The Jacksons' relationship with Michael

Re: Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series (3T)

lol. "tight nit legacy"

Off topic: I found the thread discussing the Glenda tapes on this forum. With a little research online, it is quite clear those tapes have not been authenticated because they are not Michael.

I understand, unfortunately, that some fans believe the tapes to be real and worse, have been encouraged to believe the tales by other fans. However; the Stein family successfully utilized these fabricated tapes for small fame and most likely, smaller profit.

but the bodyguards and almost everyone else around MJ did confirm that he was running away from his family, so what is exactly your point?

That reminded me of when Michael (age 26) didn't want to do Victory tour with his brothers but was talked to it.
You get the drift.

The drift you apparently don't get is that the decision was still ultimately HIS. Being "talked into something" isn't a legitimate excuse to support your argument. By saying Mike had no choice is saying he didn't have the balls to make his own decisions, which he clearly did and has proved several times in his lifetime. We all have free will, whether you can accept that or not.

I don't know why some fans like to romanticize a victimized, weak image of Mike, but he was far from that. He couldn't have been as successful as he was, climbed as high as he did by being a puppet easily manipulated. Some of you probably believe that Illuminati shit, too... :hysterical: :crackingup: :wtf:

Last edited:

The drift you apparently don't get is that the decision was still ultimately HIS. Being "talked into something" isn't a legitimate excuse to support your argument. By saying Mike had no choice is saying he didn't have the balls to make his own decisions, which he clearly did and has proved several times in his lifetime. We all have free will, whether you can accept that or not.

I don't know why some fans like to romanticize a victimized, weak image of Mike, but he was far from that. He couldn't have been as successful as he was, climbed as high as he did by being a puppet easily manipulated. Some of you probably believe that Illuminati shit, too... :hysterical: :crackingup: :wtf:

The point I made seems to have gone way over your head:)

but the bodyguards and almost everyone else around MJ did confirm that he was running away from his family, so what is exactly your point?

Glenda tapes are real. Its only hopeful thinking from Jac fam fans that they are not real:)

Last edited:

Glenda tapes are real. Its only hopeful thinking from Jac fam fans that they are not real:)

As said by one who is often encouraged by others...

I will not derail the thread. When you have a moment, ponder how the tapes are real if it is not Michael's voice.

The point I made seems to have gone way over your head:)

Insults don't faze me, Bubs. It was very clear what I stated; Mike wasn't "forced" to do that tour. It was a make lemonade from lemons decision he made. The tour was a huge success (even with the ticket sales fiasco) and the exposure from it pushed his already bright star even higher. They all benefited from the tour in their own way. Mike didn't accept funds from it because he didn't need it, but what he did do was use that platform to help others and that's cool with me. It was a hella good show too, one that I was in the house for. :party:

I will not derail the thread. When you have a moment, ponder how the tapes are real if it is not Michael's voice.
I don't want to derail the thread or be banned, but I'm looking for the thread about the Glenda tapes. I've listened to them now (and that's what made me go read LaToya's original book) and that certainly doesn't sound like Michael to me. But who would go to a bunch of work and record a bunch of kinda boring tapes?

I watched that Big Reunion show and I really hope it's not more of the same of that-I've always liked Tito's kids-and I don't like to hear them whining about Michael's feud with Sony or Janet's Superbowl thing as the issues that kept them off the charts. They had pretty early success and maybe they just assumed it was easy-after all, they came into the world after the success and didn't really suffer like the Jackson family did. I don't know, I'm just supposing.

I have never heard Tito's sons whine about Michael/Sony or Janet/Superbowl in connection to their success. Quite the opposite, they complained about those who used their relatives issues against them unfairly. They have never taken their success for granted and they know more than most the hard work that must be done because they were trained by their father Tito and their uncle Michael. Yes, your suppositions are incorrect.

I don't want to derail the thread or be banned, but I'm looking for the thread about the Glenda tapes. I've listened to them now (and that's what made me go read LaToya's original book) and that certainly doesn't sound like Michael to me. But who would go to a bunch of work and record a bunch of kinda boring tapes?

I have read your posts; you should have no fear of being banned. To answer your question regarding the forging of hours of taped conversation, you may want to ask a Cascio, an Arviso, a Chandler, a Robson, a Safechuck....

Here are the archived threads:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/120731-Glenda-Tapes-are-real

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/95335-question-about-the-glenda-tapes

Last edited:

Just qucik question... When people say "I didn't see them around Michael when........" Do you mean on your TV screen? Cuz for someone to say they were not around Michael durring a specific time must mean that someone has increadable insight to what went on in Michaels daily life outside the 1 minute clip of Michael walking into court and another minute or so of him walking out...

Also we all do know that only a specific number of family members were allowed in at a time right? and of course dibs would go to parents and siblings first...

As far as imperfect families I think many of us can relate.. Each person is an individual in there own right.... And yes the Jacksons really tried to portray a 'tight nit' family at all means which was heavily influenced by Katherine.. And yes I understand that Michael kept distant from specific family members etc. but what family does not? That does not mean there is not love..

I have family members (for example) that I love dearly and love spending time with but I do not/cannot emotionally afford to stay around them. They are too needy and are too much to be around constantly..

Considering Michael and Janet lived very different lives than the other ones, I see that they still hold that family unit.. I have gone years without seeing cousins and the moment we get into a room we click..

None of us can know Michael's emotions toward various family members, of course. Understandably, this family has always had a public and a private persona, and those may be very different. We DO know that only Katherine was allowed unfiltered access to him, Randy's notorious gate crashing incident case-in-point.

You are right on that .

Seemingly 3T is on tabloid tour trying to convince the public that PPB wants to be out on front of the media - sigh.
3T was on TMZ telling that kids don't want to feel trapped by their seclusive lifestyle, and seemingly the only way for them not to feel trapped is to appear in this reality show:doh:

Now 3T makes them sound like they are thirsty to appear on front of the tabloids and reality show - ok, that makes sense - not.

Classy.i guess the last 6 years of seclusion is mjs fault aswell is it. gotta love how they say whatever suits their agenda. reminds me of the arvizos tell a lie then another to cover it then another until you start contridicting yourself. it gets rather imbarrasing after a while.

Classy.i guess the last 6 years of seclusion is mjs fault aswell is it. gotta love how they say whatever suits their agenda. reminds me of the arvizos tell a lie then another to cover it then another until you start contridicting yourself. it gets rather imbarrasing after a while.

Despite late Michael Jackson wanting to keep his kids away from the spotlight, his children are surprisingly doing a reality TV series.

According to singer's kids' cousins, the 'Thriller' hit-maker kids Prince, Paris and Blanket were doing what they wanted to do, TMZ reports.

Talking about 'The Jacksons: Next Generation' during a live show, T J Jackson, who was joined by his brothers Taryll and Taj on the show, said the kids of the late singer felt trapped by their secluded lifestyles, and added that the lifetime docuseries will give them a chance to turn that around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There is nothing better to break seclusion than appearing fam members reality show and it also makes kids to appear like they want fame in tabloids or or other rubbish media outlets. If that is really what they want, I would question guardians abilities or what they are teaching to kids?

That's why Blanket keeps hiding from the tabloids because he is so much enjoying the spotlights, the same goes for Paris who asked very recently her supporters to help in closing two fake accounts releasing to the public pictures she posts on her private account.

So far the only one interested in being in the lime light is Prince.

It has become a strategy of the Jacksons to seek the public's approval by reminding everyone that what they opt to do is in contrast with what the weirdo MJ did which must be good after all.

Last edited:

Their saying the kids "felt trapped" is a criticism of Michael's parenting, and is NOT cool.

Saying they want to be in a reality show to break the seclusion makes no sense anyway. so how does that break anything? cause u have a bunch of cameramen and production assistants around you for a few hrs. you are still around and with the ppl that are involved with your seclusion ie the family. call me daft but i think going to university and creating relations away from your secluded family does more good than doing a reality show. doh!

u gotta think of better excuses than that. tj and co. you are just making yourself look daft. i expected better from them but hey ho they are jacksons bought up with the same mentality as all the others. Such a shame

Beind secluded for the last 6 years isnt mjs fault but im sure they will find away around that.

mj protecting his kids from the limelight goes against the family mantra of exploitation for the good of the rest of the family. that made mj a bad father in their eyes. whats sickening is that they have no problem attacking mjs parenting skills in order to make their abusive and exoploitative skills appear to be right and normal.its another way they throw mj under the bus inorder to make themselves appear to be the normal ones

Some peopel talk about PPB like they have the perfect scientific equation to raise them correctly.. There would and continue to be mistakes, and without us being around (not just on a message board watching a tv show and reading articles) we can't act like 'know it alls'.. We have no idea what Prince, Paris, and Blanket want.. From what do see, they love hanging out with the Jackson family (cousins etc.).. Even before the TV show! Enough said for me.. They would have a better judge of the families character than me and it would be self righteous of me to act like I 'know better'... Given, everyone can have an opinion!

It is beyond obvious to everyone that those three kids are being USED to feed a whole bunch of people. The children appearing "happy" does not mean anything, no one would be fool enough not to suck up to them given the fact that they set on a billion dollar empire especially the Jacksons who have no other means of support but the money the father of those 3 left. The only family member who can live on her own is their aunt Janet who has not had anything to do with them for years now and have not forgiven them for what happened (assuming they were wrong). While Jermaine and Rebbie's lack of money forced them to go back and reconcile with the kids not out of love but out of need. Randy's butt is still hurt by what the "white" kids did so he is not going to talk to them however in the event his mother's checks stop he will crash into the gates of their mansion in no time asking for "his money".

Prince, Paris and Blanket, like everyone else, want to be loved. And the Jacksons are very willing to "love" them for the appropriate price.

Who are you fooling.

Last edited:

Beind secluded for the last 6 years isnt mjs fault but im sure they will find away around that.

mj protecting his kids from the limelight goes against the family mantra of exploitation for the good of the rest of the family. that made mj a bad father in their eyes. whats sickening is that they have no problem attacking mjs parenting skills in order to make their abusive and exoploitative skills appear to be right and normal.its another way they throw mj under the bus inorder to make themselves appear to be the normal ones
on the contrary they actually rave on Michael's parenting skills especially as it came to them. Through the years they've given Michael and DeeDee 99% of the credit for their parenting, and you don't hear about Tito that much.
Especially after the divorce.
Don't get me wrong. They love Tito. But they talk about Michael like a loving father not just the fun uncle.

As a father, Michael CHOSE to keep his children away from the public eye, for very good reasons. To turn around and say "they felt trapped" is a DIRECT criticism of Michael's parenting choices, and in my mind negates a lot of the generic, positive things they've said. This now bears watching, not that there is anything anyone can do about it, but hope the children are balanced and feel safe.

^ I get your perspective and I half way agree but I will say 2 things..

1. Michael put Katherine's name to be a guardian, trusting her opinions, values, and ideas when it comes to parenting.. He knew signing her name that she would be different than him. From religious beliefs to parenting styles - he trusted her. In fact he has been quoted to say she's perfection and a saint.. We have to keep in mind that he knew that if anyone else took care of his children there would be different parenting 'rules'. If masking his children was a #1 or #2 priority it probably would have been in the Will to keep them masked.... I definitly get your perspective and like I said kind of agree..

2. Another hard part is we don't know when Michael would have 'unmasked' his children.. Who are we to say if Michael were to have his children walking around in masks at 17 years old.. At some point before that most likely in the teenage years the kids would have felt too akward to do it and Michael could have respected that.. (we don't know)

Different parenting styles will happen if another parent takes over, and if Michael trusted his mother with his children I have to trust that she does it to the best of her ability - even when it differs from Michaels.

^^ Mostly agree with this. However, a different parenting style is not the same thing as criticizing the parenting of the FATHER, who is now gone! I feel that it's inappropriate, and may have been said to justify in some way the appearances of some or all of Michael's children in the reality show? I think Michael's parenting should be entirely off-limits, to be respectful.

^ Point taken..

Question though, Katherine stating that the children felt 'trapped', as an explanation.. I do believe she definitely could have made a more 'smart' statement, but if asked "Why did you decide to take the masks off the children in public?" How would you answer that without making in a way that does not threaten Michaels parenting skills? ...

I do notice (in no way does it excuse her wording) that she never plans her words.. She definitely speaks from emotion over plotting out what to say. Sometimes she sounds contradictory because of it, I just take it as a mother/grandmother saying what she feels.. BUT that does not make it right! Because she was never the 'famous' one, she never had to deal with protecting her vocabulary in that way.. but, considering the circumstances my personal beliefe is she should at least try a bit more. lol

^ I get your perspective and I half way agree but I will say 2 things..

1. Michael put Katherine's name to be a guardian, trusting her opinions, values, and ideas when it comes to parenting.. He knew signing her name that she would be different than him. From religious beliefs to parenting styles - he trusted her. In fact he has been quoted to say she's perfection and a saint.. We have to keep in mind that he knew that if anyone else took care of his children there would be different parenting 'rules'. If masking his children was a #1 or #2 priority it probably would have been in the Will to keep them masked.... I definitly get your perspective and like I said kind of agree..

2. Another hard part is we don't know when Michael would have 'unmasked' his children.. Who are we to say if Michael were to have his children walking around in masks at 17 years old.. At some point before that most likely in the teenage years the kids would have felt too akward to do it and Michael could have respected that.. (we don't know)

Different parenting styles will happen if another parent takes over, and if Michael trusted his mother with his children I have to trust that she does it to the best of her ability - even when it differs from Michaels.

I noticed that as well... 3T seemed closer to Michael than to Tito in my opinion.. When Taryll made the comment that he went to his Mom and Uncle Michael with his issues and problems, I was like where was Tito??

Tito abandoned them after he separated from their mother. According to Jermaine's ex he refused even to pay for their education. Of course their mom told them that and told them who was putting food on the table; MJ.

Tito abandoned them after he separated from their mother. According to Jermaine's ex he refused even to pay for their education. Of course their mom told them that and told them who was putting food on the table; MJ.

Michael seemed to be carrying a small NATION of people on his back, filtering through Katherine! He was clear on what he felt about it, in his will. But now, I can see no way the pressure on those kids will not be HUGE when Katherine passes, each family member reacting as is their tendency to do. . . . .

It's to be expected that Katherine would use a different parenting style. Did that work out? Think, especially, of Paris, who reached out on social media to fans and the general public in her emotional distress, instead of family? For whatever reason it was said, the use of the word "trapped" was VERY unfortunate, and seems ungrateful to me, at the very least.

^^Just a question. I know Michael named 3T as well as a few fatherless cousins (that he was also taking care of) in his will.
Was that a contingency basis if his own kids died, or did they inherit?

^^Just a question. I know Michael named 3T as well as a few fatherless cousins (that he was also taking care of) in his will.
Was that a contingency basis if his own kids died, or did they inherit?

As far as I know, the ONLY ones who inherited anything were Michael's three children, Katherine with a stipend, and he gave the rest to charities. Katherine didn't inherit anything but her support during her lifetime, and she will be able to pass along -- NOTHING of that -- to other family members. Nobody else in the family got a red cent.

(edit) I'll edit this to say that Michael escaped the family blight of passing off his children to others to raise (at least when alive, he did), and NOBODY in that family has any right to question his parenting, given everything. Just sayin'. . . .

Last edited:
Back