The Mike Patton /Faith No More Thread

I certainly don't think its one of what he would care to do. well ,
ooh, hard disagree. They like the song and their version is fine if you like that sort of thing. I hated it bc, well, I just hate that song and would likely hate any version of it by anyone.

"This heart-break ballad was a huge hit for The Commodores in the 70's, but also became FNM's most successful selling single when is was released in December 1992. Easy was recorded during the sessions for Angel Dust but was not included on the original album release. Due to the success of the single it was added to re-releases of the album in 1993. The earliest record of Easy being performed live by FNM is at Rock City on April 25 1990. According to setlistfm.com the band have played it live over 400 times and it is their third most established live song after Epic and We Care A Lot.
Bill declared that the band decided to add Easy to their live shows to counter balance their version of War Pigs and again "to fuck with people". Despite Patton's "Ewwww" before the solo the band have stressed that they adopted the song with complete sincerity as the singer told Kerrang! in 2009, "If we did a Commodores cover and chuckled at the end of it, it would make everyone else feel a lot more comfortable with it, but that's not the point of it at all. It's stuff we like and we deliberately put it in between two noisy songs to make people take a step back."

i don't have a clue but yes this song sucks to be fair , all versions are boring of it,
Indeedy!

I just noticed, you have almost single-handedly filled up 5 pages of a Mike Patton thread. The man who slagged off your beloved Axl. You must really like him, lol. 😲

ooh, hard disagree. They like the song and their version is fine if you like that sort of thing.
i know that it had lots of major radio play
I hated it bc, well, I just hate that song and would likely hate any version of it by anyone.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
"This heart-break ballad was a huge hit for The Commodores in the 70's, but also became FNM's most successful selling single when is was released in December 1992
yeah see 1992 , It is disappointing that this become their most successful single, that's a punch in the gut when you think of Falling into pieces , Out of Nowhere ...i mean the lyrics to FIP is just epic as is , Epic..... or you know , even Nestle now. there is so much genius material and their most best selling is a bloody cover.
. Easy was recorded during the sessions for Angel Dust but was not included on the original album release. Due to the success of the single it was added to re-releases of the album in 1993. The earliest record of Easy being performed live by FNM is at Rock City on April 25 1990. According to setlistfm.com the band have played it live over 400 times and it is their third most established live song after Epic and We Care A Lot.
Bill declared that the band decided to add Easy to their live shows to counter balance their version of War Pigs and again "to fuck with people". Despite Patton's "Ewwww"
I hated that ewww thing
before the solo the band have stressed that they adopted the song with complete sincerity as the singer told Kerrang! in 2009, "If we did a Commodores cover and chuckled at the end of it, it would make everyone else feel a lot more comfortable with it, but that's not the point of it at all. It's stuff we like and we deliberately put it in between two noisy songs to make people take a step back."
alot of thought goes into their artistry,

Indeedy!

I've noticed quite a few lyricists say this.

i-think-that-too-many-people-think-too-much-about-my-lyrics-i-am-more-a-person-who-works-with-the-quote-1.jpg

I've noticed quite a few lyricists say this.

i-think-that-too-many-people-think-too-much-about-my-lyrics-i-am-more-a-person-who-works-with-the-quote-1.jpg
So he could just go by feel , does free hand , what feels good instead of what thinks good . It is a thought provoking quote
But i think his lyrics are excellent - they make sense and feel good , or can feel ..the emotion , he can convey emotions well

My fave Mike Patton quote is one I can't find (don't expect to find). It's from a rock mag interview, he was asked about his, er, scatalogical sense of humour, where did he get it from and he said, 'My parents. Where do you think it came from?'.

Made me laugh.

My fave Mike Patton quote is one I can't find (don't expect to find). It's from a rock mag interview, he was asked about his, er, scatalogical sense of humour, where did he get it from and he said, 'My parents. Where do you think it came from?'.

Made me laugh.
about that ...oooh
Good answer though

Back