sing michael's songs better than your songs,'"
malachi says.

Malachi is figuring out exactly how to capitalize on the jackson-driven interest in his music without venturing into impersonation.

On his latest album, malachi reworked the track "a hero fell," which was originally created for usa cares, as a song for the troops, into a ***** tribute. He also says that three of his songs turned up on a michael jackson ultimate collection release in china, "i'm just riding in the honda with my wife, and we're listening to the set ,and there are songs on there listed as new michael songs, but they're my songs," malachi says.

Although malachi's attorney is on the case, trying to figure out why malachi's music is on a jackson comp, the singer says that he can understand the interest in his music from ***** fans.

"i'm mentioned a lot on michael jackson fan websites," he says. "people will say, 'now that michael's gone, he's the closest thing we've got vocally.'"

singer jason malachi finds that sounding like ***** can be ***** - @tbd arts | tbd.com

I myself am kind of undecided....parts do sound like Michael while other parts of the vocals sound entirely to deep to be Michael..IMO

@ the samhabib:
To me, you're the perfect definition of a hater.

And THAT IS MY opinion!

Yes... it's true... look at how much I hate Michael Jackson:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43225&id=732517316&l=7b985b8bbc

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43218&id=732517316&l=67ae795e7c

http://www.mj-777.com/?p=3255

http://www.mj-777.com/?p=4088

http://blog.learcenter.org/2010/06/remembering_michael_jackson_mo.html

Man... that's some real hate right there! :)

By the way:

You broke my heart...

^ Yeah! Hahaha... and those newpaper cuttings dating back to 1984 are proof of that! Hahahaha :)

I've even got my 'Guy' ticket in that folder - went to see them back in 1991! When Teddy Riley wasn't the sell out that he is now. So you can see why I'm so disgusted by his actions!

^I also used to buy every single magazine with the tiniest picture of MJ in it.

^I also used to buy every single magazine with the tiniest picture of MJ in it.

My friend and I used to go to the library and cut out pictures of MJ from the magazine racks...lol...Yes, I destroyed literature, but it was all for my love of The Man...:ninja:

I've been thinking (if I can after all and rather late)... what frightens me more than the possibility of fake vocals is this :

How many people knew of the existence of JasonM before all this happened?
How many people know now that a singer exists that "almost perfectly" can imitate Michael's voice, or even has almost the same voice?

Well, if all world will know now that there is a "second MJ" (in their eyes), then the value of Michael Jackson will lower in many people's eyes (and ears). He won't be unique anymore...
That alone is a good reason to not make so much "publicity" for Jason.

But maybe it is already too late... I don't know, maybe not, not the whole world is so much on internet like we are.

I've been thinking (if I can after all and rather late)... what frightens me more than the possibility of fake vocals is this :

How many people knew of the existence of JasonM before all this happened?
How many people know now that a singer exists that "almost perfectly" can imitate Michael's voice, or even has almost the same voice?

Well, if all world will know now that there is a "second MJ" (in their eyes), then the value of Michael Jackson will lower in many people's eyes (and ears). He won't be unique anymore...

But maybe it is already too late... I don't know, maybe not, not the whole world is so much on internet like we are.

The problem is that there are already some fake MJ's albums such as 7EVEN circulating with some JM songs on it.

The problem is that there are already some fake MJ's albums such as 7EVEN circulating with some JM songs on it.

I know Bumper Snippet... and I hate it.
But no, the world should not think that someone sings "almost as good as" Michael...

Was just thinking, I could not catch why the JM talk hurted me so much. First I thought it was because of the album and because I thought the vocals were not fake and so on.

But no it is not that, I just can't stand the JM's name anymore. That name is sooo much spread on the net now and it hurts Michael's name.
I feel like crying... I want to see Michael's name as the "unique"!

But no, the world should not think that someone sings "almost as good as" Michael...

Was just thinking, I could not catch why the JM talk hurted me so much. First I thought it was because of the album and because I thought the vocals were not fake and so on.

But no it is not that, I just can't stand the JM's name anymore. That name is sooo much spread on the net now and it hurts Michael's name.

Don't worry ;) First here's a hug for you. Second, MJ will never be equaled. MJ is so huge that JM will always be just in MJ's shadow.

Don't worry ;) First here's a hug for you. Second, MJ will never be equaled. MJ is so huge that JM will always be just in MJ's shadow.

Thanks for the hug, that feels better :). I know, oh how much I know that MJ never will be equaled! We know... but some other people don't. But that's normal, that's human world.

Trying to think more positive now, heads up :)...
Thanks for the hug and comforting :)!

I cannot tell you how much JM talk bugs me personally. To be clear I do not mind the vocals authenticity discussion or people saying that the vocals possibly aren't Michael's. What bugs me is the constant push of claims that they are JM's. It seems like almost advocating and promoting JM.

I cannot tell you how much JM talk bugs me personally. To be clear I do not mind the vocals authenticity discussion or people saying that the vocals possibly aren't Michael's. What bugs me is the constant push of claims that they are JM's. It seems like almost advocating and promoting JM.

Personally, I don't throw in Jason Malachi's name into a discussion to annoy people or wind them up. I mention him because I want people to know his name, to search him on YouTube and hear his songs, to hear the unmistakeable similarities between his voice and the Cascio vocals.

You can't deny that his name is significant to these discussions. Fair enough if you don't believe it's him, but he's the sole reason why some of us (me included) don't believe in the Cascio songs. For us, the comparisons are solid as evidence, more solid than the stories we've been told by the people involved. They're just words, but the real proof lies in the pudding.

He sounds absolutely NOTHING like Michael Jackson. That's the issue.

jrsfan;3158877 said:
:flowers:Thanks so much for your work on seven's site. *I really loved it.

Don't thank me... I was just commenting on Michael's work. What a genius he was, man. A real genius. It's just a shame more of us don't celebrate the man's work enough. You know, reading fans claiming that 'Jam' isn't 'political' and such... he was a political powerhouse!

Singing 'They Don't Care About Us'*in the “Largo do Pelourinho"? The same spot where slaves were whipped and tortured by their masters? The man was a GENIUS! A certifiable genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back