The MJ Estate Has Updated the FAQ Page on the Official Website

Some of the estate's responses are laughable. MJ's catalog music doing well is cos MJ's music. Has nothing to do with how estate handled it. Are they congratulating themselves for merely making the back catalog available and not blocking it on all platforms?

In 11 years, shouldn't thy have found every MJ storage vault strewn across the globe and located and cataloged what is available? Did Mike leave no trail? I hear from multiple music collaborators of Mike on MJCast on how they have loads of stuff and that the estate has never contacted them. How much more time do they need to locate things? Most likely everything not located is in advanced stage of decay by this point.

Re: The Michael Jackson Estate updates FAQ to update fans and answer most asked questions by fans

Also, I do not believe they had plans for HIStory 25, it would have been in planning way before covid was a thing. It is just an excuse. And a rather sad one at that.

I think it's harsh to refer to co-vid as an excuse. There's a myriad of ways that co-vid - the economic fallout, the restrictions on travel and other movements, the human toll - could affect the ability of the Estate to go ahead with previously planned projects. Anniversary projects need funding and they need human resources and venues that are open and functioning. Let's remember that MJ ONE has not been up and running for most of the year and the MJ musical won't launch until 2021....therein lies a huge hole in projected revenue for this year's Estate budget.

The part about the Prince Estate is shameful. Imagine being so arrogant as to write a statement like that, utterly tone deaf.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the Prince Estate, any other Estate, or anything they do.

Did Mike leave no trail?

Obviously not. In the words of Michael himself: "I'm not very organised in that way."

I hear from multiple music collaborators of Mike on MJCast on how they have loads of stuff and that the estate has never contacted them

Most likely everything not located is in advanced stage of decay by this point.

If the collaborators have "loads of stuff" as they claim, then it won't be in advanced stages of decay will it? It will be in their vaults.

And why should the Estate contact them? If they think they have something usable....something great....then they should contact the Estate!

I remain skeptical of such claims....especially after eleven years, when they tend to become more and more exaggerated; much like the amount of credit some of them think they deserve on MJ's songs.

Michael probably had tons of songs. Problem with that is, they were either in his head, not very good or he started them and just never bothered with them again after that.

Will.I.Am doesn't want to release the work he did with Mike which is fair enough. Whilst I question some of the material Michael did decide to include on his albums from Dangerous onwards, the guy was known to be very particular about how he wanted his songs and one has to respect that. I'm actually surprised some of the demos came out on Bad 25, considering some weren't even finished.

As for other estates being jealous of MJ's estate...Bet they weren't jealous when Leaving Neverland came out.

Which brings me onto the next and final point...I know we're all fans here and we want as much material and product as possible but, it would be complete and utter madness and the height of stupidity if they released anything whilst the LN shit is going on.

This entire FAQ is laughable lmao
It's all about money $$$$ and sales numbers, what a bunch of vultures.

From the ‘HIStory’ album recording sessions onwards, Michael Jackson was spending less time in the studio for making and recording new songs.

This was due to the 1993 Jordan Chandler's allegations against him, and additionally due to the Arvizo trial in 2005, that curbed significantly his enthusiasm for creating and recording new music in the studio.

He would also behave in a rather erratic way during those sessions by being verbally abusive to some of his collaborators (like, during the ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ album sessions), by not appearing at certain, planned sessions or by leaving in the middle of the sessions for no reason (like, during the ‘Invincible’ album sessions).

During his final years (after the 2005 trial) he also did not seem to be engrossed enough in the creation and recording of his new music in the studio, and he also would easily get bored with new songs that were in progress and would abandon them unfinished.

So, these things can also explain why (in that long period from 1994 to 2009) he left in his vaults not many unreleased, completed new songs, as compared to other artists.

mj_frenzy;4301431 said:
From the ‘HIStory’ album recording sessions onwards, Michael Jackson was spending less time in the studio for making and recording new songs.

This was due to the 1993 Jordan Chandler's allegations against him, and additionally due to the Arvizo trial in 2005, that curbed significantly his enthusiasm for creating and recording new music in the studio.

He would also behave in a rather erratic way during those sessions by being verbally abusive to some of his collaborators (like, during the ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ album sessions), by not appearing at certain, planned sessions or by leaving in the middle of the sessions for no reason (like, during the ‘Invincible’ album sessions).

During his final years (after the 2005 trial) he also did not seem to be engrossed enough in the creation and recording of his new music in the studio, and he also would easily get bored with new songs that were in progress and would abandon them unfinished.

So, these things can also explain why (in that long period from 1994 to 2009) he left in his vaults not many unreleased, completed new songs, as compared to other artists.

What happened during the BOTDF sessions?

Serious Effect;4301420 said:
Perhaps so, but it does impart a questionable impression. The results of shady business methods will provoke doubt, that's for certain.
You can’t really blame the Estate for releasing the Michael album with the three fake songs. Michael was close with Cascio family and even lived with them in 2007. The Estate had no reason to doubt the credibility of the Cascio family.

I think they should edit the paragraph about the Prince estate. It’s one thing when the fans pit them against each other, but a whole different thing when they do it publicly on the official website. That’s taking attitude a bit too far, in my opinion.

Nite Line;4301433 said:
You can’t really blame the Estate for releasing the Michael album with the three fake songs. Michael was close with Cascio family and even lived with them in 2007. The Estate had no reason to doubt the credibility of the Cascio family.

Personally, I’m critical about the way they handled the affair after it turned out the songs were fake. I have a hard time understanding the reasoning for not pulling the release and reissue it without the fake songs. People make mistakes. It’s how they handle them that makes all the difference.

Last edited:
Some of the estate's responses are laughable. MJ's catalog music doing well is cos MJ's music. Has nothing to do with how estate handled it. Are they congratulating themselves for merely making the back catalog available and not blocking it on all platforms?

In 11 years, shouldn't thy have found every MJ storage vault strewn across the globe and located and cataloged what is available? Did Mike leave no trail? I hear from multiple music collaborators of Mike on MJCast on how they have loads of stuff and that the estate has never contacted them. How much more time do they need to locate things? Most likely everything not located is in advanced stage of decay by this point.

Exactly. They are somehow trying to take credit for MJ's music being popular still. It is still popular because it's MJ, not because the estate are somehow better than every other one. Very arrogant. They constantly speak of numbers in such a way that makes me not care at all. "Look at us, so much better than the Prince Estate". Give me a break.

Last edited:
ScreenOrigami;4301435 said:
Personally, I’m critical about the way they handled the affair after it turned out the songs were fake. I have a hard time understanding the reasoning for not pulling the release and reissue it without the fake songs. People make mistakes. It’s how they handle them that makes all the difference.

Yep, they had plenty of notice they were fake. Several people told them they did not think it was MJ, but they preferred money to releasing legitimate songs.

SmoothGangsta;4301437 said:
Yep, they had plenty of notice they were fake. Several people told them they did not think it was MJ, but they preferred money to releasing legitimate songs.

Even the lyrics are fake af. They’re miles below anything that MJ has ever written.

ScreenOrigami;4301435 said:

I agree that they should release the Michael album again without the fake songs. They deserve criticism for not doing that, but I think it’s unfair to criticise them for releasing the fake songs on the Michael album initially.

Nite Line;4301441 said:
I agree that they should release the Michael album again without the fake songs. They deserve criticism for not doing that, but I think it’s unfair to criticise them for releasing the fake songs on the Michael album initially.

Like I said, plenty of people warned them, they had plenty of time to not release them but decided to anyway.

A bit off-topic, but I think the Scream album, the one released in Fall 2017, could have been much better (commercially maybe) if the song list was improved. A benefit of compilation albums is that it can bring attention to less mainstream pieces. The Scream album had the potential to fulfill that. Clearly the Estate had a similar aim, but kind of failed to carry it out with a setlist that contained pretty commonly-known songs:

These projects, and others that may be added in subsequent years, when taken together will help introduce Michael to new generations of fans and help parents introduce Michael to their children. For example, we heard of a fan who played “Torture” for his wife which led to her wanting to hear more Michael and Jacksons music. While we are happy to know that fans are enjoying the album, anecdotes like this mean we are also finding new fans!

SmoothGangsta;4301442 said:
Like I said, plenty of people warned them, they had plenty of time to not release them but decided to anyway.

And like I said, they had no reason to doubt the Cascio family because of Michael’s close ties with them. Also, Teddy Riley who worked on the Michael album also said at that time that the fake songs were genuine. The Estate had no reason not to trust Riley.

Nite Line;4301446 said:
And like I said, they had no reason to doubt the Cascio family because of Michael’s close ties with them. Also, Teddy Riley who worked on the Michael album also said at that time that the fake songs were genuine. The Estate had no reason not to trust Riley.

Riley actually told people that he wasn't sure they were MJ. Everyone that heard the songs said that. Riley changed his tune once he got a genuine mj track to work on.

Obviously not. In the words of Michael himself: "I'm not very organised in that way."

If the collaborators have "loads of stuff" as they claim, then it won't be in advanced stages of decay will it? It will be in their vaults.

And why should the Estate contact them? If they think they have something usable....something great....then they should contact the Estate!

I remain skeptical of such claims....especially after eleven years, when they tend to become more and more exaggerated; much like the amount of credit some of them think they deserve on MJ's songs.

Easy there - why are you biting my head off? What about all the stuff not with collaborators? Am I allowed to say they may have decayed?

Exactly. They are somehow trying to take credit for MJ's music being popular still. It is still popular because it's MJ, not because the estate are somehow better than every other one. Very arrogant. They constantly speak of numbers in such a way that makes me not care at all. "Look at us, so much better than the Prince Estate". Give me a break.

You know, I'm on an MJ book binge and this is the part that annoys me a lot. A whole bunch of deal makers acting like they made something a success - if you look into it, all they did was be middle men between Michael and someone looking for something from Michael. The deal makes money because Michael is dancing and singing and people want to see him. Then the middlemen go on and on about how much they did for Michael. Michael is making the executors and their law firms richer than they ever imagined - it's work and is appreciated but please don't act like you don't know which is the head and which is the tail.

Last edited:
Re: The Michael Jackson Estate updates FAQ to update fans and answer most asked questions by fans

Also, I do not believe they had plans for HIStory 25, it would have been in planning way before covid was a thing. It is just an excuse. And a rather sad one at that.

John Branca mentioned wanting to 'do something for HIStory' way back when Spike Lee's Bad 25 doc. was premiered in 2012. (He spoke about it in London). I'm sure both 'COVID' and the re-booting of the legal cases (R and S) due to the extended statute of limitations will have meant that plans would be altered for this year.

Last edited:
When the Estate exits probate, the Executors' role will end and Michael's children will be the trustees. I believe there is provision for the Execs to remain in an advisory capacity, through the transition period (and beyond), if required.

If all the outstanding court cases go to trial and/ or are then subsequently appealed (ie HBO, Robson, Safechuck), I can't see the Estate 'exiting probate' (completing all the legal work that has financial implications) for several years yet. Unfortunately.

Mikky Dee;4301417 said:
I hate Beatles music. I seriously have never been able to understand what all the fuss is about. They. cannot. sing.
I can't think of anything worse than listening to their unpolished, drug-fuelled, cat-wailing, three-chord demos.

#sorrynotsorry

OK, this is way offtopic, but I just can’t let this stand uncommented. :D

It’s one thing to not like the Beatles, as in “not my cup of tea”, but a whole different thing to claim they couldn’t sing. First off, everyone can sing. It’s not a rare gift that’s only given to a select few. The human body usually comes equipped with everything you need to sing. Take a breath, open your mouth, hit a sequence of notes, and voilà, you’re singing. You improve by practicing and gaining more and more control over the components of your instrument (vocal folds, larynx, tongue, resonance, breath control etc.).

Many people think they can’t sing, or are ashamed to sing, and because they don’t do it, they don’t make progress. But if anyone just keeps singing, they’ll get better at it. You can choose to work with a vocal coach, like Michael did, to expand your vocal range and explore all kinds of experimental styles, but you don’t have to. Leonard Cohen, for example, made some really splendid albums with a very basic singing technique.

There are many different styles of singing, and only because someone doesn’t sing like Whitney Houston or Luciano Pavarotti doesn’t mean they can’t sing. The Beatles’ singing depends not so much on each individual’s perfect control over their instrument, but is characterized by their distinct voices combining strong melodies and harmonies with songs that appear simple on the surface, but are often revolutionary in their arrangements and surprising in their chord progressions. The resulting typical Beatles sound is so unique that it’s instantly recognizable, even though their music has changed tremendously over the years.

So, it’s of course completely okay to not personally like their music, but I think their artistic achievements are undeniable.

“My favourite English group will always be The Beatles ‘cause they had real good songs. A lot of the bands today have more musical sounds and different sounds and things you’ve never heard, but melody and great lyrics is not there. They always had great melody and lyrics - even if it was just a harmonica playing in the background, the melody was the feature of the whole song. “Yesterday” […] always touched me the most. It was always special to me. I think it’s wonderful, the melody and the music and the whole feeling.” – MJ (Smash Hits, Dec 1982)

While we all have different taste of music. i like some beatles songs and michael did too. i respect anyone who doesn't though.

They. cannot. sing.
I can't think of anything worse than listening to their unpolished, drug-fuelled, cat-wailing, three-chord demos.

#sorrynotsorry
Fair enough if you hate The Beatles, but to say they can't sing is just ridiculous. As are those other remarks.

Michael had several philosophies that we use as guides. One of those is, “The quality goes in before the name goes on.”

What a hypocritical thing to say when the Michael album is still out there with three fake tracks on it. Just imagine how Michael would feel about that. As long as they continue to allow that abominable situation they shouldn't claim to care about Michael's feelings regarding releasing unfinished material.

And that whole "We're the best Estate!" section is just arrogant and unnecessary.

whatever the history 25 thing is true or not i hope we get something at least next year. i just hope there not anything bad redos to the songs etc. follow by the MJ musical i think we know where's their going with that.

Back