The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

Is anyone been to Mandalay bay event center?
I am planning a trip to LV this year and want to go to see the show when I was there.
I would like to get the floor seat but 2 of my friends who are going with me is not big MJ fans.
My question is how far is section 2XX away from the stage since they don't want to spend to much money?
I know it's an arena and can hold 12000 people.
If anyone has been to that place, can u share some experience. Thanks

I am looking forward to the Immortal CD release.

Hope it is MJ's songs in a new Cirque du Soleil style!

I am looking forward to the Immortal CD release.

Hope it is MJ's songs in a new Cirque du Soleil style!
Yeah!!! The Immortal World Tour will have Cirque's first ever live band on stage, therefore for me it would be great if on the Cirque du Soleil soundtrack we get new versions of classics, mixes of Michael's vocal and live band. :)

Yeah!!! The Immortal World Tour will have Cirque's first ever live band on stage, therefore for me it would be great if on the Cirque du Soleil soundtrack we get new versions of classics, mixes of Michael's vocal and live band. :)

I didn't intend to question targeting you but I thought most of the Cirque's show have live band on stage. This is one of the reason why they are so famous. Especially the couple most famous shows all have live band perform. Immortal tour is not the first one to have it.

^^ No, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this is the first time Cirque has ever featured a live band....

I didn't intend to question targeting you but I thought most of the Cirque's show have live band on stage. This is one of the reason why they are so famous. Especially the couple most famous shows all have live band perform. Immortal tour is not the first one to have it.

No, actually the Immortal show will be the first ever Cirque show with a live band. Not even the Beatles Love or the Vivas Elvis show has a performing live band. The Immortal show is really something new and groudbreaking.

In my opinion, Cirque show is not famous for its musical component. Cirque du Soleil is not a muscial band. It's a touring circus, albeit a highly artistic circus. It's famous for its highly skillful acrobats and creative staging.

I've been to one of the most famous Cirque show, O, in Vegas. I'm sure there was no live band.

Cirque themselves have said this is the first time a live band will be performing at the show.

No, actually the Immortal show will be the first ever Cirque show with a live band. Not even the Beatles Love or the Vivas Elvis show has a performing live band. The Immortal show is really something new and groudbreaking.

In my opinion, Cirque show is not famous for its musical component. Cirque du Soleil is not a muscial band. It's a touring circus, albeit a highly artistic circus. It's famous for its highly skillful acrobats and creative staging.

I've been to one of the most famous Cirque show, O, in Vegas. I'm sure there was no live band.

From the wikipedia page of 'O':

"The music of O was composed by Benoit Jutras and features a mix of classical Western and world instrumentation, including Chinese violin (erhu), bagpipes, African guitar and harp (kora), Colombian guitar, cello, ancient woodwinds and a wide variety of percussion instruments.[18] During the show, the score is performed by a live band situated behind glass walls above and to the side of the stage. The glass protects the musicians' equipment from moisture damage."

Perhaps the Beatles and Elvis show didn't have a live band, but all the 3 Cirque shows I have attended in the past ('Saltimbanco', 'Alegria' and 'Quidam') had live bands as well.

Besides, saying that Cirque is not famous for his music is also a peculiar statement. Sure they are well known for their staging, however, while you and we are watching that the music is enhancing the emotions. I've got several DVD's and CD's of their shows, and I mostly listen to the CD's because their music is so powerful. It's also an aspect that is quite different from the more 'classical' circus music, just as the acts are different from your usual circus.

Perhaps you weren't noticing the music while immersed in 'O', in a way that would signify the harmonious creation of the whole. Just like good film music should not distract you from the film but involve you.

Last edited:
Just to let you know that tomorrow Sept. 27th there will be a last general rehearsal in Quebec City before they go back to Montreal, and some fans and members of the Cirque club have been invited...

I'll be there!!! :clap: :swoon:

Just to let you know that tomorrow Sept. 27th there will be a last general rehearsal in Quebec City before they g back to Montreal, and some fans and members of the Cirque club have been invited...

I'll be there!!! :D

Lucky you!! Can you tell us if there are any other set list changes apart from the ones we know about? Y'know, while including spoiler tags of course!!! :D

I wanna see if Behind the Mask made it in there!

Just to let you know that tomorrow Sept. 27th there will be a last general rehearsal in Quebec City before they go back to Montreal, and some fans and members of the Cirque club have been invited...

I'll be there!!! :clap: :swoon:

I wish I could go with you!! I can't wait to hear what it was like for you. Have fun!!! I see it Oct 15 and I can't wait!!!

Lucky you!! Can you tell us if there are any other set list changes apart from the ones we know about? Y'know, while including spoiler tags of course!!! :D

I wanna see if Behind the Mask made it in there!

hahaha...You're really aching to hear BTM in there, eh? Me too! :wild:

hahaha...You're really aching to hear BTM in there, eh? Me too! :wild:

Of course! The composition, the feeling you get from Michael's vocals and the out-of-this-world melody will go together PERFECTLY with Cirque!!

Thanks, Carine!!! :)

Last edited:

It's quite interesting. I know what news you guys talked about. I also read the news saying that and at that time I think the claim is quite weird. Because most of the production of circus de Soleil show did have live band performance and they did famous for their live music. For the show I've been to, I am pretty sure the O show in vegas did has live band. You can actually saw them performing during the show if you pay attention. They are after the glass wall to the side of the stage. The other show I saw in Disney land Florida called La Nouba also has a live band and singers sing live. I haven't see the LOVE and viva Elvis so I don't know about those 2 (going to see LOVE this year along with immortal tour). I remembered they actually introduced the band at the end of show for crowd to applaud for them in one of the show I saw. They are famous because they combine all different kind of the art factors also including live music performance. Some people are really into their live music and go by the CD after the show including my mom. That's why I kind of always pay attention to their live music performance. Maybe they are talking about the "tour one" and not the show which stay in one place for years. However, that's not quite right either because if I remembered correctly, the other circus show, which is a tour one, I saw in DC 2or 3 years ago also feature a live band. I really don't understand why they claimed that because it's clearly not true.

Last edited:
Of course! The composition, the feeling you get from Michael's vocals and the out-of-this-world melody will go together PERFECTLY with Behind the Mask!!

Thanks, Carine!!! :)

I agree....That's why it boggles me that they chose BN and Monster over something like BTM...That should have been the first song they chose from the 'Michael' album....It's an out of this world, crazy, killer song :D

"The music of O was composed by Benoit Jutras and features a mix of classical Western and world instrumentation, including Chinese violin (erhu), bagpipes, African guitar and harp (kora), Colombian guitar, cello, ancient woodwinds and a wide variety of percussion instruments.[18] During the show, the score is performed by a live band situated behind glass walls above and to the side of the stage. The glass protects the musicians' equipment from moisture damage."

Perhaps the Beatles and Elvis show didn't have a live band, but all the 3 Cirque shows I have attended in the past ('Saltimbanco', 'Alegria' and 'Quidam') had live bands as well.

Besides, saying that Cirque is not famous for his music is also a peculiar statement. Sure they are well known for their staging, however, while you and we are watching that the music is enhancing the emotions. I've got several DVD's and CD's of their shows, and I mostly listen to the CD's because their music is so powerful. It's also an aspect that is quite different from the more 'classical' circus music, just as the acts are different from your usual circus.

Perhaps you weren't noticing the music while immersed in 'O', in a way that would signify the harmonious creation of the whole. Just like good film music should not distract you from the film but involve you.

ALEGRIA did not have a live band.

If Cirque said it's their first live band..why are we questionning them again?

ALEGRIA did not have a live band.

If Cirque said it's their first live band..why are we questionning them again?

Because it's clearly not true. The O show, La Nauba did have live music performance.
Don't know why they claim that. Maybe they are talking about it's the first "tour" one has live band?
ALEGRIA is also a "tour" show

Because it's clearly not true. The O show, La Nauba did have live music performance.
Don't know why they claim that. Maybe they are talking about it's the first "tour" one has live band?
ALEGRIA is also a "tour" show

The Alegria I saw did not have live band. :)

The Alegria I saw did not have live band. :)

I am not saying the "all" have live band. I am just saying they claimed that immortal tour is the "first" to have live band is clearly a not true statement. Because both O and La Nouba did have live band and my mom just told me that Ka also have live band. so it's clearly that the immortal tour won't be the "first" show of Cirque du Soleil featuring live band. I also said that maybe they are talking about it's the first "tour" show to have live band since O, Ka and La Nouba are all stay in one city not tour to other places.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/entertainment/2011/september/319184/Michael-
Jacksons-The-Immortal-World-Tour-coming-to-Orlando
ORLANDO --
Cirque du Soleil announced: Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, will stop in Orlando on February 28 & 29, 2012 at 8 p.m. at the Amway Center.

The show is a partnership with the estate of Michael Jackson, and the Cirque Du Soleil group.

Cirque Club members will be able to purchase tickets starting on September 28 at 10 a.m.. This exclusive offer will only last for five days and the presale tickets can be purchased here.http://www.cirqueclub.com/

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday, October 3 at 12 p.m. You can purchase tickets by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or by clicking here.http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/MichaelJackson

Tickets range from $50 to $250 each (taxes and fees may apply).
http://blogs.courant.com/curtain/2011/09/cirque-du-soleils-michael-jack.html
One could say there were aspects of Michael Jackson's life that had elements of a circus.

Now the late great entertainer is the subject of a new Cirque du Soleil show that will be coming to Hartford's XL Center next spring.

Cirque du Soleil's arena show "Michael Jackson's THE IMMORTAL World Tour" will play the the downtown venue May 2 and 3.

Some seating will be on sale starting Wednesday at 10 a.m. for Cirque Club members General tickets will be on sale at noon on Oct. 3.

The show is written and directed by Jamie King, a concert tour producer-director, choreographer, and creative director for Madonna. The show is being presented in partnership with the Estate of Michael Jackson. The show will feature 60 international performers.

The show is described: It "takes place in a fantastical realm where we discover Michael's inspirational Giving Tree -- the wellspring of his creativity. the secrets of Michael's inner world are unlocked -- his love of music and dance, fairy tale and magic and the fragile beauty of nature."

Tickets range from $50 to $250, not including fees.

The last cirque arena show was last month's "Quidam."

Info: www.cirquedusoleil.com/MichaelJackson and www.cirqueclub.com.

Thank you for this information. I hope you understand that I have no intention to discredit Cirque du Soleil when I said, in my opinoin, Cirque is not known for its musical creation. I guess I just want to say Cirque is more well known for revolutionizing circus act with the highly skillful acrobats, creative staging and the whimsical storyline. Although I'm not a big Cirque fan, I definitely think of a Cirque show very highly.

I honestly don't remember seeing a live band behind any kind of glass wall in O when I saw it in Bellagio in 2007. May be, just like what you said in the bold part, I was too immersed with the show; hence, I didn't notice it? Or, may be they change the setting of the musicians or becasue of my seat (which was quite high up)? :unsure:

The interesting thing is that Cirque themselves said the Immortal show is the first Cirque show involves a live band. Why would they say that if it's not true?

Last edited:
Is it possible that "immortal album" will be something more than old songs in cirque style? Maybe we will have a new unreleased material?

Rihanna's sixth album is due on November 21, 2011. It could be interesting battle on the charts!

OT......but why is Rihanna releasing another album again so soon? does'nt anyone worry about over exposure anymore?

Anyway, the kick off of the Cirque show is getting closer and closer and even though I won't be able to see it, I can't wait to hear how it all unfolds.

Back