The MJJC July 13th 02 Vigil General Discussion From Page 36 [UPDATE: Post 1]

Oh, and I must give my compliments at the staff of The Ledger Building. They were very nice.

Yeah they were! Even the manager himself came to talk to us when he spotted we were from Finland and he wanted to take pics of us with the poster placed outside :)

And Hoofmark no need to remind me, I know we were supposed to come to talk with you guys after finishing our burgers, but for some weird reason it never happened :doh:

I'm sending a big hug for anyone who is still trying to get this out of their system... I know it took me a few days... I'm as confused as hell as to how people can be so disrespectful, and jump into a crowd of devoted fans claiming that they're suddenly the stars and we're the audience...

I wonder if this is the kind of thing we have to expect now. This era of being a fan is new to us all. We're still adjusting, and we're going to come across a LOT of things that have been alien to us. I agree that the day was stolen from us. Two days or more, if you travelled. But there were good parts, and we need to focus on those. They are there, keep looking for them, the good memories. They are all that matter.

There will be more days that won't be stolen from us.

The big candle I brought to burn out and keep there, I only lit for about 20 mins then put it back in my bag.... I'm burning it at home, and it's still going strong. :D xx

5456_103468252909_775127909_2030380_3016496_n.jpg

The last few days I have tried to shake off my utter disappointment with how Monday turned from what should have been a delicious ride on the Orient Express and how this then was raided by train thieves that saw fit to derail this and cause an utter train wreck.

I had a framed photo of Michael, as well as a letter which I wrote from the Heart, the contents of which only a few people have read, I was going to leave it up there complete with all the other endearing tributes but as we all know how the atmosphere was I chose not to in case this gift to Michael would have been stolen by some lout or something.

The last few days I have written my own account of Monday and interspersed it with a number of apt photos, many of which I have used on this forum which I have published on facebook this is the only blog I wrote which is accessible to everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?cr...4746114#/note.php?note_id=123244746114&ref=mf

I don't want to rant and be negative but I need to vent some frustration out. I have no one else to tell.

The people on stage were really bad. "I say Michael, you say Jackson" - seriously? How unoriginal. "This is it this is it this is it"?! I was in disbelief. I thought something nice was scheduled. I was wrong.

The small group in the centre were much better. They were singing and dancing which I took much joy in being a part of but I made a big mistake by going to near the stage where I thought would be the main attraction with some good stuff lined up. Signature were great, mind you..

I am definitely looking forward to any future meet ups that are properly organised.

By the way, if anyone wants the video of when the balloons were released, let me know. I am still trying to figure out how to get it onto my laptop from my phone.

This and sooooo many other posts have summed up how i felt. I felt completely violated to be honest. i felt like Michaels memory was being trampled all over by some wanna be in the spotlight idiots. They started playing will you be there in the evening with candles and it really started to feel like after many hours of tacky distateful behaviour that we were getting somewhere... and then some wanker with a boom box and a group of "dancers" started playing beat it or jam or something really loudly that droned over the top. I went over and pleaded for them to turn it off, pointed out that something special was happening and to have some respect. I was laughed at. By "fans". SHAME ON YOU.

our group released balloons as we were just desperate for that day to feel like it had meaning and closure, true respect for Michael, not some person with a megaphone pr a heavily madeup impersonator riding on Michaels coat tails.

To top it all off, a group of fans at the end of the night had an ALL OUT war/ fight/ argument over the memorial and tribute items. The video was posted on facebook which I saw, fans calling each other "grave robbers" and arguing on the "stage" - again SHAME.

Maybe it comes with maturity, maybe it is down to people not knowing how to behave in unexpected and difficult times. But I found the whole thing a massive disappointment, a slap in the face to Michaels memory and very very poor taste. I wont be in a hurry to go back.

Ive been a fan quietly on my own for almost 30 years now. While I have participated in 3 fan events in the past while I was in London, I have found that generally, while I am happy to post on these boards, the events and meet ups are always like this. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say.

Re: The MJJC July 13th 02 Vigil General Discussion From Page 36

Was brilliant yesterday. Many thanks and much love to everyone who was there as well as this forum :) I lit candles and wrote on the wall on behalf of MJC (im sure it's already been done but i did it anyway). If anyone has any pics of me in my pink wings can they post them please, I don't have any of the wings!

REMEMBER...Michael was an HUMANITARIAN, not just the KING OF POP! xxxx

Gaz, just read your last post. I too was hurt by the fact that there was an impersonator with a huge crowd round him and having pictures taken as if he was the real Michael. It made it more like a sideshow than a vigil - inappropriate :( However I met a lot of genuine, loving and caring fans yesterday, and that's what made the day for me personally. Both in the clubhouse and at the 02 there were many people who recognised Michael's humanitarianism as well as him musical acheivements and although maybe this wasn't the place to say this, I thought that was very important. To everyone I met, thanks for making it special :)

Yes AND THEN someone in the "entourage" of that impersonator said "Can everyone please remember that Navi is here to pay his respects to Michael also so lets just please leave him alone and let him do that"

errrr....??? WHAT!???? Then dont show up in full costume!!! Come looking like the rest of us and pay your respects like the rest of us. I have never really dissed navi before, but he just crossed a line that day that he SHOULD NOT HAVE CROSSED. Disgraceful. It hurt many of us so much to see that when Michael has passed so recently. Was this a chance of good "product placement" that will secure more bookings?

This and sooooo many other posts have summed up how i felt. I felt completely violated to be honest. i felt like Michaels memory was being trampled all over by some wanna be in the spotlight idiots. They started playing will you be there in the evening with candles and it really started to feel like after many hours of tacky distateful behaviour that we were getting somewhere... and then some wanker with a boom box and a group of "dancers" started playing beat it or jam or something really loudly that droned over the top. I went over and pleaded for them to turn it off, pointed out that something special was happening and to have some respect. I was laughed at. By "fans". SHAME ON YOU.

our group released balloons as we were just desperate for that day to feel like it had meaning and closure, true respect for Michael, not some person with a megaphone pr a heavily madeup impersonator riding on Michaels coat tails.

To top it all off, a group of fans at the end of the night had an ALL OUT war/ fight/ argument over the memorial and tribute items. The video was posted on facebook which I saw, fans calling each other "grave robbers" and arguing on the "stage" - again SHAME.

Maybe it comes with maturity, maybe it is down to people not knowing how to behave in unexpected and difficult times. But I found the whole thing a massive disappointment, a slap in the face to Michaels memory and very very poor taste. I wont be in a hurry to go back.

Ive been a fan quietly on my own for almost 30 years now. While I have participated in 3 fan events in the past while I was in London, I have found that generally, while I am happy to post on these boards, the events and meet ups are always like this. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say.

I totally agree, I had the same feelings the whole evening. I was standing in the crowd crying all the time while everyone else was cheering and shouting.

i wanted to cry when i got there coz it actually hit me at first there was just music then the chanting started, then the guy with the megaphone shouted lets make a dancefloor, then there was a part when people were making a human chain walking around screaming michael michael, i didnt know what to expect that day but i seriously wanted to cry but there were people making fun of others it wasnt right when the cameras showed up thats when the in my mind a circus started i just wanted to shout out we are here to remember michael so lets do that and not pay attention to the cameras.

But it is done now its not something i want to remember because as i was there i thought it could of been planned much different and the MJ look-a-like at one point said no i didnt come here for pictures but then stood on the stage and help up a sign then performed later on everyone deals with a loss in a different way but i just thought it would of been different

Hi im new on hear as was a member of another Michael forum! Hope people dont mind me saying how i felt about the day on Monday!

I went down with my mum, we had already been down to the 02 the saturday after we lost our angel, i have to say i am pleased we did as was really upset about monday.

When we went down on the Saturday there were only a few people there im sure they were members of this forum, and they were so lovely to me. I have been finding it really difficult to cope with but being down there on the saturday made me feel at peace a bit. I thought Monday would be the same but on a bigger scale.

When we got there on Monday it was so emotional, i knew it would be. Myself and my mum put our flowers down and then sat on the steps near the big screen, I could not stop the tears. I meet a couple of people who were so sweet, giving me big cuddles i think made me worse though lol. We were talking to these people about everything michael, and it was so nice and so relaxed.

Then all off a sudden i heared this screaming in my ear a lad and a girl on a megaphone, there went my relaxed day.

I could not handle it so myself and mum went inside to look at the entrance to the arena sad i know but i felt i had to. Closure maybe not sure.

I decided to go back outside which is where i saw a smaller group off people crowding round a small stereo and a single candle with a glove and hat, that to me was what it was all about. Okay so i cried alot again but it just felt right soi want to thank that small bunch off people whoever they are for making the day special xxx

Oh, btw, I was sitting in the train two days ago and I think there some people from fanboards. I was wearing my MJ shirt and as soon as I got in, there were 2 guys who started to play ''Burn this disco out'' on their mobile phones. I was having a BIG suitcase, so I couldnt walk over to say hello.. I think the train went to something with the name ''crossing'' in it. I got off at Waterloo East, because I took the wrong train. :p

just wondering if they are on the board. :p

I don't wanna keep thinking about the negative stuff, I am happy I was able to be with people who I knew from before and who I felt understood how I was feeling. And to be able to be in the O2 bubble with no noise, with barely any people around, four months after having seen MJ there...and to just be able to walk around there in peace and go through all the memories in my mind in peace...I needed that. I was crying like an idiot inside the O2 though...couldn't help it. I started crying already when we were walking towards it and I thought I can't go inside because it's too painful because I am going to "re-live" March 5th all over again and then be so sad that MJ is gone...but I knew I had to go inside. But needless to say I was extremely sad and my make up was messed up from all the tears and I looked awful. It was so difficult to walk in and when we had to go through security and the security guy said "I don't see a happy face on you...you don't look very happy"...that was just too much and I burst into tears. I wanted to say "What's there to be happy about? Why should I be happy? I miss Michael and I saw him right in HERE just four months ago and now he is gone...you think I am happy??! It is such a sad day!!" :boohoo:...but I wasn't able to say anything because I started crying so badly. I just walked through security and walked right in. And while I was walking around, exactly where I had been and where Michael had been....all I could think of were the lyrics to "One Day In Your Life"....it just made me cry. "One day in your life...you remember a place..someone touching your face...you'll come back and you'll look around you...." And I'll Be there and Will You Be There lyrics made me cry. I said I'll be in London in July and when his concerts start...because he said "See you in July"....and I was there...even after he was gone...I was there. I said "I'll be there"...and I was. Those songs have a totally different meaning and such more meaning now that Michael is gone. :cry:

Just wanted to let anyone who is considering sending an email or text (from the "statement" he posted) to the guy with the megaphone is likely to be wasting their time. I sent a very long email to him explaining how his and others behaviour at the vigil had been seen as disrespectful and many people were upset. I also questioned a lot of his actions (like why he turned up so early and hijacked the stage, the shouting, track skipping etc etc) All I got in response was a rude and aggressive email full of foul language, completely avoiding the questions and instead told me he had a lot of problems and had had a hard life. In particular he felt the need to describe a graphic incident from when he was 12. Whether this incident happened or not is not for me to say (and I'm not saying it didn't), but it was completely irrelevant and I don't understand why he decided to tell me. He also posted a link to facebook with a video attachment, but as I'm not on facebook I can't view it. I had hoped he would apologise, but it doesn't seem that is going to happen. I AM going to attempt to move on from this now. Sorry for going on for so long :(

Guys, as hard as it is let's forget about the night and look forward to MJJC events in the near future and will be how we want it!

I didnt really mind Navi or the human chain, the dancing and so on..

But the yelling on those ANNOYING megaphones was really really getting on my nerves.
Around 10 PM it finally got better and more tastefull but i felt totally disrespected by these so called 'happy' fans, ugh.
I would have liked to watch the artwork behind the stage but had no chance to do so.

Just wanted to let anyone who is considering sending an email or text (from the "statement" he posted) to the guy with the megaphone is likely to be wasting their time. I sent a very long email to him explaining how his and others behaviour at the vigil had been seen as disrespectful and many people were upset. I also questioned a lot of his actions (like why he turned up so early and hijacked the stage, the shouting, track skipping etc etc) All I got in response was a rude and aggressive email full of foul language, completely avoiding the questions and instead told me he had a lot of problems and had had a hard life. In particular he felt the need to describe a graphic incident from when he was 12. Whether this incident happened or not is not for me to say (and I'm not saying it didn't), but it was completely irrelevant and I don't understand why he decided to tell me. He also posted a link to facebook with a video attachment, but as I'm not on facebook I can't view it. I had hoped he would apologise, but it doesn't seem that is going to happen. I AM going to attempt to move on from this now. Sorry for going on for so long :(
Lol, I'm gonna phone him. I so don't feel like writing a long email and getting a shitty reply back. He can't escape answering if I'm gonna phone him. :p

Ohmygod...I'm just reading this right now. Didn't knew it turned out to be this way! :(

But remember, Michael would've been proud of you to all have the strength to come over there!!! He said 'see you in july', and you guys were there to pay him your respects even though it was really hard for you.
(I feel so bad I couldn't...)
I'm sure karma will get these stupid people who were over there too, and if karma wouldn't work, I'm sure Michael will find a way to let them know that it was unappropriate! ;)

I travelled down to london with my daughter and niece.I hate traveling and it was my first ever time in london or that far from home but I just felt like I needed to be around other real fans and it felt like I some how owed it to Michael after all he had done,gone through for his fans then I could,should make the journey down.Also I wanted to be able to say goodbye.
I did first go to the pub where some met up but I was too shy to realy talk to anyone.Wish I had now.
Then when we arrived at the 02 I was a little put about,it seemed strange having people on the stage,and it seemed like they all was'nt what I class as real michael fans.
I stayed till around 9:45 then we had to go for our coach home.My daughter did put her poster up that she had made for michael and we wrote on the wall,we also had a few tears but it just did'nt seem feel right I dont know why maybe 1 of the reasons is the way other's were acting and maybe becouse It still hasn't truely sunk in that Michael has died.
Now I know im capable of traveling (I suffer with anxiety) and now know of other real fans I hope that I will make it to MJJC events in future and wont be too shy to say Hi

Ohmygod...I'm just reading this right now. Didn't knew it turned out to be this way! :(

But remember, Michael would've been proud of you to all have the strength to come over there!!! He said 'see you in july', and you guys were there to pay him your respects even though it was really hard for you.
(I feel so bad I couldn't...)
I'm sure karma will get these stupid people who were over there too, and if karma wouldn't work, I'm sure Michael will find a way to let them know that it was unappropriate! ;)

"See You In July" How much more evocative this really is.

:( Why do i come and read this thread it brings back all the anger again grr :(

sorry if this post isnt appropriate but i think we have ranted enough about what went wrong that night and how it should of been
Now i think we should lay this night to rest and move on - Its 1 day we can never change or get back so we should try and get anything positive from that night like how many fans turned out, no matter big or small fans neather the less they appreciated michael in there own way and im happy for this and was great to see alot of people wearing Mj t-shirts and clothes, so we should remember this.

Maybe we should also stop it being a sticky (hopfully it will dissapear out of sight) and then focus on the pictures thread and how great alot of the pictures came out

sorry if this post isnt appropriate but i think we have ranted enough about what went wrong that night and how it should of been
Now i think we should lay this night to rest and move on - Its 1 day we can never change or get back so we should try and get anything positive from that night like how many fans turned out, no matter big or small fans neather the less they appreciated michael in there own way and im happy for this and was great to see alot of people wearing Mj t-shirts and clothes, so we should remember this.

Maybe we should also stop it being a sticky (hopfully it will dissapear out of sight) and then focus on the pictures thread and how great alot of the pictures came out

On a positive not has anyone seen snorlaaax video on youtube of the vigil? It really is beautiful.

Back