The Photo... (no pic in post)

I've not seen the actual photo but if it's a reddish bruise like mark in the middle of his chest that you're talking about, it's most likely from the chest compressions during CPR. As far as I'm aware, they did not shock him as his heart was never in a shockable rhythm.

From what I can tell (as the photo is quite blurry) it is a distinct star shape. Others have commented that it is definitely a star shape as well. It is fairly high up on the middle of the chest. I think on the chest bone is how youd describe it. (corrrect me if Im wrong someone)

Does anyone know why the photo is blurry? It has been mentioned that this is not normal for autopsy photos, but I dont know as Ive only seen the one.

BTW For those that have not seen it, I will clarify for you that it was taken before the autopsy was started, so thankfully you dont actually see any of the autopsy in itself and the fact that it is blurry softens the blow visually I guess?.. but still in my way of thinking it is a very gruesome thing to see.

Just a quick question:

If the family of the deceased had requested that the photo was not shown at court, would this have prevented both photos being shown at all???

From what I can tell (as the photo is quite blurry) it is a distinct star shape. Others have commented that it is definitely a star shape as well. It is fairly high up on the middle of the chest. I think on the chest bone is how youd describe it. (corrrect me if Im wrong someone)

Does anyone know why the photo is blurry? It has been mentioned that this is not normal for autopsy photos, but I dont know as Ive only seen the one.

BTW For those that have not seen it, I will clarify for you that it was taken before the autopsy was started, so thankfully you dont actually see any of the autopsy in itself and the fact that it is blurry softens the blow visually I guess?.. but still in my way of thinking it is a very gruesome thing to see.

Thank you for the reply. I tried to search for the photo so that I could possibly comment on the mark but I'm sorry, it was too difficult emotionally. Just seeing the picture of him on the gurney with the hospital gown on again was more than enough.

I would warn against doing a search, as I myself on the day of the report did a google for MJ autopsy photo and saw one that was depicting an actual autopsy being performed!!!

.. My gut instinct says it was photo shopped and not real, but it looked real enough and was totally horrible!!

What comforts me a little bit is: The picture doesn't show OUR Michael. Michael is somewhere else and I'm quite sure he's at peace now. The picture only shows what once contained his beautiful soul.

I :agree:. This is so wonderfully said... Indeed It ONLY shows the BODY Michael just to live in ONCE... Michael's SOUl is still ALIVE though... :angel:

Apparently Katherine did tried to stop ifrom the pics being made public.

"Michael Jackson's mother Katherine was "very upset" when a photo of her late son's lifeless body was shown on the opening day of DR. Conrad Murray's trial, because the famous family asked for the picture to be kept private."
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/jackson-family-opposed-michael-death-picture_1247565

That's terrible

So why were the courts so determined on showing the picture???.........it's pointless!!!

Hopefully the children haven't seen any of those pictures.......

.........And hopefully nobody at school is that mean.......

The way I understand it, they had to do it as it is the law as part of the evidence needed and so they warned the family so they could leave before the viewing. I guess that was the best solution they could do.?

It was edited out and not shown on the footage of the trial I watched and any of the articles I read also came with a warning to a link you had to click on before actually seeing it.

So it seems at least there was some effort to censor it I guess?

Ok... I know today was a very sad and hard day. But i have to make a few small points. I have to say that for all of them saying how thin Michael was and how they could count his ribs... I didn't see that. I saw a healthy male. Now few are going to disagree with me when i say he was a healthy man but how can you argue with the Coroner and the Autopsy reports and photos.

Right now i want to take a moment and comfort those who have been strongly effected by this photo. I know how hard it is to see someone like that let alone it being Michael. And i hope to GOD these "BeLIEvers" will stop now. This pain is like losing a family member every day since the 25th of June. Think how the Jackson family is feeling. Its about a million times worse for them than it is for us.

ALSO I have to say that after reading and hearing a bit of the proceedings today that the defense doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. If you are confident you dont stutter or lose your train of thought like that. I have to also say that to me it seems like the Defense is only trying to protect Murray half assed.

You know what? I think you're absolutely right.

Although, when I first saw the picture, I didn't come up with this conclusion. Last week, on Tuesday, October 11, (holy crap I still remember the date), when I came back home from school and turned on the TV, I could NOT believe what I was seeing. My eyes were wide-open, frozen - and I couldn't stop saying "OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD". I just, I mean, my brain couldn't process anything at that point; I just kept shaking my head in disbelief. I was in complete shock and everything just seemed like a blur, like a bad dream. My family was eating downstairs and they called me to join them, but I couldn't move, let alone even think about eating. I felt sick to my stomach and my heart rate shot up. It's hard to explain just how many different emotions were running through me at that point. All I know is that it was horrible.

But after I recovered a bit, I sat down and really tried to look at the picture without letting my emotions take over. I figured that since I plan on going into medicine, I'm going to have to see things like this all of the time...and I'm usually not this queasy when it comes to these things...but dear God, this was Michael... It was tough, but when I finally forced myself to set those feelings aside and really looked at the picture, I realized that it wasn't all that bad. Apart from the scarring (?), the cut on his chest (?), the bruises (probably from resuscitation attempts), and the uneven pigmentation (Vitiligo), Michael looked fine. I couldn't count any ribs on him (like you said); he was thin, but overall, he looked fine. (His height - he was pretty tall - probably added to the thinness, but again, he looked fine). He didn't look like a "hospice patient" like one of the paramedics recounted; nor did he look "emaciated", like some reports said after he had passed. Honestly, I think he looked like a healthy 50 year old man. But then again, am I tricking myself into believing something I WANT TO instead of accepting what's actually there? Am I being "delusional" like some people would say...? Ugh this is so hard.

Obviously this picture will always be extremely difficult to look at; it doesn't matter how hard I try to detach myself from my emotions or how objective I try to be, it'll always, always be difficult to look at. But somehow, by taking these observations into account, it lessens the uneasiness I had felt before. It takes some of the pain away and lets me look at the picture with a clear mind. And the reason I've tried so hard to get my mind to accept this picture is because I feel like it's something I have to face in order to find out what happened to Michael.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just showed my mom the autopsy picture (she's an MD) and she didn't really agree with me. From her perspective, he looked thin - but she added that she always thought he looked thin. She also said his body/physique looked like that of a teenager's and not of a 50 year old man's (I didn't really agree with that). I kept telling her that his BMI was normal and that the coroner said he was healthy. She told me that people can have BMI's that are within their normal range but can appear to be thin. She also emphasized that there is a difference between the actual condition of his body at the time of his death and what was captured in the picture. She told me that you can never really base anything off of pictures because they are affected by lighting, camera angles, zoom, etc. Only people who see the body in real life can make an accurate judgement. She then explained how the body goes through rigor mortis and as a result of that, everything swells up - which could explain why I saw what I saw. And lastly, she told me that people with insomnia are generally thin because their metabolism is always working and doesn't have a chance of slowing down because they aren't able to sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I'd like to add. Nancy Grace is a complete idiot...(like we didn't know that already). Here's what she said, word for word, when asked what she'd do if she was one of the prosecutors. Complete idiot:

Nancy Disgrace said:
"Well, number one, if I was the prosecution, I would be prepared with my fork and knife to cut him [Murray] up and eat him up like a Thanksgiving turkey. So, the State's gonna be thrilled if he takes the stand because he will not be able to survive cross examination. You heard him speaking to police, he is not quick on his feet. He's gonna make a horrible impression and it's my understanding that he lied in his statement to the police. A few of the things I would do if I were cross examining him would be....[BLAH BLAH BLAH]....I WOULD THEN bring back out, even though the fans and the family don't like it, the naked body of Michael Jackson, because even I, I'm a JD(?) not an MD, can see that he is a junkie. He's got track marks all over his body. Neck, arms, legs, fingers, you name it. Conrad Murray had to know he was doping up a junkie. And after I did that, I would rest completely, it'd be all over. All I would be waiting for is the sentencing."

OH THIS FAT COW. Someone needs to shove a giant Thanksgiving turkey with all the forks and knives up HER throat. Seriously, she needs to SHUT THE HELL UP. She's made a career off of talking BULL on TV. She's pulling this stuff out of her fat, egotistic buttocks, without any facts to support her claims, and is broadcasting it all over national television. She doesn't even know what she's talking about half of the time, scratch that, MOST of the time! I've looked at the picture and I don't see any track marks. I've looked at the picture and I don't see a junkie either. Some of you guys have looked at the picture, and you don't see any track marks or a junkie either, right? So where the hell does she get this stuff and why the hell does she have the right to say it?!

You know what? I think you're absolutely right.

Although, when I first saw the picture, I didn't come up with this conclusion. Last week, on Tuesday, October 11, (holy crap I still remember the date), when I came back home from school and turned on the TV, I could NOT believe what I was seeing. My eyes were wide-open, frozen - and I couldn't stop saying "OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD". I just, I mean, my brain couldn't process anything at that point; I just kept shaking my head in disbelief. I was in complete shock and everything just seemed like a blur, like a bad dream. My family was eating downstairs and they called me to join them, but I couldn't move, let alone even think about eating. I felt sick to my stomach and my heart rate shot up. It's hard to explain just how many different emotions were running through me at that point. All I know is that it was horrible.

So you guys saw it on TV there! Im stunned as everything Ive seen has been edited.

You have described very much how I have felt as well, but I did not get over it so easily as you have gone on to say. It is good to hear you have such a mature approach.

But after I recovered a bit, I sat down and really tried to look at the picture without letting my emotions take over. I figured that since I plan on going into medicine, I'm going to have to see things like this all of the time...and I'm usually not this queasy when it comes to these things...but dear God, this was Michael... It was tough, but when I finally forced myself to set those feelings aside and really looked at the picture, I realized that it wasn't all that bad. Apart from the scarring (?), the cut on his chest (?), the bruises (probably from resuscitation attempts), and the uneven pigmentation (Vitiligo), Michael looked fine. I couldn't count any ribs on him (like you said); he was thin, but overall, he looked fine. (His height - he was pretty tall - probably added to the thinness, but again, he looked fine). He didn't look like a "hospice patient" like one of the paramedics recounted; nor did he look "emaciated", like some reports said after he had passed. Honestly, I think he looked like a healthy 50 year old man. But then again, am I tricking myself into believing something I WANT TO instead of accepting what's actually there? Am I being "delusional" like some people would say...? Ugh this is so hard.

You can see vitiligo and all that other stuff!??.... You must have a very clear copy, what Ive seen is VERY blurry!. But your right I thought the same thing I could not see a hospice patient or someone starving like in third world conditions which is what I thought they meant. But interesting to know what your mom said below as well. I wondered how the rigor mortis might effect things.

Obviously this picture will always be extremely difficult to look at; it doesn't matter how hard I try to detach myself from my emotions or how objective I try to be, it'll always, always be difficult to look at. But somehow, by taking these observations into account, it lessens the uneasiness I had felt before. It takes some of the pain away and lets me look at the picture with a clear mind. And the reason I've tried so hard to get my mind to accept this picture is because I feel like it's something I have to face in order to find out what happened to Michael.

Well said and so much agree!

I just showed my mom the autopsy picture (she's an MD) and she didn't really agree with me. From her perspective, he looked thin - but she added that she always thought he looked thin. She also said his body/physique looked like that of a teenager's and not of a 50 year old man's (I didn't really agree with that). I kept telling her that his BMI was normal and that the coroner said he was healthy. She told me that people can have BMI's that are within their normal range but can appear to be thin. She also emphasized that there is a difference between the actual condition of his body at the time of his death and what was captured in the picture. She told me that you can never really base anything off of pictures because they are affected by lighting, camera angles, zoom, etc. Only people who see the body in real life can make an accurate judgement. She then explained how the body goes through rigor mortis and as a result of that, everything swells up - which could explain why I saw what I saw. And lastly, she told me that people with insomnia are generally thin because their metabolism is always working and doesn't have a chance of slowing down because they aren't able to sleep.

Thanks for that insight, it all helps make sense.!

Sorry I lost the last quote about Nancy Grace to add. But I cant comment as I dont see her here in Australia, but will look it up out of interest!... Thanks again!

Last edited:
The way I understand it, they had to do it as it is the law as part of the evidence needed and so they warned the family so they could leave before the viewing. I guess that was the best solution they could do.?

It was edited out and not shown on the footage of the trial I watched and any of the articles I read also came with a warning to a link you had to click on before actually seeing it.

So it seems at least there was some effort to censor it I guess?

:google:
^^That's the problem, it can all be found through google!

Apparently Katherine did tried to stop ifrom the pics being made public.

"Michael Jackson's mother Katherine was "very upset" when a photo of her late son's lifeless body was shown on the opening day of DR. Conrad Murray's trial, because the famous family asked for the picture to be kept private."
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/jackson-family-opposed-michael-death-picture_1247565

The court had ultimate say over whether it was shown... however, the least that could have been done is ensuring, to respect both Michael and the family, the cameras were switched off as it was shown or showing copies to jurors only so that the media did not see either photograph. I am still enormously surprised neither option was used.

One thing I'd like to add. Nancy Grace is a complete idiot...(like we didn't know that already). Here's what she said, word for word, when asked what she'd do if she was one of the prosecutors. Complete idiot:

OH THIS FAT COW. Someone needs to shove a giant Thanksgiving turkey with all the forks and knives up HER throat. Seriously, she needs to SHUT THE HELL UP. She's made a career off of talking BULL on TV. She's pulling this stuff out of her fat, egotistic buttocks, without any facts to support her claims, and is broadcasting it all over national television. She doesn't even know what she's talking about half of the time, scratch that, MOST of the time! I've looked at the picture and I don't see any track marks. I've looked at the picture and I don't see a junkie either. Some of you guys have looked at the picture, and you don't see any track marks or a junkie either, right? So where the hell does she get this stuff and why the hell does she have the right to say it?!

LMFAO!! Sorry, I had to laugh!

w36af.jpg

Many ppl asking about the red mark on his chest. The autopsy report reads resuscitative abrasion-contusion of central chest.

Yeah, "former prosecutor" makes things up as she goes along. Her favorite sentence is "and then he died in a pool of his own urine". That is soooooooo blatantly made up, that you can only wonder if people that make up this kind of nonsense proved the existence of alternative realities. Didn't know a 'pool of urine' was on the bed. I actually laugh at that much blatant lying. She kept saying that for the last 2 weeks, I think someone has a personal obsession with it.

Velez-Mitchell on the other hand is still processing her science class trauma 30 or 40 years later. "Oh Goooooooooood, those innnnnnnnnnelectals, ml and mgs are soooooooooooooooooooo complicated, all this medical gobbly-gock." (I think she said that once or twice; "medical gobbly gock")

See, and these are the people that say that Michael didn't run on all cylinders.
The press tried for decades to make out Michael to be the alien from another planet- but I don't know on which planet you take a sense of pride in "ooooooh, this is too difficult". Most people would feel compelled to try and understand something, look it up, ask someone to help them understand.
Not so on HLN- they take serious pride in dumbing it down.
Like Pinsky who must be very happy that he finally found one person (Oxman!! lol) to reverently call him "Dr. Drew". I don't know, I never spoke to any MD and called him "Doctor First Name". Especially for any professional?? :hysterical: But, hey, Pinsky keeps going on and on about his personal obsession. Opiate addiction. Wonder who slept in pharmacology class. He keeps talking about Benzos and the 'mindset of opiate addiction'.

I often wonder from what planet the HLN cast came from.

Last edited:
Never in my life had I thought I'd see Michael like this. I have never heard about pictures of the victim shown in a homicide/manslaughter case, and I don't understand why they would show them.

The first pic that was shown in court wasn't as difficult for me as the second one though.....because in the first one for some reason it didn't sink in that it was Michael. In the second pic the face looked more like 'our' Michael and hurt me immensely.

Anyway, what am I saying? :doh::(:no:

The court had ultimate say over whether it was shown... however, the least that could have been done is ensuring, to respect both Michael and the family, the cameras were switched off as it was shown or showing copies to jurors only so that the media did not see either photograph. I am still enormously surprised neither option was used.

I completely agree. It never should have been released outside the courtroom.

One thing I'd like to add. Nancy Grace...(like we didn't know that already). ...

While it's extremely disturbing that she spews complete fiction on the TV screen- I take comfort in knowing that the general public is safe from her contributions as prosecutor. If you have that kind of 'standard' when approaching facts and have no shame distorting things left and right- that might be a general 'bonus' for a DA, but in this case I am happy she only does damage on TV- and not in an actual court room. That sounds mean, but I would be genuinely frightened of running into DAs of that caliber in an actual court room. Look at Sneddon. Talk about power and what it does...

I heard there were 2 autopsy photos. Is this true?

I heard there were 2 autopsy photos. Is this true?

There were two pictures shown in the court room: one with MJ clothed with a hospital gown on a gurney and one with MJ competly naked (the private parts were blackened) on the autopsy table.

i found the pictures before i came here...im really depressed..

Although I have tried hard to erase that image from my mind i've just stumbled across this thread whilst browsing, Nothing in my life has disturbed me more than having to see that photo of our dear Michael :( totally heart shattering.

It made it all just too real. I never understood why these had to be on Tv, even if we all know in the end they would have leaked anyway.

Back