The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

Sad to hear about the SA concerts but hopefully they will get there eventually.

Haven't been on here in a long time I member quite a while back reading something about a potential dvd release when the tour is over. Have we heard anything new about that since?

i did not make it to go to immortal as i havent been well but i know my friends had a awesome time

I went and saw the show at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, it was outstanding!!!!

I was really close to the front and I did see filming going on, I think there will be a DVD but not until the tour has ended.

There's always filming going on. It's shown on the screens as the concert goes on. We're getting a DVD though, the Cirque boss confirmed this to me himself.

Yay that is awesome that tehre will be a dvd coming out that way ppl like me who missed out can still see the show

I've been to both Immortal and One and I've got to say both are amazing both take different approaches, Immortal is more of a concert type of show and on the other hand One, is more of a circus show. I loved both of shows! I live in Houston and the crowd was phenomenal one of the largest attendance Immortal had here in the states. I remember when I'll Be There started playing the lady next to me just bursted into tears and I couldn't help myself neither. I hope to see this on Blu Ray soon!

1393193_661984107159788_1324349465_n.jpg

Wow - 5 weeks in Australia have flown by! Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate the King of Pop!
Source: Facebook

Auckland - 30th October

Dubai - 30th December.

That's quite a large gap in dates. I'd assume it'll do a few more dates in NZ.

74546_670243593000506_2111082198_n.jpg

The IMMORTAL Band.

Led by Musical Director Darrell Smith, this spectacular 11 piece band brings alive the music and lyrics of Michael Jackson, playing to his original vocals.

The Immortal World Tour" returns to North America for 40 more dates next year

"Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" returns to North America for 40 more dates next year, looking to sell another 120,000 tickets

michael-jackson-immortal-osa-images-650-430.jpg

http://www.billboard.com/files/styl...chael-jackson-immortal-osa-images-650-430.jpg

"Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour," which recently became the ninth-top-grossing tour in history, will return to North American arenas in 2014, Billboard can exclusively reveal.

"We're in the process of fiercely booking it," Cirque du Soleil senior VP of touring shows Finn Taylor says. "We're mostly trying to do new markets so we can bring the show to new audiences, but there are some repeats of our more successful markets from the first tour."

Created in a partnership between the Michael Jackson estate and Cirque, "Immortal" will visit small to full-size arenas in the United States, Canada, Mexico and perhaps South America, beginning in March. The Cirque-promoted North American tour will perform in about 40 cities, but specific routing details weren't available at press time.

John Branca, who serves as co-executor of the Jackson estate with John McClain, says the upcoming "Immortal" performances could be slightly different from what audiences have already seen.

"I could see retooling the show in some ways and switching up some elements, but overall the format would stay very similar," Branca says. "There are certain numbers we might redo, but I don't think we would change the entire format."

In August, "Immortal" will once again visit Mexico City's Palacio de los Deportes, where it experienced some of its most lucrative business after grossing $13.2 million from 14 performances in 2012, according to Billboard Boxscore.

"We're positive we can sell another maybe 120,000-140,000 tickets in a second run," says Renato Herrera, executive VP at concert promoter OCESA, which operates the venue.

Herrera says there are also talks about taking "Immortal" to smaller arenas in such South American markets as Colombia, Argentina and Brazil.

Additionally, Cirque is in discussions with international promoters about bringing "Immortal" back to various parts of the world. With 407 shows under its belt, the trek has visited 25 countries on four continents. International dates haven't been confirmed beyond a lengthy run in Dubai, which goes through mid-January 2014.

"It's very tough to do one-offs with this show, because we have to bring all of the equipment with us," Taylor says. "We have to work on establishing some kind of regional leg or regional tour before we can get anywhere. There might be one or two Asian cities that want us, but we need six or seven to make it worthwhile."

So happy it's coming back to the USA. Definitely want to go see this again! That's if they come to Philly or atleast NY?! The first time I saw it I had bad seats way to high to see. I wanna be CLOSER! =) And YAY a dvd? That would be awesome to have of this show!!

"Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" returns to North America for 40 more dates next year, looking to sell another 120,000 tickets

"Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour," which recently became the ninth-top-grossing tour in history, will return to North American arenas in 2014, Billboard can exclusively reveal.

"We're in the process of fiercely booking it," Cirque du Soleil senior VP of touring shows Finn Taylor says. "We're mostly trying to do new markets so we can bring the show to new audiences, but there are some repeats of our more successful markets from the first tour."

Created in a partnership between the Michael Jackson estate and Cirque, "Immortal" will visit small to full-size arenas in the United States, Canada, Mexico and perhaps South America, beginning in March. The Cirque-promoted North American tour will perform in about 40 cities, but specific routing details weren't available at press time.

John Branca, who serves as co-executor of the Jackson estate with John McClain, says the upcoming "Immortal" performances could be slightly different from what audiences have already seen.

"I could see retooling the show in some ways and switching up some elements, but overall the format would stay very similar," Branca says. "There are certain numbers we might redo, but I don't think we would change the entire format."

In August, "Immortal" will once again visit Mexico City's Palacio de los Deportes, where it experienced some of its most lucrative business after grossing $13.2 million from 14 performances in 2012, according to Billboard Boxscore.

"We're positive we can sell another maybe 120,000-140,000 tickets in a second run," says Renato Herrera, executive VP at concert promoter OCESA, which operates the venue.

Herrera says there are also talks about taking "Immortal" to smaller arenas in such South American markets as Colombia, Argentina and Brazil.

Additionally, Cirque is in discussions with international promoters about bringing "Immortal" back to various parts of the world. With 407 shows under its belt, the trek has visited 25 countries on four continents. International dates haven't been confirmed beyond a lengthy run in Dubai, which goes through mid-January 2014.

"It's very tough to do one-offs with this show, because we have to bring all of the equipment with us," Taylor says. "We have to work on establishing some kind of regional leg or regional tour before we can get anywhere. There might be one or two Asian cities that want us, but we need six or seven to make it worthwhile."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ortal-world-tour-arena-dates-cirque-du-soleil

:bugeyed

kermit.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif

tumblr_mbz5mmYQXp1ra56qko2_500.gif
247.gif

But I'll only really believe it when ticket sales begin here in Brazil! :pray: :timer:

74546_670243593000506_2111082198_n.jpg

The IMMORTAL Band.

Led by Musical Director Darrell Smith, this spectacular 11 piece band brings alive the music and lyrics of Michael Jackson, playing to his original vocals.

Does anybody know why Greg Phillinganes seems to have left the show? I haven't heard anything about it, but it's obvious that he isn't part of the crew anymore...

Does anybody know why Greg Phillinganes seems to have left the show? I haven't heard anything about it, but it's obvious that he isn't part of the crew anymore...

Good question. Is it me or has the girl on the electric cello also been replaced? Before it was Tina Guo but it doesn't quite look like her on this picture.

Edit: Found it, her name is "Mariko M Cello".
Has any other cast changed?

Last edited:
Is he focusing on the ONE show? There is Immortal and One now.

The One doesn't have a live band and has nothing to do with the people working on immortal (apart from Jamie King, Kevin Atunes and some choreography/cirque-people)

Good question. Is it me or has the girl on the electric cello also been replaced? Before it was Tina Guo but it doesn't quite look like her on this picture.

Edit: Found it, her name is "Mariko M Cello".
Has any other cast changed?

The guy who played the mime changed during their run at the O2 in London at the start of the European leg of the tour last year. I saw the new mime's first show. He was great. I presume it's still him now.

Merci à tous nos fans qui ont permis à Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil de faire partie du «Top 25 Tours of 2013» de Billboard!

Thanks to all our fans, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil is very proud to be part of The Billboard Top 25 Tours of 2013!

Source: facebook

Bon Jovi beats Michael Jackson, Pink, Bruce Springsteen for 2013's biggest tour

December 16, 2013 4:15PM

THIRTY years after they formed Bon Jovi have scored the most successful world tour of 2013.

Their Because We Can tour grossed $229 million over 102 dates that started in February.

The figures don't even count the Australian stadium leg - tomorrow's show in Brisbane is the last date of the band's entire world tour.

The tour survived the sudden departure of guitarist Richie Sambora in March and sold over 2.2 million tickets globally.

"This is crazy business doing stadiums 30 years on," Jon Bon Jovi said in Melbourne. "I think that generation tells the next generation you gotta see this band live. That's the blessing. It's more than guys that grew up in the '80s."

And death hasn't impeded Michael Jackson's ability to sell concert tickets.

The MJ-themed Cirque Du Soleil show Immortal was the second biggest concert tour of the year.

Launched in 2011, the show features performers inspired by Jackson's music, and a live band playing his hits.

It made $175 million this year, including 26 shows in Australia where the best tickets were priced at $450.

Australia's biggest tour - Pink's The Truth About Love - was 2013's third-biggest seller.

It grossed $165 million, however like Bon Jovi, US dates in November and December have yet to be factored into the overall figures.

Pink's 46 shows in Australia generated $72 million, with her record-breaking 18 shows at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena generated over $29 million alone.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's 2013 tour, which was the year's fourth most popular, was also boosted by a sell-out Australian leg in March.

Springsteen's tour generated $164 million, just behind Pink.

Another Australian visitor, Rihanna, was the year's fifth biggest tour, with ticket sales generating $154 million.

The Top 10 featured The Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Depeche Mode and country star Kenny Chesney.

Teen kings One Direction and Justin Bieber missed the Top 10

Top 10

1.Bon Jovi - $229 million

2.Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque Du Soleil - $175 million

3.Pink - $165 million

4.Bruce Springsteen $164 million

5.Rihanna $154 million

6.The Rolling Stones - $141 million

7.Taylor Swift - $128 million

8.Beyonce - $116 million

9.Depeche Mode - $111 million

10.Kenny Chesney - $101 million