The Jacksons' relationship with Michael

Re: Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series (3T)

Michael never used his children to promote any of his projects and he'd have never exposed them to a reality show.

Even though I don't watch them, (except I did watch LaToya's on OWN and the Jackson Family Dynasty on A&E) just because of who they are, it does seem like these reality shows get a lot of NEWS coverage in mainstream media anymore-which just goes to show how shallow we've become when we should be worried about the real social/economic issues going on right in front of us.

BUT, having said that, a lot of the next Hollywood generation is doing this-Magic Johnson's kid is in a show-and George Hamilton and Alana Stewart and their kids have a show, David Foster's family has had a show, the Kardashians, Jenners, and Nicole Richie all had shows and they went to Buckley with Tito's sons. They do get a lot of press and it doesn't have to be all trashy and gossipy like the "Housewives" shows. It might even lead to better things for all the kids and their showbiz careers in terms of networking. You never know who is going to see you.

Although I will say that one show I watched a bit of "Ex-Hollywood Wives" or somethng like that-Eddie's Murphy's wife was on, and Prince's ex-wife was on-and it was very above board-no dirt was spoken by anyone-and they all came off very classy. Of course, there was no drama, so I believe it got cancelled fast. LOL.

GURL! This whole "Keeping up with the Jacksons Duck Dynasty" is a hot mess and it clogs our newsfeeds across all social networks with their DRAMA, bahahahaa! I remember when TLC stood for The LEARNING Channel, the History Channel actually showed history, The Weather Channel actually showed weather and A&E actually aired Arts and Entertainment. I miss that, too. :(

I have gotten bitten by the reality show bug via "Hollywood Exes" when it premiered. The draw for me wasn't Eddie Murphy's ex (Nicole); it was Mayte, Prince's ex, lol! Prince is such an enigma anyway, far more militant about his privacy than even Mike was, so getting a glimpse into what their life together was like was a wee bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I also got to see why she is his EX wife. R Kelly's ex (Andrea) was a hoot, too.

I thought the remaining J5 had enough cred on their own to get a reality series without leaning on Mike's legacy so much, but it didn't last long. I don't get why anyone would be interested in the lives of the J5 kids, because they haven't accomplished anything (outside of 3T in a way) other than hit the Lucky Sperm Club lottery i.e. being the kids of someone famous.

these kids were sold to TV networks and tabloids the moments MJ died. no point of writing an entire essay trying to defend that. also Prince is under a lot of pressure from the rest of the jacksons. it's not as simple as saying no without facing some sort of backlash. you obviously have no idea given that he's now very entrenched into that family. and although he's 18. really, he's still a kid and needs lots of guidance to navigate his life around.

same with Paris and Blanket who are even younger.

It's actually tiring to see some people feeding the usual "oh the kids want to do this." again just because a kid wants something, it does not mean it's good for him. the jacksons need to place the kids interests ahead of their own. this whole thing is disgusting. exploiting minors for financial success that has eluded them for decades!!!

Michael himself was under the pressure from family until the day he died, so it is not even far fetched his kids are next in line.

If certain Jackson family members have career of their own or at least some credentials, they wouldn't even need PPB.
Like Katherine said, Michael doesn't need his brother but brothers need him. Now it is PPB, instead of Michael.

Also, if kids wants to go on show, they basically could go any media company and ask their own reality show. They don't need Jackson's.
Maybe that is the reason Alejandra's show was cancelled as she couldn't get PPB to appear to it, and TJ already booked them in his show?

I thought the remaining J5 had enough cred on their own to get a reality series without leaning on Mike's legacy so much, but it didn't last long. I don't get why anyone would be interested in the lives of the J5 kids, because they haven't accomplished anything (outside of 3T in a way) other than hit the Lucky Sperm Club lottery i.e. being the kids of someone famous.

:rollin:
There are many aspiring actresses/actors/singers well in to their 30's in the family. Maybe the point is to show how long can you go of being aspiring (something):D

Last edited:

Michael himself was under the pressure from family until the day he died, so it is not even far fetched his kids are next in line.

If certain Jackson family members have career of their own or at least some credentials, they wouldn't even need PPB.
Like Katherine said, Michael doesn't need his brother but brothers need him. Now it is PPB, instead of Michael.

Also, if kids wants to go on show, they basically could go any media company and ask their own reality show. They don't need Jackson's.
Maybe that is the reason Alejandra's show was cancelled as she couldn't get PPB to appear to it, and TJ already booked them in his show?

:rollin:
There are many aspiring actresses/actors/singers well in to their 30's in the family. Maybe the point is to show how long can you go of being aspiring (something):D

:crackingup: That's what I was thinking; those kids got the brass ring of marketability and don't need their cousins, aunts or uncles to get their own "reality" show, Bubs! They hit the biggest jackpot in the Lucky Sperm Club...Mike. I'm sure Bubbles the chimp could score a reality show without the 2nd string Jacksons.

I've already posted my opinion on the show, but regarding Randy Jr. at the event, is it that far off for people to think maybe just maybe the reason so many Jacksons went for the first time this year is because it's their family history and they're supporting their grandmother's event? The more Jacksons in attendance, the more people, the more money for charity. I don't know what happened to the MJ Fandom, but it is certainly not anything like it used to be prior to 2009. The fact that Katherine can't even put on a charity for children without MJ Fans tearing her apart is a sad state of affairs in my opinion.

You want to know why the fandom is nothing like it was prior to 2009? Not only did we lose our beloved Michael, we also got to witness how his family treated his children like complete crap - just like they treated Michael himself. His children meant everything to him and he raised them the way he did so they wouldn't have to experience the problems and the lack of childhood that he himself experienced. Not even two weeks after Michael's passing the family had those kids out there in public without any veils on and since then they have been stalked by paparazzi where as they were able to anynomous while going out when Michael was still alive.

I could make a huge list of all the things the Jacksons has done wrong but you all know that list anyways.

The sad state of affairs isn't the way the fans reacts to seeing Michael's beloved children pimped out and used for cash but the fact that his family is putting the kids through that. And what makes it even more sad is when some of Michael's fans defends his family, who we all know used Michael for money constantly, over Michael's own children.

A big part of this fandom was always defending Michael and sticking up for him when he was wronged. We now try to do the same whenever we see his kids wronged as he isn't here to do it himself.

Whatever negativity the Jacksons are met with from Michael's fans they have 100% deserved. They are not the victims here. Michael's and his children are.

^ You seem to have a lot of insight on Prince Jackson, his mental capacity and what he needs.... It must be safe to assume you know him personally? maybe his caretaker?

And could I ask you when is it that Prince will be able to be mentally capable of making adult decisions? 21? 30? 45? Just curious....

for godsake, let the poor kid grow up normally without all the reality freak show. his life is not a spectacle. the same goes for his siblings.

^ while you make some valid points but it's pretty obvious you are looking out of a cloudy lens when it come to MJ and his family.. To say they deserve "whatever" negativity" that is brought on fan is very unfair..

You are firstly collectively putting everyone that shares a bloodline In a category that deserves to be picked apart... That is the same mentality that causes judgmental prejudice segregation - just in a less traditionally viewed way... "all Jacksons deserve negativity" sounds a lot like "all muslims deserve..."..All blacks deserve"... Or even "all dependences of..... shal be put to death."

You observe Prince for example, who is it he hangs out and have fun with? the Jackson family.. Obviously he does not have that same view point. those same ppl in that show that fans attack are the same ppl (family)that he goes to the beach with, road trips with, and calls friends/family...

It is not our place to put our view (interpretation).. Too many fans act like they are Michael Jackson scholars because they read a few biographies, watched a bunch of footage, and spends hours on the computer...

I promise you, If you actually KNEW Michael a lot of what you believe would change in a large way.. We have to stop acting like we know what goes on behind the scenes.. All we see is "the show"...

We can sit here and talk about how they didn't wear masks after MJ passed.. well when would be an appropriate time to make the decision to take them off? there first day of school when tabloids are outside? Or do the wear it at school and don't take off in public until 18?? We can't act like we know what is right in a world we could not even imagine being a part of..

that response was to what ScaredOfTheMoon stated, regarding that Jacksons deserve whatever negativity that comes to them

KOPV - We could talk until we're blue in the face and we're never going to change some people's minds. I have no interest in argument(s) because they are fruitless and often lead to the urge of wanting to bang one's head against the wall. I've been on the forums since 2001 and left in 2010 because of the (more or less) war that had ignited within the fandom. As I've stated previously, after 2009, everyone essentially split into 3 groups: Estate versus Family versus Fans versus Fans. I came back in late 2014, only to find that this had only become worse. Fun personal fact: I don't know Michael. I don't know Michael's children. I don't know any of the Jackson family. It is none of my business how any of said above mentioned people conduct(ed) their lives. I am a fan. That is all I am. I am not family. I am not a close personal friend. I am not entitled to delegate how someone else's life should be constructed and run. Now, let's consider this. I would hope that we can at least agree that Michael was about peace and love? Somewhere along the line that message was lost, and his voice became drowned out by a community that he worked so hard to build turn against each other. His death should have brought us closer together, but for some reason or another (and there are many it seems), it has driven us all further apart. To be honest, sometimes it makes me want to hang up my internet boots again and retreat to my local hangout 5 female MJ Family (which I have never fought with ... not once ... in 6+ years.) You know what my friends and I did when Michael died? We got together and started volunteering for children's organizations, we donated money to charities, and (of course) we threw MJ movie/music/dance nights. Perhaps instead of spending time on the internet arguing with each other about things that are out of our control (like how to raise his children), we should refocus on what Michael's worked so hard to do, which was to bring people together for a sense of purpose and understanding and fix the problems we have with the world at hand that is within our control.

*exhale*

:shakehands:

Last edited:

I stopped reading once you began comparing my statement about the Jacksons to racist statements. How can you even begin to compare the two? I find it so insulting that you would compare me and my statement to statements which would clearly only be made by someone who is racist. That is how far you're willing to go to defend the Jackson family? To put a fellow fan in the same category as racists just to prove your "logic"? Congratulations. I have never been more disgusted by anything ever said to me on an MJ fan forum before.

I also never said ALL Jacksons deserve negativity so way to put words in my mouth to twist what I said to fit your agenda.

Last edited:

I stopped reading once you began comparing my statement about the Jacksons to racist statements. How can you even begin to compare the two? I find it so insulting that you would compare me and my statement to statements which would clearly only be made by someone who is racist. That is how far you're willing to go to defend the Jackson family? To put a fellow fan in the same category as racists just to prove your "logic"? Congratulations. I have never been more disgusted by anything ever said to me on an MJ fan forum before.

I also never said ALL Jacksons deserve negativity so way to put words in my mouth to twist what I said to fit your agenda.

I can compare the statement because you are judging all types of people.. in this case 'Jackson' in a specific class and saying they deserve a specific negative treatment.. I am not saying you are racist or anything along those lines but it it's the same discriminatory mind set that is used in racial, prejudice, political issues.

Don't get me wrong, I often enjoy your posts and think you have a great mind.. But to classify all Jacksons together is not fair. Especially when it is clear Michaels children see it differently!

Plus people are more complex (as you know) as good guy, bad guy.. That's why even with tension Michael still showed love for all Jacksons. In the end of the day they are family, the same family that walked and sat beside MJ in court every day!! cried with him, held his hand, and was there.. While we (most fans) were behind a message board..

That is Michaels blood, they visited when no one was watching.. they shared laughs, memories, and tears together.. than we so easily say "Jacksons are nothing but................."?

family through differences and all are famiy!! And if Michael read half of what his fans say about his family I would bet you he wouldn't be happy... Even if there is validity to what you say.. it's that.. "You can't talk about my brother like that, only I can." thing!! family can argue and have disagreements but it is disrespectful to Michael to be SOOOO disrespectful to his family even if they are disrespectful at times.. (It's not easy)

family through differences and all are family!! And if Michael read half of what his fans say about his family I would bet you he wouldn't be happy... Even if there is validity to what you say.. it's that.. "You can't talk about my brother like that, only I can." thing!! family can argue and have disagreements but it is disrespectful to Michael to be SOOOO disrespectful to his family even if they are disrespectful at times.. (It's not easy)

BravoChrisTucker5thelement_zpsd58927fc.gif

YES!! You are hitting them with that truth so hard I had to yell, "please, Hammer, don't HURT 'EM", bahahahahaha!! This is one of the hardest areas for me to check my ego at the door with (his family) and I readily admit that. Some of the venom they've earned, but still, this is Mike's FAMILY, whether we like it or not and truth be told we ALL have some less-than-stellar relatives, so no family can throw stones at any others.

As we type I have some kin that I haven't spoken to in YEARS, but if they ever needed me, if someone tried to hurt them, if someone was foul to them and disrespected them, I'd have their back (no questions asked)! I can talk sh* t about MINE, but if some outsider tried to, they'd get checked in a heartbeat and it won't be a nice experience.

We all love Mike and while that's a good thing, we are his fans, not his FAMILY. Both sides of the spectrum (his family and his fans) need to respect each other for what we all meant to Mike.

Last edited:

I can compare the statement because you are judging all types of people.. in this case 'Jackson' in a specific class and saying they deserve a specific negative treatment.. I am not saying you are racist or anything along those lines but it it's the same discriminatory mind set that is used in racial, prejudice, political issues.

Don't get me wrong, I often enjoy your posts and think you have a great mind.. But to classify all Jacksons together is not fair. Especially when it is clear Michaels children see it differently!

Plus people are more complex (as you know) as good guy, bad guy.. That's why even with tension Michael still showed love for all Jacksons. In the end of the day they are family, the same family that walked and sat beside MJ in court every day!! cried with him, held his hand, and was there.. While we (most fans) were behind a message board..

That is Michaels blood, they visited when no one was watching.. they shared laughs, memories, and tears together.. than we so easily say "Jacksons are nothing but................."?

family through differences and all are famiy!! And if Michael read half of what his fans say about his family I would bet you he wouldn't be happy... Even if there is validity to what you say.. it's that.. "You can't talk about my brother like that, only I can." thing!! family can argue and have disagreements but it is disrespectful to Michael to be SOOOO disrespectful to his family even if they are disrespectful at times.. (It's not easy)

Once again, I never said ALL Jacksons, but don't let that get in the way of you keeping on insisting that I did.

I'm getting really sick of constantly being policed by other fans on what is and isn't okay for me to say. It's so incredibly selfserving on the part of those who do it. As if you're somehow superior to me bacause you believe only your opinion and view on the matter is right.

This is a discussion forum, is it not? So if I'm not allowed to express my opinion on here then where am I?

If you all feel the fanbase has taken a bad turn after 2009 it might have something to do with some fans, such as yourself, always lecturing others on how to think and how they should express themselves. No one is interested in being treated that way, it's obvious judging from the fact that I see those who do express their dislike of the Jacksons post on here less and less as time goes by. But hey, continue to pat each other on the back over how much better of a fan you are than those of us who dare to have a different opinion than you.

Once again, I never said ALL Jacksons, but don't let that get in the way of you keeping on insisting that I did.

I'm getting really sick of constantly being policed by other fans on what is and isn't okay for me to say. It's so incredibly selfserving on the part of those who do it. As if you're somehow superior to me bacause you believe only your opinion and view on the matter is right.

This is a discussion forum, is it not? So if I'm not allowed to express my opinion on here then where am I?

If you all feel the fanbase has taken a bad turn after 2009 it might have something to do with some fans, such as yourself, always lecturing others on how to think and how they should express themselves. No one is interested in being treated that way, it's obvious judging from the fact that I see those who do express their dislike of the Jacksons post on here less and less as time goes by. But hey, continue to pat each other on the back over how much better of a fan you are than those of us who dare to have a different opinion than you.

You are now preaching about being able to say your feelings and take part in a 'discussion forum' but you are not happy than I am discussing back... That's not very fair is it? Obviously I touched a button when I commented on how it looks like you are lumping Jacksons in a category.. My buttons are touched sometimes in this discussion forum as well and it's just as much ok for me to speak on as you...

And as far as me "lecturing" how to make ppl think is no different than anyone sharing there opinion and view point. I'm here sticking up for a group of people and getting crap for it... am I supposed to shut up cuz of it?

I myself share my feelings about negative things specific Jacksons do, even sometimes poke fun... But in MY opinion some take it way too far.. Half of what is said here those same people could not say that to the face of that individual... Or to Michael!

This forum has been an advocate of standing up for Michael JACKSONs name, and has a good job at that.. do you think MJJC has a 2300 JACKSON section just to bash the Jacksons? If NOT find a 1 thread... JUST 1 without trash talking about the Jacksons.. No matter the thread.. a Jackson releasing music, a Jackson on TV, someone doing a charity event, to even Joseph Jackson has a heart attack...

If you are going to give those (including me) crap for sticking up for Michaels family than give us some room to breath from hate.. There is not one Jackson news mentioning that we can go to without reading something negative... you know how many PM's and thank you's I get for actually standing up for his family...Including his own son... It's not ONLY because MJ passed that the volume of fans visiting the forum have slowed down since 2009.

*It's not letting me edit my post but I wrote that part wrong.. lol! the 2300 Jackson Street part! I was trying to say:

"do you think MJJC has a 2300 JACKSON STREET section just to bash the Jacksons? No!!! but find 1 thread... 1 thread without trash talking...."

I'm preaching? You go nitpicking on me personally, that's what I have a problem with. Comparing what I said to those outrageous statements you then made following. That is what upset me, not the fact that you have a different opinion than me. It's the fact that you took my statement and put it up next to something a racist person would say. How did you not think I was going to be upset by that? You can convince yourself that you "hit a button" all you want but the matter of the fact is that I'm simply extremely offended by being compared to someone who would make such awful statements.

I have 300 something posts on this forum, so obviously it's not me who's bitching about the Jacksons in every single thread made about them on here. It's not as if I'm on here every single day hating on them. The only reason I even commented on this thread is because it involves Michael's children as they are the ones I care about in all of this.

I'm not giving you crap for defending Michael's family. Defend them all you want. It doesn't matter to me. What matters to me and what upset me is, as I've already said several times now, is your comparasion between what I said and racists comments. Why is that so hard for you to understand? That is why I'm upset. Not because you defend the Jacksons, but because based on one statement I made you find it appropiate to put me in as exteme a category as racist people. I have every right to be upset about that. That is a personal attack on me and my character. If you can't see why a person would take offense to that then I really don't know what else to say to you.

Why do people have so much hate towards his family? The show is about 3T....not about Michael's kids. If it was mainly and only about his kids, then I can see why there would be an issue. No one is exploiting anyone here. Paris and Prince are able to make their own decisions, so if they decide to appear on the show, then what? It's not like anyone can change anything. Michael left them in the care of this mother and nephew for a reason...

I never said it was hard for me to understand.. If you being upset at what I said is hindering how I meant what I said - I don't know how to apologize for that when it definitely came off that way to me.. I in no way intended to offend you the way you took it. In fact like I said before I generally enjoy your posts..

But read my posts and read yours, you've gone on he attack on a level I did not touch... implying I post a lot meaning "I am bitching" and also implying in your earlier post that fans like me is the cause of the fan base taking a 'bad turn since 2009'..

And you are getting on me about MY comment stating that lumping Jacksons in a group deserving negativity is a mindset similar to prejudice thinking?? I made a comparison that I still feel is fair and you attacked me and other fans for it... Get over yourself!

giving me crap about the amount I have posted here at MJJC..? "b*tching" you say? well I guess I'm one big "b*tch than and I am proud to be it.. I was here far before my log in date shows too under a previous Screen name.. thousands of posts under that name before... and I literally was off MJJC for about a year.. imagine if I stayed lol!

if standing up for someone make me a b*tch!! i'll be that! a 210lb man b*tch

I went on the attack because you attacked me first and the fact that you still don't see what was wrong with your statement says it all. So it's okay for you guys to say the fandom has become a sad state of affairs because of fans such as myself but when I suggest you look at yourself and your own behaviour I'm all of a sudden way out of line? Seems legit.

I never mentioned YOUR post count, I was refering to my own because you said all thread on the Jacksons are ruined by people and their hate. I pointed out my low post count to show that it's not like I personally go on a hate rampage in every thread made about them. That's all. How you could ever twist that around to me being upset about your post count I certainly don't understand.

Ever since my first post you've taken my words and twisted, exaggarated and completely misrepresented them and I don't see how that's about to change now so I'm just done here. In fact, I'm done with the whole forum. I'm sick of being policed around by what is supposedly fellow fans. That sure didn't happen to me prior to 2009. No wonder all the old fans I used to talk to left the forums ages ago.
It's not possible to delete ones account on here I see, otherwise I would have. It is sad that what was once the greatest fandom and a point of escapism for me has turned into something I no longer recognize or enjoy. I really understand why many fans have withdrawn themselves from the "community" and are just fans on their own so to speak. I'll do the same from now on. Adios.

The fact they share Michael's DNA won't make respect the Jackson's, specially the repeated offenders of being caught using Michael in any shape or form for their own benefit and that includes his three 3 children. The network who hired TJ & co. wouldn't be interested to do that reality show if those Jackson's featured on it hadn't promised to have the kids on the show too. It couldn't be more cynical and obvious they're using them once more to generate interest and money. I'm not sorry if some Jackson family supporters can't stand some of us don't respect a bunch of vultures who are taking advantage of Michael's name to be relevant, it's disgusting they're continuing with 3 orphan children.

Last edited:

^ we the group of people you keep putting me in. (grouping seems to be something you like to do.. which in this instance I don't mind) feel policed and have sent toooo many year of saying anything positive about the Jackson family or others who share love for Michael.. I can't tell you how many times I have not entered threads, decide mid way through not to post something (I'm sure others have felt this) because I didn't want to get the lash back of.. "how could you...."

fandom comes in many colors and shades... we are not going to be the same type of fans, and after MJ passed I see two things happen.. emotions and tension went up (understandably) and now that MJ fans are POSITIVE MJ is not a secret member on here say whatever the heck they want..

I was part of this forum before it was MJJC, I can tell you first hand that people would watch themselves because they always wondered if MJ or one of his reps could be, would be, maybe one of the members.

Many MJ fan like to be an 'expert' - knows what the estate should do, knows when MJ's kids should be unmasked, what events the Jacksons should participate in.. etc. There's a difference between sharing opinion and acting like "I know better"..

^ that portion is a general statement, not directed specifically to you ScaredOfTheMoon - we will see things differently at times.. I still got love for ya!

As far as the show is concerned, (to be a bit more on topic) I'll be tuning in... and I have a feeling some of those who don't want to admit it will too ;)

^^Yes. Isn't that what is supposed to be so great and different and astonishing about Michael's fan base? That we are all ages, genders, nationalities, religions, races?

This is not like a boy band fan club where all the members are pre-teen girls. That then move on.

I don't love everything. But I don't hate everything either. And I think we should be able to give opinions w/o worrying about it.
All of the criticism I've ever had, I could say directly to Michael.

I was part of this forum before it was MJJC, I can tell you first hand that people would watch themselves because they always wondered if MJ or one of his reps could be, would be, maybe one of the members.

To ease the tension, in response to this, yass! I remember the boards as far back as 2001 and everyone getting all riled up thinking "he's gotta be here sometime." *sigh* People really held their tongues then (except when it came to professing their love for him and his *ahem* physical attributes.) Ha-ha-ha.

I've been a Michael Jackson fan only for 25 years, I wasn't interested in his parents, siblings or cared for them before Michael passed. In my case it was until 2010 when I had access to the Glenda tapes and The Jackson Family Values book when I realized they used him almost all his life to support them financially or getting involved in projects in some way or another. My heart went out for him many of them saw Michael more as a commodity and the cash cow of the family. I'm not saying they didn't love him but they certainly had a twisted way to show love because no human being deserved to be used and abided for the benefit of others. His actions spoke volumes to me, getting away from them for years, lying and hiding from his own parents he wasn't home and most importantly, leaving the majority of them out of his will

^ while you make some valid points but it's pretty obvious you are looking out of a cloudy lens when it come to MJ and his family.. To say they deserve "whatever" negativity" that is brought on fan is very unfair..

You are firstly collectively putting everyone that shares a bloodline In a category that deserves to be picked apart... That is the same mentality that causes judgmental prejudice segregation - just in a less traditionally viewed way... "all Jacksons deserve negativity" sounds a lot like "all muslims deserve..."..All blacks deserve"... Or even "all dependences of..... shal be put to death."

You observe Prince for example, who is it he hangs out and have fun with? the Jackson family.. Obviously he does not have that same view point. those same ppl in that show that fans attack are the same ppl (family)that he goes to the beach with, road trips with, and calls friends/family...

It is not our place to put our view (interpretation).. Too many fans act like they are Michael Jackson scholars because they read a few biographies, watched a bunch of footage, and spends hours on the computer...

I promise you, If you actually KNEW Michael a lot of what you believe would change in a large way.. We have to stop acting like we know what goes on behind the scenes.. All we see is "the show"...

We can sit here and talk about how they didn't wear masks after MJ passed.. well when would be an appropriate time to make the decision to take them off? there first day of school when tabloids are outside? Or do the wear it at school and don't take off in public until 18?? We can't act like we know what is right in a world we could not even imagine being a part of..

Thank you, a thousand times! At the end of the day, that's still his family. People act like they know everything that about him, thinking that gives them the right to bash and accuse his family. It's not right at all.

So again, thank you for this post!

To ease the tension, in response to this, yass! I remember the boards as far back as 2001 and everyone getting all riled up thinking "he's gotta be here sometime." *sigh* People really held their tongues then (except when it came to professing their love for him and his *ahem* physical attributes.) Ha-ha-ha.

The good ol' days!! I miss waking up in the morning and wondering what MJ may be up to and coming to the forum to see if anything was brewing!! I remember June 26th 2009 waking up and telling my girl that "This is the first morning as far back as I can remember that I could not wonder what Michael was up to." It was a very strange feeling...

Ok this is bringing up some crazy memories!!

Snow White Luvs Peter Pan - you're right there has been definite examples of twisted actions that a number of the Jackson family has done.. It's that phenomenon that only the truly successful could reallllly understand. For Michael it had to be sooo difficult to manage family, work, and financial standings especially when they connect so easily..

That's how it was at MJFC (which is now shut down)! :D

KOPV, if you acknowledge family members have taken advantage of Michael and there has been definite examples of how some of those family member continue similar patters with his children, why are you nip picking and criticizing Scared of The Moon's comments? Prince, Paris and Blanket own co guardian is using them to get interest from the media and the fans, if they weren't part of the show, I guarantee the Jackson's who are going to be part of it wouldn't have been able to get the deal. The children probably agreed to appear if they were asked but knowing their father wanted them and hired teachers/coaches to study for their fields the children will persuit. It seems Michael was preparing them to have a merited fame on their own right, rather than the "fame for nothing" most reality shows offer.

KOPV, if you acknowledge family members have taken advantage of Michael and there has been definite examples of how some of those family member continue similar patters with his children, why are you nip picking and criticizing Scared of The Moon's comments? Prince, Paris and Blanket own co guardian is using them to get interest from the media and the fans, if they weren't part of the show, I guarantee the Jackson's who are going to be part of it wouldn't have been able to get the deal. The children probably agreed to appear if they were asked but knowing their father wanted them and hired teachers/coaches to study for their fields the children will persuit. It seems Michael was preparing them to have a merited fame on their own right, rather than the "fame for nothing" most reality shows offer.

They had that before any reality show dealings. That isn't the fault of the media (which includes tabloids), either. That falls squarely on the shoulders of some fans that make them a hot commodity. Start looking at that fan in the mirror that scours the internet, etc. for pics of Mike's kids, that seek autographs from them, want to transfer their love for Mike onto them.

It's simply supply and demand. TMZ and the like wouldn't waste their time following Mike's kids if there wasn't any interest in them.

^Fair enough but who created/started to feed that interest on them and the fame they've got over night? The Jackson's (the ones guilty of doing so) of course by selling stories of them to the tabloids or the media, by throwing them under the bus to give interviews on national tv in a matter of months of their father's passing. It's true many fans are guilty of increasing the problem feeding the tabloids but it doesn't make the children's care takers any less responsible.

I'm not Prince, Paris and Blanket's fan, it'd be ridiculous because they haven't done nothing yet to deserve that fame but I care about them and I hate when people around them cynically take advantage of them for who their father is even if they don't realize or think it's wrong at the moment.

I myself share my feelings about negative things specific Jacksons do, even sometimes poke fun... But in MY opinion some take it way too far.. Half of what is said here those same people could not say that to the face of that individual... Or to Michael! .

How do you know that?
I can only speak for myself, but everything I say here I can say to their faces too.
What comes to Michael, I wouldn't need to say anything to him. Many things that Jackson's have pulled wouldn't have happened if Michael was alive.

This forum has been an advocate of standing up for Michael JACKSONs name, and has a good job at that.. do you think MJJC has a 2300 JACKSON section just to bash the Jacksons? If NOT find a 1 thread... JUST 1 without trash talking about the Jacksons.. No matter the thread.. a Jackson releasing music, a Jackson on TV, someone doing a charity event, to even Joseph Jackson has a heart attack...

There are many threads that have no bashing towards Jacksons. Maybe you are drawn to certain threads to have good ol' argument:)

Prior Michael's death, Jacksons stayed put didn't pull too many stupid things out of their hats, thus not so much bashing of them, but as he died and Jacksons started cashing in, and that angered fans and to be honest, rightly so.

If you are going to give those (including me) crap for sticking up for Michaels family than give us some room to breath from hate.. There is not one Jackson news mentioning that we can go to without reading something negative... you know how many PM's and thank you's I get for actually standing up for his family...Including his own son... It's not ONLY because MJ passed that the volume of fans visiting the forum have slowed down since 2009.

Whoa! Guilt trip warning:)
You basically lay forum slowing down on fans who dares to speak against Jackson's actions?

I would say there are more reasons than that, but the main reason is that Michael is dead so not much going on, and people going on twitter.

You know what, I too get pm's and thank you's for speaking up against Jac family members when they do something stupid, so you are saying what?

@Scared ofTheMoon
I wish you could consider staying as your posts are appreciated, and not only this thread.
Unfortunately it is very common that Jac family fans eventually draw racist card when they cannot say anything else, but you just should raise above.
You only stated your opinion , and it is not your fault that someone feels desperate enough to stoop that low.

Last edited:
Back