The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

They have made several changes to the show since Vegas, so we might try and sneak in to watch it again

I am most interested in seeing Black or White and the new dancers

They have made several changes to the show since Vegas, so we might try and sneak in to watch it again

There's a new BOW? And dancers?

I really hope they come to australia ..and tour here extensively ...i got an email a couple of days ago and was all excited only to read that its was the cirque OVO show coming to australia and not immortal

Been waiting for over a year! And now I'm only 5 days away from seeing the show (Feb. 10th). I saw one video on youtube before it got removed, and the giving tree wasn't there? Any reason why that would be?

Meme yeap they have changed it since Vegas, so it would be great to see what they do in London--can't wait. I really want to see the giving tree, which was not in vegas.

Been waiting for over a year! And now I'm only 5 days away from seeing the show (Feb. 10th). I saw one video on youtube before it got removed, and the giving tree wasn't there? Any reason why that would be?

I don't remember seeing the giving tree at my show (Anaheim). But I noticed a picture of it in the program book I got. Now I feel like I was kinda cheated. :unsure:

[video]http://www.fox2now.com/videogallery/67885203/News/michael-jackson:-immortal[/video]

Oh! Are you going to Houston to watch it? Me too! Except I am going on the 11th. I hope you have a great time!

Oh! Are you going to Houston to watch it? Me too! Except I am going on the 11th. I hope you have a great time!

In the youtube video you can see the base of the giving tree, but the branches, etc are not there.

Cirque Du Soleil celebrates an immortal with Michael Jackson tour

By Rebecca S. Rivas of the St. Louis American | 0 comments If there were ever to be a world tour commemorating Michael Jackson's life work that would meet the world's expectations, it would have to be mind-blowing - filled with world-class dancers, musicians and performers.
Cirque du Soleil, the world-famous circus, took on the task. And last night, the group's "Michael Jackson - Immortal World Tour" sent many to their feet and to tears at the St. Louis Scottrade Center in a two-and-a-half hour performance filled with all the things one would hope.
Taking center stage amidst acrobats flying through the air and a 10-piece live band was video footage of the King of Pop, projected on video screens that reached from the ceiling to the floor - equivalent to 12 stories.
The audience roared when Jackson's music, recordings of interviews with Jackson and his famous music videos were brought to life among more than 40 dancers and acrobats. Through video storytelling and acrobatic language, Cirque du Soleil is spreading Jackson's message of unity, love, peace and justice across the world.
The show began with Jackson's "Childhood" at the gilded gates of Neverland, where a break-dancing mime awakens the bronze statues that inhabit the magical place.
The serene scene transforms into a high-powered number "Wanna be Starting Something," where dancers and acrobats in tribal costumes climb and down the stage and flip off a tiered tower.
From there, one begins to understand the flow of the night - Jackson's songs overlaid seamlessly from one to the next. And at least 10 exciting things to see at any one time - the electrifying band, dancers and live video-mixing that combined live footage with Jackson's old videos.
Every one of the 22 scenes was hypnotizing, but some stood out more than others.
Starting with "This Place Hotel," artists performed a sensual aerial tango, partially suspended in the air, as if they were in an anti-gravity nightclub. Then the male dancers from this number climbed up about 20-foot-tall light posts, which were flimsy enough to sway back and forth as they read newspapers.
That prompted a prelude to "Smooth Criminal," which was a video of old-timey newspapers talking about this uncatchable criminal and mixing images of Jackson in a white zoot suit. The men climb down from the light posts, as dancers in blue suits perform a choreography that showcases Jackson's iconic moves, including his famous leaning motion.
Then a white-zoot-suited figure arrives on the scene, and the men rip her suit off. Pole dancer Anna Melnikova reveals herself in a sequence bikini-like costume, and proceeds to climb up a tall pole and perform one of the most truly dangerous pole-dancing acts ever attempted to "Dangerous." She was surrounded by gangsters below also dancing.
Mime Salah Benlemqawansa, who served as the show's clown or storyteller, was also a crowd pleaser. As he led the audience from scene to scene, sometimes he would be "inhabited" by Jackson's spirit and break into a beat box number or break dancing.

At one point, the mime opened a stage-size book, and contortionist Baaska Enkhbaatar crawled out to "Is it Scary." At times, she turned the book's pages in a handstand with her feet on her head and with only one hand.
The scene right before intermission was rightfully "Thriller." The number re-imagined Jackson's original choreography and his iconic moves, as dancers and acrobats dressed as mummies performed on a graveyard set.
While the first act "thrilled" the audience, the second act truly pushed forward Jackson's pleas for an end to injustice, hatred, war and destruction of the planet.

It started with a breathtaking dance that encompassed his message of love in "I Just Can't Stop Loving You." Appearing as a black and a white swan, two artists emerge from a lake to perform a graceful straps duo. As they flipped high above the crowd, other aerial ballerinas twirled in the shadows.

Following, the songs "Beat it" and "Jam" were powerful dance numbers that worked the crowd up to "Scream," where acrobats executed a perfectly synchronized tumbling act, flinging themselves in the air and belly flopping onto the stage. Above Ninja-style acrobats suspended in the air interacted with the Japanimation-inspired sequences projected on the screens. The whole scene evoked the planet in peril.
Then in "They Don't Care About Us," dancers reenacted the number that was designed for the THIS IS IT concert tour, as artists dressed like soldiers wearing robot suits lined up to perform a powerful choreography in unison.
The soldiers' breastplates began to glow and artists from the audience came on the stage holding red glowing hearts to "Will You Be There." Almost spooky, Jackson's image was projected on a cloth-like screen that made it wave in and out. The song matched with his image sent many in the audience to tears.
The emotional moment was followed with an up-beat mega mix of "Can You Feel It," "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough," "Billie Jean," and "Black or White" - all riveting dance numbers.
The show's trumpet player Keyon Harrold, a native St. Louisan, kicked off the segment by coming out on the stage and waving the crowd up to dance. One can all but guarantee that his mother Shirley Harrold and his family were among the first audience members on their feet.
For "Black or White," performers manipulated flags in a tribute to the nations and dance styles of the world, including African, Spanish, Thai and Georgian dances.
The show's finale was "Man in the Mirror" - a song that Jackson often chose to end his concerts - in a celebration of the legacy of an immortal.
The show takes the stage again tonight at the Scottrade Center downtown at 8 p.m.

For more information, visit http://www.scottradecenter.com/STC-events/mjcirque.html

http://www.stlamerican.com/entertainment/living_it/article_d8e324e6-5276-11e1-ae14-001871e3ce6c.html

To those who've seen the show, is it me are they have made changes to IJCSLY? I don't think there was a lake before. And there were definitely no aerial ballerinas

Last edited:
Memefan I saw the show in Oct and I don't think the swans emerged from a lake. That is pretty dramatic and I think I would remember that. I like this review. I saw another StLouis paper review and he called the IJCSLY segment a "snooze" but he was for the most part very positve.
I cried during IJCSLY and I thought singing in spanish was wonderful!

Do you know why the Twins were fired? I would beg at Jamie King's feet to let me be in this
show!!!

A friend of mine saw the show later and didn't remember the guys on rings for "Can you feel it?" and I was wondering if they changed that too?

Dance_at_Cirque Cirque du Soleil

Dance auditions for Cirque du Soleil/Michael Jackson in Mandalay bay coming up fast: L.A., NYC, Europe. Stay tuned on this Twitter feed.

2 hours ago

N
ote: if you have time watch this video - quite interesting about the audition process and training

[h=1]Getting into Cirque[/h] Carolyn Jarvis, 16x9 : Monday, November 14, 2011 2:15 PM

<iframe id="ctl00_MainBody_ucStoryVideoSomeRelated_flbStories_ifFacebookLikeButton" allowtransparency="true" style="border-top-width: medium; border-right-width: medium; border-bottom-width: medium; border-left-width: medium; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; width: 450px; height: 32px; " src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http://www.globalnews.ca/pages/story.aspx?id=6442521419&layout=standard&show_faces=true&width=450&action=recommend&colorscheme=light&height=80" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>
<object height="342" width="608"><embed src="http://www.globalnews.ca/video/swf/GlobalNewsEmbedPlayer.swf?player.width=608&player.height=342&player.overlayImageUrl=&pid=Bz_5SlR5sP552OZTwLXLKY7CLS8onbAE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="342" width="608"></object>

Canada’s world-famous Cirque du Soleil is not your typical big top spectacle. With 22 shows around the world, it has become an international sensation. But getting into a Cirque du Soleil production is no small feat. Thousands try out every year hoping they will make the cut – but only a select few ever do.

Finding performers of a high enough calibre falls to Cirque’s team of scouts. Together, they form the largest casting department in the world.

“We are looking for the pearls of the world,” says Giulio Scatola, a dance scout for Cirque. “We are looking for the diamonds in the rough.”

Stacy Clark, also a scout, is responsible for finding athletic talent. That discipline makes up more than 50% of all performers in Cirque du Soleil. “We will look anywhere we need to look to find the most exciting, best technically, best innovation, whatever it is, all over the world,” Clark says.

Once a performer is scouted, they are invited to a Cirque audition. Open calls are held for all disciplines-- dancing, acting, gymnastics - even extreme sports. Athletes who make it through a successful audition are invited to Cirque’s headquarters in Montreal for general training. It is the final qualifying hurdle before being cast in a show.

“Most of these athletes I would say nine times out of ten, have never done what they’re about to do in their life,” says Mitch Head, a coach at Cirque’s headquarters.

Athletes accustomed to traditional gymnastics apparatuses like uneven bars, rings and tumbling have to learn entirely new skills and new apapratus. They are also pushed on their artistry in order to make the transition from competitive athlete to circus performer.

“It’s everything put together,” says Mitch. “All the tools they’ve learned in their dance class, in their acting classes – and of course the acrobatics that we’ve been training since day one – it’s all been leading up to this point.”

This summer, 28 athletes from around the world began their training at Cirque headquarters and 16x9 followed three in particular on their journey. Watch 16x9 this Saturday at 7pm as Chief Correspondent Carolyn Jarvis finds out what it takes - to run away with the circus.

Read it on Global News: Global News | Getting into Cirque

Waw these changes in the show, means you can go to shows in different states and come away with new experiences. This is very clever marketing, because it is making me want to see the show in several different states/countries. The only problem is that I do not have unlimited funds to run all over the world.

Waw these changes in the show, means you can go to shows in different states and come away with new experiences. This is very clever marketing, because it is making me want to see the show in several different states/countries. The only problem is that I do not have unlimited funds to run all over the world.

I don't think its a marketing ploy....they seemed to tweak the show to make it more coherent (a sticking point raised by many critics after Montreal premiere)...and they also seem to pay attention to reviews.

I've said from the very beginning, when the show hits europe, it's gonna be flawless.

Last edited:
I am heading to the second series of Montreal shows in March - should be interesting. And they are coming back to my hometown in July. I think the changes to the show are still happening so I might go again in July just for the different experience.

I am heading to the second series of Montreal shows in March - should be interesting. And they are coming back to my hometown in July. I think the changes to the show are still happening so I might go again in July just for the different experience.

Good for you. I was wondering if they would return to Montreal since they began the shows in Canada, so this is excellent news for those of you who want to see the show again before it heads to Europe.

New dates for Vancouver, BC. August 10th & 11th.

Last edited:
I wish they would have a new date for Madison Square Garden too.

I am sure they will...I too am waiting for NY tix.

There are so many shows int he surroundings areas (Long Island, New Jersey) maybe they are waiting for those to sell out before announcing new NY dates. MSG sold out a long while ago.

I am sure they will...I too am waiting for NY tix.

There are so many shows int he surroundings areas (Long Island, New Jersey) maybe they are waiting for those to sell out before announcing new NY dates. MSG sold out a long while ago.

Meme somehow I have no zeal to go to Long Island or Jersey for the show, which is strange since I went all the way to Vegas to see it. I guess I want the experience at Madison. I regret now that when I bought the Vegas ticket I did not buy the MSG ticket as well. If they add a new Madison date I will stay up all night to buy right away!!!

Saw it last night at the houston toyota center. All I can say was that it was an INCREDIBLE show! They didn't play all the songs that were on the album, and there were some things that could have been different, but other than that I loved it

I have tickets for tonight at the Houston Toyota Center. I can't wait. I'm so excited! :wild:

anybody have any idea how many dates have been announced totally ?? 200??

[h=1]Tickets & Info[/h]Cities & Dates

Other Shows & Cities
Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour is on tour in North America and coming soon to Europe.
Cities & dates are subject to change without notice.

Houston, TXusNow PlayingOn sale now
New Orleans, LAusOpens on February 15, 2012On sale now
Tulsa, OKusOpens on February 18, 2012On sale now
Kansas City, MOusOpens on February 21, 2012On sale now
Indianapolis, INusOpens on February 24, 2012On sale now
Orlando, FLusOpens on February 28, 2012On sale now
Miami, FLusOpens on March 02, 2012On sale now
Jacksonville, FLusOpens on March 07, 2012On sale now
Raleigh, NCusOpens on March 10, 2012On sale now
Charlotte, NCusOpens on March 13, 2012On sale now
Milwaukee, WIusOpens on March 16, 2012On sale now
Montreal, QCcaOpens on March 20, 2012On sale now
Quebec city, QCcaOpens on March 24, 2012On sale now
Minneapolis (area), MNusOpens on March 27, 2012On sale now
Newark, NJusOpens on March 30, 2012On sale now
New York, NYusOpens on April 03, 2012On sale now
Long Island, NYusOpens on April 07, 2012On sale now
Philadelphia, PAusOpens on April 10, 2012On sale now
Pittsburgh, PAusOpens on April 13, 2012On sale now
State College, PAusOpens on April 24, 2012On sale now
Columbia, SCusOpens on April 27, 2012On sale now
Hartford, CTusOpens on May 02, 2012On sale now
Baltimore, MDusOpens on May 05, 2012On sale now
Worcester, MAusOpens on May 16, 2012On sale now
Quebec city, QCcaOpens on May 19, 2012On sale now
Dayton, OHusOpens on June 06, 2012On sale now
Columbus, OHusOpens on June 09, 2012On sale now
Nashville, TNusOpens on June 12, 2012On sale now
Austin, TXusOpens on June 15, 2012On sale now
San Antonio, TXusOpens on June 23, 2012On sale now
Atlanta, GAusOpens on June 29, 2012On sale now
Montreal, QCcaOpens on July 06, 2012On sale now
Washington (area), DCusOpens on July 13, 2012On sale now
Cleveland, OHusOpens on July 17, 2012On sale now
Chicago, ILusOpens on July 20, 2012On sale now
Ottawa, ONcaOpens on July 24, 2012On sale now
Toronto, ONcaOpens on July 27, 2012On sale now
Boston, MAusOpens on August 03, 2012On sale now
Vancouver, BCcaOpens on August 10, 2012Pre-sale
Los Angeles, CAusOpens on August 14, 2012On sale now
Salt Lake City, UTusCancelledOn sale now
LondonUKOpens on October 12, 2012On sale now
HerningdkOpens on October 24, 2012On sale now
CopenhagendkOpens on October 27, 2012On sale now
StockholmseOpens on November 02, 2012On sale now
HelsinkifiOpens on November 05, 2012On sale now
FrankfurtdeOpens on November 16, 2012On sale now
OberhausendeTuesday, November 20, 2012 8:00 PMOn sale now
MunichdeOpens on November 24, 2012On sale now
HanoverdeWednesday, November 28, 2012 8:00 PMOn sale now
ViennaatOpens on December 01, 2012On sale now
MannheimdeWednesday, December 05, 2012 8:00 PMOn sale now
LeipzigdeSaturday, December 08, 2012 8:00 PMOn sale now
HamburgdeOpens on December 11, 2012On sale now
ColognedeOpens on December 15, 2012On sale now
BerlindeOpens on December 19, 2012On sale now
MadridesOpens on December 26, 2012On sale now

CityCountryDate

^^A performance on June 25 may make some sad, but others might embrace an opportunity to see something uplifting and positive about Michael on that particular day.

I think from now on on June 25 I will do a happy thing for Michael.

I just got back from the show.........it was awesome. :wild: I really liked Workin' Day And Night, Smooth Criminal, Dangerous, Billie Jean, Thriller, and TDCAU. Scream was awesome too. :yes:

When the show was about to start, I got up, turn around and said to the people behind me: "I'm warning you, I'm not gonna be able to sit still." A very, very, pleasantly plump woman (probably in her 60's) then said, "Don't worry honey, we won't be sitting still either..........and she started doing some MJ moves. :lol:

I was very happy to see that the place was packed. :wild:

Back