The Jackson 5 Thread

Two songs that I believe are Jackson Five masterpieces, "It's Great To Be Here" and "I Am Love".

Too bad the video creator didn't feel the need to give credit to Michael's bros in the video title.
That's not unusual on Youtube. I've seen videos credited only to Mike, no matter how minor his part is like on Donna Summer and Minnie Riperton songs. There's one person who uploaded entire J5/Jacksons albums but left off the songs where he's not the main lead and has them labeled as Michael albums. :rofl:

Two songs that I believe are Jackson Five masterpieces, "It's Great To Be Here" and "I Am Love".

I am love is totally amazing. Love it to bits. :bow:

That's not unusual on Youtube. I've seen videos credited only to Mike, no matter how minor his part is like on Donna Summer and Minnie Riperton songs. There's one person who uploaded entire J5/Jacksons albums but left off the songs where he's not the main lead and has them labeled as Michael albums. :rofl:

Do they? LOL Well, I had never run into such a thing before. I know people love Michael greatly and appreciate his many talents, but they can go overboard at times. :ph34r:

I don't suppose I've already mentioned just how cool I think this thread is :D I'm afraid I'm gettin' addicted to it and I foresee quite a few other posts in here :p It's mind boggling really to realize it has been here, in plain sight since 2008. Thanks again for resurrecting it :)

this one is so hilarious. I really like Carol Burnett, she's so funny. They also did ABC on this one, dunno why it's not in this video
Lol they had an earthquake during that. I'm not sure if it was live but the Jacksons are really having a conversation & they didnt cut or edit anything unless it just was to perfect & fit right in

JERMAINE:this is the gig of a lifetime fellas
EARTHQUAKE_
MARLON:hey man...cant we split
MICHAEL:we cant man,mama paid in advance
CAROL BURNETTE:no talking the earth just moved

I never understood why they have so many greatest hits,number1,trilogy,anthology ,soulsation,love songs,gold,essential,the j5 story...etc they all have the same songs. Why do they constantly release new titles. Like ppl are going to collect all of them. Like the album cover of invincible. Just different colors,same exact music!

Lol they had an earthquake during that. I'm not sure if it was live but the Jacksons are really having a conversation & they didnt cut or edit anything unless it just was to perfect & fit right in

JERMAINE:this is the gig of a lifetime fellas
EARTHQUAKE_
MARLON:hey man...cant we split
MICHAEL:we cant man,mama paid in advance
CAROL BURNETTE:no talking the earth just moved

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/the-earth-moved
:fear:

I never understood why they have so many greatest hits,number1,trilogy,anthology ,soulsation,love songs,gold,essential,the j5 story...etc they all have the same songs. Why do they constantly release new titles. Like ppl are going to collect all of them. Like the album cover of invincible. Just different colors,same exact music!

when I was younger I had to collect EVERYTHING. including all those different colors of the Invincible album cover :yes: I bought them all when they came out. and I have like a zillion jackson 5 compilations....

The multiple J5 packages are more to do with Motown releasing to different markets, and I think a lot of it was/is to cash in on MJ success such as releasing compilations every time MJ would release a solo album. But I agree with you, there quite mind boggling.

The multiple J5 packages are more to do with Motown releasing to different markets, and I think a lot of it was/is to cash in on MJ success such as releasing compilations every time MJ would release a solo album. But I agree with you, there quite mind boggling.
I swear they r!

Motown was quite shameless About re-releasing their material each and every time Michael released an album.
But maybe all record companies are and I just noticed here bc it was Michael.

Motown released many compilations with most of their popular 1960s era acts and also various artists compilations with many of the same songs (ig. I Can't Help Myself, My Girl, I Heard It Through The Grapevine). It's not exclusive to the J5. In the 1980s, they even put out a Al Green Greatest Hits and Al had never been on Motown. But what's different from the other acts is Motown releasing a remix album of previously unreleased songs like Farewell My Summer Love.

search

This one of my favor i love it Michael is so cute here it was so easy to fall in love with Michael.

I'm not sure what all has been posted in this thread, But just wanted to share some of my favorite Jackson 5...

Carol Burnett Show - Body Language

Carol Burnett - Vintage rendition

The Jacksons Summer TV Show - Cisco Kid/I shot the sheriff

The Jacksons Summer TV Show - w/ Dom Delouis

I'll share more laters... ;)
Love, K.

I think that this is one of the most distinctive-sounding soul recordings ever!

Record Store Day was a few weeks ago and I was able to get a copy of the J5 album "Joyful Jokebox Music". For those of you who don't know, this album is a collection of songs that were recorded exactly as Michael voice was changing. It was released the year after most of the boys jumped ship from Motown to Epic/CBS records and shortly after they released "The Jacksons" album that had "Enjoy Yourself" and "Show You The Way to Go". Think of this album as an epilogue to the J5 Motown albums/era.

Anyway, most of the songs are your typical late J5/disco era stuff, but aside from the rarity of this album and the fact that all of these songs are pretty rare and seldom heard, the main reason to buy this album is because of the song "We're Here To Entertain You", which is a heartfelt retrospective of the brother's rise o stardom that was recorded when they were about to begin the next chapter of their lives by writing and producing their own music at CBS. Even if you don't listen to the album, do yourself a favor and listen to what is arguably the best song on the album:

Back