The Hologram Tour Thread

Billyjeanplxiv

Proud Member
While not confirmed at all. Some have suggested the Billboard Show performance could be followed by a Xscape Tour via Hologram.

If this was to happen, I would support it.
Michael was about innovation, doing something nobody has seen before.
In Japan a fictional girl band is displayed as holograms and they play shows.

Imagine if Michael (CGI, Live Footage) could be made to tour as a hologram.
I've been thinking they may end up using an Impersonator for a body with CGI face composited onto it. ***Much to what MICHAEL HIMSELF DID in the 1994 Pepsi commercial. They used a white boy as little Michael and composited the young Michael's face on his body creating a very cool ad. ****

They could also use HD footage of Michael. Or a blend of every option possible to create a very unique experience. Id support this, it would be cool to go an see. Even if Michael himself really isn't there. I feel he would be all for it.

Weather or not you think its morally acceptable or greedy. Would you still go and see a show?

I would go and watch a show, and id probably have a good time. :) Maybe they could get the This is it crew back together? Wouldn't that be something....if only....

I would not support this if they had to use an impersonator's moves because as a dancer I notice how terrible all impersonators are at recreating Michael's movements. If there were a way to use Michael's movements, then I'd be all for it, as I've never seen him perform live. I always wanted them to do a This Is It tribute concert where all the band and dancers go through the setlist. It would be so cool if there was a Michael hologram in it too. If not I would just like it to be the band and the dancers doing the concert with all the effects and things Michael had planned.

No. Not at all. It is not the same.... Hearing Michael sing live is much better than hearing a machine sing a Michael Jackson song.... It's not the same...

It will never be the same, but that's just what it is.

A Hologram tour, if done right like 'Lil Ced' said, containing MJ's own dancing and moves would get 100% support from me. It would definitely be amazing. It's very easy to accept that it's just a tribute.

No. Not at all. It is not the same.... Hearing Michael sing live is much better than hearing a machine sing a Michael Jackson song.... It's not the same...
Obviously, but how would you propose we hear Michael sing live? I don't think this is meant as a traditional tour, it's a..... posthumous tour, for a posthumous album?.... this conversation is going to get weird really fast o_0

I would be in complete favor of this, as a fan... who didn't get a chance to see Michael live... this would definitely be the next best thing, Michael's hologram will be performing slave to the rhythm at the billboard awards on sunday. Let's hope a tour follows, i would be so happy if i could see this in person... and it would be a creative & unique tribute to Michael's art.

I'll just repost what I wrote elsewhere about this:

I never got to see Michael in person either, but unless they turned old footage into a hologram and presented it in its original state (which would basically just be a new way to present an old, existing performance Michael actually conducted - e.g., Motown 25, the holographic version), I am against the use of a hologram. Making 'Michael' perform songs he never performed is just incredibly tasteless and classless in my opinion. Yes, it would have been a dream come true for me to have seen Michael perform live, but it did not happen. I'd much rather just accept that than to cling to a holographic fantasy, which, beyond the fact that I find it disrespectful, will not compare to seeing Michael in person in any way, shape, or form anyway. To me, he lives on through all the amazing performances he gave during his lifetime. And there are plenty of concerts the Estate can still release in the future - I'd much rather see them do that than his hologram idea.

Even casting aside the ethical issue, I think it will be a difficult task to make this hologram look decent. If the rumours are true that movements by Navi (or any other impersonator for that matter) are going to be used, it's obviously not going to look like Michael. I saw a clip of the One hologram and it's clearly an impersonator, doing Billie Jean choreography to Man in the Mirror. It looked nothing like Michael. The average person might see a moonwalk and a leg kick and think "yeah, looks like Michael Jackson," but as fans we can instantly tell if the moves are not his.

As technology advances I think this will definitely be the future for deceased performers. Wouldn't it be something if Michael Jackson was the innovator of this trend? Yes, I'd definitely support a hologram tour.

Eeh, I don't know... I think this just crosses into the "creepy" territory for me. I mean, MJ's vocals are on Xscape but it's not really his project. Having dead MJ tour with an album that he wasn't alive to complete anyway just sounds... bad in my ears.

I never got the chance to see MJ live but I don't know. Having a hologram tour would leave a really bad taste in my mouth. I would want the whole thing to rest at releasing posthomous material personally. Personally I find that dancing on the "edge" already in terms of it being alright or not ethically speaking (especially since MJ was so hands-on and perfectionist about his craft).

So I'd have to be the cranky naysayer here. :)

I think like what Zakk said, it's great for those of us who haven't seen Michael live. But I'm mixed on this, because as said, if they use an impersonator, like they did for the one at the MJ One shows (which I hope whatever they debut at the Billboard awards surpasses greatly in terms of technology used.) then it's not going to really be that great. Real fans will notice it isn't Michael's actual movements.

If what that person said on that other thread, about the Tupac hologram being made using chopped up footage of Tupac's actual live performances and videos containing his actual movements, instead of an impersonator, is true. Then I'd be all for it.

Aside from what all of you just said, I would be all for the hologram - but from the live show. I'd love the Estate to transform the HD footage in order to set up a re-tour of MJ hologram. Just imagine - be able to watch Bad Tour hologram with live vocals and all the stuff in 2015! That would be it!

I'd love to see a hologram, but only if they can do it using real MJ footage. An impersonator doing the moves would be horrible and disrespectful.

It would take years to create a full concert experience with frame by frame genuine Michael movements, taken from all his concerts, videos and performances. I would support it if it looked as authentic as Tupac at Coachella 2012. The hologram would have to be 100% accurate.

I want his legacy to live on forever, I would support this fully.
This is all we have now, we don't have Michael here to create new magic but if they can create something with the magic he made while he was here than that's a big yes from me :)

I'd love to see a hologram, but only if they can do it using real MJ footage. An impersonator doing the moves would be horrible and disrespectful.

I agree with this. Hologram could work, but CANNOT BE AN IMPERSONATOR!! Needs to be real MJ footage, high caliber and technology. Definitely some ethical creepy concerns, but I think Hologram tour more of an opportunity for MJ fans to come together and celebrate MJ's music and legacy. Just like the Cirque shows, fans aren't really coming to see MJ, they want an MJ experience through his music.

I want his legacy to live on forever, I would support this fully.
This is all we have now, we don't have Michael here to create new magic but if they can create something with the magic he made while he was here than that's a big yes from me :)

I think a MJ Hologram tour would work, but CANNOT BE AN IMPERSONATOR. I think Hologram tour has some ethical issues, I feel the tour be about fans having an opportunity to celebrate MJ's legacy together as fans. The Hologram tour like Cirque is for an MJ experience emotionally, not really about watching the physical human MJ. So, I think the Estate if they introduce an unbelievable Hologram, the tour would be cool

I hope that the Michael Jackson online Estate has seen this thread. We all agree that for this to happen it need to be MJ footages with his moves and no IMPERSONATAR

I too have never seen MJ perform live and if this is done correctly yes i too would support it.

No..just no! Bad idea. The Billboard Awards was a ^&%ing disaster, and this would be the cherry on top. I don't care what anyone says. All the sheep that backs whatever the estate or Sony does, and the estate and Sony themselves need to wake the F up. This hologram crap is disrespectful to Michael's legacy...and the intelligence of his fans.

I think this would be a great idea. My kids are going wild over the STTR one and they know Michael is no longer with us. They just love it. So if they can keep working on it. It would certainly be a win win for everyone.

Just, a realistic thought here...But if they started a Hologram Tour, using the same thing they use at the BBMA's, isn't that just the same as going to see a tribute artist perform? You can do that, and it'd probably be for a lot less money, than a "Holographic "MJ" Tour", with no actual MJ, but instead the body and movements of an impersonator.

Hey, at most, this is just my curiosity, but wouldn't this be exactly the same as going to see a tribute artist perform?

Just, a realistic thought here...But if they started a Hologram Tour, using the same thing they use at the BBMA's, isn't that just the same as going to see a tribute artist perform? You can do that, and it'd probably be for a lot less money, than a "Holographic "MJ" Tour", with no actual MJ, but instead the body and movements of an impersonator.

Hey, at most, this is just my curiosity, but wouldn't this be exactly the same as going to see a tribute artist perform?

Pretty much but a officially endorsed MJ replacement Tribute artist, infact its like going to watch a recording of a tribute artist. Just looking at MJ doing his sh!t in ur signature and this still seems so wrong xD

Birchey i just can't get over you signature Michael not please with this person it like Michael saying what side do you want me on he is not happy and the look he give MJ he is not please.

Birchey i just can't get over you signature Michael not please with this person it like Michael saying what side do you want me on he is not happy and the look he give MJ he is not please.

Lol, I remember watching the Making of SIM several years back and laughing so hard at this guy and MJ's reactions to him. This guy completly freaked MJ out, MJ is like get this guy over and done with ASAP please.

Back