The Jacksons - clip from the BBC Proms in the Park 2015 (Hyde Park)

^^thank you so much for posting. Loved every second of that.
How cool with the gigantic orchestra and the AB film in the background.
Beautiful place too.

Thanks for posting this. I never realized how quietly they sang? And LOL at Marlon's dancing. Well ... basically everything Marlon did. He's one of my fav's. I also had to laugh at their faces the whole time which essentially read "this is fun but I am tired and why are we doing this song for 13 damn minutes." Haha. In the first instrumental break I imagined this slick MJ beatbox :p

That was awesome. Loved it all - the orchestra, the setting, the energy of the crowd and most especially the performance of them big bros. They were all amazing - Marlon with his magic moves, Jackie all armed out, Erms with his guitar, Tito funkin' around even in falsetto (as doll also noticed :p), the images on the screen, Michael and Randy present in spirit.......absolutely marvelous. Very proud of them all.

Oh, and Jack......as far as the 13 mins long performance question I think they knew very well the answer - that's how they did it back in the day, the "old fashioned way", ya know? :cheeky: Nice to see them have such a good time and also the audience groovin' along.

Thanks for posting this. I never realized how quietly they sang? And LOL at Marlon's dancing. Well ... basically everything Marlon did. He's one of my fav's. I also had to laugh at their faces the whole time which essentially read "this is fun but I am tired and why are we doing this song for 13 damn minutes." Haha. In the first instrumental break I imagined this slick MJ beatbox :p

:hysterical: :crackingup: My knees were creaking and cracking every time Marlon dropped to the floor (and as he slowly got back up)! None of us are teenagers anymore, that's for damn sure, LMFAO!! I loved it, loved their energy and Jermaine was just too cool for school, barely breaking a sweat (moving as little as possible so he wouldn't). :D

This was my first time seeing a clip of them performing without Mike and Randy. I wasn't ready to see that until now.

I've seen them perform both with and without an orchestra in the past couple of years and to be honest much preferred them with just a band. The orchestra is a cool gimmick for a song or two, but just does not groove as much as the smaller band does. I think the orchestra could actually sound great on songs like Push Me Away and Man of War, but because they are part of a big line up when performing with the orchestra, their set is a lot smaller and they usually don't play these tracks, opting for the better-known songs (J5 medley, Shake Your Body, etc). It is cool that this gives them the chance to perform in front of such a huge crowd though.

:hysterical: :crackingup: My knees were creaking and cracking every time Marlon dropped to the floor (and as he slowly got back up)! None of us are teenagers anymore, that's for damn sure, LMFAO!! I loved it, loved their energy and Jermaine was just too cool for school, barely breaking a sweat (moving as little as possible so he wouldn't). :D

This was my first time seeing a clip of them performing without Mike and Randy. I wasn't ready to see that until now.
Oh yeah, Marlon still has energy for days. :)

I definitely recommend their shows for people who enjoy the Jacksons' discography. Of course it is not the same as when Michael was here, that goes without saying. I don't really get people who view these performances with that mindset. At the end of the day, the Jacksons/J5 as a group have an incredible back catalogue of songs and I think it would be a shame if these would not be performed live anymore. The brothers do a good job, the show is well-structured (good choreography), the band is really tight and the setlist very cool. They don't play too many MJ solo covers and are not afraid to play some relatively deeper cuts (Push Me Away, Time Waits For No One, Man of War, I Wanna Be Where You Are, to name a few). The MJ solo tracks they do cover tend to be songs they performed with him in the past (Rock With You, WBSS) and they even throw in surprise picks like a very funky rendition of Can't Let Her Get Away to introduce the band.

I've seen several acts from the Jacksons/J5 era in recent years and the brothers' show was definitely among the best ones.

I've seen them perform both with and without an orchestra in the past couple of years and to be honest much preferred them with just a band. The orchestra is a cool gimmick for a song or two, but just does not groove as much as the smaller band does. I think the orchestra could actually sound great on songs like Push Me Away and Man of War, but because they are part of a big line up when performing with the orchestra, their set is a lot smaller and they usually don't play these tracks, opting for the better-known songs (J5 medley, Shake Your Body, etc). It is cool that this gives them the chance to perform in front of such a huge crowd though.

Oh yeah, Marlon still has energy for days. :)

I definitely recommend their shows for people who enjoy the Jacksons' discography. Of course it is not the same as when Michael was here, that goes without saying. I don't really get people who view these performances with that mindset. At the end of the day, the Jacksons/J5 as a group have an incredible back catalogue of songs and I think it would be a shame if these would not be performed live anymore. The brothers do a good job, the show is well-structured (good choreography), the band is really tight and the setlist very cool. They don't play too many MJ solo covers and are not afraid to play some relatively deeper cuts (Push Me Away, Time Waits For No One, Man of War, I Wanna Be Where You Are, to name a few). The MJ solo tracks they do cover tend to be songs they performed with him in the past (Rock With You, WBSS) and they even throw in surprise picks like a very funky rendition of Can't Let Her Get Away to introduce the band.

I've seen several acts from the Jacksons/J5 era in recent years and the brothers' show was definitely among the best ones.
I agree with your description of the guys' show, even though I have only watched on You Tube and not in person since the 70's-I did love having that great orchestra jamming along behind them in "Shake Your Body"-the fast shots of the strings and all the horn section blowing at once sent chills down my spine.

I had my doubts about their tour when they announced it, and didn't think I would want to see it, but I fell on this You Tube home video of their show at the Apollo awhile back-and I JUST LOVED IT. It's made from somebody's phone who singing wildly in the foreground-and you hear all the screaming "Go, Marlon, Go Marlon..." and the crazy shrieks and hand waving-just like the old days. And it's great having them back at the Apollo-the audience is crazy with love.

Obviously a LOT of Marlon fans in the audience (like me-got a teeny crush on him during the Variety show days) and I watched this whole show with one big sappy smile on my face.

When you have time, give it a shot-here it is:

The MJ solo tracks they do cover tend to be songs they performed with him in the past (Rock With You, WBSS) and they even throw in surprise picks like a very funky rendition of Can't Let Her Get Away to introduce the band.

:girl_dance: :punk: FUNKAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!! Shame on me, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I was pleasantly surprised by their rendition of it :wild: :woohoo:

This is probably the first time they've performed with a brass section since the Triumph Tour. I actually saw them (without Jermaine surprisingly) not to long ago and they still rocked the house. Kudos all around for them being able to play such a big venue like the old days again.

For anyone in the UK who has not seen this concert on iplayer, the BBC are broadcasting the 'Last Night at the Proms from around the UK' on Sunday 20th Sept at 7.00 pm on BBC4 (Freeview 9).

This may be a shortened version as the original performances all around the UK were held in parallel.

Well that was just cute as Hell. I totally regret not seeing them when they came to town in 2013/2014? 14 I think? Hopefully they come back.
I agree. I'm ready to see them again in person too-they haven't been here since 1984, I think!!!! Janet has been here a few times and is coming again, but the guys haven't been here in forever.

We have a great theatre in the round where I was lucky enough to see Johnny Mathis and SAMMY DAVIS, JR. back in the day-that would be a great place for them to play-it's big, but intimate.

I appreciate and thank you for your honesty.

I believe many fans felt that way when the Jackson brothers started the Unity tour. I believe some were not honest with themselves and the status of their grief and instead deflected their anger at Michael's passing onto his brothers who were also dealing with the grief of losing their brother and having to perform without him. Hopefully they are honest with themselves now.

I had my doubts about their tour when they announced it, and didn't think I would want to see it, but I fell on this You Tube home video of their show at the Apollo awhile back-and I JUST LOVED IT. It's made from somebody's phone who singing wildly in the foreground-and you hear all the screaming "Go, Marlon, Go Marlon..." and the crazy shrieks and hand waving-just like the old days. And it's great having them back at the Apollo-the audience is crazy with love.

Obviously a LOT of Marlon fans in the audience (like me-got a teeny crush on him during the Variety show days) and I watched this whole show with one big sappy smile on my face.

I attended this concert. My U.S. friend has told me about this video and I enjoy it as well. The audience was so supportive of the brothers and the brothers needed that. The brothers were emotional at times (as was the audience). Jermaine in particular would become emotional a number of times and the audience would shout their support and encouragement to him. Years have passed and the brothers still become emotional during these concerts which is completely understandable.

Yes, the audience was also very supportive of a very energetic Marlon!

Last edited:
should rise throughout the entire concert of The Jacksons , not just a song .

Back