The MJJC July 13th 02 Vigil General Discussion From Page 36 [UPDATE: Post 1]

my message...I posted it on their wall, and too all the group admins including Laura!

Vigil - Definition:

2. Hence, devotional watching; waking for prayer, or other religious exercises.
So they in heaven their odes and vigils tuned. --Milton.
Be sober and keep vigil, The Judge is at the gate. --Neale (Rhythm of St. Bernard).

I don't anything there saying party / disrespect for others / attention seeking / superiority / segregation!

YES people have different ways of grieving. Some wanted to celebrate life. Thats fine. Others are still truly devastated and wanted to mourn with other fans and hold a VIGIL! where was the time for them?! You promoted this as a vigil, when it was in fact it was a disrespectful FAN PARTY! Filled with people trying to show off, and grab the limelight from why we was really there!

And when fans wanted to have the "stage" (WHICH IF YOU HAD BEEN THERE THE DAY AFTER HIS DEATH YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN WASN'T A STAGE BUT A PLACE TO LAY FLOWERS / LETTERS / CANDLES!) for TWO MINUTES to say a few words, have a minutes silience and release some balloons in RESPECT for Michael, we was told NO! why?! because the "organiser" said no one was allowed on the stage but performers and to wait till 11. There is so many thing wrong with this its hard to know where to start.

Firstly, clear lack of respect for the real reason we was there, COS MICHAEL HAS PASSED. if you really cared, then his TOD would have meant something to you! But as far as you were concerned 11pm (which was when the noise pollution curfew was, surprise surprise) was ok, when it had no significance apart from your convenience.

Secondly, since when are fans who can dance more important that fans who cannot? you created a clear segregation! If people wanted to dance, and people wanted to watch them, then there was plenty of room for this to be done without taking over the place for fans to pay their respects , ON THE FLOOR! Just like the people who were not part of your "group" were doing! This was not about performers / impersonators. This was about the loss of Michael. And you took this away from a lot of people.

Lastly, who are you? who put you in charge? who gave you the right to tell people how they can or cannot celebrate michaels life or mourn his death? You claim you organised this event, when it in fact originated with MJJC. Was you the one who spoke to AEG / the o2 to get the ok to host the event on their premesis? NO! that was MJJC! Was you the one who got them to put up board like they had at staples in LA? NO! that was MJJC! All you organised was a completely disrespectful fan party, for people to take the limelight for impersonating Michael. And to then blame this CIRCUS on MJJC is just pathetic! You invited these people. And they were not anything to do with MJJC, as the president of MJJC has stated! MJJC organised a vigil for fans to come together, support each other, and to mourn their loss. YOU hijacked that and organised a shambles and a disgrace to Michael's name!

You ruined a very monumental day for A LOT of people! People are grieving and YOU and your group, made it that little bit harder! Fans are in a very vulnerable state (with the total of suicides rising) and this day was a chance to say goodbye and have some closure. You took that away from them. And to not even to apologise to these people, and to continue with your superior attitude just shows your true lack of regard for the fans who have really been effected by Michael's death! You are disrespectful. And Michael would have not been proud!

You can continue to try and ignore our upset by deleting our comments. But we are not in the minority as you might think! Yes you have 1,500 members of your group, but MJJC is the biggest Michael Jackson fan community worldwide (something like 16,000 members), and we will not be ignored!

O and if you would like to argue that this was all your idea and everyone enjoyed it and MJJC were responsible for the circus, then i suggest some light reading for you....

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63859

Yours Sincerely

Katie Redpath

I just read the stuff you posted in their group on the wall. Nicely done! Will probably be removed in no time, but still good job!

I'm also so very angry and the worst is that now it's over and we will never get that day back that was supposed to be his opening night.

I hadn't attended any vigils or get-togethers in London since he passed as I thought the one at The O2 would be the biggest and nicest. Thousands of candles, people mourning and coming together to pay their respects.

I could seriously freak out when I think how it turned out :(

my message...I posted it on their wall, and too all the group admins including Laura!

Vigil - Definition:

Be sober and keep vigil, The Judge is at the gate. --Neale (Rhythm of St. Bernard).

I don't anything there saying party / disrespect for others / attention seeking / superiority / segregation!

YES people have different ways of grieving. Some wanted to celebrate life. Thats fine. Others are still truly devastated and wanted to mourn with other fans and hold a VIGIL! where was the time for them?! You promoted this as a vigil, when it was in fact it was a disrespectful FAN PARTY! Filled with people trying to show off, and grab the limelight from why we was really there!

And when fans wanted to have the "stage" (WHICH IF YOU HAD BEEN THERE THE DAY AFTER HIS DEATH YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN WASN'T A STAGE BUT A PLACE TO LAY FLOWERS / LETTERS / CANDLES!) for TWO MINUTES to say a few words, have a minutes silience and release some balloons in RESPECT for Michael, we was told NO! why?! because the "organiser" said no one was allowed on the stage but performers and to wait till 11. There is so many thing wrong with this its hard to know where to start.

Firstly, clear lack of respect for the real reason we was there, COS MICHAEL HAS PASSED. if you really cared, then his TOD would have meant something to you! But as far as you were concerned 11pm (which was when the noise pollution curfew was, surprise surprise) was ok, when it had no significance apart from your convenience.

Secondly, since when are fans who can dance more important that fans who cannot? you created a clear segregation! If people wanted to dance, and people wanted to watch them, then there was plenty of room for this to be done without taking over the place for fans to pay their respects , ON THE FLOOR! Just like the people who were not part of your "group" were doing! This was not about performers / impersonators. This was about the loss of Michael. And you took this away from a lot of people.

Lastly, who are you? who put you in charge? who gave you the right to tell people how they can or cannot celebrate michaels life or mourn his death? You claim you organised this event, when it in fact originated with MJJC. Was you the one who spoke to AEG / the o2 to get the ok to host the event on their premesis? NO! that was MJJC! Was you the one who got them to put up board like they had at staples in LA? NO! that was MJJC! All you organised was a completely disrespectful fan party, for people to take the limelight for impersonating Michael. And to then blame this CIRCUS on MJJC is just pathetic! You invited these people. And they were not anything to do with MJJC, as the president of MJJC has stated! MJJC organised a vigil for fans to come together, support each other, and to mourn their loss. YOU hijacked that and organised a shambles and a disgrace to Michael's name!

You ruined a very monumental day for A LOT of people! People are grieving and YOU and your group, made it that little bit harder! Fans are in a very vulnerable state (with the total of suicides rising) and this day was a chance to say goodbye and have some closure. You took that away from them. And to not even to apologise to these people, and to continue with your superior attitude just shows your true lack of regard for the fans who have really been effected by Michael's death! You are disrespectful. And Michael would have not been proud!

You can continue to try and ignore our upset by deleting our comments. But we are not in the minority as you might think! Yes you have 1,500 members of your group, but MJJC is the biggest Michael Jackson fan community worldwide (something like 16,000 members), and we will not be ignored!

O and if you would like to argue that this was all your idea and everyone enjoyed it and MJJC were responsible for the circus, then i suggest some light reading for you....

Yours Sincerely

Katie Redpath

*Gives you a truly heartfelt round of applause*

F**k me katie! *applause*

I think this should be send to the Wil Vincent? As well.

give me a link and i will send it..or you can send it on my behalf i don't mind.

And thanks, that took me bout an hour cos i kept on getting so upset writing it! Wanted to try and get my point of view accross without rambling or swearing. It was hard! lol

Someone just posted agreeing with me (not sure if its someone from here), tried to respond to them, and its saying wall unavailable!

I hadn't attended any vigils or get-togethers in London since he passed as I thought the one at The O2 would be the biggest and nicest. Thousands of candles, people mourning and coming together to pay their respects.

I could seriously freak out when I think how it turned out :(

Me neither and agreed on thinking the o2 would be the nicest. It SHOULD have been thousands of candles and that sort of beautiful thing. How can these people say "it's what Michael would have wanted" referring to their "talent" contest/party or whatever it was.

from Laura...

Ok im not quite sure why you feel the need to send such a essay regarding monday night when it was the people from MJJC who were to do with the people on the stage! All we did as a group was make everyone aware that we were holding a vigil for Michael on monday, nothing more. So stop point fingers at me when all the people acting like they were in a circus was nothing to do with anything i had arranged.

As for the stage and you being told no, i completely agree that you should have been allowed to go up there as I wanted to also to lay roses lite a candle and say goodbye. But don't come shouting to me and blame everything on me when i was nothing to do with the music/dancers and people entertaining all night.

If you feel this strongly then take it to MJJC as they seemed to have wanted credit for the night anyway.

o and for those who wanna know...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=637786571

shes friends with mjjc...

Me neither and agreed on thinking the o2 would be the nicest. It SHOULD have been thousands of candles and that sort of beautiful thing. How can these people say "it's what Michael would have wanted" referring to their "talent" contest/party or whatever it was.

I think what I am most upset about is Michael was taken away from us so suddenly we will never get him back - and the only day we could hold on too was the 13th July 2009. A day we will never ever get back and they took it away from us :(

The best way ive heard it described was a BRITAINS GOT TALENT PISS UP PARTY.

I hope the media doesnt read this and take what were saying out on context though :(

I notice Wil Vincent (who I shall be referring to as the loudmouthed t*** with the megaphone) doesn't have Michael Jackson listed on his music interests

I think what I am most upset about is Michael was taken away from us so suddenly we will never get him back - and the only day we could hold on too was the 13th July 2009. A day we will never ever get back and they took it away from us :(

The best way ive heard it described was a BRITAINS GOT TALENT PISS UP PARTY.

I hope the media doesnt read this and take what were saying out on context though :(

I wouldn't even mind if the media reads this. I don't want to be associated with these people there yesterday at all. For me, it was a disgrace to Michael and his fans!

I notice Wil Vincent (who I shall be referring to as the loudmouthed t*** with the megaphone) doesn't have Michael Jackson listed on his music interests

NICE! Jesus, I get so freaking angry now....what the hell WAS THAT yesterday and WHY on EARTH would they ruin our vigil???? :(((

*shakes head* I dont know.......

Was that you lol? Drunken is more appropriate for the forum - even though moments like these I find it hard to keep "naughty" words to a minimum

But on the other hand, it could very well be that some of the people on stage and chanting, singing, dancing are members here on MJJC.
How the hell would we know?!

But on the other hand, it could very well be that some of the people on stage and chanting, singing, dancing are members here on MJJC.
How the hell would we know?!

Because I think we all had angrey face and were standing around going "this is a f*****g joke!!" I think I even sent you a text at one point katz saying "we are around the circus!"

my response to Laura (don't know why im bothering!)

Well thats strange...you organised it and want to be thanked for it, but all you did was create a facebook group? Which is it? And also, the organiser from mjjc was with us when we were trying to get on the stage at 10.26, not on the stage, and the president was having dinner, both of which are men, and we was told that "SHE" is in charge...

Very odd, your story doesn't quite add up does it!

And statement from the President and owner of MJJC...

"Guys

I am at this point after hearing and seeing what I saw I am very much discusted by the hijacking by the impersonators and lime light seekers, THIS WAS NOT ABOUT THEM

I am saddened by the sheer disrepect towards those that wanted to quietly say goodbye or even have their say, instead I saw an impersonator and fame circus.

This is not what I organised nor what I wanted for the fans and members of MJJC.

I am truely sorry there were those that were treated like they did not exist, or were not important enough to be able show their respects to Michael in the way they wanted,

However to those that did enjoy the circus I am glad you did celebrate michael through his music with some singing and dancing,

And guys, yes we will be doing this again however this time I will rent a building and if your not a member of MJJC your not aloud in, if thats what it takes thats what will happen.

Let me also reiterate,

I did not invite ANY impersonators nor did I allow for any sound systems,

This was beyond my control and not some I condoned, my plans were to celebrate his music in a more subtle way and be able to view and see a make shift stage for flowers and candles, instead it was hijacked by an imperonator and fame seeker circus.

I just hope those that did attend did get something out of the day.

Best

Gaz

AND mjjc would never be proud of such a disgusting event. We organised a vigil, which was hijacked by you and your attendees.

from Laura...

Ok im not quite sure why you feel the need to send such a essay regarding monday night when it was the people from MJJC who were to do with the people on the stage! All we did as a group was make everyone aware that we were holding a vigil for Michael on monday, nothing more. So stop point fingers at me when all the people acting like they were in a circus was nothing to do with anything i had arranged.

As for the stage and you being told no, i completely agree that you should have been allowed to go up there as I wanted to also to lay roses lite a candle and say goodbye. But don't come shouting to me and blame everything on me when i was nothing to do with the music/dancers and people entertaining all night.

If you feel this strongly then take it to MJJC as they seemed to have wanted credit for the night anyway.

o and for those who wanna know...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=637786571

shes friends with mjjc...

She blamed MJJC yesterday too. I alerted Gaz as I was worried that the site may get targetted but by the time I did, she deleted it. That whole response just makes my blood boil. I can't beleive she is saying she wanted to light a candle, lay a rose and say goodbye, cos wasn't she the other loudmouth who kept skipping tracks she didn't know?

Because I think we all had angrey face and were standing around going "this is a f*****g joke!!" I think I even sent you a text at one point katz saying "we are around the circus!"

You did indeed! lol

I know there was one member from here on the stage, who was friends with the dancers i believe, but he wasn't who was in charge, and actually tried to help us, and told the security that the "she - the organiser" was not in charge, no one was! don't know what member that was tho!

*shakes head* I dont know.......

Was that you lol? Drunken is more appropriate for the forum - even though moments like these I find it hard to keep "naughty" words to a minimum

Yeah thats what i meant. It sounds better when you're angry doesn't it? lol

I know some people were from MJJC on the stage, that is a fact but the majority were not.

Guy's listen up,
We have to put this behind us now and begin organising our own meet ups elsewhere, where we can really do what we want to do.

When are people free? Is anytime good for people? Weekends? A specific day? Let me know!

Actually, we should organise a time to go on MJJC'c Chat room to discuss things.

She blamed MJJC yesterday too. I alerted Gaz as I was worried that the site may get targetted but by the time I did, she deleted it. That whole response just makes my blood boil. I can't beleive she is saying she wanted to light a candle, lay a rose and say goodbye, cos wasn't she the other loudmouth who kept skipping tracks she didn't know?

Thats why i felt that Gaz's posts were the most appropriate response..i hope he doesn't mind. But i won't have her bad mouthing MJJC like that! grrrrr

I know some people were from MJJC on the stage, that is a fact but the majority were not.

Guy's listen up,
We have to put this behind us now and begin organising our own meet ups elsewhere, where we can really do what we want to do.

When are people free? Is anytime good for people? Weekends? A specific day? Let me know!

Actually, we should organise a time to go on MJJC'c Chat room to discuss things.

Ive sent ya a message on facebook bout this. I think the only way for my anger for monday to go away is to put it productively into something else. How do we get to the chat again!?

I know we should try to forget about Monday, but it's just so damn hard.
And i feel SO sorry for the people that came from countries far away....what if they only had that one chance to attend a vigil :'(
It's really sad....

Vigil - Definition:

Yours Sincerely

Katie Redpath
i love you katie :)

Ill try to leave it and forget tomorrow- i was so upset about monday yesterday but now im just angrey. Was the stage meant to be where we lay flowers and candles then? If so im more annoyed? Theres just no answers are there?

Back