The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

OT......but why is Rihanna releasing another album again so soon? does'nt anyone worry about over exposure anymore?

Anyway, the kick off of the Cirque show is getting closer and closer and even though I won't be able to see it, I can't wait to hear how it all unfolds.

Since 2005 Rihanna released new album every year except 2008. I think with Cirque show as a supporting tour and with good promotion, and possibly 1-2 unreleased songs, The Immortal album could hit #1.. Just like This Is It soundtrack did in 2009.

My best guess is that if there are unreleased songs, then everyone seeing the rehearsals have been given a non-disclosure agreement so that they'll be a surprise. It could happen.

My best guess is that if there are unreleased songs, then everyone seeing the rehearsals have been given a non-disclosure agreement so that they'll be a surprise. It could happen.

Maybe the songs are not in the show but it will be on CD release as Bonus material..

Hi again,

I've just returned from the Colisee to get my ticket from Philipp Siegrist (acrobat) and we've talked for 40 minutes. Zaldy came to chat a little with us and he remembered our short encouter at Janet's concert. Jamie King was also there but we didn't have time to be presented.

So tomorrow I'll see (with about 3000 other people) the last rehearsal from the Immortal World Tour! Let's see if they really have a non-disclosure agreement for that many people :)

Hi again,

I've just returned from the Colisee to get my ticket from Philipp Siegrist (acrobat) and we've talked for 40 minutes. Zaldy came to chat a little with us and he remembered our short encouter at Janet's concert. Jamie King was also there but we didn't have time to be presented.

So tomorrow I'll see (with about 3000 other people) the last rehearsal from the Immortal World Tour! Let's see if they really have a non-disclosure agreement for that many people :)

Please post here your thoughts and impressions tommorrow when you come home from the rehearsal. Please remember if they are using 50 cent's rap from Monster or any other part of Cascio tracks.. Thanks!

Hi again,

how can we get invited to such events :)

^^ Why so many people?? The general public?

I don't know why so many people, it's not general public though, I think it's those who registered (and paid) to be Cirque club member, and some lucky people (like me) who knew someone.

Please post here your thoughts and impressions tommorrow when you come home from the rehearsal. Please remember if they are using 50 cent's rap from Monster or any other part of Cascio tracks.. Thanks!

I'll try to remember that :)

I'll check also if it's 3000 or 300 people, cause both numbers were said by Philipp and Zaldy, so I don't know which one is right although they seemed to agree about the 3000... we'll see... :)

^^ OK, so maybe only members in Canada got invited then.

Yeah and please remember to boo if they use any Cascio tracks! Hopefully it will all be good. Can't wait.

Re: New Michael Jackson Album ?

What the heck? Didnt this happen like this last year? Odd. Hope it is positive.

Re: New Michael Jackson Album ?

It's the Cirque Du Soliel soundtrack. It will most likely just be remixes.

It seems like I've gotten confirmation by Joe Vogel that this is indeed the Cirque soundtrack and not anything else/an Amazon glitch, though he said he knew nothing of the tracklist.

ALEGRIA did not have a live band.

If Cirque said it's their first live band..why are we questionning them again?

What? Have you even seen the show? I saw a live performance of 'Alegria', it sure did have a live band. And singers as it's characters etc. etc.

Why are you accepting everything that is being fed to you? Even here on a MJ forum, where the problems with the press and companies seem to me, well known and well documented. And questions are raised constantly.

Again, I've seen three Cirque TOUR shows, they all had a live band.

What? Have you even seen the show? I saw a live performance of 'Alegria', it sure did have a live band. And singers as it's characters etc. etc.

Why are you accepting everything that is being fed to you? Even here on a MJ forum, where the problems with the press and companies seem to me, well known and well documented. And questions are raised constantly.

Again, I've seen three Cirque TOUR shows, they all had a live band.

Not only have I seen the show.. i toured the cirque facility. And it's very fresh in my memory as i saw it again ( The touring Alegria) just 2 months ago :)

You might not know this but the leading character isn't singing live either...lol

Anyway, believe what you want. i know what at I know... i know people who work at the Cirque, and i know the shows i have seen, are not live.

I haven not seen O, and always thought it was live...so now Laliberte & his peeps are making me doubt even that. so there you have it... argument closed for me. I don't feel the need to question everything...From someone ilke Guy. His story speaks for itself...

It's not that deep.

Last edited:
Memefan;3493726 said:
Not only have I seen the show.. i toured the cirque facility. And it's very fresh in my memory as i saw it again ( The touring Alegria) just 2 months ago :)

You might not know this but the leading character isn't singing live either...lol

Anyway, believe what you want. i know what at I know... i know people who work at the Cirque, and i know the shows i have seen, are not live.

I haven not seen O, and always thought it was live...so now Laliberte & his peeps are making me doubt even that. so there you have it... argument closed for me. I don't feel the need to question everything...From someone ilke Guy. His story speaks for itself...

It's not that deep.

Really?

A fairly detailed and impressive article about the band and musicians from 'Alegria';

http://www.briterevolution.com/features/spotlight/cirque-du-soleils-alegria-musical-feat/

A small quote from that article:

Vanessa Napoli, the Cirque du Soleil publicist and spokesperson, says that before she worked for Cirque, she had no idea that the musicians were required to follow the artists’ lead throughout the show.

Please read some comments on 'Alegria' shows this year as well:

http://www.cirquetribune.com/forum/discussion/comment/75042#Comment_75042

Or, the arena version, surely you say the singer was not singing live, just read the first comments on that one:

http://www.cirquetribune.com/forum/discussion/7436/alegria-in-arena-review-a.k.a-god-damnit-nancy

As you know Cirque so well, have you read the testimonials at the official site, at 'meet the team'?

I still don't understand where all that 'first time with a live band' crap is coming from, but is sounds disrespectful (to me) to their own people to say the least.

Too deep?

Damelon;3493799 said:
Really?

A fairly detailed and impressive article about the band and musicians from 'Alegria';

http://www.briterevolution.com/features/spotlight/cirque-du-soleils-alegria-musical-feat/

A small quote from that article:

Vanessa Napoli, the Cirque du Soleil publicist and spokesperson, says that before she worked for Cirque, she had no idea that the musicians were required to follow the artists’ lead throughout the show.

Please read some comments on 'Alegria' shows this year as well:

http://www.cirquetribune.com/forum/discussion/comment/75042#Comment_75042

Or, the arena version, surely you say the singer was not singing live, just read the first comments on that one:

http://www.cirquetribune.com/forum/discussion/7436/alegria-in-arena-review-a.k.a-god-damnit-nancy

As you know Cirque so well, have you read the testimonials at the official site, at 'meet the team'?

I still don't understand where all that 'first time with a live band' crap is coming from, but is sounds disrespectful (to me) to their own people to say the least.

Too deep?

It came direct from the mouth of the creative director and producer face to face with me, personally I don't think they are in the habit of lying so I know who to believe in this instance.

It came direct from the mouth of the creative director and producer face to face with me, personally I don't think they are in the habit of lying so I know who to believe in this instance.

You know what, compared to 'Love', Cirque's Beatles show, they are right. Compared to other shows not. Or can you point me and others to facts that show how all the musicians that Cirque employ around the world at their various shows are miming and not playing live?

I can't wait for this show to come!

I really think it will be great and do MJ justice!

Just came back home after the very last rehearsal and the very first public performance of the Immortal World Tour.

We got the whole show plus some bonus they'll use for tv commercials, they were filming them today!

NO Cascio songs, they switched Monster for Threatened yesterday so it would be ready for today. As for breaking news, no music, only little tiny bits of the video during another song (the multiple screen part of the video)

Pretty similar to the reviews already written by others except that we saw it from start to very end.

Won't say more since it's written no spoilers ;)

As usual, the guys are ADORABLE! Talked with Philipp again, Giannini (who said to me 3 times he wanted to steal my Pepsi coat!), Lico, Jamie King, Keven Anthunes, Greg Philiganes, one of the twins guy, said hi to Guy Laliberté... well, busy day!

Carinemjj;3494944 said:
Just came back home after the very last rehearsal and the very first public performance of the Immortal World Tour.

We got the whole show plus some bonus they'll use for tv commercials, they were filming them today!

NO Cascio songs, they switched Monster for Threatened yesterday so it would be ready for today. As for breaking news, no music, only little tiny bits of the video during another song (the multiple screen part of the video)

Pretty similar to the reviews already written by others except that we saw it from start to very end.

Won't say more since it's written no spoilers ;)

As usual, the guys are ADORABLE! Talked with Philipp again, Giannini (who said to me 3 times he wanted to steal my Pepsi coat!), Lico, Jamie King, Keven Anthunes, Greg Philiganes, one of the twins guy, said hi to Guy Laliberté... well, busy day!
WOW REALLY ?

I really want Monster to be played at the concert I love the Cascio tracks I hope they play Monster

Back