The "Leaving Neverland" Rant & Support Thread [Merged]

Re: The "Leaving Neverland" Rant & Support Thread

For those who are having a difficult time with this, I think it is a good idea to "check out" for a while, to take care of your emotional/ mental health.

I am just so incredibly sick of it all. Here we go again and people use the deaces old techniqe to pretend to be fans and then change there mind. Pathetic!! But ok 10-15 years ago I might have fallen for it and I guess that is why they still do it. Also Roger Friedmans reveiw. Don’ t really know what to make if him. There are others who completely lack moral compass. He is not one of them but he really should have knows better. Could it be that is is trying to first draw in supporters and then create panic? Possibly, don’t really know what to make of it but come on, if that woman Evvy hung up it was probably because he called about the film. And Oprah rot in hell!!! Doing this in order to draw the attention away from alleged Hollywood rapist Weinstein are you? I can understand that some people might think that fans would alway defend Michael not matter what but it is not true. Had there ever been anything credible I sure would not,but there has been the same Hollywood story about money over again with the same people involved because Chandlers got away with a large settlement!!! No way in hell will I watch the film. Oprah can rot. I am saying goodbye to her one last time and this time I hope nobody in the Jackson family will ever do another interwiev with her again. They really should not have let her speak to Michaels kids after his death. Like Charles Thomson said doing a really negative show while the jury was deliberating would in the U.K have been consider a crime and the 2005 case was like a joke and should never have gone to trial in the first place but there was a DA with a history of malisious prosecution!!Check his other cases perhaps nooooo..

Last edited:
The writing has been on the wall for weeks folks. BBC2 radio has dropped MJ from playlists. I believe plenty of other radio stations have secretly done so also. I said it on social media weeks ago and I’ll say it again, this is the end. It’s over. Taj’s docuseries isn’t coming anytime soon if at all. From interviews he has done its clear from his responses when asked about it. The estate have let it happen, oblivious to the consequences. I knew when I heard about LN weeks ago that this was the path things were going to take. His supporters, some of whom have been vocal with a few tweets, don’t seem to have the will, or deem it important enough, to create a movement of insiders to appear on national tv or other means to say this is bullshit. No one seems to care about saving his legacy. It seems the attitude is more, “leave me out of this”. The family and taj say they are tired having to deal with all this. Sounds very defeatist to me. Only chandler, arvizo coming forward to admit it was never true in some sort of official legal capacity, is going to alleviate some of the damage.
I’m 35 years a fan. I feel part of my soul is being ripped out. I’ve lost hope. Last year I got to meet the jacksons and say thank you to them for being the soundtrack to my life. I got to give each of them a hug. Right now it feels like I may have being saying goodbye to all that too. Their legacy is obviously fully tied to MJ’s that it’s being destroyed too. Everyone around me now believes he’s guilty. When I present the facts available, it has zero effect and they think I’m just a deluded fan. It’s too hard now. My soul is hurting and the only time I experienced this level of sadness was after losing my mum to cancer.
It’s the end because I cannot see MJ or the Jacksons ever being celebrated going forward. LN doesn’t just paint MJ as a molester but as something intrinsically evil. The estate will not get support from networks or Sony going forward because popular opinion is putting MJ in the class with the likes of Gary glitter.
I’ll carry this sadness with me for the rest of my life I’d imagine. MJ had such a profound effect in forming the person I am today. I and know in my heart and soul that I’m a good person because of that influence. Maybe that’ll be the reality of his legacy now.

Nothing is over. This whole thing has only just begun. This whole thing could even start the chain of events that finally clears Michael's name for good.

WildStyle;4244588 said:
Nothing is over. This whole thing has only just begun. This whole thing could even start the chain of events that finally clears Michael's name for good.
We will have to wait and see and think of what is the best thing to do but Brett Barnes is about to sue and if others are mentioned in the ”documentary” I think they will follow. Didn’t Aron Carter threathen to sue as well and a Josephine Zohny who knew Jordan Chandler from university and was on the list of defense witnesses in 05 is ready to speak out if the family or a legal counsel contact her.I spoke to her on twitter.

I wish I could agree but if a chain of events to clear his name was going to happen it would have done so after 2005. Instead these people who could have started a chain of events , watched it kill him, slowly. He became a travelling nomad, austricised by society and his “friends” and family. I really don’t see the other guys like Brett and carter fighting tooth and nail to save MJ’s legacy. It’ll be more of the same , “nothing happened but leave me outta this”. What has begun is the removal of his legacy from pop culture.

I'm so tired of this crap. The Estate does nothing. They simply hope it will eventually blow over as it always has. The problem is, all these lies have been regurgitated for 3 f*cking decades! People believe these stories. And now they've got a powerful ally in Oprah. No wonder even MJ's kids have given up hope that people's opinion will ever change about MJ (that's what Taj said in his interview with Weekend Sunrise). It's depressing.

djlf;4244583 said:
The writing has been on the wall for weeks folks. BBC2 radio has dropped MJ from playlists. I believe plenty of other radio stations have secretly done so also. I said it on social media weeks ago and I’ll say it again, this is the end. It’s over. Taj’s docuseries isn’t coming anytime soon if at all. From interviews he has done its clear from his responses when asked about it. The estate have let it happen, oblivious to the consequences. I knew when I heard about LN weeks ago that this was the path things were going to take. His supporters, some of whom have been vocal with a few tweets, don’t seem to have the will, or deem it important enough, to create a movement of insiders to appear on national tv or other means to say this is bullshit. No one seems to care about saving his legacy. It seems the attitude is more, “leave me out of this”. The family and taj say they are tired having to deal with all this. Sounds very defeatist to me. Only chandler, arvizo coming forward to admit it was never true in some sort of official legal capacity, is going to alleviate some of the damage.
I’m 35 years a fan. I feel part of my soul is being ripped out. I’ve lost hope. Last year I got to meet the jacksons and say thank you to them for being the soundtrack to my life. I got to give each of them a hug. Right now it feels like I may have being saying goodbye to all that too. Their legacy is obviously fully tied to MJ’s that it’s being destroyed too. Everyone around me now believes he’s guilty. When I present the facts available, it has zero effect and they think I’m just a deluded fan. It’s too hard now. My soul is hurting and the only time I experienced this level of sadness was after losing my mum to cancer.
It’s the end because I cannot see MJ or the Jacksons ever being celebrated going forward. LN doesn’t just paint MJ as a molester but as something intrinsically evil. The estate will not get support from networks or Sony going forward because popular opinion is putting MJ in the class with the likes of Gary glitter.
I’ll carry this sadness with me for the rest of my life I’d imagine. MJ had such a profound effect in forming the person I am today. I and know in my heart and soul that I’m a good person because of that influence. Maybe that’ll be the reality of his legacy now.

If it makes you feel any better, the LN trailer has more dislikes than likes, pretty much all the CBS clips of the Wade/Jimmy interview has more dislikes than likes. And in the comments section, people are tearing Wade, Jimmy, and Adrian McManus apart. I dont know how it is in the UK, but stateside, people aren't buying it at all, calling it a money grab right from the start.

It’s worse than depressing. It’s over. Reports are now putting him alongside Garry Glitter and labelling him the once king of pop. Don’t care what anyone says positively in relation to the estate. They are complicit by their incompetency. The family, I have sympathy for, but hey, we haven’t heard a whisper from his kids. What have we got?? A public arbitration request from the estate and letters that the public won’t be bothered to read. A couple of concerts to stream while LN airs, of which, most fans will have played to death and public probably won’t watch. Instagram posts from his kids just showing how they go about their daily lives. Taj, on his own, looks to me to be feeling the strain. Where’s TJ and Taryll?? This isn’t just an attack on MJ , it’s the destruction of the whole Jackson legacy, which seems to be hated by their own black luminaries in America. Where is Lisa-Marie?? Is she gonna put up with Oprah basically saying that she married a paedo??
There are no answers. Just questions.
His music being banned is the signal to me that they’ve won. It’s over. Shame on the accusers and their lies. But also, shame on his friends, colleagues, employees but most of all, the false protectors of his legacy, Branca, MCClain etc.

fraroc04;4244618 said:
If it makes you feel any better, the LN trailer has more dislikes than likes, pretty much all the CBS clips of the Wade/Jimmy interview has more dislikes than likes. And in the comments section, people are tearing Wade, Jimmy, and Adrian McManus apart. I dont know how it is in the UK, but stateside, people aren't buying it at all, calling it a money grab right from the start.

BBC2 radio have banned his music. That’s how it is uk side. I imagine in the US , it’ll divide along race lines, liberal vs conservative etc. The dislikes to the trailer are obviously coming from the fans. The public will show their full fury after they’ve watched the doc.

I wonder if we have the numbers to get something back in the charts again. The Number Ones album has recently gained traction on the iTunes chart. Would be nice for a big collaboration rn like with Drake last year. That seriously did a lot to keep MJ’s legacy high

To Paraphrase John Paul Jones:

I have not yet begun to fight for Michael Jackson!!!!

To Paraphrase Winston Churchill:

We shall defend our Michael Jackson, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender!!!!

This will be our finest hours!!!!

Last edited:

It is funny how Oprah bought Weight Watchers, yet it ain't workin' for her! In 2005, she insulted Michael Jackson, during his trial. In 1993, Oprah was able to go to Neverland and interview Michael Jackson. It was the best thing that ever happened to her, ratings wise. With higher ratings, she gets better Sponsors or commercials, who pay her a better salary. It sure seems like something in the same vein is going on with both Oprah and her bff Gayle. They are looking for ratings like what happened in 1993 when Oprah interviewed Michael Jackson at Neverland. And who else was there...Elizabeth Taylor, the only friend who never betrayed Michael Jackson. Let's face it, Latoya Jackson just didn't do it for Oprah's Network, even with Latoya announcing her engagement to her long time business partner. The ratings just weren't there. At least Marie Osmond has kept the weight off with her Nutrasystem products. I can't say the same for Oprah and her Weight Watchers business. Plus, it seems like there is a shake up going on over at CBS and maybe Gayle's job is on the line, especially if you look at the ratings. Which means viewership which means better sponsors, better commercials, more profits for Network!

I didn't think this would hurt me that much.
I feel so alone sometimes in my fight. When I read the comments on Twitter it makes me sick...
People believe everything they read and make no research. I'm trying to RT Taj's tweets so people would be more aware about what's going on, at least on my TL.
But I feel like it's a lost fight anyway... Anyway, I guess the fans and MJ's family did what they could but now it's too late. People will trust everything that will be said and that's it. Even if Taj makes a documentary to expose the lies, it won't have the same impact, people want scandals.

I'm not a fan of the estate at all, but even I realise they have done some good things in regards to this so far and there is clearly more to come. This thing hasn't even aired yet! People calling for them to make a documentary. Ok cool. How long do you think that takes to make? You want them to slap something together in 2 months and have it turn out horrible and have zero impact? I don't know what they are planning but you can be sure they wont just do nothing. If for no other reason than there is money at stake. They also knew Michael, they also know the case and they also have the truth on their side. The doom and gloom and defeatist attitude is a shame to see around here.

What I'm finding increasingly exhausting is all the articles claiming things like 'Leaving neverland will ruin everything you ever believed about MJ for ever and ever' and 'prepare to learn the absolute complete devastating truth in Leaving Neverland'. Why is everyone so completely fixated on this being the truth and drilling it into everyone who hasn't seen it yet that its the 'truth'. If Michael were alive this would be an 'accusation', not 'the truth'. SOmeone seriously needs to bring up the question of why a documentary is suddenly above the legal system when it comes to truth telling and fairness

What I'm finding increasingly exhausting is all the articles claiming things like 'Leaving neverland will ruin everything you ever believed about MJ for ever and ever' and 'prepare to learn the absolute complete devastating truth in Leaving Neverland'. Why is everyone so completely fixated on this being the truth and drilling it into everyone who hasn't seen it yet that its the 'truth'. If Michael were alive this would be an 'accusation', not 'the truth'. SOmeone seriously needs to bring up the question of why a documentary is suddenly above the legal system when it comes to truth telling and fairness

Meanwhile, there were MJ fans like Marcos who saw the documentary before Sundance who said that it's nothing more than a one sided hitpeice against Michael with no new evidence to corroborate any of Wade and Jimmy's claims.

There's an agenda. Some people would rather see MJ ruined than have the spotlight shined on what they have done/are doing.

For those who are having a difficult time with this, I think it is a good idea to "check out" for a while, to take care of your emotional/ mental health.

I've already deleted Twitter. It was too hard to keep battling people everyday. I was losing sleep, my mindset was off, I was feeling anxious (I still am). But I find obsessing over it only makes it worse. I may need to take some time to regroup and get back to a healthy place mentally. This has been beyond hard since the news broke back in January, but as we've crept closer to the date and seeing how the media has totally embraced this documentary, its made it that much harder. This is a full scale attack on Michael Jackson and it feels like a direct attack on me.

It also feels like part of my soul is being ripped apart. Michael has been such a huge part of my life for the past 15 years. I own every MJ album, I had tickets to This Is It, I have two giant MJ posters hanging on my wall, I own all the DVD concerts, Moonwalker, I went to the Cirque show. I really should get to Vegas because I believe that Cirque show at Mandalay Bay will be cancelled very soon.

Last edited:

There's an agenda. Some people would rather see MJ ruined than have the spotlight shined on what they have done/are doing.

I used to hate using the term "agenda" because I always believed it belittled people's opinions/ideas, but seeing all this now I'm not afraid of that word anymore. There is definitely an agenda with this, clear as day, and people are ignoring it like the mindless, foolish sheep that they are.

I give my hugs and kisses to all of you. I know it’s exhausting, and we are hurting, but it never stopped us before, and what makes you think it will now? We will win this! We can do it!

djlf;4244583 said:

i agree with you i think you are spot on i'm also in the UK and this is going to have a more devastating effect than 1993 and 2005 put together it already has had a big effect and its not even aired yet i'm glad i am working late on Wednesday and Thursday not that i planned to watch it anyway but all my mates will be who have always thought he was a pedophile and they feel this is proof just like the vast majority will because Michael is not here to defend himself the estate or family is not making any serious attempt and no one is going to listen to us as we are just delusional fans to them.

After all this, I don't know if I should hide that I'm a fan of Michael Jackson since I was young, or if I have to be proud and show it like before.
I'm scared of what people might say about it and how to react.
It honestly breaks my heart :( Can't believe they don't leave him alone 10 years after his death...
Maybe we overreact though, maybe people don't really care anymore anyway, I don't know. I don't know how we can measure people's opinion about MJ anyway.

From a BBC spokesman:

"It is not true that Michael Jackson has been dropped from the Radio 2 playlist - which is new releases - as he hasn’t been featured on it.

"We don’t ban songs or artists and Michael Jackson, like any other artist could, be played on BBC Radio as we consider each piece of music on its merits and decisions on what we play on different networks are always made with relevant audiences and context in mind."

Themidwestcowboy;4244786 said:
From a BBC spokesman:

"It is not true that Michael Jackson has been dropped from the Radio 2 playlist - which is new releases - as he hasn’t been featured on it.

"We don’t ban songs or artists and Michael Jackson, like any other artist could, be played on BBC Radio as we consider each piece of music on its merits and decisions on what we play on different networks are always made with relevant audiences and context in mind."

Well that's good news too.....keep it comin'

Do not get weak because that's exactly what they want.
We will win this!

I wonder how some people survived his trial with such a defeatist attitude.

I'm having conflicting issues about all this. Michael has played such a huge part in my life but I feel that it is over for MJ now, and to move on from it all. I know it sounds defeatist and it's how I feel but in the age of MeToo it's a totally different climate to 93' and 05' and this just feels much, much bigger than 05' even though there was a strong anti-Jackson bias then. But yea it does feel like a tsunami is on it's way and there's no coming back from it.

Back